Heycock

Jun 30, 2020
Not really, she tells all that as her reason to want to join the HOT's so it's all told before Josy arrives at B&R.
You remember when?. I know the first conversation she says she want to join the Hots for the money but dont specify why. And later she adds she has a "boyfriend".

Reactions: ename144

varage

Jun 26, 2019
The time is not the problem, not having the complete knowledge about it is what matters, 4-5 hours is a long time to be oblivious to the fact there is a possibility Josy's partner is Maya if you know them both and their exact situation. The fact MC knows no better then Josy is involved with a guy and Maya is involved with a girl is the reason it is such a surprise when Josy arrives at Maya's dorm. It makes sense they're involved because what you know of their situations with eachother is just so similar but having incomplete info from Josy is what prevents you linking them till it's too late.
The time is the problem had she told him this during dinner date he wouldn't have to wait to ask her for follow up questions as he was "we'll talk about this in person i don't wanna do this over the phone."
First followup question during dinner date. "Who is it?"

Bam timing does something and also nothing is mentioned about grades in that nore years nor nothing he's just told yo my bf is in B&R bro goodluck. lol Also he didn't have incomplete knowledge of Maya he didn't know shit about Maya she was a single girl in his eye's. "The fact MC knows no better then Josy is involved with a guy and Maya is involved with a girl "He didn't know Maya was involved with ANYONE at the time. Just for clarifications sake.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
You remember when?. I know the first conversation she says she want to join the Hots for the money but dont specify why. And later she adds she has a "boyfriend".
After that she also tells MC she just says she has a boyfriend to avoid situations. I think after Quinn tasers MC you get the complete story from Maya, knowing all this you later get the option to offer to help her with her trials to join HOT.
But you know her situation before Josy arrives.

"He didn't know Maya was involved with ANYONE at the time.
MC knows Maya needs tuition so she can't be blackmailed to stay away from the girl she is a relationship with. Hence MC knows she is in a relation allthough it is clear Maya has to keep her distance for now.

varage

Jun 26, 2019
After that she also tells MC she just says she has a boyfriend to avoid situations. I think after Quinn tasers MC you get the complete story from Maya, knowing all this you later get the option to offer to help her with her trials to join HOT.
But you know her situation before Josy arrives.

MC knows Maya needs tuition so she can't be blackmailed to stay away from the girl she is a relationship with. Hence MC knows she is in a relation allthough it is clear Maya has to keep her distance for now.
No he doesn't he know's that her fathers a controling dick maybe but not why he's a controling dick she didn't tell him the reason exactly because she was "Working up to 100%." She wasn't there yet she was at 100% Exactly 3 seconds before Jose knocked on the door. He didn't know why she was the blacksheep of the family just that she was. )We are talking about Maya pre chapter 4 not post chapter 4 here.
Maya "I was going to tell you!" MC "What 3 seconds ago?!"

Reactions: felicemastronzo

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
If you sleep with Josy and be a dick you get the same message it is a dik/ Chick/Neutral message flag. Just so you know went back through to make sure. So i still stand behind my reasoning that Maya is more interested in you than you then Jose. Though it makes sense as you've technically spent more time with Maya than Josy.
Made sure to click every +Josy choices as well as Maya and slept with both.
She also wont regret it if you don't sleep with her but are neutral/chick
The flag you're talking about happens during the night when you're choosing who to sleep with if accept thrupple if you sleep with one and not the other. Maya sex scene true Josy sex scene true. You will be allowed to push beds together and sleep together all three of you that night. If one true one false, you will not get this option and will be forced to choose one or the other.
Note: did not check both false but i assume it would be same as False/true separate beds. But it could be they are on equal footing and will allow beds to be pushed together.
Interesting, I didn't know Josy would also regret sleeping with a DIK MC. That does make her rejection of a DIK who tries for something more very slightly less out of the blue. But she'll also express the same regret if the MC is CHICK/Neutral and does not sleep with her.

As far as sleeping with Maya/Josy/both that night, if you slept with neither girl you never get the option in the first place. In that case the girls will turn the MC down if he asks for something more, even if he's not a DIK.

You're also forgetting the fact that MC is not this guy you're painting him to be. HE HAS ISSUES WITH BEING WITH A GIRL IN A RELATIONSHIP. Case for this study is as follows he finds out about her "boyfriend", and he says farewell. Jose says Goodbye. He was doing something entirely out of character for himself because he was crushing hard on Josy. Hense waiting up in bed at night thinking about it.
Someone who doesn't care would sleep like a fucking baby laughing at "boyfriend". We can throw Bella into the mix here. But Bella's love isn't in the picture anymore which the MC finds out before anything beyond a kiss happens. "No, I won't kiss you I don't want to force you."
By that token, Maya and Josy both had issues being with the MC. Clearly they care, too. So I guess that makes it all the MC's fault after all, right?

I also agree with you, this could also be part of MC's confusion at that moment (who then in the end can also nobly decide to step aside and we all know how Josy will react to an MC who decides to remain friends with the two girls...)

but I still don't understand Josy's position (other than of course blaming it completely on the turmoil of the moment).
everything she says only precipitates the situation, and the fact that she wants to share the blame for her betrayal of Maya with MC (when in the story every time MC tried to get away from her she resisted) as well as inappropriate makes no sense, fidelity is up to those in a relationship, not others
I don't see how Josy is uniquely to blame here. She wanted something she knew she shouldn't, just like the MC. If the MC sleeps with her anyway, it seems like they are both at fault. It's only if the MC turns down Josy's offer that I see a real difference, in which case the MC's lashing out at Josy's feels rather cruel. Again he didn't berate her when he knew she was willing to cheat, only when he himself got caught in the consequences.

To me, the MC's behavior is like someone who potentially helps rob a bank, only to be incensed at his would-be partner when he finds out he owned a lot of stock in that particular bank. A little late to stand on principle at that point! :p

mightybored

Jul 5, 2021
Well, the official walkthrough says that this choice will reject the other relationships and only stay friends with them. "Other" will reject all the main girls.
And I don't think that DPC is going to force a permanent choice on the player now when it's claimed we're only half-way through the game.

Clearly the choice at the end of Ep8 exists, but I'm saying events will happen in upcoming chapters that can/will change that decision.

varage

Jun 26, 2019
By that token, Maya and Josy both had issues being with the MC. Clearly they care, too. So I guess that makes it all the MC's fault after all, right?
For the first part i didn't know they turn you down if both false good to know. For this part what the hell are you smoking? Or what do you mean? Josy is the only one that turns you down if on the thrupple route if you do it like you want it to happen but be a Dik. Maya doesn't.
2. Josy was the instagater of MC and her while in a relationship. Mc tried to ditch her but she wouldn't let him go.
3. MC didn't even know Maya was in a relationship so him being the instigator was a no harm no fowl scenario.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
For the first part i didn't know they turn you down if both false good to know. For this part what the hell are you smoking? Or what do you mean? Josy is the only one that turns you down if on the thrupple route if you do it like you want it to happen but be a Dik. Maya doesn't.
2. Josy was the instagater of MC and her while in a relationship. Mc tried to ditch her but she wouldn't let him go.
3. MC didn't even know Maya was in a relationship so him being the instigator was a no harm no fowl scenario.
Hang on, I'm confused. If the MC is a DIK (or declines to sleep with both girls), they will reject the offer to try for something more without further explanation. In Episode 5 you can talk to one of the girls about the decision, and they will each say they felt like they had no choice but to reject the MC because of what the other girl would think. We don't know for certain how Maya feels specifically about the MC being a DIK, but I see very little reason to think she'd have been okay with it.

On #2, that's just not true. The MC is the one who insists on coming back for a date with Josy when he worries she's going to run away. The attraction between him and Josy was definitely mutual despite knowing she was (supposedly) off-limits.

I agree on #3, he is blameless for pursuing Maya. That one's squarely on her. That said, Maya did make it clear she shouldn't be dating him for some reason, and he never really followed up on that. Doesn't make him at fault, but it is a good lesson to learn for the future.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
I don't understand why on such a linear plot point you have to build so much...

at the end we find out that MC was running away from himself and his toxic masculinity...

there is no misunderstanding or reworking, the girls lie (Maya) and omit (Josy) until the last moment (theoretically MC can do it in a small way, but it is not decisive in anything) and for this reason MC is faced with a shock (that surely the 19 years old F95 users would have managed in a troupe from the beginning, there are no doubts about this, threesome at every coffee break) and runs away because he does not know what to do (allowing the night not to end in tragedy)

the fact that eventually Mc admits to having overreacted doesn't change anything about what happened. so much so that when they clarify it is Maya (Josy basically understands almost nothing of what is happening and always a couple of steps back) who apologizes to MC and not the opposite, it is Maya and Josy who ask for another chance, MC accepts the apology and forgives everything (always and in any case)
You are wrong in that it makes no difference whether he admits his overreaction or not.

If he admits it, he becomes too submissive. What did Caleb say in EP5? Baby DIK.

On the other hand, if he tells the MC clearly what he didn't like, he makes his point and the girls learn through Derek what not to do to the MC anymore.

You might also want to look at the overreaction from another angle. By running away, a heated situation might cool down. When agitated people discuss things, words are often said that are not normally said. Josy has already been to the bathroom in the tone of voice and later admits as much.

mindern

Jul 7, 2017
Since we’re still on the topic of the Maya/Josy lies…

The library scene has always bugged me. He opens with how he’s sick of all the lies and proceeds to only disclose how he was involved with both women. I think all this ambiguity is a product of the fact you can choose to (at times) avoid Maya/Josy as LI. DPC was limited in what he could use as a reason to be annoyed because player choice limits how in deep you were with Maya/Josy.

There’s an obvious reason for the MC to be upset but it doesn’t make sense on all routes. The library scene would seem to imply his issue wasn’t that the girls hid each other from him but the opposite. The girls “hid” him from each other. That’s the only lie he exposes really. He is vocal all episode about “lies” and when the time comes the only lies he exposes are related to him.

If there was a scene, or a few lines of dialogue, where the MC notices Maya/Josy are still a couple and finds out (or assumes) they’ve not told each other about him the MC has all the reasons under the sun to be annoyed. One line of Inner Monologue about them clearly moving on and not being honest with one another and we’ve got a solid foundation for the episode. He was pissed off his burgeoning relationships with both of them have seemingly ended and it appears to have meant nothing to them given they’ve just gone back to one another.

I know it isn’t how the game actually is, but it would be so much better in my opinion. Give everyone involved a reason to be annoyed and it gels with the episode better.

If the MC was pissed off they’ve just gone back to one another and all their interactions with him came to nothing he A) has a valid reason to be annoyed. B) the library scene makes a lick of sense and C) it ties their pre-episode 4 relationships into their post episode 4 relationships. D) it also makes the friendship route a little more elegant. He can only be friends with them but he forgives that they went back to one another without acknowledging what they almost had with MC.

“I’m upset with you two because I thought I had a connection with both of you but when the chips were down you didn’t admit we did, you went back to one another and rug swept what happened”.

That segues into a thruple easily…. It also acknowledges a massive bug bear of mine which is Maya and Josy never care they cheated on each other. It’s blown past in one sentence.

So yeah, just my opinion but DPC messed up focusing on how the girls lied to the MC instead of how the girls lied to each other about the MC.

Last edited:

varage

Jun 26, 2019
Hang on, I'm confused. If the MC is a DIK (or declines to sleep with both girls), they will reject the offer to try for something more without further explanation. In Episode 5 you can talk to one of the girls about the decision, and they will each say they felt like they had no choice but to reject the MC because of what the other girl would think. We don't know for certain how Maya feels specifically about the MC being a DIK, but I see very little reason to think she'd have been okay with it.

On #2, that's just not true. The MC is the one who insists on coming back for a date with Josy when he worries she's going to run away. The attraction between him and Josy was definitely mutual despite knowing she was (supposedly) off-limits.

I agree on #3, he is blameless for pursuing Maya. That one's squarely on her. That said, Maya did make it clear she shouldn't be dating him for some reason, and he never really followed up on that. Doesn't make him at fault, but it is a good lesson to learn for the future.
Well it's a plot hole or lie because if your on cusp of dick just barely a penis into dick and then go to neutral you go to Jose during Prep party she tells you she turned you down because she was scared to end up alone.
If you don't go with Josy and go with Maya she tells you the same thing That she wanted to but josy didn't what could she do?!
You say something sweet to her she says thats not fair! We talked about our relationship didn't we agree to just be friend?! MC say's I asked for something more you turned me down. That's when she spills the beans on Josy being the culprit but if you go with Josy she spills the beans about Josy being the culprit my deduction leads me to believe by a Maya's Testomony as well as Josy's testimoney that she is the one that turns you down.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I don't see how Josy is uniquely to blame here. She wanted something she knew she shouldn't, just like the MC. If the MC sleeps with her anyway, it seems like they are both at fault. It's only if the MC turns down Josy's offer that I see a real difference, in which case the MC's lashing out at Josy's feels rather cruel. Again he didn't berate her when he knew she was willing to cheat, only when he himself got caught in the consequences.

To me, the MC's behavior is like someone who potentially helps rob a bank, only to be incensed at his would-be partner when he finds out he owned a lot of stock in that particular bank. A little late to stand on principle at that point! :p
in reality there is not much to discuss

Josy is in a relationship, she has to be loyal to her partner. Should MC refuse to have sex with her out of respect for someone he doesn't know? he would be a saint in the case

MC's fault is that he is not a saint or a man of incorruptible virtues, Josy's fault is that he sought an escape from his relationship with Maya (while at the same time cutting off all communication with her) that did not happen by chance but was planned. I would say that MC is at least 51% culpable.... :unsure:

but then again my and your interpretations count for the right amount. the facts say that the girls apologize to MC (Maya repeatedly and in different situations) and ask him to give them another chance

varage

Jun 26, 2019

It's kinda a secret you have to find on your own. I guess through multiple play throughs.

varage

Jun 26, 2019

2 Josy left him little choice as she said she was running away causeing fight or flight to kick in in the MC. B did the MC say her I'm gunna stay the night you down girl? Or did he say it's getting late i should probably go. And Josy reply my parents are out all night would you like to stay the night?

Reactions: felicemastronzo

mindern

Jul 7, 2017
Well it's a plot hole or lie because if your on cusp of dick just barely a penis into dick and then go to neutral you go to Jose during Prep party she tells you she turned you down because she was scared to end up alone.
If you don't go with Josy and go with Maya she tells you the same thing That she wanted to but josy didn't what could she do?!
You say something sweet to her she says thats not fair! We talked about our relationship didn't we agree to just be friend?! MC say's I asked for something more you turned me down. That's when she spills the beans on Josy being the culprit but if you go with Josy she spills the beans about Josy being the culprit my deduction leads me to believe by a Maya's Testomony as well as Josy's testimoney that she is the one that turns you down.

Bringing this back to whether Maya likes the MC more than Josy does…

This interaction doesn’t prove that. It just proves Maya is more likely to take the risk. Also there’s more factors at play then straight “affection” for the MC. Maya for example tells Derek how it would be easier to be with a boy when he catches them kissing.

That isn’t “liking” the MC. That’s his gender making her dating him a boon. To say Maya likes MC more than Josy does because Josy (depending on the route) doesn’t wanna risk what she has with Maya but Maya does doesn’t inherently prove Maya likes the MC more than Josy likes him.

Could be Josy values her relationship with Maya higher than Maya does hers with Josy. Could be Maya wants a male partner to make her life easier…. Maybe Josy is just a coward.

I personally think It’s six of one, half a dozen of the other, on who likes him more back in Ep4.

Reactions: ename144

varage

Jun 26, 2019
Bringing this back to whether Maya likes the MC more than Josy does…

This interaction doesn’t prove that. It just proves Maya is more likely to take the risk. Also there’s more factors at play then straight “affection” for the MC. Maya for example tells Derek how it would be easier to be with a boy when he catches them kissing.
I'll give you that one she could be bearding him and that could be more of a reason to why she says yes.

That isn’t “liking” the MC. That’s his gender making her dating him a boon. To say Maya likes MC more than Josy does because Josy (depending on the route) doesn’t wanna risk what she has with Maya but Maya does doesn’t inherently prove Maya likes the MC more than Josy likes him.
It does however show that she cares more about him or herself to hurt him out of fear.

Could be Josy values her relationship with Maya higher than Maya does hers with Josy. Could be Maya wants a male partner to make her life easier…. Maybe Josy is just a coward.

I personally think It’s six of one, half a dozen of the other, on who likes him more back in Ep4.
Maybe Maya's already battle hardened due to living with her father for so long so she's used to the conflict where Josy seems to come from a accepting and loving home. And is a bit tired of fighting over Maya and her father and doesn't want to add a third conflict to her already full plate.
I can't deny they're are more values in play but I'm just saying you'd rather be with someone who will fight for you not give up on you.

4.80 star(s) 1,527 Votes