Crusader of Romance

Dec 14, 2019
I'm sorry, but I can't agree. Jill was borderline obsessed with the MC if he kissed her during their date, to the point she briefly considered going farther with him at Bella's house in Episode 5. But then in Episode 6 she completely cuts off contact with him because she wants to protect him from Tybalt. She changes her mind again when she learns it's his birthday. But she expects him to be up for a surprise party at the drop of a hat: bear in mind she didn't even know he had no classes that day!
She doesn't expect him, she hopes he's free. Sure, she gets disappointed but not at him.

When someone's falling in love, they don't act rationally. Suddenly they get all the butterflies and desire. I find her reaction very believable. And the only reason she stopped was because Tybalt blackmails her.

If the MC complies, Jill explains the Tybalt situation and is right back to obsessing over the MC. But if the MC isn't free, there's no discussion of rescheduling; Jill simply writes the guy off forever. During their Episode 7 conversation on Monday (3 days later), she'll still explain the Tybalt situation but stonewalls the MC when he attempts to pick up where they left off.
View attachment 1663470 View attachment 1663471 View attachment 1663472 View attachment 1663473 View attachment 1663474 View attachment 1663475
Again, because of Tybalt who threatens to accuse the MC of arson. She doesn't dare to go on a date with him.

Again, the reason the MC hasn't seen her much is that she's been avoiding him! When he goes on to climb the balcony to see her after tennis, she can't accept it because "something about this feels off." When he reveals he's been practicing her song for weeks and helps her at the concert, then runs across the city to get her out of the mess she put herself in, she just shoots him down.
Because they never had that special moment together at the picnic. The moment that made her realize he was right for her. You can't reschedule a moment like that, because you don't know you would have it. What you want is that Jill chooses the MC without the moment that made her realize he was right for her. That she ignores her own feelings because that's what you want. But that's not how reality works.

Let's say you met a girl. You are interested in each other. She comes to your door one day to surprise you but you don't have the time so you can't spend the time together. What you don't know is that that date would have had the special moment when she realized you were right for her. After that, smaller things happen but nothing that gives her the same realization so after a few weeks she decides it doesn't feel right and gives up.
Would you blame her for not feeling the way you want her to feel? Would you blame it on that date you never had and on her for not having that moment another time?
You can't force a person to fall in love with you at the time of your choosing. A missed moment can make or break a relationship.

Mar 15, 2021
What's it to you where I come from... ( and WHO MAKES YOU ??? :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :KEK: )

I get it now your english lacks seriously since you did not checked properly what you wrote NOW and you did not checked your words here either...

Since you can't take the joke... look for it a little and you shall find something :rolleyes:
I don't think she liked your humor Issou. She asks for the impossible and then tries to make up for her mistake.

• Haha
Reactions: sixart

Crusader of Romance

Dec 14, 2019
The thing is, she already very much enjoys the mc's company. She already likes him a lot. There are, however, red flags in the relationship (him getting into fights, pranking the preps, fucking heaps of other women).

There easily could have been other dates, but she decided to end it all because he turned her down once. The mc wasn't asking her to marry him... :rolleyes:
No, she ends it because nothing happens between them that makes her feel he's the right for her because they never had that special moment.
You give many reasons for her to be unsure. So, take away the moment that erased most of those red flags for her and put in a blackmailing to hinder them from having another date, what do you have?
Like I said, she didn't KNOW that date would be the one that made her realize the MC was right for her and you can't reschedule a special moment that you don't even know would have happened.

Reactions: Tyzorak and sixart

Crusader of Romance

Dec 14, 2019
You fuck every chick on campus at every opportunity
You beat Tybalt's face and give him a reason for blackmail
You took a picture of your dick on Tybalt's phone
You Beat Troy to a pulp

You Stole money

BUT

DID YOU GO ON A DATE WITH JILL

View attachment 1664869

It's just ridiculous. You can behave like a complete Dik, fight, drink and fuck and be the one whom Jill despises, but if MC goes on a date with her in episode 6, she is ready to jump on your dick like the last whore.
If you behave like the last bastard in relation to others, she doesn't care. But God forbid you go feed the horses with her.
:WutFace:
No, she wont. I have other playthroughs where I did those things and I couldn't even choose Jill in episode 8.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
False. DIK affinity will prevent her from asking you on the date in the first place. It will also checkpoint you again if you interrupt the dinner in that affinity. To get her at neutral affinity you will have needed to rack up some good boy points somewhere.
There is only one major choice among those action (punching Tybalt) . So neutrale or even chick affinity is easily possible

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
If he really goes for the flashback, it's going to fill in holes that were glaringly obvious in Bella's story. At the moment, I don't think DPC knows what he wants to do with the story. So you can say that he's testing the waters, unsure if he really wants to write something really dark that won't fit in the story and at the same time not be a one trick pony that pulls off the same trick two games in a row.
On the contrary, I believe DrPinkCake knew how this story was going to go (at least in it's primary routes) before he even started the game. He has stated as much in his Q&A sessions [but don't ask me to wade back through all that shit verbiage to find it. :)] Of course he has probably added, altered and deleted various scenes, but the overall pathway (I believe) is set in stone.

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
On the contrary, I believe DrPinkCake knew how this story was going to go (at least in it's primary routes) before he even started the game. He has stated as much in his Q&A sessions [but don't ask me to wade back through all that shit verbiage to find it. :)] Of course he has probably added, altered and deleted various scenes, but the overall pathway (I believe) is set in stone.
Eh, I think the stuff he says in Q&A's is mostly bullshit that probably isn't true. He said that he meticulously studied the details in everything he writes beforehand, then goes ahead and writes the Maya tuition storyline, showing no knowledge of how banks and loans really work.

Don't think of this post as me bashing him, as he certainly is a better writer than a lot of devs on this site.

Back to the pregnancy thing, I think it's either going to be related to Derek, as that might force him to be more mature now that he is going to be a father or it's a flashback to Bella's pregnancy. Maybe next episode will build upon that a bit more, so we might at least connect the dots.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
No, she ends it because nothing happens between them that makes her feel he's the right for her because they never had that special moment.
You give many reasons for her to be unsure. So, take away the moment that erased most of those red flags for her and put in a blackmailing to hinder them from having another date, what do you have?
Like I said, she didn't KNOW that date would be the one that made her realize the MC was right for her and you can't reschedule a special moment that you don't even know would have happened.
One thing that some people seem to forget is that Jill has been waiting for Sir Galahad to come in, swoop her off her feet and carry her away to Camelot. This rather unrealistic outlook on romance and sex clouds her judgment and prevents her from seeing past whatever flaws (real or imagined) the MC might present to her in a somewhat-other-than-perfect playthrough.

Heycock

Jun 30, 2020
So about this whole Jill date vs Sage sick thing... let's think it rationally.

Jill: Hi, I am a really insecure girl who is still virgin at 22 years old, wanna go with me to a date?.

MC: No, sorry, but you know there is this friend of mine, a sluty redhead, sex symbol of this college who makes nude topless and is constantly flirting with me, she is asking me to go and take care of her so...

Jill: But... I am being blackmailed couse of you...

MC: Oh yeah, for the party thing? That was the last time the redhead tried to have sex with me... still going with her.

Jill: It's ok MC, I don't mind at all, I will be here ready for whenever you want to date me, in the meantime I will keep covering your ass while you lay in a bed with your friend. See ya.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
Guys I have a question, how to open video gallery, the entire gallery in this version? I have already completed this version of the game several times, and i still don't have the whole gallery open!
Seems to me you missed several paths on your playthroughs, Josy, Isabella, Jill, but also some names on the DIK affinity like Becky, a 3some with Riona and Camilla and then the other nameless locked ones. You might want to use either the official WT or the unofficial WT, see page 1 to download those, if you want to play each path that is, else use the gallery unlocker there.

Reactions: Claire R.E.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
It's not that hard. You can easily maintain neutrality.
So what DIK decisions are you going to sacrifice in this mind-bending tortured analogy? And how would those not have an impact on your character that influences her decision? The answer is that you can't. To maintain neutral affinity you have to do things she would admire, and it also changes how you speak, how you act, and your romantic chemistry with her.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Seems to me you missed several paths on your playthroughs, Josy, Isabella, Jill, but also some names on the DIK affinity like Becky, a 3some with Riona and Camilla and then the other nameless locked ones. You might want to use either the official WT or the unofficial WT, see page 1 to download those, if you want to play each path that is, else use the gallery unlocker there.
The real bitch for me was unlocking the ones with Madam Rose. Honestly, it felt more like a punishment than a reward.

exazubi

Dec 12, 2020
So where is that lazy staff dude/dudette with all the answers??? I'm not paying him/her for nothing!
Oh wait... there is no staff for answering here.... Ah well, i wasn't paying anyway....
You do realize that this is a pirate forum? It's amazing that so many developers are active here themselves, directly in the threat or in the discord. And of course they don't answer all the questions. After all, they want you to play their game.

Reactions: KopretCZ

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
So what DIK decisions are you going to sacrifice in this mind-bending tortured analogy? And how would those not have an impact on your character that influences her decision? The answer is that you can't. To maintain neutral affinity you have to do things she would admire, and it also changes how you speak, how you act, and your romantic chemistry with her.
If we assume that I want to play chaotic neutral and be with Jill, I can easily refuse the next important election:
1) Since I'm going on a date with Jill anyway, it makes no sense for me to accept Tommy's offer with a trip to the bar
2) I will feel sorry for Steve
3) Since I'm going to go the way of Josie and Maya as a neutral, I can simultaneously refuse to smoke weed and refuse Jade
4) I can agree to go to work in a nursing home instead of going to work in a strip bar
At the same time I will definitely
1) Beat Tybalt
2) Beat up Troy
3) Beat up the jocks
4) Accept the offer of a restaurant to fuck Riona and Camila
In fact, it's very easy to go along a neutral path, it's enough for every dik decision to make a chick decision.

Last edited:

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
You do realize that this is a pirate forum? It's amazing that so many developers are active here themselves, directly in the threat or in the discord. And of course they don't answer all the questions. After all, they want you to play their game.
You do realise your answer has nothing to do with my post? Or better you're basicly giving the same answer to my post as my post did to the one asking for answers that i reacted on. ;) Cheers though!

Reactions: Claire R.E.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
To add my 2 cents to the affinity/status debate it does matter. I wouldn't advocate playing with the cheat mod for a number of reasons, but one useful functionality of it is to see that your decisions have completely different effects given your status at the time you make a decision. For example, early in the game with DIK status giving a compliment to Josi, Maya, or Jill has an opposite effect than if you have neutral or chick affinity. It dries them out like you wouldn't believe. If you have DIK affinity with Bella, however, It is much easier to max her affection points. When it comes to the DIK/Chick affinity, there are specific checkpoints where your relationships can be scuttled, most notoriously in the library with Maya and Josi. There are others, though, especially with Jill. Bella seems fairly agnostic to your affinity although she will respond to your status. She is the odd duck in the pond. Basically, the only way to ruin the romance with her is to leave panties in her car. Sage can be had regardless of your affinity but you can reject her at multiple points. It is possible to ruin all the romances and be left with only the "others" choice during relationship montage but it is pretty funny because it ends up being a slideshow of random ass (Mine had Quinn, Riona, Camilla, Envy, and fucking Sarah). So the premise that affinity and status play no role is not correct. The argument of whether it plays too great a role and ruins immersion, however, would be an interesting discussion.
Affinity certainly matters, the question is how much. To me, it's of secondary importance in comparison to other factors. IMHO, saying a given run is a DIK run is less significant than saying it's a Sage run, for example. Neither is a full description, but I find the latter more informative on its own. YMMV.

As for whether the DIK/CHICK systems ruin immersion, I've discussed that to death. I think the combined system is a muddled mess, but it does a passable job as long as you don't sweat the details... and have a walkthrough.

Because they never had that special moment together at the picnic. The moment that made her realize he was right for her. You can't reschedule a moment like that, because you don't know you would have it. What you want is that Jill chooses the MC without the moment that made her realize he was right for her. That she ignores her own feelings because that's what you want. But that's not how reality works.

Let's say you met a girl. You are interested in each other. She comes to your door one day to surprise you but you don't have the time so you can't spend the time together. What you don't know is that that date would have had the special moment when she realized you were right for her. After that, smaller things happen but nothing that gives her the same realization so after a few weeks she decides it doesn't feel right and gives up.
Would you blame her for not feeling the way you want her to feel? Would you blame it on that date you never had and on her for not having that moment another time?
You can't force a person to fall in love with you at the time of your choosing. A missed moment can make or break a relationship.
You can't reschedule the moment, but you could reschedule the picnic. Why doesn't Jill do that?

It's not like Jill and the MC were strangers prior to Jill asking him out. If Jill's branch were gated by their first date, I would probably feel differently. But that date has already happened and (assuming you showed any interest in Jill), the two of them became quite hot and bothered for each other. So there are good odds an equivalent moment could have come up at another time if they kept hanging out. That never happens, though, because as soon as the MC fails to live up to Jill's mental image of the perfect boyfriend, she just writes him off.

So it's not that I blame her for failing to fall in love with the MC, I blame her for being so superstitious that she reads cosmic importance into a quirk of timing. I blame Jill for being painfully shallow and naive, and I blame the game for taking her side as though the MC was somehow in the wrong for prioritizing a friend in need over Jill's flight of fancy.

Or at least I would *if* I took the situation seriously. Instead I just avoid that particular occurrence and hope it never darkens my door again. :cautious:

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes