Icekatana

Jul 9, 2017
I'm not singling anyone out when I ask this question. Almost every screenshot I've seen on this forum does this. It's high time I asked.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Why do SO MANY of you play this game with the text box enabled and the opacity turned up significantly? What do you think it adds? To me, it just gets in the way of the render, like in this example above. I have my text box disabled and I see every word crystal clearly. Here is an example of my game.

So serious question, why do people prefer obscuring the renders?

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
I'm not singling anyone out when I ask this question. Almost every screenshot I've seen on this forum does this. It's high time I asked.
Why do SO MANY of you play this game with the text box enabled and the opacity turned up significantly? What do you think it adds? To me, it just gets in the way of the render, like in this example above. I have my text box disabled and I see every word crystal clearly. Here is an example of my game.

Maybe because they find the text hard to read that way?

Reactions: Ilhares

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017

This is for the Capture2Text tool. The activated text field increases the contrast so that the tool can recognize the text better.:geek:

With this tool the copied text can be translated simultaneously and automatically into the native language.:geek:

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020

Everyone has different preferences, but I am in the no text box camp. I try to remove ren'py text boxes whenever possible. If the dev gives me the choice, I take it. If not, I manually remove it by replacing it with my own transparent or near transparent text box (I have several of varying shades and dimensions). It really depends on what kind of font the game is using. Fortunately, DPC uses a white font that has a black border/highlight. If devs do that, then you can normally see the text quite well even on a bright background like your Jill example.

Like you, I prefer to see the renders, especially DPC's amazing work, unobscured and in all their glory. And not just for the lewd renders during happy hand time. I like to see each full render without having to constantly hit "H" on every screen.

Reactions: Icekatana

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
This is for the Capture2Text tool. The activated text field increases the contrast so that the tool can recognize the text better.:geek:

With this tool the copied text can be translated simultaneously and automatically into the native language.:geek:
Cool, didn't know that. :geek:

I reckon that answers your question, Icekatana. There are quite a few people here using translators and us native English speakers don't even think about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Icekatana

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Cool, didn't know that. :geek:

I reckon that answers your question, Icekatana. There are quite a few people here using translators and us native English speakers don't even think about it.
It translates not only english. The tool is really handy and uses Google Translator as a translation matrix.

Available languages are English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Russian and Spanish.

I almost forgot about that. It's free of charge.:cool:

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020

I don't talk about this. It's just something I do, ok?
But seriously I turn it off when I play but turn it on for screenshots because I post them for the text, if I wanted to post a render I'd just use original images without any text instead of screenshots

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
While researching the DPC patreon, I came across such a render Sage. Pay attention to her eyes. Sage is crying. Something tells me that it's because of the news about Chad's homosexuality.
I absolutely agree with this. In the right eye you can see a Halloween pumpkin. There are two guys present. One guy's hair color is unidentifiable, but the other guy is blond.

It could be that Sage catches Chad and Troy inflagrantie at the party.

Remember the cluck where the MC sarcastically replied to Sage?

"That's easier than my plan of asking them to fuck in front of you."(y)

Maybe he did implement the hard plan at the Halloween party.

Wasn't that a theory of mine once?:rolleyes::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Marley300

Jan 29, 2020
Well, or the developer could pull off a twist with a delay of menstruation . My ex-girlfriend loved to scare me with her pregnancy, even though she had the usual delay, which could last a month and a half. Pregnancy is an easy way to create drama from scratch.
It’s possible … a pregnancy scare is a usual trope… Just look at Jamie and Dany :ROFLMAO:
More drama for the MC I guess! If there is really a pregnant LI…
Worst Scenario: Game Over :cry:
Best Scenario: Pregancy sex :D

Well, I kind of feel singled out since it’s basically my screenshot. :LOL:
Look I don’t know what to say… I have bad eyesight sue me. :geek:
Reminder: I thought that this new Discord avatar was Bella for a while. :ROFLMAO:
Ever since the text box was available in episode 6 I used it and I never bothered to take it off…
But it’s true that it kind of suck that it partially blocks the render… That’s why ‘H’ is my best friend. ;)
If some of you feel offended, I’ll remove the text box in my next screenshots!

• Haha
Reactions: dalli_x

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
That render is old I think DPC did it before EP 7 came out
That was from early ep8 development:

"Yesterday, I spent quite some time experimenting with makeup for Sage, which is a part of setting up a scene. I tried out different combinations to see if I liked something new. Here's a quick render of it; please note that the actual render is not used in the game it's just for this status update."​

Reddit link here:

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020

"Yesterday, I spent quite some time experimenting with makeup for Sage, which is a part of setting up a scene. I tried out different combinations to see if I liked something new. Here's a quick render of it; please note that the actual render is not used in the game it's just for this status update."​

Reddit link here:
I was wrong I had to be more specific DPC did it 7 months ago :cry: (y)

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020

Reddit link here:
I really hope we don't have to spill the beans to Sage (about Chad/Troy) in order to progress with her romance (and get the best content). That would be a really shitty thing for DPC to do to everyone involved. Players and some characters. I really hate that storyline. Why must everything hinge on revealing of the sexuality of two side characters who aren't in MC's circle of friends or love interests? Two ex-jocks playing grabass in the locker room....don't care! Ah ffs, DPC is going to do it, you know he is. Just like the "rebound guy" dumbassery, he has to throw in some weird off the wall side drama that you have no choice with.
:cautious:
I think DPC decided early on that he can't give players a perfect situation with an LI (namely she just want to fuck with no strings attached). Something has to screw it up. I just wish it didn't depend on outting two side characters. The dumb rating system from Sage (designed to hamstring those who actually want the fuck buddy) seems not that bad by comparison.

EfontMan

Aug 23, 2021
I really hope we don't have to spill the beans to Sage
Even if the MC has the option to not tell her, you know it's going to come out eventually. If they are playing tonsil hockey in public, someone else is going to catch them at some point.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Even if the MC has the option to not tell her, you know it's going to come out eventually. If they are playing tonsil hockey in public, someone else is going to catch them at some point.
I'm cool with that. If they like the thrill of almost getting caught (and they must since they fool around in a public locker room), then eventually it will happen as you said. As long as I have no part in it, or rather DPC doesn't force my MC to tell Sage in order to get her best content, then no problem. If it's just a slight RP gain/loss, then I can deal with that.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes