SomboSteel

May 8, 2017
No one asks questions at this school, everyone is related some how and it's Days Our Lives at this school. We are just missing a 'coma" scene to complete the Telenovela.

DPC is a great video game developer. He's simply not the greatest writer. You get the same "Fuck" scene whether or not you had fun with Jade or didn't punch Tybalt.. If you look at my previous post, odd scene between Bella and MC during the "choice" date night. Bella confronts MC in regards to Jill. In that playthrough MC avoided Jill like any normal person would avoid Arieth. He tells Bella " I am going to tell I don't want to see her anymore" Bruh.... wtf is that?
the future of BaDIK

D2M3

Jan 20, 2018
Alrighty, I'm starting to drop my character centric episode reviews, hope we get some good conversation out of this:
(( GOES WITHOUT SAYING, MASSIVE SPOILERS OF EPISODE 8))

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

D2M3

Jan 20, 2018

D2M3

Jan 20, 2018

D2M3

Jan 20, 2018

And that's it. I've been writing this over the day, also used it to organize my own thoughts. As I said, hope we get some good conversation out of these thoughts. I think there are layers to look into here.

Jan 16, 2020

The ending with Bella/Jade triggered me not gonna lie. I didn't like how abrupt you had to cut ties with either of them but it is on par with what you expect from MC. Guy is incompetent with his emotions as we saw how he dealt with the Josy/Maya reveal.
(My first playthrough was with Bella/Jill/Jade)
He sent a text message to Jade when he wanted to cut things off. Are you kidding me? You've led her on so long and she at least deserves to hear it from you in person. This impulsive decision to cut ties off with her will have major consequences which MC didn't think about. Like literally she can abuse MC in class and there's nothing he can do about it or even worse, tell her husband to expel him.

Also, when you cut off things with Bella. MC is so aloof and unable to figure out how much he means to other people. MC is the best thing to happen to Bella and doesn't comprehend the fact that he's playing with her emotions. Like motherfucker, Bella gave you a home when you didn't have one, fed you, and gave you advice like a mother or older sister would. A phone call doesn't suffice. If he truly cared about her, he would hash things out in person, you owe her that. He said that he would cut ties with Jill at the date night. I didn't like how out of left field Bella is thrown at you. Bella is depicted as a caring person but why then does she ignore Jill's emotions who is her best friend and sleeps with MC? I would have preferred having MC, Bella, and Jill reveal the feelings they have for one another over something like a dinner rather than Jill coincidentally finding out about their affair on their first day together.

So, why does he get romantically involved with the characters in the first place if he treats them as disposable? For a quick fuck. I mean the game revolves around sexual acts and it's hard for me to get fully immersed when the final destination is sex and not a mature relationship. Yeah, it just takes me out of the game when I can't act the way I want to but am forced to endure the cosmic levels of stupidity my MC has. Not saying my playthrough would have worked out but the buildup to making that decision could have been handled better.

I think that's the flaw with this type of storytelling. We have to keep up with the incompetence with whatever the plot dictates. Like would you not ask your GF who you went to 4th base with about who their family members are and what relationship they have with them. The whole plot of the game revolves around omitting key important info for the sake of "drama" and plot twists.
So yeah in the worst-case scenario my MC caused Bella to go into depression, Jade who will focus on making MC's life worse, and ended up with Jill who has ties to both of those characters.

I think DPC bit off more than he could chew but, some decisions felt out of character and needed more time to develop. The game is amazing but I don't like feeling powerless much less in games that play with your emotions.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes