• We will be performing maintenance to upgrade some of our forum tools. During this time, the site will remain online, but you may encounter some errors until the maintenance is complete. The report and search functions will be unavailable until the maintenance is complete.

Maintenance is expected to last up to 9 hours.

The maintenance window will start on Thursday, 2024/07/04, at: 1:00 PM GMT / 3:00 PM CEST / 9:00 AM EDT / 6:00 AM PDT / 12:00 AM AEDT

Thank you for your patience.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
about the non-lewd animations, in general i don't mind some of them are very beautiful and exciting (a girl approaching, or turning to look at you), so since in the interlude it seems there won't be sex (and how could it be otherwise if MC won't be present...) that there is some animation is ok

as long as they aren't terrible like the slides at the water park... stuff that would have been bad in the 90's...
I don't mind one or two mixedd in here and there, but AVNs are not meant to be cinema experiences or mainstream AAA games with constant motion on screen. The formula that works is: animate lewd scenes, the occasional non-lewd, and keep the rest as static images. Also, since MC apparently won't be present here (wow, really?) and no sex, then the SFW animations won't have much sensuality context attached. Watching someone drive a car or eat breakfast in an AVN is meh and hardly worthy of the time spent to animate it. I just think DPC wants to continue working on his skills; otherwise, this sexless interlude could easily be done with no animations.

What worries me is DPC's excitement level for an overabundance of SFW animations and what that may entail for ep. 9 and future episodes. We already have plenty of filler and bloat, but add too many non-lewd animations and it can grow out of control. This game is at the point where I can't play it without significant lag (and admittedly this is a me problem not an everyone problem), but I suspect more players will experience my issue as this game expands exponentially. At least DPC realises this and is trying to work on the mechanics for season 3.

Reactions: Catlyn and ename144

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
RESIST ... i Say Un To... err Two?

View attachment 1574381
Nope :p
Becky mentions it to Maya and Maya tells the MC. She mentions that it sounds like a HOT code. (y)
There are 3 Rich Sons at the Dorm Party, which probably doesn't happen that often at a Dorm Party, does it? :unsure:
That is how to spread a gossip 101... :sneaky:
It's weird. I repeat BaDIK and the theories sprout again.

Neil says at the beginning that Lynette came back after 3.5 maybe 7 days.

In EP4 we have 3 routes. Are these maybe time jumps?:unsure:

Derek= 3 days
Sage= 5 days
Bella= 7 days

Mmmmmhhh?:unsure:
I don't follow this... o_O:WaitWhat:
All Hail Derek ... The Power Of Doofus Compels You!!!
Now that's more like it ! :ROFLMAO:
He´s not going to make enemies here saying that he doesn´t like Quinn but respect the people who likes her. But if he would dare to say that he doesn´t like Maya, someone would be reporting his post like crazy... :sneaky:
Strange... this reminds me of someone... :LOL:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Becky mentions it to Maya and Maya tells the MC. She mentions that it sounds like a HOT code. (y)
but it makes no sense

Becky isn't a HOTs and she didn't even try to become one, so she heard the same rumours that Maya did, what does it add that Becky heard it too? nothing, we already know that Maya isn't lying, and we know that almost everyone is aware that there's this rumour going around

That it's a hot code is Maya's deduction but without foundation.
I don't mind one or two mixedd in here and there, but AVNs are not meant to be cinema experiences or mainstream AAA games with constant motion on screen. The formula that works is: animate lewd scenes, the occasional non-lewd, and keep the rest as static images. Also, since MC apparently won't be present here (wow, really?) and no sex, then the SFW animations won't have much sensuality context attached. Watching someone drive a car or eat breakfast in an AVN is meh and hardly worthy of the time spent to animate it. I just think DPC wants to continue working on his skills; otherwise, this sexless interlude could easily be done with no animations.

What worries me is DPC's excitement level for an overabundance of SFW animations and what that may entail for ep. 9 and future episodes. We already have plenty of filler and bloat, but add too many non-lewd animations and it can grow out of control. This game is at the point where I can't play it without significant lag (and admittedly this is a me problem not an everyone problem), but I suspect more players will experience my issue as this game expands exponentially. At least DPC realises this and is trying to work on the mechanics for season 3.
but the medium continues to evolve

nowadays a VN without animation seems obsolete, probably DPC thinks that the more animations the better. it's ok, it doesn't seem to me absolutely nonsense, probably on Renpy more you can't do to modernize everything, the only way is to increase the "cinematographic" experience

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
but it makes no sense

Becky isn't a HOTs and she didn't even try to become one, so she heard the same rumours that Maya did, what does it add that Becky heard it too? nothing, we already know that Maya isn't lying, and we know that almost everyone is aware that there's this rumour going around

nowadays a VN without animation seems obsolete, probably DPC thinks that the more animations the better. it's ok, it doesn't seem to me absolutely nonsense, probably on Renpy more you can't do to modernize everything, the only way is to increase the "cinematographic" experience
I agree with you that it is Maya's conclusion.

But there is a hint in the game that Becky also tried to get into the HOT's once. It's a weak clue. Besides, Becky has been at B&R longer and might know more about it than Maya.

It was also just a thought of mine. As I like to write, it may or may not be true.

Reactions: Ahx and Warscared

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
DPC in the last episode made 1000 renders in a month, it takes him more time to do mini games, free roams and especially animations, but since this interlude will not have sex, I don't think there are many animations since in normal chapters the animations most are of sex

Let's just cross our fingers and the interlude comes out at the end of the month or the beginning of February
For Episode 8 DPC made 4158 static renders in nearly 7 months, so ~600 renders per month (or ~140 statics/week).

Sadly, DPC's last update also mentioned how he's working on adding longer SFW animations to the Interlude, so it's entirely possible the Interlude will be massive and time consuming. Doesn't mean it automatically will be, just that we can't rule out the option. We really can't say much of anything for sure, and DPC refuses to give us a baseline beyond ~40-60 minutes of gameplay.

I think February is a reasonable guess given all the uncertainty, but it's wildly speculative.

free tuition exists, it's just that it's not free at all, it's a benefit for those who work in catering... Mona got it, so it's real. It's not a mystery.

but I don't really understand what is the relevance that Becky heard about it.
I think the relevance is that it could eventually lead to Maya learning about the restaurant (with much ensuing drama)a, but if so I expect it will take most of Season 3 to get there.

I agree with you that it is Maya's conclusion.

But there is a hint in the game that Becky also tried to get into the HOT's once. It's a weak clue. Besides, Becky has been at B&R longer and might know more about it than Maya.
More importantly, Becky is friends with Sarah, who DOES know all about the free tuition.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020

AVNs yes, but there is only so much Ren'py can do. If DPC wants more mini games, more phone apps, more filler, then I think he will have to transition to another platform. I shudder to say this because I hate it for AVNs, but...Unity. Ren'py was specifically designed for the traditional visual novels, not for AAA type games and that is the direction DPC is moving toward.

hakuna-matata

May 30, 2020
I have been playing again the scene of the last chapter when the MC tells Sage about Chad being gay, and Tremolo´s attitude pisses me off. It doesn´t make any sense.

Tremolo is saying his gorgeous lover and/or friend that the fucking guy that ambushed him to attack him in the middle of the nigh, and the fucking guy that was such an asshole with him when they were room mates, that made him leave his room, are a gay couple... and his concern is the reaction of Sage!!! He doesn´t mind about Sage´s welfare after knowing that her long-time boyfriend actually is a gay that used her as an alibi. He only cares about Chad and Troy´s secret... It doesn´t make any sense at all!!!

What the hell was DPC thinking about when he wrote that scene? Fucking Chad and fucking Troy should be the last of Tremolo´s concerns. This dialogue is plain stupid:

"- Sage: What the fuck are you worried about?
- Tremolo: Like I said before, I´m worried about your reaction. It´s a huge thing I´m about to tell you. If you don´t react well to it, I´m gonna feel like shit for more than a reason."

Seriously, why the fuck would Tremolo care about Chad and Troy way more then about Sage´s welfare? Sage should have punched fucking Tremolo in his face, and not because anger management issues.

"- Sage: You care about those two and their fucking secret more than you care about me???? Your concern is not that I´m going to feel like shit, but that maybe I´m going to get angry and confront fucking Chad in front of his subhuman mates about being gay and using me for more than a year as an alibi in order of not being suspect of liking men instead of women? Go fuck yourself, Tremolo."

Again, I don´t know what was DPC thinking about when he wrote that scene. A character is gay an into the closed, and suddenly that becomes the most important thing for everybody? :FacePalm::FacePalm::FacePalm:
I honestly think it was done pretty badly, especially the scene where she "confronts" Chad. After he lies to you and uses you for years, the best you can say is "I believe you"!?! I don't give shit when people say "It's not up to you to out them". What Chad did is absolutely disgusting and despicable. You can't just use and lie to people like that.

#FuckChad

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
For Episode 8 DPC made 4158 static renders in nearly 7 months, so ~600 renders per month (or ~140 statics/week).

Sadly, DPC's last update also mentioned how he's working on adding longer SFW animations to the Interlude, so it's entirely possible the Interlude will be massive and time consuming. Doesn't mean it automatically will be, just that we can't rule out the option. We really can't say much of anything for sure, and DPC refuses to give us a baseline beyond ~40-60 minutes of gameplay.

I think February is a reasonable guess given all the uncertainty, but it's wildly speculative.
it was 2 months actually I made a mistake
Seeing the numbers DPC can now pull in 2 months (1000 renders and 115 animations), I wish he could dedicate a small amount of time to remaster the Episode 1 over a season, which was only about 1300 renders and 50 animations.

The feedback I had when I make people find out about that game was how horrible the renders of the MC home looks.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
but it makes no sense

'nowadays a VN without animation seems obsolete'

I really don't think that's a given standard. I like several games with hardly any animation at all even in the sex scenes. In fact if a dev can't produce high quality animations I would prefer that they don't include them at all.

Reactions: Laehtsia

Garen

May 6, 2017
I have been playing again the scene of the last chapter when the MC tells Sage about Chad being gay, and Tremolo´s attitude pisses me off. It doesn´t make any sense.

Tremolo is saying his gorgeous lover and/or friend that the fucking guy that ambushed him to attack him in the middle of the nigh, and the fucking guy that was such an asshole with him when they were room mates, that made him leave his room, are a gay couple... and his concern is the reaction of Sage!!! He doesn´t mind about Sage´s welfare after knowing that her long-time boyfriend actually is a gay that used her as an alibi. He only cares about Chad and Troy´s secret... It doesn´t make any sense at all!!!

What the hell was DPC thinking about when he wrote that scene? Fucking Chad and fucking Troy should be the last of Tremolo´s concerns. This dialogue is plain stupid:

"- Sage: What the fuck are you worried about?
- Tremolo: Like I said before, I´m worried about your reaction. It´s a huge thing I´m about to tell you. If you don´t react well to it, I´m gonna feel like shit for more than a reason."

Seriously, why the fuck would Tremolo care about Chad and Troy way more then about Sage´s welfare? Sage should have punched fucking Tremolo in his face, and not because anger management issues.

"- Sage: You care about those two and their fucking secret more than you care about me???? Your concern is not that I´m going to feel like shit, but that maybe I´m going to get angry and confront fucking Chad in front of his subhuman mates about being gay and using me for more than a year as an alibi in order of not being suspect of liking men instead of women? Go fuck yourself, Tremolo."

Again, I don´t know what was DPC thinking about when he wrote that scene. A character is gay an into the closed, and suddenly that becomes the most important thing for everybody? :FacePalm::FacePalm::FacePalm:
I completely understood what DPC was thinking with that scene. In fact the way Tremolo went about it was exactly how I wished he would ever since we found out last update.

Reactions: ksuha and EthanP.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
'nowadays a VN without animation seems obsolete'

I really don't think that's a given standard. I like several games with hardly any animation at all even in the sex scenes. In fact if a dev can't produce high quality animations I would prefer that they don't include them at all.
I agree 100%, I'd much rather faster updates with good static renders than wasting time on bad animations.

But by the same token, I'm usually not a statistically relevant demographic, either. It's possible major AVNs aren't viable without animations these days.

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
And I know that you or others and right now reporting this comment. And that only proves me right.
Paranoid much ? :p Does not matter really... if this post gets deleted for ANY reason it was definitely someone others fault... right ?! :KEK:

• Haha
Reactions: Catlyn

Garen

May 6, 2017
I understand too. It´s called mainstream thinking and political correctness. Mindset of bigots and religious-zealots changes along the times and adopts different forms. But I´m talking about characters having a coherent and logical mindset, not the politically corrected one.
I don't care much for political correctness. What I saw was a very balanced response from Tremolo. He was already for Sage just forgetting about the entire issue and moving on with her life. It was never about revenge or getting even for him.

Also I interpret his words as being caring towards Sage, not Chad/Troy. He preps her before hitting her with the news because it can never be pleasant for a girl to find out her boyfriend was gay and their relationship was always a facade. Additionally unlike 'cheating with a girl' which Sage can expose without issue and care, exposing Chad's sexuality will end up making Sage hate herself later because at heart she is a very kind girl. Tremolo understands that.

If instead of all ^that, Tremolo had asked her to forgive him or something simplistic like that, I would've agreed with you.

4.80 star(s) 1,531 Votes