shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Anti NTR are the softest of people on this site.

They would have every guy be gay and all girls be virgins to not even have the possibility that one of their previous quuens have even touched another boy.
A betrayal in a game can be really emotional; my kid played an RPG ages ago where about 3/4 in, her character's sister betrayed the fuck outta the group and that made it the most memorable game she's ever played.

So done right, it can be an great plot device.

But in this genre, betrayal seems to have been pigeonholed into a weird fetish, and too many people make a huge deal about it.

How do these people handle it if they get dumped by a girlfriend? Shit hurts, you get over it and you get on with it. If you can't handle it in a game, fuck...

I'm finding it less and less likely for the dev to finish this. The game has now an exponential complexity because of the choices and systems he implemented so either each update will take a year (and more as time goes on) or he'll abandon this eventually.
I really like this, though. I hope that with the financial support the team has they can pull through this hiring the right people for the job.
There's just one guy making this game, and he's earning 30-70K a month doing it as a full time job. So he'll likely keep going unless he gets run over by a bus (am I allowed to say that kinda shit or is that like jinxing it)?

Reactions: dalli_x

DirtyMario

Jumping bitches since '85
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
Yeah, there are slowly situations arising where choosing one character will undermine the progress in another.

These have been posted before, but I'll whack them under a spoiler tag since you've set that trend here:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
There's probably more, I'll update this post if they come to mind.
Thanks for the answer.
I wasn't aware that we don't usually spoiler tag in here but I'm barging in on page 7500something and just wanted to be safe rather than sorry.

To be perfectly clear, I don't have a problem with choices. This game doesn't have the harem tag and I don't expect it to turn into that going forward. Also some girls are clearly main characters and others are (even labeled as) side chicks. While it's a pretty weird choice to make the player choose between 2 main characters or several side chicks as in the example above, meh, whatever.
I'm just extremely disappointed by the sparse and hush-hush scenes and encounters I'm currently getting as a trade off for permanently locking out 2 of the main girls and I'm asking if that gets better along the way or if I should bite the bullet and reload.

EDIT:
shazba said:
So he'll likely keep going unless he gets run over by a bus (am I allowed to say that kinda shit or is that like jinxing it)?
Oh I wish I could jinx someone getting run over just by talking about it. Holy shit, think of the possibilities.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Thanks for the answer.
I wasn't aware that we don't usually spoiler tag in here but I'm barging in on page 7500something and just wanted to be safe rather than sorry.

To be perfectly clear, I don't have a problem with choices. This game doesn't have the harem tag and I don't expect it to turn into that going forward. Also some girls are clearly main characters and others are (even labeled as) side chicks. While it's a pretty weird choice to make the player choose between 2 main characters or several side chicks as in the example above, meh, whatever.
I'm just extremely disappointed by the sparse and hush-hush scenes and encounters I'm currently getting as a trade off for permanently locking out 2 of the main girls and I'm asking if that gets better along the way or if I should bite the bullet and reload.
A simple overview is:
  • Play as a Chick, and get all the main LIs, but pretty much steer clear of the rest of the girls/women,
  • Play as a DIK, and enjoy the smorgasbord but expect to lose Maya, Josy, Jill and Bella eventually.

SpearOfReigns

Nov 8, 2017
If it was forced sure but by making it optional like the rest of content it would be just fine. I dont think many people would have a big problem with it. If they have a problem with it just skip it. Its really no different to other choices. But the anti NTR people hate even giving us an option.

They would have every guy be gay and all girls be virgins to not even have the possibility that one of their previous quuens have even touched another boy.
I find it ironic that people with fetish of seeing his love interest getting railed by other person calling other soft. I don't really care about NTR but seeing NTR fans trying to push their fetish into VNs by masking it as if they're the macho one is really a choice

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
I'm finding it less and less likely for the dev to finish this. The game has now an exponential complexity because of the choices and systems he implemented so either each update will take a year (and more as time goes on) or he'll abandon this eventually.
I really like this, though. I hope that with the financial support the team has they can pull through this hiring the right people for the job.
I think so too. No matter how good the DPC is, he won't be able to finish the game. This is too big a game and the risk of burning out is too great. My only hope is that the DPC sees this as a job, not as a hobby. For me, the third season will be decisive. I am sure that at some point he will get bored and he will either take a break or quickly finish the game.

Reactions: PeraDrnda

godkingxerxes

Sep 27, 2020
I find it ironic that people with fetish of seeing his love interest getting railed by other person calling other soft. I don't really care about NTR but seeing NTR fans trying to push their fetish into VNs by masking it as if they're the macho one is really a choice
I'm not pro NTR at all.

I'm just saying anti NTR gone too far, and you get WVM.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
I absolutely believe DPC will finish BaDIK (he isn't the abandoning type), but I'm hoping he leans more towards 16 episodes than 20 episodes. By 20, it will be a bloated beast with a possibly waning story (in what? 5 years?). 16 is good. Either way, we still have years to go.

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
I think so too. No matter how good the DPC is, he won't be able to finish the game. This is too big a game and the risk of burning out is too great. My only hope is that the DPC sees this as a job, not as a hobby. For me, the third season will be decisive. I am sure that at some point he will get bored and he will either take a break or quickly finish the game.
I think he'll finish it, it's just going to take a bit. Dude does a good job managing the storylines and to my knowledge he still works alone on the game itself. I think he outsources a little bit of the 2D art like the girls' drawings that Jacob does in-game, but all the coding, rendering, etc. he does himself unless something's changed recently.

Reactions: dalli_x and shazba

Gh0st_Harambe

Mar 9, 2020
He is one man working and he wont hire people to help him with the development.
Hopefully he finish the game, if not the players will be left wondering what could have been happen.
I would hate see this game with the abandoned tag.

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
I absolutely believe DPC will finish BaDIK (he isn't the abandoning type), but I'm hoping he leans more towards 16 episodes than 20 episodes. By 20, it will be a bloated beast with a possibly waning story (in what? 5 years?). 16 is good. Either way, we still have years to go.
I would like to hope, but too long update intervals make me doubt. Just because there has not been a game on the site yet that could keep at this level for about 5 years.

Reactions: PeraDrnda

SpearOfReigns

Nov 8, 2017
I'm not pro NTR at all.

I'm just saying anti NTR gone too far, and you get WVM.
lol I can't even finish that one, please dont lump us into that pile

I agree. I think DPC has too much ego to let BaDIK being abandoned.

• Haha
Reactions: godkingxerxes

DirtyMario

Jumping bitches since '85
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
Well he's already doing a lot of playtime padding with all these mini games, pixel hunts and even managing sims which I'm really not a fan of but still can't skip because I'm stubborn. It's a great tactic too because it doesn't require much render time or story writing and you still get results.

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
I would like to hope, but too long update intervals make me doubt. Just because there has not been a game on the site yet that could keep at this level for about 5 years.
Well, they've been consistently running around the 5ish month mark, so I wouldn't worry about it. Also once he gets Season 2 released on Steam and functioning, don't be surprised if he takes a month off or something to unwind for a bit - dude works around 12 hours per day every day of the week on the game so a good disconnect will be good if he decides to take one. I am pretty sure he did that after Season 1 was complete also.

Reactions: KaiserST

Wolfbeckett

Jul 25, 2020
I think he'll finish the game, he's making money hand over fist with it and abandoning it partway through would cost him a TON of Patrons, he literally can't afford to abandon it. However, the smart money would be on tempering your expectations for the ending of it now. The game is already kind of a bloated mess of variables less than halfway through it and there's no way that one man is going to be able to take all of that into account when creating the endings. Prepare yourself mentally now for the endings being less complex than the current game complexity would indicate. If I'm wrong, great, I'll be pleasantly surprised. I'd rather that then expect there to be 100 different endings and be disappointed when there's like 10.

Sep 9, 2021

Josy wasn't virgin, maya wasn't either nor jade:cautious: or sage so that touched statment was foolish.
Would you like mc to suck 5 cock in the row. Because that is also normal for this site.
People have preferences. Grouping will be really small pov
Just like we both are quinn fan and some hate her but that doesn't mean they are soft. Unless they are dating jill.:oops::ROFLMAO:

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
He is one man working and he wont hire people to help him with the development.
Hopefully he finish the game, if not the players will be left wondering 'what could have been happen.
I would hate see this game with the abandoned tag.
The way DPC talks, it's like he's always super hyped to work on this game. I'm not sure if it's just a marketing thing (hyping up your customers) or if he really is a mad motherfucker. I'm tending towards to the latter.

I don't know how old he is (my gauge is he's in his 40s - I think his first game, Acting Lessons, the mc was probably modelled to be around his own age), but he's very professional in his work and diligence.

Not sure if he's had kids, and if not, would they interfere with the development once they come onto the scene. Let's hope his wife is barren - no! WTF! that's terrible... let's just hope she prefers anal... Do feminists prefer anal? Or maybe pegging, either way, those little tykes won't come on the scene to fuck this game up. I mean we have to keep our priorities straight here.

What I'm saying is, it would be better for DPC to continue bringing the joyful B&R experience to thousands of horny basement dwellers than it would be to raise a couple of kids... I mean their mom is a feminist, that can't be a good upbringing... :unsure:

:ROFLMAO:

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
If anyone can keep after it for the long haul, it's DPC. The long delays are due to his own need to challenge himself and make every episode larger with more "shiny objects" and not because he is losing interest. Hopefully he will level off soon with his content increases. My big fear is him going well beyond 6 months per episode release.

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
I think he'll finish the game, he's making money hand over fist with it and abandoning it partway through would cost him a TON of Patrons, he literally can't afford to abandon it. However, the smart money would be on tempering your expectations for the ending of it now. The game is already kind of a bloated mess of variables less than halfway through it and there's no way that one man is going to be able to take all of that into account when creating the endings. Prepare yourself mentally now for the endings being less complex than the current game complexity would indicate. If I'm wrong, great, I'll be pleasantly surprised. I'd rather that then expect there to be 100 different endings and be disappointed when there's like 10.
He knows that he can act like Icstor. He hasn't released updates for several years or more, but still has patrons. I was glad when DPC began to consider the game his business. This means that she stopped being a hobby, but became a job and he began to treat it such as a professional. The desire to earn more money is a great motivation to finish the game.

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
The way DPC talks, it's like he's always super hyped to work on this game. I'm not sure if it's just a marketing thing (hyping up your customers) or if he really is a mad motherfucker. I'm tending towards to the latter.

I don't know how old he is (my gauge is he's in his 40s - I think his first game, Acting Lessons, the mc was probably modelled to be around his own age), but he's very professional in his work and diligence.

Not sure if he's had kids, and if not, would they interfere with the development once they come onto the scene. Let's hope his wife is barren - no! WTF! that's terrible... let's just hope she prefers anal... Do feminists prefer anal? Or maybe pegging, either way, those little tykes won't come on the scene to fuck this game up. I mean we have to keep our priorities straight here.

What I'm saying is, it would be better for DPC to continue bringing the joyful B&R experience to thousands of horny basement dwellers than it would be to raise a couple of kids... I mean their mom is a feminist, that can't be a good upbringing... :unsure:

:ROFLMAO:
I don't know why his wife lets him work 12 hours a day. All women need attention and they get bored and lonely alone. Unless his wife helps him in the development. For example, she writes a script.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes