felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Bella easily has the ability, but it doesn't make much sense to me that she would have time, unless someone else takes over at the library.

I agree with you though, I don't see another teacher character coming in, unless it's a male teacher just to take the lessons and not be any part of a future plot.
Bella is a teacher, only there is no course at the moment, so a solution can be found for that.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
Bella easily has the ability, but it doesn't make much sense to me that she would have time, unless someone else takes over at the library.

I agree with you though, I don't see another teacher character coming in, unless it's a male teacher just to take the lessons and not be any part of a future plot.
KRJ!

She needs to start learning sometime, right?

• Red Heart
Reactions: Icekatana

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
I don't think Cathe is going away, or at least not so soon. carrying on the relationship (let's say at least one sexual scene) with her has already cost us Maya and Josy and eventually Bella, 3LIs... it seems to me that an award is deserved

otherwise either a new character (also some recycling from Swyper) or Bella as a substitute teacher
ep7_jade_school17.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: znar25

Skode

Mar 9, 2020
Ive not touched the game in a long time and not played the last couple of updates (waiting till game is complete in all honesty) but was my old prediction regarding affinity correct? As in girls ended up locked to certain routes such as Sage/Quinn exclusive to determined Dik players and Jill/Bella the Chick fanboys (leaving the other two for more neutral players?).

Blades1138

Jul 29, 2017
Ive not touched the game in a long time and not played the last couple of updates (waiting till game is complete in all honesty) but was my old prediction regarding affinity correct? As in girls ended up locked to certain routes such as Sage/Quinn exclusive to determined Dik players and Jill/Bella the Chick fanboys (leaving the other two for more neutral players?).
IIRC only Quinn and the Josy+Maya triangle have affinity requirements, the rest you're merely 'locked out' of specific actions, but not relationships.

Reactions: Skode

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017

For the better part of this week, I wrote code and performed quality assurance for the episode by playtesting and polishing art, code, and dialogue.

I have now added music and sound effects for most of the episode, and I still need a few more songs for specific scenes.

I started working on a big coding task that I have hinted about in the past, and today it's a good time to share some details on it.

Because the game is getting pretty big, and Ren'Py is getting pushed to its limits in some areas, I want to make a new binary for Season 3.

What this means is that after you have completed episode 8, and thus Season 2, you will save your game in a menu and continue your game using another .exe/.app file.

Making a new binary has the added benefit that the initial episodes for Season 3 will have a smaller download size, and you shouldn't have to redownload Season 1 and 2 every update.

If you're getting confused by this, think of this as the same game, only sliced into another part.

Season 1 and 2 will be one separate download. And Season 3 and onward will be another download.

From a developer's standpoint, there are some challenges with this task. My goals are to make this system simple to use for all of you, robust in transferring saves, and functional for both Steam and Patreon. While I'm at it, I also want to trim some fat stored in the save files.

I have both the knowledge and strategy to do all of this, but it will take more time to implement and test it thoroughly as the game has thousands of variables that I want to control and double-check. I have already made good progress on this during this week.

Next week I will continue writing the remaining scenes and pose more static renders.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
Oh God now he decided to make a save import system a la Mass Effect Trilogy...:oops::oops::oops:

Seems like a unnecessary resource and time consumer to me. Damn DPC seems forever trapped in a big is better cycle with this game. Always adding new minigames or mechanics with every update.

Starting to believe a november release is a possibility...

Last edited:

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Oh God now he decided to make a save import system a la Mass Effect Trilogy...:oops::oops::oops:

Seems like a unnecessary resource and time consumer to me. Damn DPC seems forever trapped in a big is better cycle with this game.
Other games here use the same concept:
  • Fetish Locator
  • Love of Magic
  • Rebirth
There's nothing wrong with the concept. It simply means subsequent downloads aren't going to be excessively big. People are already complaining the download for this game is too big (~14 GB). Games like this one and College Kings (also currently ~14GB) would benefit from this approach.

The next episode of BaDIK is likely to be almost 18+GB for the whole game. Hopefully the episode sizes start to plateau eventually, but considering DPC intends for around 16 episodes (give or take), the game is gonna be close to 50 GB by the time it's done. I don't even know if Renpy could cope with that shit.

So, in the effort to reduce future download sizes, and to not break Renpy, splitting the new seasons into different "games" makes a lot of sense.

Right now, when a new episode comes out, people either download a patch (and have all sorts of issues with it) or they download the whole game again, and then copy their save game across.

With the new approach, you'll download the new (partial) season and import your save game. As the episodes for that season are released, the download will get bigger until the season is complete (at an arbitrary 3.5 GB per episode, that means 14GB per season). Once the season is complete and the new season starts, you'll import your game into the new season, and so on.

With the estimated 16 episodes, that only means having to import twice, it really isn't a big deal, and it avoids the game getting so big that it'll cause issues.

I'm all for it, the only complaint is it'll delay the release of this currently awaited episode a few more days, we'll live.

Doorknocker

Aug 5, 2017
Other games here use the same concept:
  • Fetish Locator
  • Love of Magic
  • Rebirth
There's nothing wrong with the concept. It simply means subsequent downloads aren't going to be excessively big. People are already complaining the download for this game is too big (~14 GB). Games like this one and College Kings (also currently ~14GB) would benefit from this approach.

The next episode of BaDIK is likely to be almost 18+GB for the whole game. Hopefully the episode sizes start to plateau eventually, but considering DPC intends for around 16 episodes (give or take), the game is gonna be close to 50 GB by the time it's done. I don't even know if Renpy could cope with that shit.

So, in the effort to reduce future download sizes, and to not break Renpy, splitting the new seasons into different "games" makes a lot of sense.

Right now, when a new episode comes out, people either download a patch (and have all sorts of issues with it) or they download the whole game again, and then copy their save game across.

With the new approach, you'll download the new (partial) season and import your save game. As the episodes for that season are released, the download will get bigger until the season is complete (at an arbitrary 3.5 GB per episode, that means 14GB per season). Once the season is complete and the new season starts, you'll import your game into the new season, and so on.

With the estimated 16 episodes, that only means having to import twice, it really isn't a big deal, and it avoids the game getting so big that it'll cause issues.

I'm all for it, the only complaint is it'll delay the release of this currently awaited episode a few more days, we'll live.
Agreed, and I think we should highlight the key part that seems to be getting overlooked here: the game was getting so big that Renpy was going to break down. Meaning that a fix like this was needed at some point for the game to keep working. That is far from an "unecessary resource and time consumer." Something like this was very much necessary.

always86

Mar 19, 2020
Huh. Now that necklace looks pretty familiar... I'm assuming someone already mentioned this at some point, but damn! It'd be pretty interesting if Cathy's replacement was an old friend of MC's mom.

View attachment 1434406
Interesting catch. She looks a bit older than I’d expect, but… We know MCs mom is young (18?) when she meets Neil, but we don’t know how old she is when she gives birth. Neil looks 40+ and was early 20’s when they meet, so it’s possible he and Lynette could have been together years before she dies.

Teacher: I was your father's wife's former friend.
MC: What does that make us?
Teacher: Absolutely nothing.
This is true, except what it could do is allow a 3rd party to reveal some home truths about Neil, Lynette, and her family.

It could also just be a shared Daz asset.

Player33509

Jan 9, 2019
Called it.

As mentioned in my original post, Season Finales takes more time for any number of reasons. One of those reasons is you have to bridge old stuff to new stuff, handle technical debts etc.

Now STOP spreading October release estimates, and in general spreading naive optimistic estimates pretending they're realistic expectations.

Also, IF I'm wrong (which seems unlikely at this point), then we all win anyways.

Let me lay it out:
Optimistic
Expectations
Pessimistic
Expectation
Early ReleaseSatisfaction of being Right
:cool:
Positively Surprised
:D
Late ReleaseFrustration and Dejection
:mad:
Satisfaction of being Right
:cool:
a.k.a.
Manage Your Expectations!
The main event of this update is going to be, if I´m not in a wrong, the Halloween party. It makes all the sense that the developer aimed to release the update around Halloween, as other well known developers do when they create "Halloween special" updates of their games, "Xmas special", etc. It's a well-founded speculation. Now... Is going to be this update ready in Halloween? I don´t know. But it´s not "naive optimistic" to think that the release date could be around the last week of October.

always86

Mar 19, 2020
It wouldn't be the first time; Neil and Derek look like they use the same model, so Derek looks more like Neil's son than MC does.
Yes, i think the biggest mistake he’s made is using the same male model so many times. A necklace might be subtle enough not to matter and it might reveal all sorts.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Interesting catch. She looks a bit older than I’d expect, but… We know MCs mom is young (18?) when she meets Neil, but we don’t know how old she is when she gives birth. Neil looks 40+ and was early 20’s when they meet, so it’s possible he and Lynette could have been together years before she dies.

This is true, except what it could do is allow a 3rd party to reveal some home truths about Neil, Lynette, and her family.

It could also just be a shared Daz asset.
at which point the diary would be used to introduce a character who would then appear directly in the story to reveal some secret...

at which point what clue would the necklace be?

Reactions: jaden_yuki
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes