• We will be performing maintenance to upgrade some of our forum tools. During this time, the site will remain online, but you may encounter some errors until the maintenance is complete. The report and search functions will be unavailable until the maintenance is complete.

Maintenance is expected to last up to 4 hours.

The maintenance window will start on Thursday, 2024/07/04, at: 1:00 PM GMT / 3:00 PM CEST / 9:00 AM EDT / 6:00 AM PDT / 12:00 AM AEDT

Thank you for your patience.

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
If DPC wants more mini games, more phone apps, more filler, then I think he will have to transition to another platform. I shudder to say this because I hate it for AVNs, but...Unity
Would also solve his problem with mods because modding Unity is harder than running the game through UnRen and editing the files

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Kellermann

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
I agree 100%, I'd much rather faster updates with good static renders than wasting time on bad animations.

But by the same token, I'm usually not a statistically relevant demographic, either. It's possible major AVNs aren't viable without animations these days.
It would be really interesting to see some polling on the subject. I hope that animations aren't just a conceit that some dev's have adopted.

Seriously 9/10ths of the AVN animation I've seen just isn't worth it. And some games that I've seen do way more erotic work with just stills and dialogue.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
You clearly haven´t read the dialogues. Tremolo doesn´t say to Sage "I´m worried about you". He says to her "I´m worried about your reaction" and "I´m worried about feeling myself like shit". Again:
"- Sage: What the fuck are you worried about?
- Tremolo: Like I said before, I´m worried about your reaction. It´s a huge thing I´m about to tell you. If you don´t react well to it, I´m gonna feel like shit for more than a reason."
"-- Tremolo: It´s clearly a secret they don´t plan to reveal. And that´s why I wasn´t sure if I should tell you or not".

I´m talking about the things that are written in the dialogues, not about interpretations. Why the fuck Tremolo would feel like shit about Chad and Troy´s secret? They are the guys that have harassed him for weeks and, worst of it, they have hurt Sage for months or even years. I don´t even think that Sage should feel bad for exposing Chad´s sexuality. He has been making her miserable, again, for months or even years. Why suddenly Chad and Troy´s secret is so important for the people that they have been harming with that secret and their behavior? My answer is: political correctness.
Tremolo will feel shitty for two reasons if Sage reacts badly to this.:unsure:

He hurts Sage by telling her that Chad is gay and not even BI. Sage might snap again and go off on Chad or Troy. The MC has been training her. Tremolo would then have some sort of complicity in both of them.:unsure:

Reactions: RukiRG and MrD812

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
'nowadays a VN without animation seems obsolete'

I really don't think that's a given standard. I like several games with hardly any animation at all even in the sex scenes. In fact if a dev can't produce high quality animations I would prefer that they don't include them at all.
mine was clearly a generalisation, but I was simply talking about the modernity of a product; its quality is a completely independent matter

Good animations, very fluid, even in an ugly game, make me think of a modern, "futuristic" product.

AVNs yes, but there is only so much Ren'py can do. If DPC wants more mini games, more phone apps, more filler, then I think he will have to transition to another platform. I shudder to say this because I hate it for AVNs, but...Unity. Ren'py was specifically designed for the traditional visual novels, not for AAA type games and that is the direction DPC is moving toward.
about minigames, you're preaching to the choir, but even there the will of DPC is clear, it has replaced very amateur games, with more advanced ones

about fillers it's hard to answer, it depends on how you look at it but in reality a lot of AVN is simply filler, which you may or may not like.

I think the relevance is that it could eventually lead to Maya learning about the restaurant (with much ensuing drama)a, but if so I expect it will take most of Season 3 to get there.

More importantly, Becky is friends with Sarah, who DOES know all about the free tuition.
Please don't fall into the amnesia trap...

Maya doesn't need Becky or Sarah: MC knows everything!!!!! they just need to talk to each other.

p.s. Becky doesn't seem particularly bright to me, I don't think Sarah confides in her

Garen

May 6, 2017
Why the fuck Tremolo would feel like shit about Chad and Troy´s secret?

I don´t even think that Sage should feel bad for exposing Chad´s sexuality.
We fundamentally disagree on these two points. Exposing a personal detail about someone, especially something that vulnerable just doesn't sit right with me.

That said I don't like how Sage dealt with Chad after. I think she should've totally told him she knew about him being gay and as such, demanded a public apology from him as part of their breakup (sans revealing the real reason).

In addition, another point we disagree on is Chad himself. Despite everything that's happened in 8 episodes, I don't hate Chad. I just think he's a dick that Sage needs to remove from her life pronto.

Reactions: mightybored

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
You clearly haven´t read the dialogues. Tremolo doesn´t say to Sage "I´m worried about you". He says to her "I´m worried about your reaction" and "I´m worried about feeling myself like shit". Again:
"- Sage: What the fuck are you worried about?
- Tremolo: Like I said before, I´m worried about your reaction. It´s a huge thing I´m about to tell you. If you don´t react well to it, I´m gonna feel like shit for more than a reason."
"-- Tremolo: It´s clearly a secret they don´t plan to reveal. And that´s why I wasn´t sure if I should tell you or not".

I´m talking about the things that are written in the dialogues, not about interpretations. Why the fuck Tremolo would feel like shit about Chad and Troy´s secret? They are the guys that have harassed him for weeks and, worst of it, they have hurt Sage for months or even years. I don´t even think that Sage should feel bad for exposing Chad´s sexuality. He has been making her miserable, again, for months or even years. Why suddenly Chad and Troy´s secret is so important for the people that they have been harming with that secret and their behavior? My answer is: political correctness.
It seems to have escaped your notice, but Sage clearly cares about Chad for whatever reason. If Sage did out Chad in a moment of rage - especially accidentally - it's very likely she'd feel really bad about that later on once she cooled off. It doesn't matter that she logically shouldn't, or that you disagree with her feelings, it's just how human beings work. That's why the MC is worried about Sage's reaction, IMHO, even if he cares far more about Sage than Chad.

mine was clearly a generalisation, but I was simply talking about the modernity of a product; its quality is a completely independent matter

Good animations, very fluid, even in an ugly game, make me think of a modern, "futuristic" product.

about minigames, you're preaching to the choir, but even there the will of DPC is clear, it has replaced very amateur games, with more advanced ones

about fillers it's hard to answer, it depends on how you look at it but in reality a lot of AVN is simply filler, which you may or may not like.

Please don't fall into the amnesia trap...

Maya doesn't need Becky or Sarah: MC knows everything!!!!! they just need to talk to each other.

p.s. Becky doesn't seem particularly bright to me, I don't think Sarah confides in her
The MC only knows everything if he signed up for the restaurant, and even then it's not clear he knows the full scale of the deal.

If he refused, he seems to know Camila is charging for sex at Quinn's order, but he doesn't know she's getting her entire tuition paid. Becky might know those crucial details, though I'd be surprised if she knows about Burke.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
We fundamentally disagree on these two points. Exposing a personal detail about someone, especially something that vulnerable just doesn't sit right with me.

That said I don't like how Sage dealt with Chad after. I think she should've totally told him she knew about him being gay and as such, demanded a public apology from him as part of their breakup (sans revealing the real reason).

In addition, another point we disagree on is Chad himself. Despite everything that's happened in 8 episodes, I don't hate Chad. I just think he's a dick that Sage needs to remove from her life pronto.
Curious how in the same chapter there are two instances of people revealing the sexuality of a third person, there's MC being able to reveal to Sage about Chad, and there's Maya telling Josy about how she told Sage about their relationship (Josy doesn't really react very well).

in both cases there is "a greater good" that allows this violence to be justified (at least for me it's a violence)

The MC only knows everything if he signed up for the restaurant, and even then it's not clear he knows the full scale of the deal.

If he refused, he seems to know Camila is charging for sex at Quinn's order, but he doesn't know she's getting her entire tuition paid. Becky might know those crucial details, though I'd be surprised if she knows about Burke.
even if he's not a client, he knows that Quinn offers this service, I'd say he knows a lot more than Becky (who, as dalli_x reminds us, is stupid even in Derek's eyes) should know from Sarah, who, unlike Becky, seems a lot smarter than any Mona.

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
he knows that Quinn offers this service
Quinn offered him the service but Quinn never told him what it was about, the MC at this point does not know anything if you do not believe me trie to see it for you, this point I think I will make it clear in a past post
No really the MC don't know anything

When you give Camila a drink on EP 7

She invites you to her room
View attachment 1558996 View attachment 1558997 View attachment 1558998
Then she tells you this View attachment 1558999
The MC replied that why would he tell her? (Quinn)

And she just answered like this View attachment 1559001
Then Riona enters the room and of course if you want to have a threesome with her Riona talks to Camila in a low voice and says this to Camila View attachment 1559003 View attachment 1559004 View attachment 1559005 View attachment 1559007 View attachment 1559008
With Riona the dialogue does not change, it is the same only that neither of them charge the MC for fucking, they both do it for "free" they only want to fuck with him
View attachment 1559009
Melanie and Sarah if it is necessary to accept Quinn's offer but with Riona and Camila it is not

I feel like the two of them are the most likely to leave Quinn.
Because if the MC knew he wouldn't have asked Camila "why was he going to tell Quinn?"

He would simply tell her "I won't say anything to Quinn"

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Quinn offered him the service but Quinn never told him what it was about, the MC at this point does not know anything if you do not believe me trie to see it for you, this point I think I will make it clear in a past post

Because if the MC knew he wouldn't have asked Camila "why was he going to tell Quinn?"

He would simply tell her "I won't say anything to Quinn"
and what would MC think Quinn would offer him? real food?

Quinn is very clear when she offers him the phone number, MC may not know who is working there, but not what it is.

but he forgets about it afterwards, like most people in BADIK forget about Quinn (Maya and Tommy apart)

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
and what would MC think Quinn would offer him? real food?

Quinn is very clear when she offers him the phone number, MC may not know who is working there, but not what it is.

but he forgets about it afterwards, like most people in BADIK forget about Quinn (Maya and Tommy apart)
It's the MC not Sherlock Holmes :ROFLMAO:

• Sad
Reactions: felicemastronzo

hakuna-matata

May 30, 2020
It´s supposed that people should feel some kind of sympathy for Chad because he´s gay? It´s like writing a game about Red Ridding Hood and thinking that people is going to feel sympathy for the wolf that eats the granny because animalism is trendy...

Even giving the option of not saying Sage about Chad is stupid. Who would not tell her? Really, who cares about Chad and Troy´s secret?

Fucking Chad has been making Sage´s life miserable for months or even years. Who fucking care about his secret?!
I find it hard to sympathize with a user, liar and someone who does a cuntish thing by attacking someone from behind.

Last edited:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Good point about the Maya Sage conversation. (y):rolleyes:

I had the feeling during Sage and Chad's conversation in EP8 that Sage was intentionally withholding her knowledge of Chad and Troy. :unsure:

Of course. Through Maya, she learns that Josy and Maya are in a relationship. Maya's father Patrick found out, which is how Maya's problem came about. (y)

Wow. She has her emotions under control and keeps Chad and Troy's secret to herself. Hopefully it won't fall on the MC's feet that he told Josy about it.:unsure::D
it's fan fiction, but we could also think that Sage just because she has just known a situation similar to Chad and Troy's is more well disposed not to divulge the news, that out of anger she could have done

It is also interesting how Josy is consistent in her position: she advises MC not to get involved in the Chad issue and she is not happy that Maya has revealed her secret (she talks to MC about how they wanted to hide it when he confesses his discovery about Chad).

Reactions: dalli_x

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
That´s not how human beings work. That´s the problem.

So Sage has been fighting with Chad in public for months, talking shit (with reason) about him with a stranger (Tremolo) at the first opportunity and calling him "my asshole boyfriend" (or something like that, spying on him with binoculars, manipulating others to spy on him, cheating on him with Tremolo, even in public (DIK´s party)... but she actually cares about him. It doesn´t has any sense. It´s the problem with Sage´s character: she has a personality the first chapters, and another different one since chapter 7.

Look Tremolo doesn´t say to him "I´s worried about you and that´s why I say to you that the sensible thing is to forget and forgive". She says to her that he´s worried that she will expose Chad´s secret and he will feel like shit for that. He puts Chad and Troy, two guys that he should despise, over Sage, his lover and /or friend. It doesn´t makes sense at all. And you can look for justifications and interpretations. But truth is, nothing of that is in the script.
You'll note that Sage, despite her complaints, at no point dumps Chad herself. She flatly refuses to consider it if the MC proposes anything like that, and will literally erupt into violence when Chad does finally break up with her. Even after she cools down a bit, Sage remains obsessed with finding out who the other girl was.

Sage's feelings for Chad are more complex than you are acknowledging. That's not an interpretation, that's literally the script of the game. You can disagree with her continuing to care about Chad as much as you want, but she clearly does.

Aug 26, 2019
You'll note that Sage, despite her complaints, at no point dumps Chad herself. She flatly refuses to consider it if the MC proposes anything like that, and will literally erupt into violence when Chad does finally break up with her. Even after she cools down a bit, Sage remains obsessed with finding out who the other girl was.

Sage's feelings for Chad are more complex than you are acknowledging. That's not an interpretation, that's literally the script of the game. You can disagree with her continuing to care about Chad as much as you want, but she clearly does.
That might just be the reason she didn't confront Chad about troy and will be interesting to see how it will effect sage route in the coming episodes

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020

Are you doing a playthru where you are pursuing Sage as a LI? If so then I think your loyalty should be with the person that you say you love, and not just some guy you know. Chad used Sage, played with her feelings to obtain a benefit for himself. Being gay doesn't absolve him for that.

4.80 star(s) 1,530 Votes