DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Ray Bradbury used to tell a story about some convention or talk he had given where, when it was over, a fan came up to him and argued with him about the meaning/message of "Fahrenheit 451". The guy kept claiming that Bradbury, the AUTHOR OF THE BOOK, was wrong in his "interpretation" of the meaning of the book.
View attachment 1633003
OK then you explain how it works. The Student Loan plot is based on the idea that Patrick can control Maya by manipulating her loan money. But as has been pointed out countless times before the loan money can't be used to control Maya, there's always an easy, readily apparent out.

An author can write anything they want in their story but they have to sell it. They have to make the scenario work for a reasonable person or it's just so much gibberish that breaks immersion in the story.

Reactions: Harveztrau

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
And with all of this shit, no one has managed to explain what it was in the game that DPC was researching? Remember the argument was did DPC lie in the Q&A.

hakuna-matata

May 30, 2020
I'm thinking that the pregnancy test is Bella's. She isn't pregnant now but was with her husband, but they lost the baby and led to their split. The locked room is a nursery.
It's Lana's pregnancy test. Lana finds out she's pregnant with Jill. Lana was kicked out because she had a child out of wedlock and would have brought dishonor to the Royce name. It forced Amelia to raise Jill as her own daughter in order to not disgrace the family name.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Ilhares

Heycock

Jun 30, 2020
Ray Bradbury used to tell a story about some convention or talk he had given where, when it was over, a fan came up to him and argued with him about the meaning/message of "Fahrenheit 451". The guy kept claiming that Bradbury, the AUTHOR OF THE BOOK, was wrong in his "interpretation" of the meaning of the book.
View attachment 1633003
Something similar happened to me once. I wrote a story set in feudal Japan for a college class, and the profesor later on thought it was set in China. I explained it was in Japan an she insisted it was in China. I leave it believe that couse she was stuborn as a rock.

• Haha
Reactions: HogRocket

27X

Oct 30, 2019
Riona's death would be too big a blow to Quinn, at which point what should she do?

In my opinion DPC will not go that far, at most someone will risk his life but nothing more.

anyway that drug (cocaine in theory) will damage someone sooner or later. i hope more as a trap for the police, we will see
She should do the right thing, and remove herself from the game and existence. All the best villains think they are the secret hero and in fact are not.

27X

Oct 30, 2019
View attachment 1633003
So, basically everyday on any particular erogame forum.

• Haha
Reactions: HogRocket

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Oh? Where have I been wrong?

The Student loan isn't 'authorial license' it's just bullshit. The discussions here have proved that repeatedly.

The Tybalt Lawsuit was bullshit too. Mostly because MC didn't start the sprinklers and Tybalt possessed zero evidence that he did. There were never any grounds for a suit. There was no standing to bring a suit. And MC didn't possess sufficient funds to warrant a claim.

DPC hasn't researched shit. His statement in the Q&A was a bald faced lie.
Your claim that no one could have standing to sue for a deductible is a classic case of did not do the research. And see below for a more recent example.

At best, Quinn was the central antagonist of Maya's arc for Ep1-6 but the main antagonist has always been Patrick. Maya wouldn't even have met Patrick and pursued the free tuition if it wasn't for him. While there'll be bad blood between Maya, Josy and Quinn in future episodes, Patrick remains the main threat.

Beyond that, Quinn has never been portrayed as a major opposition for the MC. She has a positive relationship with a DIK MC and barely interacted with a Chick/Neutral MC. As goofy and pathetic Tybalt, Dawe and the Alpha were portrayed, they still were a bigger and more frontal opposition. So far, Quinn brought trouble because she fucked up many times not because she's got a lot of resources and power.
That's not entirely true. You need to be a DIK to have a good relationship with Quinn, but you don't have to have a good relationship with Quinn to be a DIK.

Furthermore, the second season highlighted she's losing control and doesn't handle her business efficiently, to the point she's losing her allies ( Tommy, Riona...) and puts herself in a tenuous situation not only with her provider and her money issues but with Sage as well. There are bigger fish in every corner. Vinnie is a more competent dealer than her, Burke has wealth, position and influence ( things she doesn't really have ), even Lily while not a villain at this point, is shown to be more cunning than her.

Sure Patrick, Vinnie and Burke are all pretty secondary for now and their involvement remains kinda unclear but none of them have been portrayed as vulnerable or pathetic like Dawe, Tybalt or Chad. On the contrary, scenes like the cliffhanger with Patrick in Maya's room or Burke watching Jade's video with a sinister smirk tend to make them look like the real deal.

IMO, Quinn's position isn't really different than Tommy's. Both will probably keep making bad moves with negative consequences for others characters but Patrick, Vinnie & Burke will remain the big bad ensemble.
Yes, Tommy and Quinn are fairly similar; self-centered assholes who take foolish risks for shortsighted quick fixes. Quinn is a slightly bigger asshole, but DPC compensates by presenting her in a more sympathetic light.

But while neither of them is particularly powerful, I'd say both of them are still serving as antagonists in the story. They're essentially playing with fire, so the risk is that the MC and/or his friends will be caught up in the flames when something inevitably goes wrong. At some point they could transition to a more neutral role (or even an ally), but as long as they're operating their own secret agenda I think they're stuck in opposition to our hero.

If the plot elements don't have to be 100% true and anything DPC makes up is to be treated a gospel, then what was he researching? Why would he spend his valuable time researching if he's just going to make something up?

The answer of course is that he didn't research anything. He was lying. Welcome to logic 101
Researching something for an artistic work doesn't mean you must slavishly accept whatever your research turns up. DPC may have used the material for inspiration and background material, or to better gauge how unrealistic a desired occurrence might be. The entire point of artistic license is that sometimes a deliberate unrealism serves the meter better than a strictly accurate portrayal; it's often helpful to know what reality would have been before you ignore it.

If you want an example of that sort of thing, Andy Weir preferred to kickstart 'The Martian" with a destructive dust storm (which he knew was unrealistic) because it was both more dramatic and more thematic. You can see discussions of the topic and . Feel free to look up more examples yourself.

Obviously, whether such concessions to drama are effective is a personal call, but that's a far cry from your insistence that DPC must be lying about doing research just because you personally disagreed with the reality of a few plot points.

Last edited:

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
OK then you explain how it works. The Student Loan plot is based on the idea that Patrick can control Maya by manipulating her loan money. But as has been pointed out countless times before the loan money can't be used to control Maya, there's always an easy, readily apparent out.

An author can write anything they want in their story but they have to sell it. They have to make the scenario work for a reasonable person or it's just so much gibberish that breaks immersion in the story.
I don't have to answer anything.

First - I said nothing to you, nor care anything about you, your theories or getting worked up over a game. I was making a comment to another post.

Second - WTF does it matter? It's a FICTION STORY. I'm sure you've read books that were not 100% accurate. Did you get your panties in a wad over that? I'm more worried about the personalities and relationships involved. I'm not worried about the characters finances.

Unlike some, this is my one and only interaction with you. I get attacked for no reason - you go on the idiot ignore list.

bye bye

Aug 26, 2019
I don't have to answer anything.

First - I said nothing to you, nor care anything about you, your theories or getting worked up over a game. I was making a comment to another post.

Second - WTF does it matter? It's a FICTION STORY. I'm sure you've read books that were not 100% accurate. Did you get your panties in a wad over that? I'm more worried about the personalities and relationships involved. I'm not worried about the characters finances.

Unlike some, this is my one and only interaction with you. I get attacked for no reason - you go on the idiot ignore list.

bye bye
From now on whoever talks about the student loan goes on the list
1l9pss.jpg

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
And with all of this shit, no one has managed to explain what it was in the game that DPC was researching? Remember the argument was did DPC lie in the Q&A.
Well, first of all, he could study human anatomy. Of course, there are claims to him regarding proportions, but this can be done because of artistic purposes. In addition, a skinny girl with big tits is not so rare and such girls are found in real life. For example, in the game, the female vagina has a very cool detail, while other developers draw it more schematically.
Secondly, I am sure that in order to create a mini-game on the renovation of the mansion, he conducted some research and consultations. A lot of work has been done. The same goes for other mini-games. If we talk directly about the plot, he could conduct research on the structure of the plot, the basis of the script, the basics of game design and narrative design, and so on.
Thirdly, the research could relate to lessons on campus. Mathematics, gender studies, engineering (in the future). We are still in the middle of the road.

Last edited:

DogzBallz

Sep 30, 2021
Oh? Where have I been wrong?

The Student loan isn't 'authorial license' it's just bullshit. The discussions here have proved that repeatedly.

The Tybalt Lawsuit was bullshit too. Mostly because MC didn't start the sprinklers and Tybalt possessed zero evidence that he did. There were never any grounds for a suit. There was no standing to bring a suit. And MC didn't possess sufficient funds to warrant a claim.

DPC hasn't researched shit. His statement in the Q&A was a bald faced lie.
Most lawsuits are bullshit, but if you have enough money you can rake someone through the coals and bankrupt them regardless of the outcome. Legal costs mount up pretty quickly and the party that cant keep up financially generally cops it.

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
Loveanddamsel is a good guy
Stay out of it Felicia.:Kappa:

I expected it out of ChipLeSimp, because he’s a misguided little boy that has no idea what he’s talking about.

What’s sad is I consider you my brother, but you traded your soul for that dumb bitch. :Kappa:

No No No, don't do this to me, don't confuse me. I once thought that godkingxerxes is a Woman :LOL: , it was an embarrassing Day:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Weird thing is when I joined I thought that Felice was a woman. And I’m like “why does this chick keep referring to herself as a he?” :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Odin73

Feb 16, 2020
Does anyone have the latest BaDIK Manison Restoration minigame? I only find the old one, Ep. 6

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Your claim that no one could have standing to sue for a deductible is a classic case of did not do the research. And see below for a more recent example.

That's not entirely true. You need to be a DIK to have a good relationship with Quinn, but you don't have to have a good relationship with Quinn to be a DIK.

Yes, Tommy and Quinn are fairly similar; self-centered assholes who take foolish risks for shortsighted quick fixes. Quinn is a slightly bigger asshole, but DPC compensates by presenting her in a more sympathetic light.

But while neither of them is particularly powerful, I'd say both of them are still serving as antagonists in the story. They're essentially playing with fire, so the risk is that the MC and/or his friends will be caught up in the flames when something inevitably goes wrong. At some point they could transition to a more neutral role (or even an ally), but as long as they're operating their own secret agenda I think they're stuck in opposition to our hero.

Researching something for an artistic work doesn't mean you must slavishly accept whatever your research turns up. DPC may have used the material for inspiration and background material, or to better gauge how unrealistic a desired occurrence might be. The entire point of artistic license is that sometimes a deliberate unrealism serves the meter better than a strictly accurate portrayal; it's often helpful to know what reality would have been before you ignore it.

If you want an example of that sort of thing, Andy Weir preferred to kickstart 'The Martian" with a destructive dust storm (which he knew was unrealistic) because it was both more dramatic and more thematic. You can see discussions of the topic and . Feel free to look up more examples yourself.

Obviously, whether such concessions to drama are effective is a personal call, but that's a far cry from your insistence that DPC must be lying about doing research just because you personally disagreed with the reality of a few plot points.
Sorry, that was a lower court ruling that wouldn't even make precedent. Just looking up something on Google hardly makes you an expert at law. I'm not an expert either but I do have access to people with real knowledge.

If that's the best you can do to try and show how you have not lost everytime we argued about this game, it's pretty pathetic.

N7

セブン
Staff member
Donor
Apr 5, 2017

It was a productive week. I have finished posing all art and completed most coding tasks as well.

What remains now is waiting for animations to render, polishing, and playtesting.

After that, I can send the game to my team of testers and proofreader.

Render times shouldn't be too bad, I hope, but time will tell.

Testing is hopefully smooth this time, too, since it's a smaller episode than usual.

The biggest task will be testing that the save transfer system is robust for Steam/GOG/Patreon versions so that any player with Season 2 can continue playing without issues.

Next week I will work on those remaining tasks while waiting on animations to render.

I can't promise a February release yet, so wait until the release date is set if you're pledging to get the update. It's either February or March, though.

cr_7_quinn_sally3_fullHD.png

cr_7_quinn_sally4_fullHD.png

Patreon milestone celebration
Today, I'll give you the final renders of the Quinn and Sally order.

Three parts remain in the custom render series.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Well, first of all, he could study human anatomy. Of course, there are claims to him regarding proportions, but this can be done because of artistic purposes. In addition, a skinny girl with big tits is not so rare and such girls are found in real life. For example, in the game, the female vagina has a very cool detail, while other developers draw it more schematically.
Secondly, I am sure that in order to create a mini-game on the renovation of the mansion, he conducted some research and consultations. A lot of work has been done. The same goes for other mini-games. If we talk directly about the plot, he could conduct research on the structure of the plot, the basis of the script, the basics of game design and narrative design, and so on.
Thirdly, the research could relate to lessons on campus. Mathematics, gender studies, engineering (in the future). We are still in the middle of the road.
That's a bit of a stretch. But it does illustrate the problem.

All of you guys have got to stop hero worshiping these dammed Dev's. Rather it's AAA developers or independent AVN's sooner or later they figure out that they can sell the gaming community almost anything, on almost any terms, with a couple of cheap simple hooks. And it's destroying the hobby.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

It was a productive week. I have finished posing all art and completed most coding tasks as well.

What remains now is waiting for animations to render, polishing, and playtesting.

After that, I can send the game to my team of testers and proofreader.

Render times shouldn't be too bad, I hope, but time will tell.

Testing is hopefully smooth this time, too, since it's a smaller episode than usual.

The biggest task will be testing that the save transfer system is robust for Steam/GOG/Patreon versions so that any player with Season 2 can continue playing without issues.

Next week I will work on those remaining tasks while waiting on animations to render.

I can't promise a February release yet, so wait until the release date is set if you're pledging to get the update. It's either February or March, though.

View attachment 1633659

View attachment 1633660

Patreon milestone celebration
Today, I'll give you the final renders of the Quinn and Sally order.

Three parts remain in the custom render series.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
beginning of March is still good, between COVID and everything could have been worse

Of course to say that I feel the hype ...

Reactions: ename144
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes