Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
I can totally relate to that. Thats how I do it too If I am hooked on a character. I try to go for sage but every encounter with Bella is just so good.

Personally I think this is when a game shines compared to others. You being hooked on a character shows how good the deveoper actually is creating engaging characters and not just fuck toys
Exactly, and I have one girl like that in every game in my sig (well, a certain game has two with the initials PL in it) and whenever I play said game, it's always being devoted to that one girl and I never stray. It's all about loyalty, and I never ever get sick of the same thing over and over. I connect with a character, in this case, an LI, and never look at anyone else.

1638914832550.png

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
On the Bella-only route, I can understand Jill's initial reaction of surprise, but I'm wondering why she still avoids Bella. I have my thoughts on this, some of which include her being upset that Bella is cheating on her husband, or that perhaps she thinks the MC would have given her more of a chance if not for Bella, but I expect all will be revealed in Episode 9.
I think it's closer to that. I think she starts to get worried after you play the song for them at Bella's and you remember it's her favorite song. She also gets snippy with her for not letter her know that you "moved in". Overall If you are just on Bella's route I think it's more of her being hurt her best friend was hiding something like that from her. Maybe even a little inferior, for lack of a better word, about her not being chosen.
On the Bella 'only' path, I think Jill is upset/disappointed due to:
Jealousy - She was into the MC even if you never start anything with her.
Betrayal - Bella is Jill's best friend, yet she's been keeping her relationship with MC a secret from her. Despite Jill telling her about her interest in MC, and Bella pushing her to pursue it if she's come around.
Python:
if ep3_bella_came_around:
    ji "And? You like him now?"
    isa "No. Not at all."
    ji "But?"
    isa "But he's not all bad."
    ji "Not all bad?"
    ji "You know, that's the nicest thing you've ever said about a guy."
    isa "..."
    ji "I think you might be right."
    isa "Good. So, go ahead."
    ji "Go ahead and...befriend him?"
    isa "Yeah, that or date him. Whatever."
    ji "Date him?"
I don't think it has anything to do with Bella cheating on her husband. We don't know that actually happened, and even if it did Jill has been fully supportive of Bella after whatever prompted his disappearance.
They do talk about it though in the scene when they're both in bed together before she makes her way to the couch, so obviously something between the two happened, even if it was just a kiss between them.
I think that the husband was frustrated due Isabella´s coldness with her. Then, for some reason, one day Isabella and Jill were "fooling around", the husband caught them
Bella & Jill never fooled around. That was a theory pushed on wish-fulfillment misinterpretation of the scene where Jill stays in Bella's room. There was never any evidence to support it. The only thing we can confidently say about their argument is it has something to do with James departure, and Bella hates talking about it. From Jill's ep7 and ep8 lewd scene it's obvious she's never been intimate with anyone.

Black-Dax

Nov 26, 2019
Your saves will still work. At least, I didn't have a problem with any of my old saves working.
I tried and it doesn't work, when I try to load a save the game say to me that he has detected "use of modified game data" and I cannot play because when I try to it ask me If I want to quit and leave the game ? I don't know what to do anymore. :cry:

JetLife5423

Aug 19, 2021
I tried and it doesn't work, when I try to load a save the game say to me that he has detected "use of modified game data" and I cannot play because when I try to it ask me If I want to quit and leave the game ? I don't know what to do anymore. :cry:
I don't use mods so I didn't encounter that issue, but I believe you need to have the same mods installed or the saves won't work correctly.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
As per Lily, you might try reading the entire conversation, not just responding to a part of it.
I read it, I just don't think it's fair to blithely dismiss examples of people working simply because they're strippers. We see other students working when that work is relevant to the story.

A question for people that have been playing this game from the beginning: DPC has been adding spots for new girls in the "rewards" section? Or the spots were there from the beginning, and only new renders have been added to its corresponding spot? I ask because there is no spot for Zoey in the "rewards" section. That can be a clue about if she´s going to be a character only for the "interlude", or is going to be a recurrent character for the rest of the game. Even secondary characters, like Sally or Envy have their own spot. And there is no more space right now for a new girl...
I've only played since Episode 4, but this is what the reward screen looked like then:
Rewards_Ep4.jpg
Given how much DPC loves to overhaul the UI, I'd be shocked if he doesn't add Zoey to the rewards at some point in Season 3.

Chad's story is not over simply because it did not exhaust itself, Sage must have his apologies one way or another

you are too worried about defending BADIK so you always assume that if something hasn't happened yet it's ok, it's perfect and it will never happen again.

the same thing happened with Mona: how was it possible that Sage was working so hard for Maya and instead she didn't do anything for her stepdaughter? and in fact now we know that she's trying to contact Mona too, maybe she won't make it (I think Mona will be fundamental in cornering Burke) but it wasn't possible that she didn't try...

BADIK is still in the middle, there's all the time in the world for everything to still happen
I don't think Sage is going to push Chad for an apology any further (assuming you told her), though I'm sure she'd still like one.

But I don't understand what you're saying about Mona. By the time Sage took an actual interest in Maya (as opposed to dismissing her concerns about Quinn in Episode 3), Mona had already left. You note that Sage has tried to contact Mona since then. Since she isn't returning the calls, what more do you think Sage should be doing? Even if Sage has Mona's address and it was within a reasonable distance, there's no guarantee dropping by uninvited would go much better.

EDIT:
It's true we know little about the content of the Interlude. As usual DPC likes to keep his cards close.

He as quite explicit that the save transfer system will be used, to test that it goes smoothly without blowing up all of episode 9 if it faceplants:

I don't know that this suggests it "must have some elements that key off decisions we've made so far, or it will require us to make new decisions (and thus wants to add them to the old saves rather than having to import two files into Episode 9)."

DPC can test the save transfers worked without actually using them for anything in the Interlude. Indeed it would make sense not to, as then don't have to triage variable changes in Interlude + problems from the season 2 transfers.

Which is also why it's short, can sort it out before gets too far advanced with coding episode 9.
Sure, the Interlude could just access the save data as a test, but what exactly does that prove? DPC has presumably already tested that. Unless the Interlude tosses in a screen showing the imported variables (which DPC would never do, IMHO), it needs to branch based on that data to be worth importing it at this point. (Or, as I said, it needs to add new data based on choices within the Interlude.)

Last edited:
Reactions: J.A.L.

Loxxxthenasty

May 1, 2020
We all know how dedicated I am to a single LI per game; it started a certain older sister from a certain almost abandoned game, to Megan from AL, to a certain Doc, then Jill. I blame it on those "big 4" in the very early stages of my VN career. Yeah I'm missing more than half of each game (probably much more than half in this one) but I've said it before that I dedicate myself to one girl per game like I've dedicated the last 14 years to my girlfriend.

I've always had this very well developed loyalty trait in real life, and that transitioned over to VNs, and I never once apologized for it, and never will.

It's just who I am as a person and that's why I can never really do one more than one LI per game for the most part.
The post prior to this one you put up kinda made me laugh!But I do respect and share your real life view... BUT!!! When it comes to VN's we are polar opposite!!!!.... Even started on the very ones you mentioned vicariously through your chosen LI's....Bang bang BANG!!!

zanpakuto14

Jun 4, 2017
Does this game punish you for banging multiple people like acting lessons does? How obvious is it when you've made the right choice? I got a bad end in acting lessons and never saw it coming. I didn't pick it back up after that.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
No nobody but the DIK's work in BaDIK, unless they're a stripper.
so Josy working at the store doesn't count?
Josy doesn't work at the store anymore, she's a college student. College students in DIKworld don't have jobs, they get their money from highly unlikely schemes or as handouts from rich people or they steal it from friends rooms. It's one of the 10,000 things that make no sense in DIKworld.
We're explicitly told the HOTs do the same sort of work the DIKs have been doing. We've all seen Lily's night job, and Beth does work in the cafeteria. It's in the background, as it should be. There's no reason to care about most students having jobs or not. It's really only Maya (and by extension Josy) where the lack of a job requires explanation.
As per Lily, you might try reading the entire conversation, not just responding to a part of it.
I read it, I just don't think it's fair to blithely dismiss examples of people working simply because they're strippers. We see other students working when that work is relevant to the story.
Because I'm OCD, here's a list of all the characters who currently have, or previously held a job:
  • Alex: Nondescript jobs with the Alphas
  • Anthony: Nondescript jobs with the Alphas
  • Arieth: Nondescript jobs with the HOTs
  • Bella: Librarian and lecturer at B&R
  • Beth: Works at the cafeteria at B&R
  • Brandi: Works at the Pink Rose
  • Buddy: Drug dealer
  • Caleb: Nondescript jobs with the Alphas
  • Cammy: Prostitution, nondescript jobs with the HOTs
  • Cathy: Lecturer at B&R
  • Chad: Previously nondescript jobs with the Alphas
  • Darius: Nondescript jobs with the Alphas
  • Dawe's family: Own and run the gym
  • Dawe: Nondescript jobs with the Alphas
  • Derek: Works at the old folks home, works at the Pink Rose and random jobs from the mansion job board.
  • Elena: Nondescript jobs with the HOTs
  • Envy: Works at the Pink Rose
  • Heather: Nondescript jobs with the HOTs
  • Jacob: Works at the old folks home, works at the Pink Rose and random jobs from the mansion job board.
  • Jade: Lecturer at B&R
  • Jamie: Works at the old folks home, works at the Pink Rose and random jobs from the mansion job board.
  • Jimmy: Nondescript jobs with the Alphas
  • John Boy: Works at the old folks home, works at the Pink Rose and random jobs from the mansion job board.
  • Josy: Worked at the minimart, nondescript jobs with the HOTs
  • Leon: Works at the old folks home, works at the Pink Rose and random jobs from the mansion job board.
  • Lily: Works at the Pink Rose, Nondescript jobs with the HOTs
  • Madame: Works at the Pink Rose
  • MC: Worked at the minimart, works at the library for Bella, works at the old folks home, works at the Pink Rose and random jobs from the mansion job board.
  • Mel: Prostitution, nondescript jobs with the HOTs
  • Neil: Works in construction
  • Nurse: Works at the aged care home
  • Nick: Works at the old folks home, works at the Pink Rose and random jobs from the mansion job board.
  • Patrick: We assume he works
  • Pete: We assume he works
  • Quinn: Drug dealer, pimp, and nondescript jobs with the HOTs
  • Riona: Prostitution, nondescript jobs with the HOTs
  • Rose: Works at the Pink Rose
  • Rox: Drug dealer prior to death
  • Rusty: Works at the old folks home, works at the Pink Rose and random jobs from the mansion job board.
  • Sage: Nondescript jobs with the HOTs
  • Sandy: Works at the Pink Rose
  • Sarah: Prostitution, nondescript jobs with the HOTs
  • Stanley: Works at the Pink Rose
  • Stephen: Lecturer at B&R
  • Steve's dad: Runs the minimart
  • Steve: Works for his dad at the minimart
  • Tommy: Works at the old folks home (maybe, I think he avoids this), works at the Pink Rose and random jobs from the mansion job board.
  • Troy: Previously nondescript jobs with the Alphas
  • Vinny: Drug dealer
I listed everyone I could think of to show the utter magnitude of how many people work in this game.

It could be better summed up as:
  • The DIKs do odd jobs to raise money
  • The HOTs do odd jobs to raise money
  • The Alphas do odd jobs to raise money
  • All the mature adults (except those in retirement) hold jobs
  • The strippers... strip
  • There are some drug dealers hanging around
  • And a few random others.
I think it's fair to say there's enough emphasis on people earning money.

I mean I know you are not queen fan
Not sure how you got this impression! I enjoy her character more than any of the others. But to be fair, I like all of them except I'm not a fan of the Madame (since she is lacking in personality and I find her kinda gross).

Maybe you missed my post about Quinn's touching moments with the mc (not including ep8, but given how full blown their relationship is now, it's probably no longer a big deal).

Chad's story is not over simply because it did not exhaust itself, Sage must have his apologies one way or another

you are too worried about defending BADIK so you always assume that if something hasn't happened yet it's ok, it's perfect and it will never happen again.

the same thing happened with Mona: how was it possible that Sage was working so hard for Maya and instead she didn't do anything for her stepdaughter? and in fact now we know that she's trying to contact Mona too, maybe she won't make it (I think Mona will be fundamental in cornering Burke) but it wasn't possible that she didn't try...

BADIK is still in the middle, there's all the time in the world for everything to still happen
Sage has shown she doesn't need his apology. He definitely owes it to her, and it may come out later, but as far as Sage is concerned, it's over.

Chad is the only one now who will benefit from coming clean to Sage (if he has any conscience at all, and it looks like it weighs heavily on him all the time, he knows he owes her but he's probably afraid to expose himself). If he does come clean, I can't see how that will escalate the drama, it's just closure for Chad, Sage may respect him more, but as far as the mc is concerned, it's moot. Maybe he'll have better sex with Sage? I can see how that's important!

I'm not sure why you think I'm "too worried about defending BaDIK". #1 game on this site, it needs no defence from me, I'm just discussing things. And the topic here originated from me suggesting the game is mostly a sex and comedy with petty drama and ineffectual villains strung in to propel it along.

And I think all of that is by design.

The game was inspired by college sex comedies, and they typically have ineffectual villains too. The only drama that I think would be quite upsetting and requires a resolution is Maya and her dad (especially since her dad is actively interfering in her life, as opposed to the parents who ostracise their gay offspring).

I also said I expect the second half to ramp up a bit (AL did the same, but I don't expect it to reach the same levels of extreme). I don't think Vinny will be the pushover villain the rest have been. I think he's going to be real trouble, and I think he has already been causing trouble behind the scenes (I still think he [and maybe others helping] trashed the mansion looking for something and framed the Alphas for it), I imagine he's not going to accept Quinn muscling in on his territory (the Pink Rose) very well.

But just going back a few responses ago, your major disagreement was that the previous dramas (particularly M&J not choosing a throuple and Jill accepting Tybalt's conditions) were absolutely huge. I disagree. They were just speedbumps. Just like all the drama so far.

Maybe some people playing this game are too sensitive? :unsure: :p

Last edited:

SirDawcio

Sep 22, 2020
Another reason why focusing on Affinity instead of the story ruins it

DIK MC with Jill not being together works as a mechanic but when you pick up the pieces you start to see the illusion break.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

At the end of the day I don't mind it because I can always cheat or go with neutral affinity route but the point still stands.

If DPC wanted to portray such a storyline depending on different affinities they should've really payed a lot closer attention to details like that.

Because it fits if you didn't show up to her picnic date so why not make it exclusive to CHICKs or allow DIKs to date her on different cirumstances

4.80 star(s) 1,531 Votes