SomboSteel

May 8, 2017
But to dedicate a whole small episode to Zoey? Isn't that weird? I have a lot of thoughts. What if Zoey becomes a full-fledged LI? DPC needed to introduce her into the story and in order to justify a potential romantic relationship, he wants to tell her story?
id say it’s weird because it is completely unnecessary to the story at hand. She never needed to come back, she worked perfectly well as an early intimate relationship with MC. There was no way to reintroduce her into the current plot without it being tacky. Having her just “happen” to show back up is lame, doubly so after DPC makes us choose a solo path.

If I’m some player that just agonized over choosing between Bella and Jill or Sage and Maya/Josy or whoever the fuck, why after that Sophie’s choice would I jeopardize my pick for some chick from a flashback that only gets more development seconds before she butts her way into the main plot? If I was that player I wouldn’t give two shits about Zoey no matter what her episode does for her.

so why the fuck is she back, if not only to stir the pot? Cause if DPC makes our MC show interest in her and it’s out of our control, nobody will be happy in the end

Cannonspike

May 26, 2017
Damn this game and damn this developer!!!!!....
... damn them for making such an enjoyable game, and damn them for ending the game on a high, and damn them for knowing it will take 3-6 months before we will see the next chapter/continuation of our choices/story for the characters we have loved :)

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Tried this - didn't work. The upgrade of OS took the ability to even open the SDK away - it just quits unexpectedly. And I didn't read it anywhere - I just reported it to the Lemmasoft board and here, to see what may be known about this. Others have seen this as well. I can still open 7.3.5, but both 7.4.8 (which was working before the upgrade) and 7.4.10 have this issue. I use the SDKs to create Mac versions from the compressed pc versions of games.
Did you try to put SDK into your 'Application' folder?

Do you have a log file inside your game.app folder when you try to lunch the game?

UGH! The thing just refuses to download, I miss Nopy.
Mega requires downloading some other program (which I did once before and it only downloaded part of the file before requiring I jump through even more hoops), Filemail will take 6 DAYS to download the file, Mediafire seems to have misplaced the file, there's nothing to download, Gofile is overloaded and won't download at all, Dropmefile is another 6 hour download, and it expires in 5 hours, so...., Uploadfile won't download the file until I download some other program and Anonfile is the one that's downloading for 6 hours and keeps STOPPING every 15 minutes or so.

It's becoming quite frustrating.
Unofficial update-only patch (~5 GB).
https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-v0-8-0-dr-pinkcake.25332/post-6985459

hyuk_reaper

Sep 2, 2020
Does anyone have a solution for this error when trying to make the android version of the game?

Exception in thread "main" java.net.UnknownHostException: services.gradle.org

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
well said. i also dont want to come off as a negative nancy, but i think i was slightly disappointed with the episode overall. there were some good things for sure, but im not too excited about future episodes after this one. im worried this was ultimately too many steps back for DPC in terms of narrative pacing, and this is only exacerbated because he takes so long in between updates that if the episode ends up a "flop" it feels like you just lose more than you gain.

also i know that Acting Lessons put him on the map, mainly from the twists that nobody could have predicted (since stuff like that isnt common in this genre of game, nobody had any reason to suspect it would get so grim-dark). but im kinda personally growing tired of the "necessary bombs" DPC thinks we have to have every single time. sometimes it works, but most times it comes of as either contrived or kinda lame (many of them arent even "twists" since id seen them predicted here loooong ago). He doesnt need to be like M. Night and constantly overuse the "crazy twists" angle. every now and then some soap opera moments to heighten the drama are good, but i wish he would just spend some time actually developing our MC and the other characters without just spoonfeeding us development little by little so he can "shock" us with something when he thinks he has the most opportune time.

so i dont have crazy expectations for this game, but sometimes i think about what it could potentially be. idk how much money he makes buts its clearly quite a bit at this point. if he hired a team and could storyboard tons of stuff for other people to be working on simultaneously, imagine what we could get. this is ultimately a dating sim, but its been years and we still know next to nothing about so many of the characters. like just for a dumb example, we just learn Maya and Derek's last name in this episode. for how "realistic" DPC tries to make this with all his attention to little details, it seems dumb that our MC would be having an existential crisis over any of these people when in reality he/we dont even really know them in the slightest.

i just wish we could have more legitimate character development, but i feel like the cast is too big and there just isnt enough time to come close to what we could/should be at. i feel like the scope of this game is maybe too big and idk if he can focus enough to keep it all together, and its worse considering it will be his only project for likely a few more years.
The way he made it so you choose your LI and the supposed branching out of the paths in the upcoming season, makes me believe that the next season will be the last. IMO, eight more episodes is going to be way too much and as good a writer DPC is, I think that's beyond his capabilities to write 2 more seasons of content without watering it out or writing senseless drama just to stretch it out.

But 4 more episodes is still a hell long of a time to wait. Like he'll do an interlude now and I think it will drop somewhere around April, so that means that we are like still 2.5 years away from this being completed. If he does go for 2 more seasons, that's even worse as it means it'll take around 5 more years for this to be finished.

hyuk_reaper

Sep 2, 2020
Does anyone have a solution for this error when trying to make the android version of the game?

Exception in thread "main" java.net.UnknownHostException: services.gradle.org

SomboSteel

May 8, 2017
The way he made it so you choose your LI and the supposed branching out of the paths in the upcoming season, makes me believe that the next season will be the last. IMO, eight more episodes is going to be way too much and as good a writer DPC is, I think that's beyond his capabilities to write 2 more seasons of content without watering it out or writing senseless drama just to stretch it out.

But 4 more episodes is still a hell long of a time to wait. Like he'll do an interlude now and I think it will drop somewhere around April, so that means that we are like still 2.5 years away from this being completed. If he does go for 2 more seasons, that's even worse as it means it'll take around 5 more years for this to be finished.
yeah that’s crazy to do the math and realize how long this process will be. He really needs to hire some people, tbh. If not for this game, the for whatever his next project is gonna be. Many of us may just lose interest over the next few years, especially if not all the episodes are bangers

Bill_Buttlicker

Jul 13, 2018
But to dedicate a whole small episode to Zoey? Isn't that weird? I have a lot of thoughts. What if Zoey becomes a full-fledged LI? DPC needed to introduce her into the story and in order to justify a potential romantic relationship, he wants to tell her story?
DrPinkCake deciding what to do with the new love interest from the past, who will probably wind up in a house with two other love interests after being knocked out by a deranged stalker and you can only save one :p

burn.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Exalted Text

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019

There will be 2 more seasons. The teacher in the game said about the 16 chapters of the textbook, and that we are only on chapter 8. This is clearly conveyed information about how many more episodes there will be.

kartolas

Apr 10, 2021
i've tried that cuz i'm having the same issue with the old save but it doesn't seem to work for me
Well I have saves that I can't load as they break the game and I have so few from chapter 7 that I don't even know what path I'm on. Gona wait for it to end and do One More playthrough to be done with it. I simply won't waste more time doing it right again and in the next chapter have saves that don't load again.

Reactions: Tumblingjoint

InseamRay32

Mar 29, 2020
Developer must make a torrent file for the game if we wanted to download a torrent. Also, I've found a solution for me: I just downloaded MEGAsync, the Mega Desktop App for this game and it's downloading much faster.
Did that as well and it stopped at 5gb because it told me that was the max transfer quota of the day.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes