ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Episode 5's prologue was the longest so far, running for about 11 minutes, as it gave us the history as to how the DIKs were formed, and it gave us a look at Vinny's behaviour, so sure, a 60 minute intro is a lot longer, but I'd be shocked if it was simply boring.

I'll admit that none of these prologues are much to sit through on subsequent play throughs, because there is no interaction, no mc, and no lewd scenes. They are important to the game as it helps to set up the narrative, but they aren't the most fun part of the game.

I'm thinking this prologue will be a little different though. I'd be a little surprised if it was just 60 minutes of us reading dialogue between Zoey and a bunch of randoms.
Yeah, I assume we'll be doing something interactive this time; an hour long flashback would be murder. The real question is if we'll be the MC, Zoey, or something else.

If I was doing this, and I gotta say DPC is a lot better at this than I am, I'd play it out like this:
  • Rewind to mc's past and play out the initial scenes of the mc meeting Zoey, and give the player a few choices with their interaction.
  • Fast forward to when they are old enough to fuck, and play that out, in a much more interactive way than the flashback when the mc was telling Bella his story.
  • Give the mc a few more choices with Zoey that will help set the expectations for their future.
  • Have a slightly emotional goodbye scene with some interaction as to how they say goodbye and how the mc feels about it.
  • Skip ahead to Zoey settling in to San Diego, give her a bit of an adventure.
  • End with her showing up on Neil's doorstep.
After that, the players are ready for Zoey and all the trouble she'll bring. Some will like her, some won't, that goes for every single character in the game.
Eh, why not go for some last minute speculation. I'm guessing we'll play as Zoey:
  • We'll get a relatively short montage of the MC and Zoey's time together
  • The main action will start just before Zoey leaves. He'll decide to stay, we'll get a sad sex scene, and then Zoey is off to San Diego. (If we do play as Zoey, the MC's actions/dialog here will vary a bit depending on his Status and Affinity in the imported save.)
  • Zoey settles in and meets people, probably surfs a lot, and thinks of the MC often.
  • Zoey gets her new boyfriend, who is extremely camera shy.
  • Some sort of plot will emerge that will eventually propel Zoey back to the MC's hometown.
  • Zoey will visit Neil, explain anything we missed, and ask about the MC. His answer will somehow lead us to the cliffhanger.
Not very detailed, but it's not like we have much to work with.

Personally, if I were going to try writing this, I think I'd try to keep it from the MC's perspective.
  • It would start similarly, but we'd as the MC, giving us a chance to establish his original relationship with Zoey
  • Zoey's time in San Diego would be narrated to the MC by Zoey (before they lost contact with each other). We'd get the chance to establish the MC's feelings towards Zoey after her departure.
  • The final segment, covering Zoey's departure from San Diego and return, would be narrated to the MC by Neil following his meeting with Zoey.
  • The MC would then get to choose how he'll reach out to Zoey now that he knows she's back, discussing it with either his chosen girl(s) or Derek. They'd reference the meeting with the Burkes, which would then lead us into Episode 9 picking up where we left off in Episode 8.
I guess we'll see if either of those ideas are anything like DPC's script soon enough.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Yeah, I assume we'll be doing something interactive this time; an hour long flashback would be murder. The real question is if we'll be the MC, Zoey, or something else.

Eh, why not go for some last minute speculation. I'm guessing we'll play as Zoey:
  • The main action will start just before Zoey leaves. He'll decide to stay, we'll get a sad sex scene, and then Zoey is off to San Diego. (If we do play as Zoey, the MC's actions/dialog here will vary a bit depending on his Status and Affinity in the imported save.)
  • Zoey settles in and meets people, probably surfs a lot, and thinks of the MC often.
  • Some sort of plot will emerge that will eventually propel Zoey back to the MC's hometown.
  • Zoey will visit Neil, explain anything we missed, and ask about the MC. His answer will somehow lead us to the cliffhanger.
Not very detailed, but it's not like we have much to work with.

Personally, if I were going to try writing this, I think I'd try to keep it from the MC's perspective.
  • It would start similarly, but we'd play from the MC's perspective giving us a chance to establish his original relationship with Zoey
  • Zoey's time in San Diego would be narrated to the MC by Zoey (before they lost contact with each other). We'd get the chance to establish the MC's feelings towards Zoey after her departure.
  • The final segment, covering Zoey's departure from San Diego and return, would be narrated to the MC by Neil following his meeting with Zoey.
  • The MC would then get to choose how he'll reach out to Zoey now that he knows she's back, discussing it with either his chosen girl(s) or Derek. They'd reference the meeting with the Burkes, which would then lead us into Episode 9 picking up where we left off in Episode 8.
I guess we'll see if either of those ideas are anything like DPC's script soon enough.
I'm definitely not partial to be "playing the game as Zoey". Watching her background story is one thing, assuming her role... definitely not my cup of tea.

Since it's a bit of a prologue, I'd be surprised if it was narrated to the mc. We usually just witness the prologue scenes omnisciently, and the narration-style story telling has been left to Lynette's journal (with exceptions being the mc telling Bella about Zoey and the whacky sex scene with Riona narrating the action).

Personally, I'm quite looking forward to it. Definitely not full episode hype mode, but a subdued, "this should be good" kinda looking forward.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

or invisible...:unsure:

there has to be something that ties the interlude to what we've done so far, to the great choice of the eighth chapter.

that's why i think the closing of the prologue will be about MC's present, for example with Zoey looking at some pictures on MC's social networks related to the route he's following

according to me we will "play" Zoey essentially in minigames, not in the choices that will make, it would make little sense if they were important choices with consequences

fasdfaq123

Sep 6, 2020
I don't know if this is overkill, but what if Zoey is related to others like: Tommy, Vinny, Quinn, Buddy or Lana. that whole relationship can work as an impetus to get the MC involved in the drug plot and in turn make Zoey more important than a boom in the MC's relationships

Solorz

Apr 14, 2018
I don't know if this is overkill, but what if Zoey is related to others like: Tommy, Vinny, Quinn, Buddy or Lana. that whole relationship can work as an impetus to get the MC involved in the drug plot and in turn make Zoey more important than a boom in the MC's relationships
The word is connected, not related :D

I don't know maybe she is involved in gunpowder plot to blow up B&R because they didn't accept Steve.

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
does anyone know where the saves are that should be moved to Interlude? I want to make a back up
C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\BeingaDIK
Apologies for jumping in here - but based on what we've got so far, this information is incorrect. The BeingaDIK folder is where your regular saves are. Moving into the Interlude (and season 3), your transfer data will come from a different file.
%appdata%\RenPy\persistent is the folder where the file resides. In my case, the filename is titled BeingADIKSeason2Transfer1366998845.

DrSoong

Donor
Jan 8, 2022
At this rate we'll probably have Elder Scrolls 6 before the final season of BAD. Oh well, at least we're getting an interlude about a girl that no one cares about.
I hope, when DPC releasing seasons at the rate he does now, we will have TES 10 before BaD's last season, so we have a long time fun reading, chatting and enjoying the new chapters.

CheesusRice

Oct 24, 2021
Will the interlude even need game save data? I thought it was just a short primer on Zoey, you know tell us more about the character. I doubt there'll be any choices to be made, all this'll be about is what Zoey was up to from when she left to when she was walking up to MCs house. The people expecting this to be a normal episode are going to be disappointed.

Reactions: John Ness

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Will the interlude even need game save data? I thought it was just a short primer on Zoey, you know tell us more about the character. I doubt there'll be any choices to be made, all this'll be about is what Zoey was up to from when she left to when she was walking up to MCs house. The people expecting this to be a normal episode are going to be disappointed.
The Interlude is the start to Season 3. Subsequent releases of Season 3 (episodes 9, 10, 11 & 12) will just be updates and include the Interlude. This is the only time for Season 3 that you'll need to do the import. At the end of Season 3 (after episode 12) you'll export the saves and import them into Season 4 (episodes 13, 14, 15 & 16).

Casiope

Nov 30, 2017
Since the game creator himself specified that the interlude would be used to test the new save transfer, yes, a save file will be required. As it's not a stand-alone episode, we cannot rule out some actions may have consequences in Being a DIK season 3.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ilhares

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Damn...I had no idea. I thought this was going to be a standalone release/story only type thing.
It's still related to the mc's story, but it's definitely not an episode. You know the scenes that usually play out at the beginning of each episode (like when Maya and Josy are camping and have sex with each other for the first time), this is conceptually similar, but just a lot longer (1 hour instead of 3 minutes).

Oct 19, 2020
Can someone share saves for every girl. My saves are with cheat mode. DPC probably put another anti cheat bug. I don't wanna wait for fix.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes