Afapp

Aug 4, 2021
I'm trying to find the title and the artist for the second song in Maya's scene in the classroom in Ep8. It starts out with a bunch of Lalala's and the chorus is run away with me. The first song is Finally Arrived by Tangerine.
Can any one help?

Tadpol

Mar 22, 2021
Anyway, the reason that I play and most importantly critique this game is because it's a very prominent game in this medium. Prominent work in any medium is emulated and influential. And I care about this medium and games in general. I want them to be good, therefore I can not let bad work stand unopposed.
Thanks to OFT for asking the question, and thanks to you for the answer.

Reactions: OFT and DavDR

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
DPC was trying to evoke a emotional response from the player but it comes off as cheap cause i felt more for Maya's plight than i have for the MC and as for Neil , his bio did say that he has had some legal issues in the past and maybe that's the reason he is having such a hard time financially ?
I did notice that note in the bio but I've never been able to determine if it's something that DPC put there from the beginning or if it's one of those things that appear in the game to try to answer criticism, like the awful and hilarious dialogue from Maya in ep7 where she says that she is the one who co-signed the student loan.

Even if it's original canon I doubt that Neil would be so indebted that he and MC would be one misstep away from living under the freeway.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Hazeti

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Ughh, that scowl.

Anyway, the reason that I play and most importantly critique this game is because it's a very prominent game in this medium. Prominent work in any medium is emulated and influential. And I care about this medium and games in general. I want them to be good, therefore I can not let bad work stand unopposed.

I'm not willing to put up with BaDIK's, or Fallout 76's, or Last of Us pt2's. I will call them out for their flaws and demand better work from the developers. And I wish that all of you would too.
Exactly ! i enjoy this game for what it is and i also love some of the characters presented like Derek ( the inner child in me loves the guy ) but that doesn't mean one cannot criticise it harshly for it flaws
There are two sides to criticism. :rolleyes:

There is the negative criticism, which becomes very tiresome after a while, to say the least. It's not pleasant to read and doesn't really do any good because it doesn't offer a solution. It's very off-putting for the person being criticized.:unsure:

The other side is positive criticism. This is usually creative and offers solutions. With it the Krittisierte can begin something, in which he can be inzpiriert by it. Such contributions are also read with pleasure.:unsure:

Jan 16, 2020
Completely agree with you on this , this problem has existed since the ending of ep 4 , for example if the MC tries for something more with M & J and they reject him than ofc many players would feel dejected and would want to avoid those characters especially the ones who have been trying to pursue them since the beginning of the game and they pretty much gave him the middle finger just for having the affinity scale slightly toward DIK despite doing everything correctly with them up until that point , i even tested this while scoring full relationship points with the girls and then doing some DIK actions before the whole library scene at the end of ep 4 , nope they will still reject you if it goes towards DIK no matter what you do before that point lol

The game's writing and story has this very awkward ass sense of logic and come ep 5 the girls pretty much ask the player to come and support them AGAIN despite what happened in the previous ep , it was at this moment i knew that yeah DPC botched yet again

Now the same thing is repeating with Jill's story arc which just like M & J has a very petty reason for the character getting rejected , missing out on her surprise date just because you the player wanted to do the right thing and take care of a sick friend , even by simply adding that dialogue during that conversation would make things so much more natural and would actually fit with Jill's character theme of being a helping person , wouldn't it have been cool if she actually volunteered to go with the MC to see Sage and maybe actually had gotten to know one another like you know how natural writing does with scenarios like this

The only rejection that made complete sense so far has been Bella and Quinn to a certain extent as she distrusts an MC close to M & J given their character interaction

Oh btw Bella wishes the MC a happy birthday despite not being on her path whereas the others just vanish , yeah they are real good friends lol
Bella is love, Bella is life

OFT

Jan 6, 2020
Ughh, that scowl.

I'm not willing to put up with BaDIK's, or Fallout 76's, or Last of Us pt2's. I will call them out for their flaws and demand better work from the developers. And I wish that all of you would too.

Thanks for that. It was actually one of the most fair points I've heard you make. And you're right that a person should speak out against unjustified accolades as they see them.

I think you're aiming at the wrong target audience, though. If someone played the game and enjoyed it, you will change no one's mind after the fact. The most you can hope for is to tarnish a very small part of the shine, yet it will make a minimal impact on their overall perception of the game.

Hazeti

Jan 19, 2020
I did notice that note in the bio but I've never been able to determine if it's something that DPC put there from the beginning or if it's one of those things that appear in the game to try to answer criticism, like the awful and hilarious dialogue from Maya in ep7 where she says that she is the one who co-signed the student loan.

Even if it's original canon I doubt that Neil would be so indebted that he and MC would be one misstep away from living under the freeway.
I remember seeing that in the old bio as far as ep 2 back in mid 2019 and i think that Neil's current predicament might have something to do with the MC's grandfather , Lynette obviously came from an influential family and i think it's pretty clear her parents blame Neil for what happened to their daughter so maybe they did some kind of litigation to bury him in financial debt

There are two sides to criticism. :rolleyes:

There is the negative criticism, which becomes very tiresome after a while, to say the least. It's not pleasant to read and doesn't really do any good because it doesn't offer a solution. It's very off-putting for the person being criticized.:unsure:

The other side is positive criticism. This is usually creative and offers solutions. With it the Krittisierte can begin something, in which he can be inzpiriert by it. Such contributions are also read with pleasure.:unsure:
Yeah the issue is DPC doesn't take criticism be it positive or negative

She did a review for the game saying it isn't to her liking despite giving it her personal GOTY for 2020 and yet DPC still blocked her :KEK: the guy and the hardcore fanbase for BaDik is so thin skinned lol

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Thanks for that. It was actually one of the most fair points I've heard you make. And you're right that a person should speak out against unjustified accolades as they see them.

I think you're aiming at the wrong target audience, though. If someone played the game and enjoyed it, you will change no one's mind after the fact. The most you can hope for is to tarnish a very small part of the shine, yet it will make a minimal impact on their overall perception of the game.
I'm just pointing out the truth. People can do with it whatever they like.

Reactions: Hazeti

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
I remember seeing that in the old bio as far as ep 2 back in mid 2019 and i think that Neil's current predicament might have something to do with the MC's grandfather , Lynette obviously came from an influential family and i think it's pretty clear her parents blame Neil for what happened to their daughter so maybe they did some kind of litigation to bury him in financial debt

Yeah the issue is DPC doesn't take criticism be it positive or negative

She did a review for the game saying it isn't to her liking despite giving it her personal GOTY for 2020 and yet DPC still blocked her :KEK: the guy and the hardcore fanbase for BaDik is so thin skinned lol

Unlike DPC's super fan's I can't do asslicking. There are things in the game that I like, and I have said so in the past on these forums. If anyone thinks my criticism is wrong or unfair they are welcome to ignore me. Some people can't do that though and just can't tolerate criticism of their precious. But even that can be turned into a positive thing, like bragging over the most facepalms with Arigon and Shazba.

Hazeti

Jan 19, 2020
Unlike DPC's super fan's I can't do asslicking. There are things in the game that I like, and I have said so in the past on these forums. If anyone thinks my criticism is wrong or unfair they are welcome to ignore me. Some people can't do that though and just can't tolerate criticism of their precious. But even that can be turned into a positive thing, like bragging over the most facepalms with Arigon and Shazba.
I am firmly in the camp where i believe that criticism is absolutely necessary for improvement , if you surround yourself with yes-man on a constant basis you will never improve and in the long run you will suffer for it , this industry is growing at a rapid rate and if DPC doesn't change some of the ways he presents his work he will get dethroned

Take note that people will always react to you not liking something that they like , that reflects the insecurity many people feel with their own choices

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017

This is not quite correct.:rolleyes:

Q&A Session - February 2021
What parts of the game are you willing to be flexible on due to feedback? How much does a fan reaction affect your writing and story?

I always read and consider any feedback related to gameplay, quality of life improvements, bug reports, and typos. Many significant improvements are a direct result of community feedback.

Fan response, however, doesn’t affect the story.

Reactions: sava75

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
This is not quite correct.:rolleyes:

Q&A Session - February 2021
What parts of the game are you willing to be flexible on due to feedback? How much does a fan reaction affect your writing and story?

I always read and consider any feedback related to gameplay, quality of life improvements, bug reports, and typos. Many significant improvements are a direct result of community feedback.

Fan response, however, doesn’t affect the story.
:unsure: :unsure:what would that prove? could he ever say anything different?

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes