shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
I don't see why the MC's actions would effect Maya at all vis a vis the Burke's. Sage didn't approach Maya to help her because she was a friend of MC, she approached her because she was a HOT.
Given that the mc doesn't even look to be going into the meeting, he may end up being completely unimportant to the deal, but if he goes into the meeting at some point, his relationship with Jade (and Burke's potential knowledge of it) could potentially hijack the meetings.
i made a scenes tierlist for the game, these are my opinion
Fuck, that looks too hard to rate all the scenes! I don't even know my favourite one!

Klopdwerg

Sep 7, 2021
If we are judging by the flashback, then we safely assume that Bella's tragedy and the locked door really have something to do with James or something that happened to him (including that library monologue). While he did something in the past which Bella already forgave him for or he might have died before she forgave him, which lead to Bella's mental breakdown and it is something that she feels incredibly guilty about. The problem though, is that we are at the halfway point of the story and we really don't know that much about her past. So we are forced to pick at the little details and have to connect the dots.
I do think that locked door at Bella's place has a more deep meaning to it.
Like locking away emotions or experiences. After reading up on the theory that James is just a figment of the mind you can start connecting some dots. DPC mentioned doors at the end of episode 3. "Some need to be closed etc etc." So i think he is giving away a hint. We all know he likes to drop these hints.
What if that doors represents Bella's state of mind? Locking away her memories. For example when MC was at her home the first time she has a painting standing against the wall which she moved the next time. Probably inside that room.
She also get nervous, anxious when MC is standing next to it several times. And when he said "knock on wood"

Last edited:

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
I'd be surprised if Burke actually tried to coerce Maya into some sort of sexual reciprocation for help with her tuition,
It's not like he did any different with the other girls, he's just gonna have the talk, promise he will look into it and most likely Quinn will drop the hint to Maya how to proceed, either Maya delivers or Burke didn't manage to get a scholarship...
All girls involved happen to be member of the HOT's, All scholarships run through Quinn... Maybe Quinn will need some security aswell, (she will film it or whatever) but i don't see Burke delivering any scholarship without any returns...

Reactions: shazba

mindern

Jul 7, 2017
I'd be surprised if Burke actually tried to coerce Maya into some sort of sexual reciprocation for help with her tuition, particularly based on the kind of girl she is, and considering Sage is aware that he is helping her, and if Jade is involved in the meeting.

Obviously he's not going to propose anything slimy in the meeting, that's not what I'm talking about, but the fact that so many people will be involved in knowing Maya's predicament, trying to coerce anything from her (at a later time) once he has found out how desperate she is would be very dangerous for him.

Would Maya confide in anyone (particularly the mc or Sage) if Burke crossed the line? If she did, Burke would be toast.

Also, it's one thing for Jade to know he's unfaithful to her, but to find out he's coerced a girl into sexual favours as repayment for some assistance, I think Jade would cut his balls off.

It's possible Burke could say things to keep Maya silent, but it's just too much of a risk.

I don't think Maya and the prospect of proposing prostitution is likely.

I think there will be a number of factors that play into the scene with the Burkes and Maya, and they will be things like:
  • Does the mc still have a relationship with Jade
  • Did the mc just recently end the relationship with Jade
  • Did Burke see the video footage of the mc and Jade (not sure if the footage he saw actually identified the mc, in the scene where Burke is watching it, we didn't actually see the mc's face)
  • Is the mc in a relationship with Sage
  • Is the mc in a relationship with Maya
  • Did the mc recently end his relationship with Sage
Now all of the above could be relevant, but it's also quite possible the Burkes/Maya solution could be a simple linear plot component that is not influenced by the past at all, but imagine if the mc's past actions actually had any bearing on whether they helped Maya or not. That would be interesting.
Isn’t Jade mutually exclusive with Maya/Josy route? End of Ep4 locks you out of the other if you pick one. Always seemed arbitrary but maybe it’s due to this.

If that was entirely on purpose your choice there might have some impact. Like I also said earlier I think Quinn will influence the outcome of this whole thing too.

If we’re lucky this could be a big route defining turning point. The Burke/restaurant thing will influence so much of the cast… Sage will be destroyed by the idea her father is pimping out her sorority sisters. All the girls themselves. Potentially Maya. Jill would hardly be unaffected by the world finding out the head of the school that uses her family name is pimping students.

So many of the characters are influenced by this. It would be a wasted opportunity for our choices to the matter and leave people feeling railroaded.

nyrek

Apr 19, 2021
Isn’t Jade mutually exclusive with Maya/Josy route? End of Ep4 locks you out of the other if you pick one. Always seemed arbitrary but maybe it’s due to this.
as LIs yes. but even if you're banging jade, you can still be maya's best friend and the guy sage thinks the world of (sort of). so, as far as impact on the decision in that room goes, I don't think who you're banging would affect it as much.
unless it's stephen. 0/10 would not bang

then again, if you broke up with jade... yikes. that might have a certain impact.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I'd be surprised if Burke actually tried to coerce Maya into some sort of sexual reciprocation for help with her tuition, particularly based on the kind of girl she is, and considering Sage is aware that he is helping her, and if Jade is involved in the meeting.

Obviously he's not going to propose anything slimy in the meeting, that's not what I'm talking about, but the fact that so many people will be involved in knowing Maya's predicament, trying to coerce anything from her (at a later time) once he has found out how desperate she is would be very dangerous for him.

Would Maya confide in anyone (particularly the mc or Sage) if Burke crossed the line? If she did, Burke would be toast.

Also, it's one thing for Jade to know he's unfaithful to her, but to find out he's coerced a girl into sexual favours as repayment for some assistance, I think Jade would cut his balls off.

It's possible Burke could say things to keep Maya silent, but it's just too much of a risk.

I don't think Maya and the prospect of proposing prostitution is likely.

I think there will be a number of factors that play into the scene with the Burkes and Maya, and they will be things like:
  • Does the mc still have a relationship with Jade
  • Did the mc just recently end the relationship with Jade
  • Did Burke see the video footage of the mc and Jade (not sure if the footage he saw actually identified the mc, in the scene where Burke is watching it, we didn't actually see the mc's face)
  • Is the mc in a relationship with Sage
  • Is the mc in a relationship with Maya
  • Did the mc recently end his relationship with Sage
Now all of the above could be relevant, but it's also quite possible the Burkes/Maya solution could be a simple linear plot component that is not influenced by the past at all, but imagine if the mc's past actions actually had any bearing on whether they helped Maya or not. That would be interesting.
those are all more or less revealing variables in the story, but I doubt that any of them will be decisive on the overall outcome of Maya's meeting with Burke

Maya's destiny cannot be tied to MC's choices

even imagining Maya taking the risk of becoming a restaurant girl for me is completely outside of what BADIK is, it could happen in another game, not in this one

mightybored

Jul 5, 2021
I think Maya will get introduced to one of the sponsors, everything will be fine, and then a certain amount of time later the sponsor will turn into a creep (because that's what the sponsors are for) and that'll be Maya's drama going forward.

She'll fall ass-backwards into the Restaurant and then MC has to deal with it/Quinn. Possibly without Sage knowing because that secret is worse than her boyfriend being gay.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: DavDR and shazba

DarkKiller

Sep 3, 2016
however the flashback remains extremely cold and antiseptic, not even when they are outside the library Bella lets herself go, now with MC in the library in front of everyone Bella is much more relaxed.
Definitely agree, perhaps it's because technically Bella's the boss now, she doesn't have to answer to anyone in the library so she feels more comfortable being herself.
But still, the way she behaved with MC in EP7 would raise some eyebrows for sure if they were seen by anyone.

276bc28a02.gif

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
I think Maya will get introduced to one of the sponsors, everything will be fine, and then a certain amount of time later the sponsor will turn into a creep (because that's what the sponsors are for) and that'll be Maya's drama going forward.

She'll fall ass-backwards into the Restaurant and then MC has to deal with it/Quinn. Possibly without Sage knowing because that secret is worse than her boyfriend being gay.
You omitted something the MC included in the restaurant is not canon

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Definitely agree, perhaps it's because technically Bella's the boss now, she doesn't have to answer to anyone in the library so she feels more comfortable being herself.
But still, the way she behaved with MC in EP7 would raise some eyebrows for sure if they were seen by anyone.

View attachment 1610500
but we're talking about an adult having a word with her husband in a bookstore with no customers, and Bella has the same attitude she would have with Burke :ROFLMAO:

now she's definitely in charge, but she's a teacher who is publicly taking a student into her confidence, and she's visibly more serene :love:

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes