AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
Does anyone know the time of the update or is that unknown?
The last time was at this time

Full Game links (v0.8.0)
NOTE! Try another link if your download fails.
Windows/Linux (19.5 GB)
- MEGA

macOS (19.5 GB)
- MEGA
If DPC uploads it at the same time and we are lucky between 10 hours or more, it is here

Reactions: salamander2

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
The last time was at this time

If DPC uploads it at the same time and we are lucky between 10 hours or more, it is here
So, more or less 10 hours to drop. Some minutes or 1 hour to dl. 1 more hour to play. Let's say in 15 hours this thread will be burning out with newest zoey's simps and haters.

Reactions: AchedCroissant

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Zoey and MC, but highly focused in Zoey.
I'd say almost entirely focused on Zoey. I believe the only MC you are going to get is a flashback sex scene with the two. And that is probably going to be it for full sex. Maybe a brief lesbian scene between Zoey and Amy Winehouse at the tattoo shop or on the beach, but no mas. DPC doesn't want to risk alienating players from Zoey by making her as big of a whore as MC is. In order for the LI drama to work back at B&R, the player must feel something (at least sympathy if not love) for Zoey by Interlude conclusion.

Anyway, the rest of the content will be the usual DPC adventures in san Diego and the story behind why Zoey returns to B&r city. If we do get to see anything in MC's hometown, it will likely be brief departure and arrival scenes set to sad music (a lot of purchased songs in this, apparently). Perhaps a traveling montage too.

drooopy

Feb 27, 2021
Maybe a brief lesbian scene between Zoey and Amy Winehouse at the tattoo shop or on the beach, but no mas. DPC doesn't want to risk alienating players from Zoey by making her as big of a whore as MC is.

Anyway, the rest of the content will be the usual DPC adventures in san Diego and the story behind why Zoey returns to B&r city. If we do get to see anything in MC's hometown, it will likely be brief departure and arrival scenes set to sad music (a lot of purchased songs in this, apparently). Perhaps a traveling montage too.
it's amazing how unexciting u make it sound

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
The biggest questions the interlude can answer is, is Zoey blue hair natural and are her boobs fake? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Happy up date eve I think the interlude will end up being very enjoyable at least I hope so during this horrible time. Then comes the fun of waiting for EP9 I just hope it comes before I start seeing Josy shape dots then of again those sound very nice:love::love:

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
Anybody else is experiencing problems with the site right about now, suddenly? some images are not loading up and sometimes when I reload the page it says some bullshit about certificates and that my connection is not private.
Maybe the forum is getting ready for tomorrow you know when episode 8 came out there was so much traffic on the forum that it was working badly for like 1 week or 2

The biggest questions the interlude can answer is, is Zoey blue hair natural and are her boobs fake? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Happy up date eve I think the interlude will end up being very enjoyable at least I hope so during this horrible time. Then comes the fun of waiting for EP9 I just hope it comes before I start seeing Josy shape dots then of again those sound very nice:love::love:
She is black haired :cry::ROFLMAO:

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
I just don't get it.
  • Did people skip the mc introducing his dad and his family situation at the beginning of episode 1? Who cares about Neil anyway!
  • Did they bail on the scene with Jade and Stephen fighting at the beginning of episode 3? I mean who wants to see domestic issues between a husband and a wife!
  • Did they completely ignore the camping scene with Maya, Josey, Derek and Lynn that made up the episode 4 prologue? I mean, why introduce Lynn, we'll probably never see her again!
  • What about the episode 5 prologue where Rusty & Tommy form the DIKs and we get to see Vinny and Nick joining up? Was that too much to endure? The mc hasn't even met Vinny, so what's the point?
  • Then there was episode 6's prologue where we got an insight into Rox and Buddy, did people want to skip that the first time too? Rox is dead, and Buddy is just a low life drug dealer, why bother?
  • Then in episode 7's prologue we got to meet Lana. Did people just fast forward through that scene? I mean Lana's dead, we can't fuck her right?
  • And most recently, the library scene with Bella and James made up the prologue for episode 8. Did it kill people to sit through that? I mean fuck James!
The Interlude is just another one of these prologues, giving us a back story for a character we know of, but don't know much about.

The thing is, the mc knows her very well, but we the player, hardly know her at all. If she showed up on the mc's doorstep, he'd be all kinds of things, thrilled to see his close/only friend from years back, maybe scared that he still has feelings for her while having (mildly) committed himself to another girl, maybe horny because she was indeed a good lay.

I mean the mc is gonna have a complex reaction to her return because she means a lot to him. But this, "Fuck her, I'm not interested in her" attitude means some players have failed to understand there is a story here.

We're slowly learning about the people in the mc's life:
  • His new acquaintances (the gang at B&R),
  • His old acquaintances (Zoey, Neil),
  • People he hasn't met yet (Vinny, Buddy); and
  • People he missed out on meeting all together (Rox, Lynette).
DPC has a story to tell here. Each character is part of the story. If you don't let him tell the story, the story is gonna be fucked up.

The most ironic thing here is we're getting the episode 9 prologue much sooner in the development cycle than any of the other prologues were released. Definitely a reason to be whining like little bitches... :rolleyes:

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Okay, non-topic related question. Is there a game tag-genre for games that have you manually play the game, like Treasure of Nadia, Evenicle 1, The Awakening, those types of games with maps, that you have to find clues and move in stupid mazes and temples, I'd like to avoid these kind of games at all costs. [IMPORTANT] I am not talking about free-roam, as BADIK has, tho.
I think "Sandbox" comes closest, but even that is a bit imprecise.

I can't take people seriously when they say they are not going to skip the update. You know you are going to download it. You are going to boot it up. Just soon as you hear that first guitar riff from Punk Rock Flu you are gonna be on board. If for no other reason than to bitch about it here on the board.
Eh, maybe. Normally I'd agree, but this time I sort of see their argument. From what we know (which is admittedly very little) this is an very self-contained chapter. It won't really give us a lot of insight into the rest of the game, so putting it off for a while has relatively low impact if you aren't eager to see Zoey.

I do plan to play the Interlude tomorrow (unless CoBD releases as well), but I certainly don't feel the anticipation I normally would. If there were other demands on my time this wouldn't be a particularly high priority.

I just don't get it.
  • Did people skip the mc introducing his dad and his family situation at the beginning of episode 1? Who cares about Neil anyway!
  • Did they bail on the scene with Jade and Stephen fighting at the beginning of episode 3? I mean who wants to see domestic issues between a husband and a wife!
  • Did they completely ignore the camping scene with Maya, Josey, Derek and Lynn that made up the episode 4 prologue? I mean, why introduce Lynn, we'll probably never see her again!
  • What about the episode 5 prologue where Rusty & Tommy form the DIKs and we get to see Vinny and Nick joining up? Was that too much to endure? The mc hasn't even met Vinny, so what's the point?
  • Then there was episode 6's prologue where we got an insight into Rox and Buddy, did people want to skip that the first time too? Rox is dead, and Buddy is just a low life drug dealer, why bother?
  • Then in episode 7's prologue we got to meet Lana. Did people just fast forward through that scene? I mean Lana's dead, we can't fuck her right?
  • And most recently, the library scene with Bella and James made up the prologue for episode 8. Did it kill people to sit through that? I mean fuck James!
Sure, but size matters. Those prologues didn't take an hour to play through. If we had to sit through 60 minutes of James and Bella delicately avoiding any actual information about their marriage while playing a book sorting mini-game, I would have been a lot harsher in my critique of Episode 8.

The Interlude is just another one of these prologues, giving us a back story for a character we know of, but don't know much about.

The thing is, the mc knows her very well, but we the player, hardly know her at all. If she showed up on the mc's doorstep, he'd be all kinds of things, thrilled to see his close/only friend from years back, maybe scared that he still has feelings for her while having (mildly) committed himself to another girl, maybe horny because she was indeed a good lay.

I mean the mc is gonna have a complex reaction to her return because she means a lot to him. But this, "Fuck her, I'm not interested in her" attitude means some players have failed to understand there is a story here.
I understand the story just fine, thank you. The problem is, you can't make me care about a character by subjecting me to her for a prolonged period of time. You need to interest me in the character first, otherwise the experience will at best be a tedious chore.

I know who Zoey is and why she's important to the MC, but I still don't care about her. The MC has spent the whole of Season 2 (allegedly) developing a relationship with the LIs and reached the point where he felt one was serious enough to commit to. IMHO, that means the new girl(s) must be at least as serious as it ever was with Zoey, since that's the only conceivable metric by which the MC could reach such a decision.

Unfortunately, that leaves Zoey out in the cold, and I don't see any way the Interlude could change that - short of retconning the game or including scenes with Zoey and the main cast interacting in the present. The former is (hopefully) ridiculous, and the latter seems impractical. Hence my concern over the direction of the story.

We're slowly learning about the people in the mc's life:
  • His new acquaintances (the gang at B&R),
  • His old acquaintances (Zoey, Neil),
  • People he hasn't met yet (Vinny, Buddy); and
  • People he missed out on meeting all together (Rox, Lynette).
DPC has a story to tell here. Each character is part of the story. If you don't let him tell the story, the story is gonna be fucked up.

The most ironic thing here is we're getting the episode 9 prologue much sooner in the development cycle than any of the other prologues were released. Definitely a reason to be whining like little bitches... :rolleyes:
Indeed, but the emphasis should be on slowly. The characters you mentioned have been explored at the pace of the overall story. We didn't need a special episode to learn Quinn's tragic origins, and I don't think Episode 6 would have been better if we got one anyway.

DPC had plenty of time to establish Zoey more gradually, but he put it off until now. That ups the Twist(tm), but it also ups our expectations AND increases the degree of difficulty. Hopefully he'll be up to the task and will pull this off anyway, but based on his track record I'm not feeling all that optimistic. DPC tends to struggle with big twists.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
I think "Sandbox" comes closest, but even that is a bit imprecise.

Eh, maybe. Normally I'd agree, but this time I sort of see their argument. From what we know (which is admittedly very little) this is an very self-contained chapter. It won't really give us a lot of insight into the rest of the game, so putting it off for a while has relatively low impact if you aren't eager to see Zoey.

I do plan to play the Interlude tomorrow (unless CoBD releases as well), but I certainly don't feel the anticipation I normally would. If there were other demands on my time this wouldn't be a particularly high priority.

Sure, but size matters. Those prologues didn't take an hour to play through. If we had to sit through 60 minutes of James and Bella delicately avoiding any actual information about their marriage while playing a book sorting mini-game, I would have been a lot harsher in my critique of Episode 8.

I understand the story just fine, thank you. The problem is, you can't make me care about a character by subjecting me to her for a prolonged period of time. You need to interest me in the character first, otherwise the experience will at best be a tedious chore.

I know who Zoey is and why she's important to the MC, but I still don't care about her. The MC has spent the whole of Season 2 (allegedly) developing a relationship with the LIs and reached the point where he felt one was serious enough to commit to. IMHO, that means the new girl(s) must be at least as serious as it ever was with Zoey, since that's the only conceivable metric by which the MC could reach such a decision.

Unfortunately, that leaves Zoey out in the cold, and I don't see any way the Interlude could change that - short of retconning the game or including scenes with Zoey and the main cast interacting in the present. The former is (hopefully) ridiculous, and the latter seems impractical. Hence my concern over the direction of the story.

Indeed, but the emphasis should be on slowly. The characters you mentioned have been explored at the pace of the overall story. We didn't need a special episode to learn Quinn's tragic origins, and I don't think Episode 6 would have been better if we got one anyway.

DPC had plenty of time to establish Zoey more gradually, but he put it off until now. That ups the Twist(tm), but it also ups our expectations AND increases the degree of difficulty. Hopefully he'll be up to the task and will pull this off anyway, but based on his track record I'm not feeling all that optimistic. DPC tends to struggle with big twists.
Episode 5's prologue was the longest so far, running for about 11 minutes, as it gave us the history as to how the DIKs were formed, and it gave us a look at Vinny's behaviour, so sure, a 60 minute intro is a lot longer, but I'd be shocked if it was simply boring.

I'll admit that none of these prologues are much to sit through on subsequent play throughs, because there is no interaction, no mc, and no lewd scenes. They are important to the game as it helps to set up the narrative, but they aren't the most fun part of the game.

I'm thinking this prologue will be a little different though. I'd be a little surprised if it was just 60 minutes of us reading dialogue between Zoey and a bunch of randoms.

If I was doing this, and I gotta say DPC is a lot better at this than I am, I'd play it out like this:
  • Rewind to mc's past and play out the initial scenes of the mc meeting Zoey, and give the player a few choices with their interaction.
  • Fast forward to when they are old enough to fuck, and play that out, in a much more interactive way than the flashback when the mc was telling Bella his story.
  • Give the mc a few more choices with Zoey that will help set the expectations for their future.
  • Have a slightly emotional goodbye scene with some interaction as to how they say goodbye and how the mc feels about it.
  • Skip ahead to Zoey settling in to San Diego, give her a bit of an adventure.
  • End with her showing up on Neil's doorstep.
After that, the players are ready for Zoey and all the trouble she'll bring. Some will like her, some won't, that goes for every single character in the game.

Regarding the speed at which DPC has seemingly decided to enamour us with Zoey, there are always techniques to pull that kind of thing off.

Last edited:

Mesmerizet

Mar 14, 2020
I really think that official Patreon posts (eg. repost) on threads on F95zone should come with a tag, that is searchable.
eg. Open topic, click [Official Patreon] and it shows the reposts. Would be like yiff.party but for F95zone threeads.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
I really think that official Patreon posts (eg. repost) on threads on F95zone should come with a tag, that is searchable.
eg. Open topic, click [Official Patreon] and it shows the reposts. Would be like yiff.party but for F95zone threeads.
There should be a release of the Interlude (mini episode / prologue) later today.

But just for the record, if you go to your user preferences, change your search order to be by date (rather than the default "relevance"), then search for N7's posts in this thread, you'll find his weekly status updates a lot more easily.

Here's the latest status update post:

https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-v0-8-2-dr-pinkcake.25332/post-7613049

Last edited:
Reactions: ename144
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes