AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
The second one has 3 Jill renders instead of 2, so of course it's going to win... This is why we can't have nice things.
At this point I would rather have a bundle dedicated only to Chad and Troy making sweet sweet love.
If you put in that bundle only a photo of Jill and the rest Chad and Troy and it is the only Bundle where Jill is

That bundle would win :BootyTime:

TajaRrR

Jun 16, 2018
View attachment 1554467

Two days worth of voting, and a clear leader emerges.

For me, the choices in several of his Patreon polls are either so horrible that I vote for the one I hate the least (choosing a sex act with Madam is the primary example), or so bland that I really don't care which one wins, which covers this current poll. I find few of the finalists show any kind real imagination, especially considering DPC made it fairly clear that any of his characters from both Acting Lessons and Being a DIK were fair game.

In truth, I blame DPC as much as the entrants, because he condensed the list from more than 250 submissions down to 15, and I know there was a better mix of characters than what we have in the three bundles.

So, instead of the MC and Bianca double-penetrating a straight-jacketed Leah in her padded cell, we end up with MC and Jill cuddling under a blanket in front of a cabin fireplace, which probably will happen in the game, anyway.

Maybe I should be thankful one of the finalists didn't include Sewer Monster Arieth having tentacle sex with the DnG party.

:sick:
Wow.. Such a bad choice..
There is only one worth waiting for (#7).
3rd bundle was so good, what's wrong with people?

Sep 29, 2021
DPC seems to find inspiration in TV Shows and movies. That´s the moral of the TV Show "Friends", and probably DPC is a fan of it.

It´s kind of an alien concept for a Spaniard, and probably for people of Spanish or Italian culture. Friendship is really important for people from a Spanish and Greco-Latin culture, but blood is always thicker than water. For example, when Neil says at the beginning of the game to Tremolo "You know that your room will always be yours", it sounded weird to me. It´s not something that a Spanish father would say to his son because usually it´s something taken for granted. For example, during the last great recession, a lot of families in Spain with all its members unemployed and unable to pay a rental house, returned to their retired parent´s or grandparent´s home, and lived thanks to their retirement pensions. Friends usually help too during hard times (like the one that awaits all us when the public debt bubble burst next year or the 2023), but usually is traditional family the first and biggest social support.

I don´t know if it´s the same in US, where the game is set.
It's mostly nonsense in the U.S. too. Young people will say it in their twenties, but they usually get married, grow up, move to the suburbs like they swore they never would, and some poor schmuck is left holding the bag.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
DPC seems to find inspiration in TV Shows and movies. That´s the moral of the TV Show "Friends", and probably DPC is a fan of it.

It´s kind of an alien concept for a Spaniard, and probably for people of Spanish or Italian culture. Friendship is really important for people from a Spanish and Greco-Latin culture, but blood is always thicker than water. For example, when Neil says at the beginning of the game to Tremolo "You know that your room will always be yours", it sounded weird to me. It´s not something that a Spanish father would say to his son because usually it´s something taken for granted. For example, during the last great recession, a lot of families in Spain with all its members unemployed and unable to pay a rental house, returned to their retired parent´s or grandparent´s home, and lived thanks to their retirement pensions. Friends usually help too during hard times (like the one that awaits all us when the public debt bubble burst next year or the 2023), but usually is traditional family the first and biggest social support.

I don´t know if it´s the same in US, where the game is set.
I don't think it's a matter of culture, but of setting.

the protagonists are young boys and to make them more interesting they all come from families with problems, this weakness of the family makes it necessary for them that the "crutch" of friendship must be important.

never the blood family can really solve a problem, it almost always creates it. Neil does his best for the house, but it's the kids who have to solve the problem, now we'll see how Sage's very problematic family will deal with Maya, but I doubt it will be a solving intervention

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I think there will be a solution, because otherwise this whole scenery would be pointless. Besides, I came up with two theories. One good and one crazy. Which one do you want to read?:rolleyes:
that the BR is actually a psychiatric institution? where both students and teachers are actually patients isolated from the civilised world to keep them safe?

That would explain a lot...:unsure::unsure::unsure:

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
I think there will be a solution, because otherwise this whole scenery would be pointless. Besides, I came up with two theories. One good and one crazy. Which one do you want to read?:rolleyes:
The crazy !!! Always take the crazy one !!!
:p :LOL:

Tadpol

Mar 22, 2021
the problem is that the friendship part is very weak, so it becomes an obligation and an annoyance
Aside from a few small, unimportant events, he really needed help twice (each with his housing issues), and he found help through Derek, and Bella and Sage (conditionally).

We can also talk about Jill, who helps him with Tybalt (unconditionally for that matter).

The rest is the MC helping others.

For the obligatory side of friendships, this is for practical reasons. If the player can completely avoid certain girls, it becomes very difficult to relate the MC to stories and people he has ignored. As the stories and the people are almost all connected, one cannot ignore some of them.

Or we will have a totally different game / story.

Reactions: Leo17

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Aside from a few small, unimportant events, he really needed help twice (each with his housing issues), and he found help through Derek, and Bella and Sage (conditionally).

We can also talk about Jill, who helps him with Tybalt (unconditionally for that matter).

The rest is the MC helping others.

For the obligatory side of friendships, this is for practical reasons. If the player can completely avoid certain girls, it becomes very difficult to relate the MC to stories and people he has ignored. As the stories and the people are almost all connected, one cannot ignore some of them.

Or we will have a totally different game / story.
just because this friendship is necessary to the continuation of the game, it should have been presented better by the game, instead it is "imposed".

and it's not a question of help (even if I don't see why Maya and Josy as friends, or Bella, couldn't help MC anyway to fix his room) but of relationship (not even a phone call for a birthday wish...).

the Lis are more acquaintances than friends, but they are quite intrusive

even worse after a rejection, remaining at the last chapter: Jill has all the reasons in the world to want to keep her distance from MC, even if she kept him out of every decision, but how can they remain friends?

Hazeti

Jan 19, 2020
just because this friendship is necessary to the continuation of the game, it should have been presented better by the game, instead it is "imposed".

and it's not a question of help (even if I don't see why Maya and Josy as friends, or Bella, couldn't help MC anyway to fix his room) but of relationship (not even a phone call for a birthday wish...).

the Lis are more acquaintances than friends, but they are quite intrusive

even worse after a rejection, remaining at the last chapter: Jill has all the reasons in the world to want to keep her distance from MC, even if she kept him out of every decision, but how can they remain friends?
Completely agree with you on this , this problem has existed since the ending of ep 4 , for example if the MC tries for something more with M & J and they reject him than ofc many players would feel dejected and would want to avoid those characters especially the ones who have been trying to pursue them since the beginning of the game and they pretty much gave him the middle finger just for having the affinity scale slightly toward DIK despite doing everything correctly with them up until that point , i even tested this while scoring full relationship points with the girls and then doing some DIK actions before the whole library scene at the end of ep 4 , nope they will still reject you if it goes towards DIK no matter what you do before that point lol

The game's writing and story has this very awkward ass sense of logic and come ep 5 the girls pretty much ask the player to come and support them AGAIN despite what happened in the previous ep , it was at this moment i knew that yeah DPC botched yet again

Now the same thing is repeating with Jill's story arc which just like M & J has a very petty reason for the character getting rejected , missing out on her surprise date just because you the player wanted to do the right thing and take care of a sick friend , even by simply adding that dialogue during that conversation would make things so much more natural and would actually fit with Jill's character theme of being a helping person , wouldn't it have been cool if she actually volunteered to go with the MC to see Sage and maybe actually had gotten to know one another like you know how natural writing does with scenarios like this

The only rejection that made complete sense so far has been Bella and Quinn to a certain extent as she distrusts an MC close to M & J given their character interaction

Oh btw Bella wishes the MC a happy birthday despite not being on her path whereas the others just vanish , yeah they are real good friends lol

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
The crazy !!! Always take the crazy one !!!
:p :LOL:
I think I'm mixing the 2 theories so I don't have to write two.:unsure:

Jade is not home at this time. Sage gets her father Stephen out of his office to start the conversation. Stephen sees the MC and starts a conversation with him. He tells him that an extraordinary opportunity has arisen for him. At that moment, the door opens and Jade enters the room. Surprised by the MC's presence, she asks in amazement what her best (English) student from her class is doing here. Stephen looks at the MC and thinks out loud: Is he gay? Jade and the girls are horrified by what they have heard. The MC just replies, "Great, I'm already a pervert, so I can be gay too". :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sage, still affected by the conversation about Chad, asks, "You too? Jade just says, "I knew it" and asks Sage if she has gaydar? Josy and Maya can only grin. The MC turns to Sage and tells her he's sick and contracted dalli_x, which makes him prone to weird sarcasm. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

He continues talking and reminds her of the conversation at the preps party where he already told her he's not gay. Stephen looks astonished and says that's all the more amazing because he graduated at the top of his wife's class. This results in a rare opportunity for the MC, Stephen mentions, because the MC now has a chance at 2 scholarships, but only needs one. He tells the MC that Amelia Royce was also in the audience at the concert and was thrilled with his and Jill's performance. Jill also talked to her mother afterwards and told her that the MC helped her overcome her stage fright. The Royce's then decided to fund a music scholarship for B&R, and they want MC to be the first to receive it. MC asks Stephen if there is a way for Maya to get the social studies scholarship. Jade joins the conversation and confirms to her husband that Maya is the second best student in her class. Stephen thinks about it for a moment and agrees that Maya and MC will get a scholarship. This is not quite as self-serving, as it will fund another scholarship for B&R.

However, Stephen points out that the scholarships would only cover college costs and they would have to pay for their own living expenses. Everyone is relieved and happy at first. Suddenly, Sage is startled and asks her father if he can talk to the tenants of the gym. Stephen looks at his daughter in amazement and asks why. Sage tells him that she learned martial arts at MC, which not only allows her to defend herself, but also helps her balance her emotions. If the violent chess player had had the same training, the attack on the math teacher might not have happened. The MC could offer a class on it and make some money. Stephen looks at his daughter and says, "That's a good idea, but it would be even better if you talked to the gym tenants. It's good experience for your future." Stephen grabs his forehead because he just thought of something else. He asks Maya if she would mind helping out in the college cafeteria because an employee is out due to an unexpected pregnancy.

All's well that ends well.

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
Completely agree with you on this , this problem has existed since the ending of ep 4 , for example if the MC tries for something more with M & J and they reject him than ofc many players would feel dejected and would want to avoid those characters especially the ones who have been trying to pursue them since the beginning of the game and they pretty much gave him the middle finger just for having the affinity scale slightly toward DIK despite doing everything correctly with them up until that point , i even tested this while scoring full relationship points with the girls and then doing some DIK actions before the whole library scene at the end of ep 4 , nope they will still reject you if it goes towards DIK no matter what you do before that point lol

The game's writing and story has this very awkward ass sense of logic and come ep 5 the girls pretty much ask the player to come and support them AGAIN despite what happened in the previous ep , it was at this moment i knew that yeah DPC botched yet again

Now the same thing is repeating with Jill's story arc which just like M & J has a very petty reason for the character getting rejected , missing out on her surprise date just because you the player wanted to do the right thing and take care of a sick friend , even by simply adding that dialogue during that conversation would make things so much more natural and would actually fit with Jill's character theme of being a helping person , wouldn't it have been cool if she actually volunteered to go with the MC to see Sage and maybe actually had gotten to know one another like you know how natural writing does with scenarios like this

The only rejection that made complete sense so far has been Bella and Quinn to a certain extent as she distrusts an MC close to M & J given their character interaction

Oh btw Bella wishes the MC a happy birthday despite not being on her path whereas the others just vanish , yeah they are real good friends lol
"Friendship" is nothing more than a game thing or if you want a mechanic. Moreover, we know that friendship between a man and a woman does not exist.;)
But in general, friendship is nothing more than a way to unite all the main girls in the face of their main enemy and this is the Burke family. The girls already know each other and interact with each other. I can quite imagine a situation when six of them are sitting at the same table and solve together first Maya's problem, then Sage's problem, then a drama begins in their company due to the fact that Josie started to jealous of Sage and in this spirit.

This will make the story more dynamic, but much more linear and there will be no need to create separate scenes as in previous chapters, when Tremolo ran around the campus from one girl to another and could not miss their plot events (like when he stayed at Bella's and baked pancakes in episode 5).

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
I think I'm mixing the 2 theories so I don't have to write two.:unsure:

Jade is not home at this time. Sage gets her father Stephen out of his office to start the conversation. Stephen sees the MC and starts a conversation with him. He tells him that an extraordinary opportunity has arisen for him. At that moment, the door opens and Jade enters the room. Surprised by the MC's presence, she asks in amazement what her best (English) student from her class is doing here. Stephen looks at the MC and thinks out loud: Is he gay? Jade and the girls are horrified by what they have heard. The MC just replies, "Great, I'm already a pervert, so I can be gay too". :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sage, still affected by the conversation about Chad, asks, "You too? Jade just says, "I knew it" and asks Sage if she has gaydar? Josy and Maya can only grin. The MC turns to Sage and tells her he's sick and contracted dalli_x, which makes him prone to weird sarcasm. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

He continues talking and reminds her of the conversation at the preps party where he already told her he's not gay. Stephen looks astonished and says that's all the more amazing because he graduated at the top of his wife's class. This results in a rare opportunity for the MC, Stephen mentions, because the MC now has a chance at 2 scholarships, but only needs one. He tells the MC that Amelia Royce was also in the audience at the concert and was thrilled with his and Jill's performance. Jill also talked to her mother afterwards and told her that the MC helped her overcome her stage fright. The Royce's then decided to fund a music scholarship for B&R, and they want MC to be the first to receive it. MC asks Stephen if there is a way for Maya to get the social studies scholarship. Jade joins the conversation and confirms to her husband that Maya is the second best student in her class. Stephen thinks about it for a moment and agrees that Maya and MC will get a scholarship. This is not quite as self-serving, as it will fund another scholarship for B&R.

However, Stephen points out that the scholarships would only cover college costs and they would have to pay for their own living expenses. Everyone is relieved and happy at first. Suddenly, Sage is startled and asks her father if he can talk to the tenants of the gym. Stephen looks at his daughter in amazement and asks why. Sage tells him that she learned martial arts at MC, which not only allows her to defend herself, but also helps her balance her emotions. If the violent chess player had had the same training, the attack on the math teacher might not have happened. The MC could offer a class on it and make some money. Stephen looks at his daughter and says, "That's a good idea, but it would be even better if you talked to the gym tenants. It's good experience for your future." Stephen grabs his forehead because he just thought of something else. He asks Maya if she would mind helping out in the college cafeteria because an employee is out due to an unexpected pregnancy.

All's well that ends well.
Not even that crazy... but why ( or more precisely HOW ) did the employee in the cafeteria get pregnant ? :p 69 d does not cover that as far as I know :LOL::ROFLMAO::KEK:

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
"Friendship" is nothing more than a game thing or if you want a mechanic. Moreover, we know that friendship between a man and a woman does not exist.;)
But in general, friendship is nothing more than a way to unite all the main girls in the face of their main enemy and this is the Burke family. The girls already know each other and interact with each other. I can quite imagine a situation when six of them are sitting at the same table and solve together first Maya's problem, then Sage's problem, then a drama begins in their company due to the fact that Josie started to jealous of Sage and in this spirit.

This will make the story more dynamic, but much more linear and there will be no need to create separate scenes as in previous chapters, when Tremolo ran around the campus from one girl to another and could not miss their plot events (like when he stayed at Bella's and baked pancakes in episode 5).
That agonizingly long stay at Bella's is one of my worst memories from the game. The events of the night before made some sense but the next day. The unending yoga scene, the conversation by the pool, the pointless pancakes, the breakfast and all the while the MC's new home lay in ruin's and he's in no hurry to get back and help clean it up.

As far as the friendships, the failure to provide any kind of narrative logic for WHY MC is friends with the LI's that he doesn't pursue romantically is the biggest weakness in the entire story.

Hazeti

Jan 19, 2020
"Friendship" is nothing more than a game thing or if you want a mechanic
It's simply a way of saying to the player , " hey you know that these characters you just rejected or who rejected you and the efforts you made so far as the player ........yeah i am still gonna keep them as part of the story cause i honestly don't know much about creating natural scenarios in games where characters slowly fade into the background once their arc is done "

It's all bullshit as proven so far by the Maya and Josy friend shit show , i honestly feel bad for those two at this point in the game , good character archetypes destroyed by poor writing

Moreover, we know that friendship between a man and a woman does not exist.;)
Facts :KEK:

If a player was pursuing M & J along with Sage then all of a sudden decides to go exclusive with Sage which i did in my main Sage save than yeah i can see Josy and Maya being pissed with the MC and Sage but fuck it she is worth the drama lol

And yes it's also a way of inserting mandatory linear sections like the Bella pancake scene

That agonizingly long stay at Bella's is one of my worst memories from the game. The events of the night before made some sense but the next day. The unending yoga scene, the conversation by the pool, the pointless pancakes, the breakfast and all the while the MC's new home lay in ruin's and he's in no hurry to get back and help clean it up.

As far as the friendships, the failure to provide any kind of narrative logic for WHY MC is friends with the LI's that he doesn't pursue romantically is the biggest weakness in the entire story.
Man if we actually start scrutinizing this game through a serious lens it starts falling apart and this is coming from a person who is actually a fan of this whole project despite these glaring flaws but sometimes it's too fucking hard to ignore them like how a character like Jaime has more character depth than some of the girls at this point in the story

Also i can't understand why no one has stated how the MC kept using his mom's death as an emotional clutch in several sections of the game that it almost lost all impact from the player's mind , in the beginning i was genuinely sad but the dude kept using it again and again and i was like i get it bro , just stop

I have $76 leftover in one of my runs. ;)
Damn , you sir must be great at management games , i hope that extra cash we earned would actually come to some use , maybe during the whole hyped up halloween party

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes