gamingdevil800

Monke
Donor
Aug 4, 2020

In this second part of the Q&A, I will answer your questions about game development. You can find the first part of the Q&A if you missed it. Once again, thank all of you for your questions. I tried answering as many as I could.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
:KEK: Will there be a pirates Q&A session?
giphy (3).gif

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
If Zoey rocked up pregnant to some other dude and expected the mc (or his dad) to help, that would just suck the fun out of this game.
Welp I for one would love to see her face when I slam the door shut right in front of her... it would be funny :ROFLMAO:
But in all honesty... do friends split like she did ? :oops: ( not necessarily fuck buddies just plain old friends... ) If the answer is NO then WTF does she expect turning up with " her problems " ? :eek::KEK:

• Sad
Reactions: drooopy and shazba

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
Mate, it's ginger, let's get the terminology correct!
It's been called a "redhead" for much longer and when the term "ginger" was first introduced it was even more for yellow-brown haired people (like the root it's named after)....
Also i think the term ginger is mostly used in english language, most other languages just use their version of red hair ;)

mr.AwesomeGameTaste

Feb 18, 2021

In this second part of the Q&A, I will answer your questions about game development. You can find the first part of the Q&A if you missed it. Once again, thank all of you for your questions. I tried answering as many as I could.
He's right,Nika best girl.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
It's been called a "redhead" for much longer and when the term "ginger" was first introduced it was even more for yellow-brown haired people (like the root it's named after)....
Also i think the term ginger is mostly used in english language, most other languages just use their version of red hair ;)
That minimalist description is for uncultured heathens. Ginger provides the full connotation of freckles and milky white skin, not just the hair.

This is a ginger..

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: felicemastronzo

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Damn it, I was right. I theorized that there were either identical twins or a branching timeline. DPC has now, I suppose unintentionally, confirmed it.:unsure:

What methods do you use for the writing process to keep track of all of the different outcomes?

I plan and make notes, write branching timelines, and reflect a lot about every event I write. As soon as I get an idea, I jot it down. Even if I'm in bed, I grab my phone and make a note of it. I constantly review and update my notes too. If I need to be reminded of something, I replay the game.

• Haha
Reactions: ThePresident451

fifo5310

Feb 25, 2018
I thought someone would ask him what the interlude will be about since it's the game development questions or was it already mentioned? Will it be life of Zoey? (Based from previews)

OFT

Jan 6, 2020
After my granny panty post yesterday, it struck me that of all the outfits worn by The Goddess, this is the sexiest:

Button-down.png

She stirs something in me with anything she wears, but that opened button-down shirt with the plain-white undies drive me nuts. It's better than this:

1.png

Or this:

2.png

Or this:

3.png

Even this:

4.png

Or...

5.png

ummm...

6.png

Hmmm....

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

Excuse me for a moment....I'll be back in a bit....

Jul 8, 2020
Ah man thank you so much now it works. but is there no new scenes for the gallery? My game is now on 0.8.2 but I can only see scenes from 1-7 in the gallery.

Of course, how foolish of me to forget Mac users still need to update the Mac engine files!

Edit: Following the info from PBS666, this has been revised to use the normal Mac BeingADIK.app file structure from Techstar's compressed version, rather than the modified application files from rpdl's original modded release of Being a DIK v0.8.0.

Mac libraries for Being a DIK v0.8: Mega |

In theory if you copy the BeingADIK.app/Contents folder into your existing 0.7.1 BeingADIK.app it should update the application files to the current version. Then if you merge the game folder from the unofficial Windows patch it should work. I know nothing about Mac though, and this is untested, so use at your own risk.

Make sure you keep a backup of your unpatched v0.7.1, so you can roll back to that if it doesn't work.

If it does work please let me know & I'll add it to the unofficial patch post.

I don't know where I first heard DPC is from Sweden, but his & Steam accounts have said he's based in Sweden.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
After my granny panty post yesterday, it struck me that of all the outfits worn by The Goddess, this is the sexiest:

View attachment 1630301

She stirs something in me with anything she wears, but that opened button-down shirt with the plain-white undies drive me nuts. It's better than this:

View attachment 1630263

Or this:

View attachment 1630284

Or this:

View attachment 1630287

Even this:

View attachment 1630297

Or...

View attachment 1630299

ummm...

View attachment 1630300

Hmmm....

View attachment 1630315

women in (open) shirts are something beyond the grace of god

p.s. i always prefer the version with loose hair though

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019

View attachment 1630301

View attachment 1630263

Or this:

View attachment 1630284

Or this:

View attachment 1630287

Even this:

View attachment 1630297

Or...

View attachment 1630299

ummm...

View attachment 1630300

Hmmm....

View attachment 1630315

Only the Blessed Ones appreciate the Goddess and the gifts she bestowed upon us. :love::love::love:

goldenrule91

Feb 26, 2021
Finding a song for an already written scene is the most common scenario. In this case, I've written a scene and need the perfect song for it. What I listen for is the melody and ambience first and foremost. If there are lyrics, I analyze them too. Rarely do I need to play the scene and the song simultaneously to know that it is right. Again, it just clicks upon hearing the song. Some of these examples would be "Time to rise by Kensington Studios", which, to me, truly elevates Quinn's scene.
Confirmation that DPC does use the music and even the lyrics of some songs as storytelling tools, affirming my own autistic analysis of the Time to Rise lyrics and what it means for Quinn's character :KEK: I started to have doubts when DPC reused the song for Jade's episode 8 hotel scene, which I know a few people including myself saw as a bit strange. The lyrics could arguably also fit Jade's story given what she's going through with her marriage, but as much as I like Jade as a character, Time to Rise is undoubtedly Quinn's theme. The melancholy and mysterious tone of the music, the haunting highs and reverberating lows mixed with the pitter-patter of falling rain, the lyrics that hint at the true depths of her character and motivations while also representing the MC as her light in the darkness. The song fits so perfectly that it's hard to believe it came after the writing of the scene, I'd personally theorized that the song came first and then the scene was crafted around the themes of Quinn's motivations and her discovery of the MC that the lyrics hint at.

I'd be interested to know if he went through the same process with Quinn's hangout scene in episode 7, the song he selected there - A Beautiful Syndrome by Chill Study - also has very interesting lyrics that may mirror Quinn's developing motivations; a desire for a more normal life, the discovery of a silver lining to a stormy cloud, the determination to continue her path in her own way. I feel you could track Quinn's character development by just analyzing the lyrics in these two songs, which I've already done because I'm an unhealthy loser :KappaPride: But it also adds a fun new dimension to analyze in future scenes as well. If DPC continues the trend of choosing meaningful songs for important scenes, tracking the ambience and lyrics will give us some interesting new context.

Thanks for always delivering on the patreon goodies king.

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
You've become very good at facial animations (the one at the close of Episode 8 is the best one yet), and you have focused several times on faces in the early parts of lewd scenes. However, you have only animated female climax back in Episode 2. Have you decided to abandon this type of animation, and if so, why? If not, can we expect its return as your skills improve?

Thank you. Yes, that Zoey animation came out great, and it took a lot of work.

Hm, I think I've added it more times since then, depending on what you'd count as a climax. I know you're referring to the Jade and Maya animations, and similar animations can be found later.

In episode 7, you have the Riona animation, which had the first-ever pupil dilation effect for my animations. For the insertions in Bella’s and Jill's lewd scenes in episode 8, I spent plenty of time having their facial expressions look good as well. Mostly, the climax has been conveyed in static renders because it's faster and simpler to make. Even when making 300+ animations, I have to pick and choose what I want for them, and climaxes haven't been first picks. I constantly want to make new and different animations, so I haven't ruled out exploring and revisiting different animation types.
OFT is this you?

Reactions: OFT

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
Accepting money while not working, however, that's a big no-no.
And this way DPC become hated by 90% of people making AVNs

I'm not sure if I'm completely up to date, but I have played Timestamps by Motkeyz, only because I discovered their game before developing, and I enjoy their art and quirky story. I admire them as creators. They are very talented and should be higher ranked than they currently are. I'm rooting for them. Give their game a chance if you haven’t already. Also, if you’re reading this Motkeyz, Nika best girl – use her more.
DPC is also a man of culture.

OFT

Jan 6, 2020
OFT is this you?

Yep. ;)

That one and this one:

If your house was burning, and on the floor lay the only computer storing all the BaDIK development files and a large duffel bag containing all the money you've made on this game thus far, which would you save if you could choose only one?

Well, naturally, as everyone can agree with, I would simply save them both. To which you would cruelly say: "you can only save one". After that, I'd try to pay you so I can save both, bribe you so I can save both, start a petition so I can save both, threaten you so I can save both, call you hateful names so I can save both, and when all of that ultimately fails, and I have to choose...

I would choose the bag of money, knowing that all my assets are backed up on a cloud service and stored on external drives in a safe location. If that weren't the case, I would choose the game files. You can always make more money but never replace the original files.

I thought he would ban me for that, as I was trying to put him in the Kobayashi Maru scenario he calls Acting Lessons. :KEK:

He danced around it for a bit, but he eventually answered with what I thought he would say.

123lxq

Jan 2, 2018
In Chapter 8 where I have to decide the branches with different girls, I used the Scrappy Mod to "Mod:ALL" in one of the savefiles but still can't get the Isabella scene.
I wonder how to make it an actual "ALL" ?
PS:I have a permanent Neutral affinity.

4.80 star(s) 1,522 Votes