fasdfaq123

Sep 6, 2020
I think dr pinkcake is loosing what he do best with these games, i mean i liked this and acting lesson because of story, but he is focusing on minigames and stuff like that too much, it was same with few previous patches, those minigames just doesnt work. Those minigames, 2d art and other stuff just feels too forced to game like this, story and scenes are reason why people like pinkcakes games.
[/CITA]
Certainly the mini-game of the exams, in this case the English one, can get annoying, if you are re-playing the game. But like everything else it takes a minute, without of course, adding all the accessories and power-ups that the game gives you.

In my opinion this is what makes badik more of a game than just story (despite the limitations of ren-py). I mean, free roams for example, are something that some people don't like, because they waste time in what can be a transitional moment. In my opinion this VN is the one that takes the most advantage of those moments of transition, or rest, so to speak. Just look at the mechanics of the Clucks, or for example in episode 8 the Basketball mini game, the game simply understands the concept of interactivity developed by the perfectionism of the creator.

Note: the beer mini-game and the room cleaning game (they are the least creative, but in the case of the room cleaning game, it doesn't matter if you fail).

ashencone

Sep 21, 2021
Correct me if I'm wrong, but is not Maya overreacting?
I mean, the only thing she has to avoid is to meeting with Josy in the open or stay in the same dorm. They could fool around in MC's room, or pretty much anywhere else in the campus. It's not like Patrick has appointed private investigators to track her (did he?)

ashencone

Sep 21, 2021
I think dr pinkcake is loosing what he do best with these games, i mean i liked this and acting lesson because of story, but he is focusing on minigames and stuff like that too much, it was same with few previous patches, those minigames just doesnt work. Those minigames, 2d art and other stuff just feels too forced to game like this, story and scenes are reason why people like pinkcakes games.
It's an acquired taste, I would say. I love the mini-games. As a strategy game fan, the mansion mini game is my favourite. I even went so far to create a simulator in Rust to test out the best strategies. I get it that some people don't like it, but I would say most are either indifferent or actively enjoy it as a separate challenge.

Casiope

Nov 30, 2017
A thing I forgot to mention about minigames is that they promote immersion. In Final Fantasy, you hear about the Chocobo race before you get to play it; Geralt of Rivia (The Witcher 3) witnesses the Gwent card game before becoming a player in the first-person view. The minigames thus promote roleplay, the passage from spectator to actor to experience this same world firsthand.

I would have been disappointed if the exams in Being a DIK were carried out without effort by a major choice Passed/Failed. Dr PinkCake felt there was an opportunity to insert a spelling, a deduction, and a memorization exercise.

But like many who are not fluent in English, the first minigame is not my cup of tea. And had Dr PinkCake come up with a design similar to Wordle, maybe the New York Times would have bought his creation, who knows?

Last edited:

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
Correct me if I'm wrong, but is not Maya overreacting?
I mean, the only thing she has to avoid is to meeting with Josy in the open or stay in the same dorm. They could fool around in MC's room, or pretty much anywhere else in the campus. It's not like Patrick has appointed private investigators to track her (did he?)
Have you ever heard the term "Wilderness of Mirrors" ? Its a spy term, when someone is on a mission for too long and too deep into it. The mind disconnects from constantly being on the look-out and always being on edge and friends or foes become indistinguishable. Its not that Patrick is always at B&R or even often, its that Maya doesnt know WHEN he will pop up and that it has been going on for so long.

Maya seems exhausted and on the verge of cracking, she even said maybe she should just take it, wait 3.5 more years and then finally be free. I dont know how she would take another disappointment, if Sage's plan doesnt pan out. Girl deserves a break.

Jan 7, 2022
My unpopular opinion is that the mini games are a total waste of time and he should just focus on writing and rendering a visual novel.

ashencone

Sep 21, 2021
The guide has been updated to Interlude – Riding the Waves

My walkthrough focuses on the player’s choices and features many links and references to better understand their longterm consequences in the story.

I wrote this guide first because Being a DIK is fun and because the official is sometimes confusing while omitting some useful data. Whether you want to maximize your success with the love interests, or you are playing the game for the first time, you will find the answers to your questions. Thanks for adding a Like if you value it. Enjoy the game and good reading to you!

Read it and download it from and Google Drive

Choices & Outcomes | Rewards & Pack Quests | Art & Wallpapers | Vault codes | Renovation of ΔIK house | Timeline​
Finally, someone who knows how to write a modern guide. Thank you so much!
What are you using to make the PDF, if you don't mind? You are definitely not manually putting all that decoration for every page.
For my 1st year assignment, I made an website which parsed markdown into html, and then styled the html, then exported as PDF.

Reactions: Topper69

Ir0n Ma1den

Jun 15, 2021
I actually like the mini games, some are good while others are repetetive. I do agree that there should be a healthy balance between free roam and story. In the end of Episode 2 it was kinda of broken, where there was too much open world lass story.

I love the intrections in the phone, Swyper and rooster are great additions.

Off topic- so I can't date Jill if I'm a dik, strange choise sad

Reactions: jak1165

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
Well cant really agree here... As i would say, many people playing being a dik like the minigames. You can see that if you go through this thread or on steam and other platforms... yeah there are complains about the minigames, but well.. you can skip them entirely. And like there are complains... at least there are as many who like the minigames a lot.

And you think the mingames became a bigger part over the patches and the story kinda suffer from this... nope, cant agree here. In fact the patches are just getting bigger and bigger overall, so yeah, more mingames, but more story, renders, and ongoing things too.

What i do admit... i dont like to play the same minigame over and over again just to get some ingame money to spend into special renders and such. I do like the mingames, but after the 10th time playing brawler, shuffle or such its getting annoying at some point... but i do it anyway for the ingame goods. Wish there would be an option to skip minigames after a while in the game if i succeeded them more than 5 times for example. And the mansion minigame was really nice, but if you make mulitple playthroughs, yeah its getting annoying aswell... but as i said, you can choose to skip them at the start... for me i just wish there would be the option tu turn them off later too...

But no, i dont think that other content falls behind cause of the minigames, really not. somebody did an amazing tableau with the render and animations count for each episode (cant find it in the thread anymore, cuase... this thread is exploding so much)... well nearly every episode is 25% bigger in animation and render count than the one before... and... yeah... minigames doesnt have this kind of animations and dont need many renders. So you do think the other content is getting less attention and the minigames "cut off" something, but in fact its not the way... i think you "feel" that way, like windy weather makes you feel colder than the actual degrees are, but youre feelings arent right in that department.

and for the development... like in the update today posted by DPC, i think he is doing the coding for the minigame in the development phases where he cant do much else, like when all his equipment is rendering animations and such. these animations take a while, especially made that good like DPC does... but in the meantime he can focus on other things like writing and coding minigames for example, and he is exactly doing this right now, and i dont think that the other work will suffer from that...

i complained sometimes that i do think the overall development time is increasing with less content coming out, but i was corrected in that department a while ago (as i mentioned there is a post from somebody who put the render and animations count in relations to the time when the epsiodes were released... in fact DPC has done the same animations and renders in the same amount of time, sometimes even faster)

That said... i think the mingames do add some butter on the toast, but doesnt take the place of the marmelade cause the marmelade is on top :)

Nov 17, 2018
I'm writing this in case I'm not the only one who had the game crash while looking through the gallery.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'images/season2/gallery/ep8_sage.png'>:
IOError: Couldn't find file 'images/season2/gallery/ep8_sage.png'.

Here's what you have to do:
1. Dowload this tool - https://f95zone.to/threads/unren-ba...compiler-console-developer-menu-enabler.3083/
2. P
ut 'UnRen-0.91.bat' into the \game folder
3. Run it and choose option "1) Extract RPA packages (in game folder)"
5. Navigate to BeingADIK-0.8.2-pc\game\images\season2\gallery
6. Create 2 copies of any particular picture from that folder and then respectively rename them to "ep8_sage" and "ep8_sage_hover"

That should fix it.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 1,528 Votes