minoslune

Aug 17, 2017
hey guys im a new player, the game so far has been great, but I have one question, Im trying to go for sage first and it was mentioned that she likes bad boys, I was wondering if this meant that Im going to have to choose all dik options and just ignore every other option in the game for fear of being locked out of sage route.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
I think Sage was blackmailing Chad. And why? :unsure:

EP1:
Sage finds a red note in Chad's gym bag. She meets the MC who confronts Chad on his first day, who is probably the strongest guy on campus. He even confronts him twice in one day, which Sage witnesses.

Sage and Chad have a heated argument. But Chad can't lose Sage's favor, because Sage probably talked her adoptive father into making Chad president of the Jocks. That way he could protect Troy from the other Jocks, whether Troy was a Jock or not. Troy needed Chad's help in the gym, too. But because of the fight Chad had to calm Sage down again and to distract him he gives Troy a black eye. He takes the guitar away from the MC and gives it to Sage because he knows she always wanted to play guitar. The MC gets it back and learns that Chad stole the guitar. A stolen guitar is not a great gift and Sage gets angry. She asks the MC to find out who Chad is cheating on her with.

EP2:
Sage asks the MC to go to the gym. She lays in wait with binoculars and watches everything. This is also how she sees the MC defending himself against Dawe. Her plan matures. The MC agrees to give her an hour of martial arts training. Nice of him. But Sage wants to get revenge on Chad by losing his presidential title that Sage organized for him. Sage must have some embarrassing dick pics of Chad or other pictures that she can blackmail him with. Sage also easily got the pictures for Dawe. They talk to Quinn, who still had a good relationship with the DIK's at the time, and Arieth, who is after everyone's dick anyway. So the pictures are not the problem yet. But Chad is, and that's what Sage is afraid of. Chad is already violent towards Sage in EP1 and he seems to have no problem raising his hand against girls. Riona writes in a letter that she was beaten, and Chad apologizes. But now Sage has the MC on her side. Is Sage perhaps trying to take advantage of the MC's abilities?

EP3:
Chad gets the pictures and freaks out. The MC fights back and a day later Chad is no longer president of the Alphas.

EP7:
Sage, in the meantime, has become a good friend of the MC. Maybe more, that's up to you. The situation with Chad has calmed down. But there is still a danger that Chad will find out who blackmailed him. So there's a second training session for Sage. She doesn't want the MC to fight her battles anymore.

EP8:
Sage is worried about how to act towards her parents about Maya. She has stood up for someone (Chad) before and was disappointed. It's understandable that she's worried about that. Also, the MC might learn that Sage stood up for Chad and conclude that Sage is behind blackmailing Chad. I think Sage is very scared because the MC sees an ugly side of Sage.

It could be that way, but it doesn't have to be.:D(y)

Reactions: dav3knight

Fendrall

Mar 3, 2017
Jill: Jill's mother probably knew Lynette. She may have been Lynette's 4th friend. Why? Probably the other two beauties (one is Bianca) are the daughters of Vivian and Miranda. So it stands to reason that Jill knows these two beauties because they are the daughters of her mother Amelia's friends (Miranda, Vivan). They knew Lynette, and through Jill, the MC gets to know Miranda, Vivan and Amelia, adding another piece to his family puzzle.:unsure:
However, Bianca tells MC she and Jill met because their fathers brought their two families together, not their mothers: this suggests that Miranda and Amelia probably didn't know each other. If the mothers had already met, Jill and Bianca would have met before and not as a result of their fathers' intervention.
It is therefore safe to assume that Lynette did not know Amelia either, and what connects them is instead the house, presumably sold by Lynette's father to Jill's grandfather.
In fact, the photo that shows Lynette, Miranda and Vivian with the house on the edge (the same house that appears in Jill's photo) was most likely taken before Lynette moved into the hotel that is being renovated.
And in her journal Lynette wrote that she begged her father not to sell their house because she didn't want it sold.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
You are missing the point again , i am having fun with the game for what it is BUT that DOESN'T exclude it from criticism for it flaws

The most odd part is how some players take it as some sort of a personal attack just because of differing opinions which is actually quite sad at the end of the day
I call these shortcomings artistic freedom. That's what makes Being a DIK so charming.:sneaky:

TajaRrR

Jun 16, 2018
I think there is a good reason why Tremolo would want to be friend of Sage: he can met the other HOTs thanks to his friendship with Sage. But that should be explained with a line of dialogue or some kind of interior monologue of Tremolo. It´s plausible that Tremolo wants to be Sage´s friend, but it´s not well explained.
Man.. Your posts are always entertaining to read.
But I must disagree with this one, I mean you don't really need her friendship for that, you can get HOTs yourself when you are with DIK's.
So being friends with her is pretty much useless, but still it's better to be friends with Sage, than with M&J duo, because who cares about them? :BootyTime:

Reactions: wakkawalla

ciberma7865

Jan 13, 2020
I don't think that's completely true, case in point Madame is there because some Patreon freaks like that kind of lewd.

I wish he didn't listen to them lol
Madame is outside the story. You see her one time in the club (if you choose to work there and have the vip) outside of that she doesn't exist

Reactions: wakkawalla

bigdick289

Jan 25, 2019
Hey guys! Quick question for you!

I'm currently playing v0.7.2.

For the newest version, do I need to completely redownload the game (I heard he changed stuff with how saves behave) or can I just download the v0.8.2 update patch?

Thanks in advance and sorry if the question was already answered! :)

RukiRG

Sep 22, 2018
I think Sage was blackmailing Chad. And why? :unsure:

EP1:
Sage finds a red note in Chad's gym bag. She meets the MC who confronts Chad on his first day, who is probably the strongest guy on campus. He even confronts him twice in one day, which Sage witnesses.

Sage and Chad have a heated argument. But Chad can't lose Sage's favor, because Sage probably talked her adoptive father into making Chad president of the Jocks. That way he could protect Troy from the other Jocks, whether Troy was a Jock or not. Troy needed Chad's help in the gym, too. But because of the fight Chad had to calm Sage down again and to distract him he gives Troy a black eye. He takes the guitar away from the MC and gives it to Sage because he knows she always wanted to play guitar. The MC gets it back and learns that Chad stole the guitar. A stolen guitar is not a great gift and Sage gets angry. She asks the MC to find out who Chad is cheating on her with.

EP2:
Sage asks the MC to go to the gym. She lays in wait with binoculars and watches everything. This is also how she sees the MC defending himself against Dawe. Her plan matures. The MC agrees to give her an hour of martial arts training. Nice of him. But Sage wants to get revenge on Chad by losing his presidential title that Sage organized for him. Sage must have some embarrassing dick pics of Chad or other pictures that she can blackmail him with. Sage also easily got the pictures for Dawe. They talk to Quinn, who still had a good relationship with the DIK's at the time, and Arieth, who is after everyone's dick anyway. So the pictures are not the problem yet. But Chad is, and that's what Sage is afraid of. Chad is already violent towards Sage in EP1 and he seems to have no problem raising his hand against girls. Riona writes in a letter that she was beaten, and Chad apologizes. But now Sage has the MC on her side. Is Sage perhaps trying to take advantage of the MC's abilities?

EP3:
Chad gets the pictures and freaks out. The MC fights back and a day later Chad is no longer president of the Alphas.

EP7:
Sage, in the meantime, has become a good friend of the MC. Maybe more, that's up to you. The situation with Chad has calmed down. But there is still a danger that Chad will find out who blackmailed him. So there's a second training session for Sage. She doesn't want the MC to fight her battles anymore.

EP8:
Sage is worried about how to act towards her parents about Maya. She has stood up for someone (Chad) before and was disappointed. It's understandable that she's worried about that. Also, the MC might learn that Sage stood up for Chad and conclude that Sage is behind blackmailing Chad. I think Sage is very scared because the MC sees an ugly side of Sage.

It could be that way, but it doesn't have to be.:D(y)
Hmmm... Yes, but... Something doesn't make sense. In EP3 we can see that pictures with Arieth having sex with dik. We also saw there was two envelopes, one for Chad and one for Dawe. In my opinion Chad had some pics with him and Troy. But due the lack of evidence what Chad received, he may had some screenshots from the video which MC sent to Sage after gym scene... However, I don't think that envelope of Chad had only one or two screenshots and Dawe had a lot of pictures...

RukiRG

Sep 22, 2018

For the newest version, do I need to completely redownload the game (I heard he changed stuff with how saves behave) or can I just download the v0.8.2 update patch?
V080 and then 082...for me it worked to overwrite files from previous version with the new ones (copy-paste 080 files into 072 folder and after that apply the 082 update files) . Also don't forget to update the Walkthrough mod if you used it previously

However I strongly recommend to have an backup for stable version (072)before doing something. You know... Just in case

bigdick289

Jan 25, 2019
V080 and then 082...for me it worked to overwrite files from previous version with the new ones (copy-paste 080 files into 072 folder and after that apply the 082 update files) . Also don't forget to update the Walkthrough mod if you used it previously

However I strongly recommend to have an backup for stable version (072)before doing something. You know... Just in case
Thanks for the quick reply!

I'll try to find a v0.8.0 somewhere in thread then!

Also, big RIP to NOPY. :cry:

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
We all know that the friendship of Tremolo with the girls that he rejects as romantic interest is a narrative resource to maintain them into the main plot of the game. But it´s a narrative resource that not always works. Let´s see:

- Jill: let´s imagine that Tremolo doesn´t want a romantic relationship with her. Let´s say that her smile scares the shit out of him or whatever. Jill helps Tremolo when Chad assaults him. That´s reason enough to maintain a friendship with her. She´s clearly a nice girl and Tremolo is grateful. Also, she covers Tremolo´s back with Tybald after Tremolo´s shenanigans at the prep´s party. Makes sense that, even if he´s not in Jill´s route, he learns to play the song for her, helps her in the concert and in general try to be a good friend for her.

- Bella: again, let´s imagine that Tremolo only want to be a friend of Bella´s. Makes sense since she´s old, married and a teacher. Bella helps him when he´s naked in the parking lot, reason enough to be grateful. Also she´s really understanding when he goes drunk to the date dinner, and also is a teacher. It´s always good to have a good relationship with a teacher if you are a student. Again, makes sense that Tremolo cultivates and maintains that friendship.

- Sage: I can´t possibly imagine a reason why Tremolo wouldn´t want a sexual and romantic relationship with that bombshell, but whatever. Let´s imagine that. Sage tries to manipulate Tremolo at the beginning of the game to spy Chad, and Tremolo ends up being a target of Chad and the Alphas. Its not a good beginning for a friendship. Actually, I don´t like that presentation of the character of Sage at all. But we can´t change it, so... Then Sage keeps asking for favors: teach me how to play guitar, teach me self defense... It makes sense if Tremolo is looking for something, but spending so much time with a girl that is mostly asking for things and that is a potential source of troubles with a half-man half-gorilla like Chad, only by "friendship"... I don´t thin so.

I think there is a good reason why Tremolo would want to be friend of Sage: he can met the other HOTs thanks to his friendship with Sage. But that should be explained with a line of dialogue or some kind of interior monologue of Tremolo. It´s plausible that Tremolo wants to be Sage´s friend, but it´s not well explained.

- Quinn: Again, let´s think that Tremolo only wants to be a friend of Quinn and nothing more. A DIK Tremolo would like that kind of "bad" girl and he would enjoy the banter with her. Again, it´s difficult to see Tremolo looking only for friendship with a girl like Quinn. It always makes more sense if he looks for sex with a girl like her. She doesn´t seem to be the kind of girl that has real friends, she seems to be always looking for something or having a hidden agenda with all the people she met. But again, she´s the vice-president of the HOTs, and a good relationship with her could lead to a good relationship with the other HOTs, so it could make sense, if it were better explained.

- Maya & Josy: Tremolo is forced to fall for them, or at least have a big crush for the both of them. And then he discovers that they are actually lesbians, into a relationship, and have been manipulating him. Also, they are a big source of drama and problems. There is no way in hell that a boy with two testes and half of a brain would want to be a friend of them. The only possibility to maintaining a relationship with them would be Tremolo wanting to be bigamous, or wanting to steal Josy from Maya, or Maya from Josy. Maya is Derek´s sister, and Derek is Tremolo´s friend. Well, makes sense that Tremolo would maintain a correct relationship with her to not make Derek uncomfortable, but never a real friendship. But actually, Tremolo spends even more time with them that with the Li that he wants as a couple. It doesn´t make sense at all. That´s why I think that M&J characters have been hammered into the plot and the game would be better without them. IMO, DPC should have reserved them for a dedicated game. A linear VN in which the player only has they as LIs, or something. I would not play it, but I suppose it would have its public. But DPC has created the backbone of the plot around two characters that shouldn´t have any special relationship with the MC, unless the player is clearly following their route. Thats a great mistake, IMO. M&J don´t belong to BaDIK.
Sage has done something else good for Tremolo. She introduced him to the realities of campus. Explained to him how fraternities work.

You have the wrong thought process with Maya and Josy. They are not lesbians. Tremolo falls in love with both of them. And through the friendship and the Maya-Patrick problem, Tremolo gets a chance to get to know the Burkes privately in EP8. That would be completely pointless without the friendship with Maya. Who knows where that will lead Tremolo.

Reactions: dav3knight

thorin0815

Apr 16, 2020
Not true, in my experience it is completely possible if she is ugly
Occasionally it works, even when they're not ugly. My ex is one of my best friends. After we broke up and all the stress of the relationship was behind us, the friendship worked wonderfully and has been for almost 20 years. Or maybe it just worked because we were way past the phase of sexual attraction. :unsure:

wakkawalla

Mar 7, 2021

there's an unofficial upgrade patch from 7.2 to 8.X but i don't have a link for it.

Tremolo gets a chance to get to know the Burkes privately
my fuckface got to know mrs. burke privately just fine.

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021

Look for Meushi or if you don't mind compressed it is in my signature for the grab
https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-v0-8-2-dr-pinkcake.25332/page-7911#post-6985459

Reactions: Meushi

Afapp

Aug 4, 2021
A question about saved game files. before the release of ep8 there were 2 locations for saved games one in the game folder itself lets call that regular saves and the second was in the username/appdata/roaming/renpy folder let's call that persistent saves. After playing Ep8 you get to save games for season 3 lets call this season 3 saves. Where are the season 3 saves? I would like to back that up in case I have a drive failure etc prior to 2054 when season 3 is released. Also do we know what happens to season 1&2 after season 3 is released?

• Haha
Reactions: Razrback16

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
So, after replay since episode 1, i will finally play episode 8 today. My main playthrough is more than ready for my MC settle down with my loves Maya and Josy without any drama with others LIs. I can't wait to choose they during breakfast guys, i'm so happy :love:

Reactions: AchedCroissant

wakkawalla

Mar 7, 2021
A question about saved game files. before the release of ep8 there were 2 locations for saved games one in the game folder itself lets call that regular saves and the second was in the username/appdata/roaming/renpy folder let's call that persistent saves. After playing Ep8 you get to save games for season 3 lets call this season 3 saves. Where are the season 3 saves? I would like to back that up in case I have a drive failure etc prior to 2054 when season 3 is released. Also do we know what happens to season 1&2 after season 3 is released?
looks to be username/appdata/roaming/renpy/persistent (not ../renpy/BeingaDIK/persistent). at least mine is located there in the linux equivalent. file is called BeingADIKSeason2Transfer and some numbers afterward. season 1+2 will remain a separate game, essentially.

Reactions: sixart
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes