shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
It's cute you think 7.50/hr is going to pay you 10 grand a year part time. I mean, full time that's 15 grand a year.
I don't know where you live but minimum wage is 13.20 in my area, over 15 in the city.
If you're aiming for a job at Burger King (like the bottom of the fucking rank as far as I'm concerned - literally flipping burgers), you're already looking at almost $10/hr (9.85 if you wanna get specific).

So even at 10$/hr, a couple of 4 hour shifts during the week and an 8 hour shift over the weekend, that's close to 8K a year (minus 10% on taxes), and we've just started at the bottom of the barrel.

Here's a bunch of part time job ideas that pay better:

So like yeah, they all pay better than (as d3philer puts it) sitting around being bisexual.

It really comes down to if you wanna get off your ass and make some money, or if you're waiting for a hand out.

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
If you're aiming for a job at Burger King (like the bottom of the fucking rank as far as I'm concerned - literally flipping burgers), you're already looking at almost $10/hr (9.85 if you wanna get specific).

So even at 10$/hr, a couple of 4 hour shifts during the week and an 8 hour shift over the weekend, that's close to 8K a year (minus 10% on taxes), and we've just started at the bottom of the barrel.

Here's a bunch of part time job ideas that pay better:

So like yeah, they all pay better than (as d3philer puts it) sitting around being bisexual.

It really comes down to if you wanna get off your ass and make some money, or if you're waiting for a hand out.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, No. This game takes place in america where the minimum wage almost everywhere is 7.25/hr. That's 15 grand/yr gross pay at 40 hrs a week. These jobs don't pay as much as y'all think they do.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
She may say that and it may work in favor of DPC's story for her but that's only if you completely disregard the fact that she is an adult in collage. The only one making her listen to her father is herself and DPC. She's not home anymore to where it would even be an issue. But then again Josy gets "grounded" like a twelve year old as well, seemingly just for an excuse for why she can't contact anyone after your date with her.
Maya believes her father will stop the loan forcing her to drop her studies and needing to find somewhere to live, a job and paying back the debt and getting no education. The blackmail as she told MC just doesn't leave much space to even act with an adult attitude, she believes she is a prisoner, she believes free tuition is the answer.

How much of the blackmail contract is even true doesn't really matter, she fears going against her father's will and more or less secretly tries to get a scholarship. She's in the HOT's but remains in her coed room just because daddy might pay a visit...
Every sunday she eat's with the parents, more or less in the hope daddy will do less surprise visits...
Perhaps she could get a job and maybe it all would work out, but she's not willing to take the risk out of fear...

She's 18-19 years old, had a sheltered youth and upbringing in a religious family. We see her twin brother Derek is let completely loose and unsupervised. Just being a girl already means less free, let alone one with lesbian (sodomy!) tendencies.
Yeah, each child has to grow into an independent adult but that doesn't mean once they reach the age of 18 they are one.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, No. This game takes place in america where the minimum wage almost everywhere is 7.25/hr. That's 15 grand/yr gross pay at 40 hrs a week. These jobs don't pay as much as y'all think they do.
You should take your own advice.

Not gonna get into most of that, but the average Student worker salary in the US as of 2022 is $11.14/h.
Here's a better link that shows state by state minimum wages, ranging from highest to lowest:

Maya believes her father will stop the loan forcing her to drop her studies and needing to find somewhere to live, a job and paying back the debt and getting no education. The blackmail as she told MC just doesn't leave much space to even act with an adult attitude, she believes she is a prisoner, she believes free tuition is the answer.

How much of the blackmail contract is even true doesn't really matter, she fears going against her father's will and more or less secretly tries to get a scholarship. She's in the HOT's but remains in her coed room just because daddy might pay a visit...
Every sunday she eat's with the parents, more or less in the hope daddy will do less surprise visits...
Perhaps she could get a job and maybe it all would work out, but she's not willing to take the risk out of fear...

She's 18-19 years old, had a sheltered youth and upbringing in a religious family. We see her twin brother Derek is let completely loose and unsupervised. Just being a girl already means less free, let alone one with lesbian (sodomy!) tendencies.
Yeah, each child has to grow into an independent adult but that doesn't mean once they reach the age of 18 they are one.
She just needs some good advice. If the Burkes actually listened to her situation as she sees it, they should be able to call bullshit.

But yeah, even Josy complains to the mc that she thinks Maya is just giving up. She's looking for quick fixes and they don't work.

deuxrayme

Nov 4, 2018
Barring Jade being so angry at the MC that she refuses to help her daughter's friend, a simple conversation between her an Maya will wrap up this story line and allow the game to move on. The money Josy is paying to keep her dorm room hers on paper would really help Maya with this problem. I went to a state school and not a private one like B&R but my room and board was almost 1:1 with my tuition (iirc).

ETA: Our dense MC also took out loans and we all know Neil didn't read the paperwork, so Tremolo should have a better idea about how student loans work but alas he is denser than lead.

Last edited:

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
But yeah, even Josy complains to the mc that she thinks Maya is just giving up. She's looking for quick fixes and they don't work.
I agree with you, that Maya doesnt really think long term and just tries to snipe every opportunity that comes her way, but although its never mentioned in the game, except once from the MC after the Chad fight, there are other costs that she would have to consider if she wants 100% freedom from her dad.

I was super lucky, beeing german-american, I studied in both countries and 1 year in Australia. And when I was overseas ( Germany and Australia ) the first thing I always panicked about was Health Insurance. No idea if its still the same but you cant even study in germany or australia without HI, where as in the US its all fair game. Now we're never told but Im just gonna assume that her parents took advantage of family-student plans and both Derek and Maya are insured under their parents plan.

So if Maya wants to totally disconnect from her dad, health insurance would most definitely have to factor into her plans. Its impossible to predict costs, there are a billion providers and even more plans for each provider, but it wouldnt be cheap.

Of course she could always just yolo it for those 4 years, but Maya doesnt seem like the yolo kinda girl :D

Reactions: shazba

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
Barring Jade being so angry at the MC that she refuses to help her daughter's friend, a simple conversation between her an Maya will wrap up this story line and allow the game to move on.
Unless DPC plans to get Zoey into the Burke free tuition plan storyline, i'm afraid Maya's troubles will not be over till Burke and Quinn are exposed. It would really make no sense at all the meeting will just be "sure Maya, here's a scholarship!"...
Either her father pops up again or Burke will want something, whatever happens it will scream drama. All this time DPC made us follow her storyline with the threat of her going into prostitution for a scholarship.... So yeah, Jade not coming to the rescue..

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
Shit, now I noticed the black ring that he wears on his ring finger. A black ring worn on any finger other than the middle one symoblizes that the wear is a swinger and is open to being approached for such things. Which would explain why would Burke smirk when he watches the video.

If he wore it on the middle finger it would have been weird, because that means that the wear is asexual and isn't interested like at all being approached for sex.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: DarkKiller

CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
20 minutes into the prelude.

Seriously, PinkCake? Might aswell call Zoey... Chloe Price and call it a day.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes