J.A.L.

Nov 27, 2021
I think this money will be used to organize a Halloween party.
Maybe. But that party is going to be organized even if that minigame is not completed. I assume if that´s the case they will use the money of Tommy´s car. Maybe there will be some special activity at the party as reward if the minigame is completed and some surplus is achieved. Or better, maybe there will be another management minigame related with the organization of the party and if you have a surplus, you have some kind of advantage. That would be great. I don´t usually like minigames (the tests and the ones of moving the pointer of the mouse are annoying), but the one of the mansion is good. I would like that kind of minigames in the future.

Reactions: ename144

yngve

Oct 28, 2018
just finished a couple paths
-is kind of naive (or stupid) the Quinn' scenes where you are supposed to ''get the good side of her to flourish''... not us nor DPC is 15y old (I think..:ROFLMAO:) to buy into that bs, so if that shit goes on is going to end up bad if this game plays in a realistic/adult way as usually does

the renders of her character look hot tho

-Unless you are into Jill's path the ending is not That bad isn't? just gtf out of that building asap

cryhwks

Dec 3, 2018
For some reason I don't see these examples... MJ would/could create complications ( maybe even outrage with Tommy ) Sage... don't see anything funny there happening ( just a " normal " walk of shame ) Jade... what is she doing there in the DIKs house in the first place ?! :unsure: She's careful with this affair ( well not careful enough... sex in school ??? :FacePalm::KEK: ) but if push comes to shove this could be a funny scene :LUL:
Firstly, fuck Tommy, who gives a fuck if he gets pissed? Secondly, they would react to the MC banging the head of the Hot's and former GF of Chad, who they all hate. And Jade isn't likely, just thought with how they react when you show the video to them, that them seeing this, might make them react how Kelso and Fez react in That 70's show, when they think Eric is banging Donna's mom.

Reactions: sixart

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
Given how long it took Sage to mentally process the news about Troy, I doubt Jade specifically thought Chad was gay. My guess is that Jade thought Chad was only using Sage for prestige or sex, and so she warned Sage not to get too attached to him. (As I recall, Sage mentioned that possibility right after the breakup.)

First off, I don't think they really were blackmail letters. Chad thought that when he attacked the MC, but as he himself admits, he wasn't thinking clearly at the time. Unless the letter told Chad to break up with Sage (which is difficult to square with the Mel & Sarah scene if the MC is on Sage's path in Episode 5), Chad doesn't seem to have done anything that would take blackmail. Also, unless Chad secretly removed a separate letter for Dawe, his letter contained nothing but photos of DIKs banging Arieth. Given that everyone knows Arieth is sleeping around, that's about as far from blackmail as clandestine envelopes get.

Personally, I'm think the most likely theory is that someone either wanted to piss of Dawe and Chad, or wanted to stir up trouble between the DIKs and jocks specifically. The question then is who would do it? Troy could have been a good candidate before we confirmed he's Chad's secret lover, but he's out now. The nerds might have the capability and a general motive, but there's nothing in game that links them to the pictures. Vinny might want to stir up trouble, but it's unclear how he would know about Chad's secret. Sarah and Mel do know about the secret and clearly have an agenda, but the look between Chad and Mel make me think Chad knows they know, which would make the letters pointless. I even tried to examine the timeline once to see if anyone was suspiciously absent when the letters were delivered, but sadly the scenes at the start of Episode 3 are so out of order I can't even be sure what scenes are contemporary. :confused:

Unfortunately, I think this is one of those mysteries where we don't even know enough to speculate meaningfully. Which is definitely frustrating given it's been languishing for 5 episodes and counting.

Ugh, no side projects, please. Every minute DPC spends on a tie-in is another minute we have to wait for the actual game. If he needs time off to recharge, that's one thing. But if he's going to spend time on BaDIK related material, I'd much rather it be the game itself.

As fort he GoG announcement, I'd say it's exciting for the folks who'll be introduced to the game via the new platform, and that's a good thing. I'm also always happy to see more competition for Steam. But I'll agree I'd much rather learn a bit more about what he's planning for this Interlude...

You need to have 6+ DIK reputation points when the time comes to crunch the numbers. If you have 5 or fewer, Rusty sells his car. [EDIT: This is assuming you disabled mini-games. With mini-games on, you just need to buy the windows for $65 and finish repairing the mansion in time.]

According to the official walkthrough, you also need to have turned down the VIP pass, but I have not been able to confirm that last part myself. And personally, I don't see why you'd want the VIP pass - especially on a non-mini-game run. Where the hell are you going to find that kind of money?!?
2 envelops
Do we actually know the content of the letter? The player never saw enough to know what it was precisely. We don't know if it was actually blackmail regarding Chad's sexuality or if Chad simply interpreted it that way. There's a scene afterwards where the Alphas calm down and talk about the photos and establish they were taken ages ago. Long before MC was at the university based on haircuts. They reacted to them without thinking it through. The photos may not have ever been aimed at Chad given they would have served a purpose without specifically targeting him as it showed the DIKs with one of the Alpha's girlfriend.

I maintain the photo was sent by whomever posted the Cathy Cluck. My belief is someone is trying to destroy the DIK's and using other people to do so. They provoked the Alphas (and it worked) using photos of the DIKs fucking Aerith. That didn't work so they provoked the university itself by posting a picture of Cathy via their Rooster. Im guessing this isn't over and they'll try something new soon.
there where 2 envelopes! 1 of them for Dawe and another one for Chad both seem intent to create massive hurt! Also we could never be sure it would be Chad to find the envelopes and keep his a secret but from his reaction and him assuming it was a blackmail attemp without any request...

or there was a request telling him to break up with Sage? is that why he assumed it was a blackmail?
Still think its Quinn behind all of this but had the envelop be found by another Joke who oppened it and rated out Chad being Gay?
(we can presume its got something to do with his sexuality by his extreme reaction... could also be proof of him doping and demanding he drops out of the competition!)

what we know and what we assume might not be the same thing is all i am saying, it could also be proof of him using steroids and demanding that he drops out of the coming competition! why? don´t know!
Granted, there are some minor things wrong with this particular one (wrong number and color of wrist stripes, wrong number of stripes on the collar, and the BR isn't interlaced properly), but if someone who plays Being a DIK saw you rocking this on the street, the first thing out of their mouth would be, "HOLY FUCK, MAGGOT! WHERE DID YOU GET THAT JACKET??"
and they would out themselfs out as noobs! the jacket is after you stop being a maggot!

Not to mention i am not shaking hands with anyone who would recognise that Jacket and its meaning... for sanitary reasons ofc!

Yeah, fuck that pass. The "gift" is just a huge money pit only people like Rusty can afford. Leon must be fucking loaded if he has been going there for almost a year.
leon won the previous DIK Hellweek!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: OFT

Klopdwerg

Sep 7, 2021
This may have been said already (this thread is still moving way too fast to absorb all the comments), but I think I've realised what the "Interlude" is.

My guess is it's simply the prologue to EP9, just like every other episode has a prologue that typically doesn't include the mc, or any choices.

So it's just gonna be Zoey's story. Just significantly longer than previous prologues.

You missed an opportunity there Mark, you should have switched Jill's picture with Quinn's for the purpose of the screenshot; you'd hear the sonic booms going off around the world as minds were being blown! :ROFLMAO:

I'm guessing the current state of events (i.e. working on the interlude, getting the Steam release out, GOG distribution etc) have put things off the rails a bit, hence the non-standard status update regime. Once he's just working on ep9 it'll go back to normal (i.e. Fridays).

I haven’t verified this, but I thought Rusty only sold his car if you couldn’t pay off the windows yet.

But DPC mentioned that the interlude will give more content faster. So i think, and sincerely hope, that it will also bring more answers from the current ongoing stories. More depth or just some answers which are bugging us for several episodes.

I will release the interlude before episode 9. This gives you some more Being a DIK content faster, and it also gives a perfect opportunity to make sure that the save transfers from Season 2 to Season 3 works for all of your games.

I wanted to manage your expectations for what the next release means in terms of development and content by telling you this.

The interlude won't be as long as the previous episodes have been, and it will primarily be focused on story events, not lewd content.

Would be a bummer if it's only the story about Zoey and what she was up to last year. If so it's just a filler for DPC to release episode 9 just before Halloween 2022.Keeping my fingers crossed that DPCsecretly know about your "open answerlist" Shazba and will stripe off some of it ;)

Trojaner

Donor
Apr 4, 2018
Well, few posters at GOG are already pissed because they go now with this Adult Games too. Always this Sheltered Cry Babies. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: drpavelcia

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
My understanding is that Sage told her mom about her couple problems, maybe asking for some kind of advice about the best way to attract Chad, or maybe Jade saw her daughter and Chad having arguments in public and had a serious talk with her about it, and at some point she made some kind of comment about Chad being gay as the reason why he´s not attracted by a girl like Sage. But I don´t know, and probably is not important.

About blackmailing letters, if I remember correctly, there are two of them, one for Dawe and another one for Chad. Chad only shows the one for Dawe. I assume that the other one has a photo of Chad and Troy. Since Chad and Tremolo are kind of enemies at that point, it´s the first person that comes to his mind, and attacks him. Them he realices that he was not thinking clearly. At first I though that those letters could come from Mel and Sarah, but after this update, it seems unlikely. I assume both letters come from the same person that made Cathy´s cluck and got the video of Jade and Tremolo having sex. It would not make sense that several people were collecting secret information around B&R and blackmailing people. Maybe Vinnie?

And I can´t agree more about side projects. Even those special renders are a waste of time, IMO. Most people in Patreon probably want the next update as soon as posible, not DPC spending time in "rewards" or side projects.
it is true that the relationship between Sage and her family is now portrayed differently, but Sage confiding in Jade about her romantic difficulties is seemingly in antithesis to what Sage tells MC after her breakup with Chad.

sa "Yeah, but not for me. I've never found that balance."
sa "And what's worse is that I want to be able to discuss emotions with my family."
sa "I wanna be able to say to my dad that I'm sad and have him sit down and listen."
sa "I want to be able to ask mom about personal things that I've always wondered..."
scene ep6_sage21 with dissolve
sa "...but I know that dad would shut down if I tried and mom would get angry if I asked..."

Reactions: ename144

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
But DPC mentioned that the interlude will give more content faster. So i think, and sincerely hope, that it will also bring more answers from the current ongoing stories. More depth or just some answers which are bugging us for several episodes.

I will release the interlude before episode 9. This gives you some more Being a DIK content faster, and it also gives a perfect opportunity to make sure that the save transfers from Season 2 to Season 3 works for all of your games.

I wanted to manage your expectations for what the next release means in terms of development and content by telling you this.

The interlude won't be as long as the previous episodes have been, and it will primarily be focused on story events, not lewd content.

Would be a bummer if it's only the story about Zoey and what she was up to last year. If so it's just a filler for DPC to release episode 9 just before Halloween 2022.Keeping my fingers crossed that DPCsecretly know about your "open answerlist" Shazba and will stripe off some of it ;)
you don't want to hope that Zoey isn't somehow connected to the current events?

Even if she is Buddy's dealer for the coast, she will be somehow already involved in the story.
At best she'll be the sister of someone switched at birth.

Reactions: Klopdwerg

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
Well, few posters at GOG are already pissed because they go now with this Adult Games too. Always this Sheltered Cry Babies. :ROFLMAO:
This is a rather strange decision to be placed on GOG, given that it is possible to refund the game to it within 30 days. I hope he weighed everything when he decided to sell the game there as well.

Pendrell

Apr 10, 2020
just finished a couple paths
-is kind of naive (or stupid) the Quinn' scenes where you are supposed to ''get the good side of her to flourish''... not us nor DPC is 15y old (I think..:ROFLMAO:) to buy into that bs, so if that shit goes on is going to end up bad if this game plays in a realistic/adult way as usually does

the renders of her character look hot tho
I'm not certain what you mean by "get the good side of her to flourish" but I assume you're referring to the moments where MC is able to get Quinn to let her guard down a bit and try some broccoli. If so, I have to disagree with you - these are some of the most well-developed moments in the game, certainly more emotionally complex than much of what we get on other routes. What do you think is naive about it exactly? Clearly people like that exist, who keep others at an emotional distance, and sometimes they can be reached by the right person. It's a familiar dramatic trope, but that doesn't mean it's unrealistic.

I will agree with you that Quinn is hot though.

mightybored

Jul 5, 2021
My main theory is that the photos with Troy were planted by someone from Hots (we hear the sounds of heels). Probably Quinn wanted to destroy the tradition of joint Hots and Jocks parties. She says in episode 8 that she will take it upon herself to deal with the jocks and keep them from the Halloween party. According to Quinn, Chad will get angry and attack someone from the Diks, but only MС turned out to be nearby and he just got into a hot hand. As a result, Chad was suspended and the head became a more accommodating Dow, with whom it is easier to do business. And Quinn is also behind the photos with Katie, she planned to remove Rusty from the post of president and appoint Tommy.
And to continue with this, we know that the DIK house wasn't hit by the Alphas, because how would they have gotten away with that level of destruction after Chad beat up MC? That's 100% an easy choice to kill a frat.

Klopdwerg

Sep 7, 2021
you don't want to hope that Zoey isn't somehow connected to the current events?

Even if she is Buddy's dealer for the coast, she will be somehow already involved in the story.
At best she'll be the sister of someone switched at birth.
I never gave thought to that but i do think she is more involved then we all think.
The shrug and hug she gave Neill is a sign they were more close then the story told us so far. MC told Bella they were just "friends with (later on) benefits" But i never got the idea Neill was close to her. Not in a sexual way but there was some aknowledge in that final scene.
DPC told us the interlude will be far smaller then we are used to but still it seems to me that he can close some other open ends beside only telling Zoeys story. I sure hope he does. Just look at the list from Shazba, so many questions. He will need a full episode to close them all so this will be a nice opportunity to do so.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I never gave thought to that but i do think she is more involved then we all think.
The shrug and hug she gave Neill is a sign they were more close then the story told us so far. MC told Bella they were just "friends with (later on) benefits" But i never got the idea Neill was close to her. Not in a sexual way but there was some aknowledge in that final scene.
DPC told us the interlude will be far smaller then we are used to but still it seems to me that he can close some other open ends beside only telling Zoeys story. I sure hope he does. Just look at the list from Shazba, so many questions. He will need a full episode to close them all so this will be a nice opportunity to do so.
I'm quite pessimistic about the fact that DPC will really close all these mysteries, they are really too many and some are too old to be still really "interesting".

in my opinion there will be a lot of "it happened because it did" at the end. there are too many really important issues that need to be addressed to give time to secondary issues

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
And to continue with this, we know that the DIK house wasn't hit by the Alphas, because how would they have gotten away with that level of destruction after Chad beat up MC? That's 100% an easy choice to kill a frat.
I don't think the jocks' attack on the mansion and the blackmail are connected. Sage had organized a party at the Preps mansion and Quinn had to tell Tommy that Hots wouldn't be at Derek and Tremolo's initiation into Diks. Quinn didn't tell because she knew what Tommy's reaction would be. The Diks thought it was Jocks, quarreled with them and left. When the Diks leave, Dow looks towards the mansion. Attacking the jocks is a common impulsive act that corresponds to the character of a dumb Dow.
As I said, most likely Zoey knows Vinnie and is going to him. But the version that she knows, for example, a bouncer from a strip club or Lily is also good.

Klopdwerg

Sep 7, 2021
I'm quite pessimistic about the fact that DPC will really close all these mysteries, they are really too many and some are too old to be still really "interesting".

in my opinion there will be a lot of "it happened because it did" at the end. there are too many really important issues that need to be addressed to give time to secondary issues
That would be such a shame if he did. It's one of the reasons which makes the story just great.
As you said, there are so many now he should be starting to clear things up and not just forget. Look at us debating here about them. Just one of the things that keeps the wait for the next episode just a little more enduring and some nice and heated discussions.
By now it's hard to set a line between the important and secondary issues since they could be intertwined. Well according to Dalli at least ;)
At this point a little, seemable non existing secondary issue can have a huge impact on an ongoing important one.

Reactions: felicemastronzo

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
That would be such a shame if he did. It's one of the reasons which makes the story just great.
As you said, there are so many now he should be starting to clear things up and not just forget. Look at us debating here about them. Just one of the things that keeps the wait for the next episode just a little more enduring and some nice and heated discussions.
By now it's hard to set a line between the important and secondary issues since they could be intertwined. Well according to Dalli at least ;)
At this point a little, seemable non existing secondary issue can have a huge impact on an ongoing important one.
what strictly concerns MC and the LIs (Lynette, Maya's father, Bella's husband...) are the main issues, everything generically concerning the college and the fraternities are secondary issues.

then, you're right, everything is connected, but, to give an example, who sent the letters with the pictures to the Jocks at this point of the story is not so important anymore, in the same way who devastated the DIKs house
or must be an unsuspected, which then changes our way of considering a particular character, or otherwise it will still be someone who regardless of his guilt was already definitely a villain of the story (Quinn? Vinnie? Burke?).

going back to the interlude: it has to give substance to Zoey's character, who otherwise would be a foreign body in the story, the fact that we have been told that she was the first fuckbuddy of MC is not enough, she has to make up for 8 chapters of absence and somehow capture our attention. i think that together with this will be thrown the seed of some other mystery that will give a glimpse of Zoey's connection with other characters in the story besides MC, to make her more interconnected to the story

J.A.L.

Nov 27, 2021
it is true that the relationship between Sage and her family is now portrayed differently, but Sage confiding in Jade about her romantic difficulties is seemingly in antithesis to what Sage tells MC after her breakup with Chad.

sa "Yeah, but not for me. I've never found that balance."
sa "And what's worse is that I want to be able to discuss emotions with my family."
sa "I wanna be able to say to my dad that I'm sad and have him sit down and listen."
sa "I want to be able to ask mom about personal things that I've always wondered..."
scene ep6_sage21 with dissolve
sa "...but I know that dad would shut down if I tried and mom would get angry if I asked..."
Maybe she was referring about her adoption. For example, why they decided to adopt her or even what happened with her biological parents. That line of "dad would shut down if I tried and mom would get angry if I asked" seems to be referred to something like that.

Think that Sage and Chad have been having hard arguments in public places in B&R. It makes sense that Jade and Burke have seen those arguments. Even if Sage and Jade don´t have a close relationship, I think any mother would have a talk with her daughter if she sees her having an argument with her neardenthal boyfriend in the middle of the cafeteria of his work center.

J.A.L.

Nov 27, 2021
Quinn is pimping HOTs, and I suppose Burke is her main client and the reason she can continue selling drugs and is not expelled from B&R... It´s supposed that Quinn asked Burke to get rid of Mona, and that´s why she left? Did she left voluntarily? What do you guys think?

4.80 star(s) 1,531 Votes