PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
Ever since day one of this project, I've wanted to create the Halloween episode, and I'm euphoric right now as I'm doing it. I've been going over my old notes for the episode, laughing at jokes I forgot that I wrote years ago, and smiling at events that I know will be in the episode. I'm looking forward to making this episode as grand as I've pictured it.
I was wrong. So Halloween will be in this episode. It pleases!

Aside from writing and posing animations, I've been preparing close to 50-60 characters for the episode.
Too much.

The progress in numbers is roughly 200 static renders and 8 animations. Moreover, I've written more dialogue and code than the Interlude has already.
So, do I understand correctly, in a few weeks of parallel development, he has already written more dialogues and code than in the released Interlude?

I've prepared the environments for the first free-roam and even rendered and processed them. Free-roams usually take the most time to create out of everything, so it feels extra good that there's a chunk of progress made here already.
This is good news. Creating an environment for free-roams usually take a lot of time. So Pink managed to optimize the time for such a routine.

Branching is always something I enjoy creating, and it's among the trickier things to accomplish with this type of game. Everything needs to make sense, no matter which branch you're playing, and to make it interesting; the branches need to be different and show how choice can matter.
This was clear from the very end of episode 8. Branching is a complicated thing.
In addition, it is unclear how branching with Others will work. Will one branch split into several others? Pink wrote that he wants to make the content of one branch equal in size to the content of the other. The difficulty of the Other branches is that there are several characters in it, each of which has a mini-plot.
For example, Quinn has his own route. At the end of episode 8, it looks like Lily, Riona and Zoey will have their own ways. How will this be implemented? Will it just separate the path of Others to several parallel branches independent of each other?
As I've mentioned before, I'm trying to limit the episode size a tad, and I chose the episode I've been looking forward to a lot to do it with - which is a challenge.
So, he wants to make the episode shorter than usual, he doesn't know how.

P.S. I still hope for August. Judging by the update, the speed of its work has increased.

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
Forget reduced file size/content ... reading DPCs lines shows me he will not be able to restrict himself of putting in this thing in it... and this as well... oh ! and THIS... should be around the same as 8th episode ( maybe even more ! :KEK: ) so prep for an at least 5GB update ! ;):LOL:

IcemanVincy85

Nov 14, 2020
Forget reduced file size/content ... reading DPCs lines shows me he will not be able to restrict himself of putting in this thing in it... and this as well... oh ! and THIS... should be around the same as 8th episode ( maybe even more ! :KEK: ) so prep for an at least 5GB update ! ;):LOL:
:sneaky: Animation and render take space on memory, so for a light episode there won't be lewd scene at all..so it's impossible to have something less than 5GB, could be 4.8 but not far away from 5

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
There are two distinct and quite lengthy areas to discuss to bring you up to speed on the progress so far. One is regarding development that is just about episode 9, and the other is about development that goes far beyond episode 9 but needs to start now.
I bet he wants to say that episode 9 will be too big and, accordingly, the expectation too. Therefore, he want to offer two options: either wait for the entire episode in full or release it in parts as it was with the Interlude. My ass feels it. But his patrons will vote for the first option.

IcemanVincy85

Nov 14, 2020
I bet he wants to say that episode 9 will be too big and, accordingly, the expectation too. Therefore, he want to offer two options: either wait for the entire episode in full or release it in parts as it was with the Interlude. My ass feels it. But his patrons will vote for the first option.
If we must wait many month i want a long episode, with the branches will be long...the Others branches could make this episode complicated...if you add new girl to the game is even worse. I'd prefer to wait to have a long episode with few or zero bugs(it's impossible to create something without bugs) than have an hour episode that finish with a cliffhanger

D2M3

Jan 20, 2018
That ship has sailed when they both decided to stay silent at the departure... now they are acquaintances but anything more is up to the players immaturity so to say... in real life you don't jump around in relationships when something trivial as an old flame resurfaces... or if you do you bear it's consequences ;) :LOL: But anyhow I'm sure that Zoey will her fan base with her blue hair and overflow of tats on it's own... regarding looks ( personal opinion ) she doesn't have anything on the LIs and most of the side chicks either :p
I've no less than 3 idiot of old friends that burned their current relationships for their high school sweethearts/ flames.

One of those was an actual marriage being blown up.

You are seriously underestimating the stupidity of us, the male specimen.

D2M3

Jan 20, 2018
* guess who came to visit ?! Zoey !!! * ... Oh ! Bummer... Now what ? :p

* aren't you excited about this news ?! * ... And who cares at this moment why she came back... it's irrelevant from Fuckface' point of view... that's another story to unfold :devilish:

* she wanted to see you... * ... Fuck me !!! :rolleyes: ... Yeah that's probably right... I guess we all like salt on our wounds every now and then :LOL: Completely outlandish solution for this pinch to change your phone number... this has nothing to do with Jose since she never knew that old number of Fuckface... hence in their perspective the number is the same as the " old " ( for Jose :KEK: )

Obviously... we are not fucking tin cans we have feelings and even though Fuckface is over Zoey he's still showing interest about her friends well being... another atrocious act on Fuckface' behalf :ROFLMAO:

* she emptied my balls within a minute !!! she's a world class PRO !!! * :KEK:

Dunno why you are onto that rooster cluck so much... but anyhow if this is how you feel it's right then I accept ;)
I can already tell from this exchange, the War of the Wait for Episode 9 will be long, bloody and brutal.

• Haha
Reactions: Walter Victor

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
I've no less than 3 idiot of old friends that burned their current relationships for their high school sweethearts/ flames.

One of those was an actual marriage being blown up.

You are seriously underestimating the stupidity of us, the male specimen.
Nope in former posts I specified THIS too that you describe as idiot... not gonna take time nor effort to think about human stupidity ( infinite ) ...that my friend I leave it up for those 3 you mentioned... I'm not denying their existense I'm only ignoring them :KEK:

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

Post-release status
The release went smoothly, so I've been able to work on episode 9 this week. I will release any changes to the Interlude in the form of bug fixes and typos together with episode 9 (v0.9.0). I will release the walkthrough for the Interlude later this month.

It should come as no surprise that the development of episode 9 will take more time than the Interlude. It's going to be a full-fledged episode, and I'm unsure about the size of it.

As I've mentioned before, I'm trying to limit the episode size a tad, and I chose the episode I've been looking forward to a lot to do it with - which is a challenge.

Ever since day one of this project, I've wanted to create the Halloween episode, and I'm euphoric right now as I'm doing it. I've been going over my old notes for the episode, laughing at jokes I forgot that I wrote years ago, and smiling at events that I know will be in the episode. I'm looking forward to making this episode as grand as I've pictured it.

There are two distinct and quite lengthy areas to discuss to bring you up to speed on the progress so far. One is regarding development that is just about episode 9, and the other is about development that goes far beyond episode 9 but needs to start now.

To avoid making this post too long, I've decided to split this topic in half, talk about the first half today, and leave the second half for next week's post. Today, I'm going to talk about the episode 9 development only.

Episode 9 development
After episode 8, we've ended up with some major branches, as you can tell.

Branching is always something I enjoy creating, and it's among the trickier things to accomplish with this type of game. Everything needs to make sense, no matter which branch you're playing, and to make it interesting; the branches need to be different and show how choice can matter.

For every render, animation, line of code, and piece of content you put in a branch, you take away from the perceived episode length for all other branches. To get the feeling that you're playing a long episode, you need to put in much more effort than when you create something more linear, e.g., the Interlude.

When I started episode 9 development, the first thing I did was write the shell for it. I know how to start the episode, I know how to end the episode, and I've mapped out many key events in between.

After that, I add more and more events along the way while constantly balancing the content put into the branches I've created. For instance, Sage's branch must get approximately the same amount of unique scenes and content as Isabella or any other branch. Striving for this balance gives the best experience for every player.

After the episode shell is made, I plan the lewd events and parts of the needed animations. I need to stay efficient, so I often start working on animations early. That ensures that I utilize my PCs to the max.

As soon as animations are rendering, I start writing the episode. I start posing static renders and preparing characters for different scenes if I need a break.

That is the basic start-up flow of development for me and just about the current progress.

I've posed two animations over 1 minute long each during these last weeks. It's unfair to call them two animations because they collectively consist of 26 animations. Not only that, they have already been rendered and put in the game and synchronized to new music. I can confidently say that I've never been more proud of any animation work than both of these animations. When playing, they give a cinematic feeling, and I can't wait to show you what they are.

I've almost finished posing animations for the first lewd scene of the episode. For those who wished for more lewd scenes in the Interlude, you'll be happy to know that there will be plenty of it in episode 9. It's been tough limiting the plans in this area, but I had to draw a line somewhere.

Aside from writing and posing animations, I've been preparing close to 50-60 characters for the episode. There will be some cosmetic polls in the future, but sadly most of the Halloween costumes are planned, so I won't be able to give you the freedom to choose Halloween costumes for many girls, or it would mess up my writing and the episode story.

I've prepared the environments for the first free-roam and even rendered and processed them. Free-roams usually take the most time to create out of everything, so it feels extra good that there's a chunk of progress made here already.

I've also worked on mini-games, and this is where I will stop the status update today and leave it to be discussed in next week's post.

The progress in numbers is roughly 200 static renders and 8 animations. Moreover, I've written more dialogue and code than the Interlude has already.

My goals in the near future are to continue posing animations and writing. I want to post previews and polls for episode 9 as well.

The full-time development on episode 9 has officially started.
Oh my, that was unexpected! We not only learn Episode 9 will contain the much anticipated Halloween party, we also get a full render count! I'm forced to forgive DPC for any Interlude related sins now. Well played, sir.

At any rate, DPC has completed 200 static renders and 8 animations and it's been a week since the Interlude was released. By convention, that gives him a rate of 200 statics and 8 animations per week; obviously we know DPC has been working on them longer than that, but we don't know the details and those numbers are actually not too far out of line with one of DPC's productive weeks, so I'll leave it this way for simplicity. Let's chart 'em!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Hard to say much from one data point, but at least we're underway. Obviously the size of Episode 9 is still to be determined, and we don't know if DPC's art productivity will remain steady (much less his desire to report it), so for now we're stuck with wild speculation. These charts suggest we're on pace to match Episode 8's size somewhere between July (statics) and October (animations). That's not really telling us anything we didn't already know, but at least we're underway.

Personally, I've lost my taste for the Halloween episode and I'd much rather get some hefty character development than a bunch of lewd scenes, but I'm glad we're not dragging out the wait. And DPC's enthusiasm is a good sign. But I'll admit I'm most interested in whatever it is he plans to talk about next week. I just hope it has more numbers!

ArchieMDM

Apr 23, 2018
Hello everyone !
I think I'm stuck. I'm at the party at the DIK mansion (when they're all concerned about their missing laptop and Cathy's photo's leak) I've talked to everyone, clicked everywhere but nothing happens. Tommy tells me it's not the time to talk to him and I can't find Quinn (the roof? how to get there?) I entered all the available rooms and spoke to all the clickable characters but my task still displays " Talking with people"...
How end the Free roam and continue the story please ?

Thx <3

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
Hello everyone !
I think I'm stuck. I'm at the party at the DIK mansion (when they're all concerned about their missing laptop and Cathy's photo's leak) I've talked to everyone, clicked everywhere but nothing happens. Tommy tells me it's not the time to talk to him and I can't find Quinn (the roof? how to get there?) I entered all the available rooms and spoke to all the clickable characters but my task still displays " Talking with people"...

Thx <3
Welp you must have missed one or two who you MUST talk to... after doing that Quinn will appear outta thin air where Tommy is located... ;)

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
Use a walktrough, there's an official one and a unofficial, both on page 1 this thread. ;)

Reactions: ArchieMDM

ArchieMDM

Apr 23, 2018
Use a walktrough, there's an official one and a unofficial, both on page 1 this thread. ;)
Yep, that's exactly what I'm doing right now, luckily my save from yesterday stopped at the start of the party, I was able to start again with the walkthrough to not miss anything, but I'm still stuck at the same moment.

The Walkthrough says :
" Talk to Rusty in his room.
End the free-roam event by talking to Tommy and Quin"

But i can't find Rusty or Quinn and Tommy don't want to talk to me...

Edit:
It's good I found Rusty, the game is great but the mode of movement is not clear

Last edited:
Reactions: RonnieBoi

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
The Walkthrough says :
" Talk to Rusty in his room.
End the free-roam event by talking to Tommy and Quin"

But i can't find Rusty or Quinn and Tommy don't want to talk to me...
Tommy is upstairs alone, go right or up arrow there (arrows sometimes weird, can't remember exact either lol) to go to Rusty's room, after you talked with him go back and Tommy should be same spot with Quinn.

You've been in the hall with Riona yet btw? You can talk with several people there, toilet is blocked but you can visit the library and a tv room there too...

Last edited:
Reactions: ArchieMDM

ArchieMDM

Apr 23, 2018
Exact thank you, I ended up finding, there is a black arrow on a black background behind Tommy at the level of the stairs, I did not see it -_-" yet I have been there a number of times! thank you!
otherwise yes, I had already talked to everyone else and kissed Riona in the hallway. I just have to find Rusty to be able to move forward.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 1,527 Votes