hakuna-matata

May 30, 2020
They're marked as a game developer, I just assumed it was a ridiculous attempt at an April fool's joke.
I am an IT tech for a sector in the government. You'd be surprised how many stupid people are employed. You start to wonder how these people got jobs. No joke, I had an employee ask me the other day how to copy/paste a file into a share drive.

Nothing surprises me anymore. I've been told "Never underestimate someones stupidtiy". It's absolutely true.

Last edited:

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
I was assuming worse case scenario Episode 9 for October but seeing numbers already is pretty promising. Could be looking at a July/August release?
I wouldn't count on it. There's a lot more that goes into developing an update with a game like BaDIK then just renders and animations. I honestly wouldn't expect an update no earlier than maybe early September.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

I hope everyone's excited about the weekend. To kick it off, I have an announcement to make.

I've been working on a side project lately since last year's survey showed me who you wanted to see more of.

And today, I can proudly announce a new project named Being a Dawe, with a story centered around the jocks' struggle on campus.

View attachment 1734093

You'll see some familiar lovable faces like Dawe, Chad, and Anthony, and not to mention popular girls like Arieth and background character #2.

There will also be a new character named April, last name Fools.

Haha, I hope I got some of you with that, but I doubt it.

Development news
This week I worked mainly on static renders. I've focused on Josy/Maya, Others, and Jill branches. Sage and Bella already got similar treatment before this.

The current progress is ~800 static renders and 40 animations.

We're still very early on in development, yet ironically we have surpassed the produced content of the Interlude now.

I've almost reached a point where I will focus on free-roam events and lewd scenes for several weeks. I have many, oh so many, planned animations to pose. So, I hope you'll be ok with hearing me ramble about that for a while.

But first, I will isolate myself and write as much dialogue as possible this next week. I need more written material to continue creating art.

Poll news
Josy was the winner in the last week's poll. She will receive a Special render set in episode 9.

She hasn't gotten a Special render set since Episode 1, so I'm very excited about making a new one for her; it's been long overdue, and I will do my best.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
Yay, we get numbers! :D And they are a bit interesting.

It appears that DPC has completed 600 static renders and 32 animations in the three weeks since he last revealed any numbers. That's a rate of 200 static renders and 10.7 animations per week. Overall, he's averaging approximately 200 statics and 9.3 animations per week since the Interlude launched. Here are the latest charts:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
As you can see, DPC has been making steady progress. Indeed, the static render count is so steady one might assume he's rendering to a quota (or just rounding the numbers off). But the positive news is that this pace is much higher than the pace during the Interlude. It's even higher than his average during Episode 8, though he had some periods that surpassed it. If DPC can keep this up, we could conceivably see an Episode 8 Episode 7-sized release in the August range. I doubt it will work out that way, but I'd much rather fall off from this pace than from the pace he'd been keeping previously. Here's hoping!

This is all the more impressive given the time he must have spent on Being a Dawe. Personally I'm eager to try Background Character #2's path. :p More seriously, I am definitely curious about these branches he's working on and just how different they will make the BaDIK experience.

Last edited:

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
I'm setting up a MDIK Others No Main save ad just noticed there is a very out of place castle in the scene where Derik installs Swyper on the MC's phone. It's probably nothing but it's the first time I saw it. I don't pay a lot of attention to the backgrounds of the game. Aside from the new candy lying around after Quinn has been in a scene in the area.

pic.png

jak1165

Mar 10, 2018
the problem is that Fuckface with Sage is a complete idiot, without excuse

everything that happens in chapter 7 is unmotivated and without any consequence
Yes. Heart make guy do dumb thing if he think about pretty girl

Happens. Not exactly stretching my suspension of disbelief

jak1165

Mar 10, 2018
I was with the same girl for nearly 7 years. I think back sometime and want to kick myself in the dick for going back to her multiple times even after she broke up with me like 3 times.

Dudes can be absolute morons for no reason lol

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
When you were discussing around here and theorizing you kept saying the MC doesn't see anything about Mona and Burke, just the players see it and because I haven't played in a while I took your word for it. Well surprise.

screenshot0010.png screenshot0011.png screenshot0012.png

He has all the info in the world to put two and two together but for plot reason he just doesn't. MC might not be the brightest in the room, but come on, he is not Dawe level.

JETracktor

Apr 14, 2021
I'm setting up a MDIK Others No Main save ad just noticed there is a very out of place castle in the scene where Derik installs Swyper on the MC's phone. It's probably nothing but it's the first time I saw it. I don't pay a lot of attention to the backgrounds of the game. Aside from the new candy lying around after Quinn has been in a scene in the area.

View attachment 1734992
That's White Castle
Harold-Kumar-01.jpg

JETracktor

Apr 14, 2021
When you were discussing around here and theorizing you kept saying the MC doesn't see anything about Mona and Burke, just the players see it and because I haven't played in a while I took your word for it. Well surprise.

View attachment 1735054 View attachment 1735055 View attachment 1735057

He has all the info in the world to put two and two together but for plot reason he just doesn't. MC might not be the brightest in the room, but come on, he is not Dawe level.
You can end this roam before you get this Burke scene and MC starts wander why Mona left.
If you saw this scene MC pretty much got it.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Yay, we get numbers! :D And they are a bit interesting.

It appears that DPC has completed 600 static renders and 32 animations in the three weeks since he last revealed any numbers. That's a rate of 200 static renders and 10.7 animations per week. Overall, he's averaging approximately 200 statics and 9.3 animations per week since the Interlude launched. Here are the latest charts:
As you can see, DPC has been making steady progress. Indeed, the static render count is so steady one might assume he's rendering to a quota (or just rounding the numbers off). But the positive news is that this pace is much higher than the pace during the Interlude. It's even higher than his average during Episode 8, though he had some periods that surpassed it. If DPC can keep this up, we could conceivably see an Episode 8 Episode 7-sized release in the August range. I doubt it will work out that way, but I'd much rather fall off from this pace than from the pace he'd been keeping previously. Here's hoping!

This is all the more impressive given the time he must have spent on Being a Dawe. Personally I'm eager to try Background Character #2's path. :p More seriously, I am definitely curious about these branches he's working on and just how different they will make the BaDIK experience.
As always86 was kind enough to point out, my charts were incorrectly using the render totals from Episode 7 as a baseline, not Episode 8. My apologies for the error. Here are the corrected versions:
This makes the disparity between animations and static renders more sharp: DPC would hit these static totals around the end of July, but the animations would take until late October. Obviously in reality he would likely ease off on statics and speed up his animation work as it became clear they were going to be the bottleneck, so a combined completion of somewhere in mid-September is probably a fair assessment.

Of course, it's also possible the new format will require a higher static ratio due to all the branches, in which case a Halloween release becomes a serious possibility. Or it might even be that the branching just plain requires more artwork of every kind, in which case all bets are off. And there's even a chance Episode 9 will be a bit smaller in scope, in which case we might get it sooner than expected. We'll have to wait until DPC gives us a better sense of how big Episode 9 will be before we can tell for sure. His early comments suggested that he wants to keep the size of the update manageable, but that may prove easier said than done.

For now, at least he's making decent progress regardless of how far away the eventual destination is.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Of course, it's also possible the new format will require a higher static ratio due to all the branches
That's what I think will likely happen personally. If he does want to keep the episodes at a manageable size that could mean the branches will be something to a lesser scale than what I'm imagining or that they will cause the episode to be larger and he will not be able to scale them down for a lack of a better phrase. It's not like the episode have been small to begin with so if he wants to add more content and not have them bloated, size wise, he's going to have a hard time of it.

Reactions: NebulousShooter

Dmob_6438

Dec 17, 2020
wow I been on other threads but I have never seen a thread have 9,000 comments and reply. Also you know what would be cool if this Game had a what if. Kinda like marvel what if but in this game it show us what would’ve happened if events ended up differently

Reactions: Ajghz
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes