shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020

This will be a short and sweet update.

Since last Friday, I have posed ~300 renders and 19 animations.

130 animations are fully produced, and I have 22 animations in the render queue; the total when the current work is finished is thus 152 animations.

I have just started work on a branching solo lewd scene, and I will spend next week animating it and making any renders needed for it. I expect to finish all animations from that scene and continue working on static renders before next Friday.

Poll news
In this week's 2D art poll, the results of the tiered polls were split.

After tallying the votes, the winning combination was

• Girl: Lily
  • Position: Her on top
  • Environment: Beach
I'll order a 2D wallpaper and a 2D animation and include them in episode 9.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
Yay Lily! :p

OFT

Jan 6, 2020
To be fair, Sage is the only LI not to have a backstory flashback scene. I imagine if DPC were to give her one, it seems like a fitting place after Chapter 8's ending. I mean, even Quinn got one, Rusty and Tommy.

Sage agrees:

Sage agrees.gif

I have just started work on a branching solo lewd scene

WTF?

I hope he's talking about something along the lines of female autocunnilingus, and not some bristlehead perv whacking it while watching a video of his wife polishing the MC's pole.

EDIT: After re-reading that update, I see he's probably talking about solo girl paths and not an actual solo lewd scene. I stand by my comment regardless.

Last edited:

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
I wonder what it could be? :unsure: A choice between several girls available for sex as in episode 7 (sex with Sage blocks sex with Lily) or just one girl can have several sex options as in sex with Riona and Camila? I bet he's taken up posing for Halloween sex scenes.

Bendover885

Jan 29, 2020
What are you talking about? We had a Sage flashback. We saw her with her even worse-colored hair when she was starting out at B&R. ;)
The Chapter 8-9 transition probably will mirror the 3-4 transition: big shocking cliffhanger, followed by a flashback that fills in the details.

Also, really? That's the big Sage flashback, when every other LI backstory took more than a few renders as part of a larger backstory of 2 major supporting characters?

LizaS

Jan 20, 2022

130 animations are fully produced, and I have 22 animations in the render queue; the total when the current work is finished is thus 152 animations.

I have just started work on a branching solo lewd scene, and I will spend next week animating it and making any renders needed for it. I expect to finish all animations from that scene and continue working on static renders before next Friday.

Poll news

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
ename144 where you at with the charts?
Is this week's render production, off the charts? :Kappa:

• Hey there
Reactions: ename144

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
Since the word branching was used it would be a side girl like Lily going with the preview from yesterday or could be a LI you rejected. Maybe a scene with Zoey:unsure::unsure:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: dalli_x

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
Since the word branching was used it would be a side girl like Lily going with the preview from yesterday or could be a LI you rejected. Maybe a scene with Zoey:unsure::unsure:
I think it will be a branched scene like at a party in Hots in episode 7. You could have sex with Riona or Camila and even hook up with a threesome.Yes, Lily will definitely be there, considering that there was a preview of her recently. But who will be the second girl?I think someone from Quinn/Envy.

Reactions: Darkwen

LizaS

Jan 20, 2022
I wonder if he reached a speed of 300 renders just because he was essentially done with everything else? Will this rate be constant? Or is it temporary?
The thing is, 300 static renders in a week is in itself shocking, but to add 19 animated scenes on top of that is out of this world.
Maybe DPC is just built different and he got better at rendering?

--
ename144 busy day, today, huh? I saw you do the charts for LoF as well. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Ostap Bender

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

Poll news

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
Another week, another mismatched set of incomplete art totals. :confused: Well, let's see what we can see.

DPC has completed 35 animations since he last reported an animation total on 2022-05-20. That's an average of 8.8 animations per week, roughly on par with his overall average of 8.7 animations per week since the Interlude launched. Meanwhile we still have no definitive static render count. He had more than 1500 completed last week; we know he 'posed' 300 more this week, but we don't know how many of those have been completed.

He doesn't mention a static queue so it's possible they've all been fully rendered; he has hit known static render rates as high as 290/week during Episode 8. Still, I'd hope if that were the case he'd have just said he completed 300 renders and been done with it. More likely he's completed some of them and either queued the rest or is holding them while the animations render. For purposes of the charts, I'll assume he's rendered half of the newly posed statics, which should be a fairly conservative estimate. To that end:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It's safe to say we're still a long way from release, but we are advancing. I'd say a late September release is probably the most likely target at the moment, but there's still too much uncertainty to make that anything more than a guess. At least we can rest secure in the knowledge we'll get a 2D animation of Lily on a beach when the wait is finally over! :whistle:

Last edited:

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022

Dr PinkCake

Wow..The DPC just gave fire in animation rendering. Maybe he bought another computer from NASA, or he's using Tybalt tears for fuel. Looks like we'll see episode 9 in September. Hope

Oliver Wendell Homely

May 9, 2020
I wonder what it could be? :unsure: A choice between several girls available for sex as in episode 7 (sex with Sage blocks sex with Lily) or just one girl can have several sex options as in sex with Riona and Camila? I bet he's taken up posing for Halloween sex scenes.
I joked that maybe this is an MC masturbation scene, but DPC clarified: "I should have said it's a single girl instead of solo scene."

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
The thing is, 300 static renders in a week is in itself shocking, but to add 19 animated scenes on top of that is out of this world.

--
ename144 busy day, today, huh? I saw you do the charts for LoF as well. :ROFLMAO:
It's hard to say exactly what the limit is, but I wouldn't say this was unprecedented. DPC has had high-teen animation/week render rates during Episode 8, and even went into the 20s during Episode 7 (though these animations may well be bigger than those). Normally statics take a dip during such weeks (in the 100-150 range), but as I said, we don't actually know how many statics DPC rendered this week (or animations, for that matter).

I think it's fair to say this was a productive week on the art front, but it appears to be within the bounds of his recent work. I also don't think it's a sign that Episode 9 is 'ahead of schedule,' though it might be a turning point if we see large render counts in the coming weeks. I think it's mostly a sign DPC is still trying to balance his art workload with his other tasks.

But now I should really get back to packing for my vacation. I'll only have limited capabilities to post for the next ~week, so hopefully Zoey/Interlude fans will get it all out of their systems by the time I'm back. ;)

always86

Mar 19, 2020

--
He said posed not rendered. 19 animations is good going but 300 stills doesn't mean to much these can be as simple as a change in facial expression or a tilt of the head. Some will be more complicated of course.

In terms of rendering animations all he confirmed is that he is now at 130 completed. Last week I speculated that at week 14 he would of been at 114 with an average around 8. As of week 16 he is confirmed to have 130, an average of... 8.

1655481652456.png

This doesnt really change much in terms of forecasts. Last week he suggested he was at 40-60% on anaimations. We now know the week 15 total was actually around 122. This means at 40-60% completion as he suggested last week we have a range of 203 - 305 targeted with 244 being the number at 50%.

• 203.33/8(Average)=25.4
  • This would mean animations completed some time between August 19th and 26th.
  • 244/8=30.5
  • Completion between September 23rd and 30th
  • 305/8=38.1
  • Completion around Noveber 18th(!)
Averages in episode 7/8 were closer to 13. If he could bring production in line with that for the rest of episode 9 then he would have:
  • 81 left at 60% progress.
  • 6 weeks, completetion around week 22 or 29th July
  • 122 at 50% progress
  • 9 weeks, complettion around week 25 or 19th August
  • 183 at 40%progress
  • 14 weeks left around week 30 and September 23rd.
All in all progresss is a bit behind all previous releases. Episode 8 at this point in development (Week 16) had 2000 stills and 200 animations completed. Episode 7 had around 3291 and 242 animations.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
But now I should really get back to packing for my vacation. I'll only have limited capabilities to post for the next ~week, so hopefully Zoey/Interlude fans will get it all out of their systems by the time I'm back. ;)
:LOL:Well, have fun.We will make sure, to wait for you, with the Zoey talk, it would be unfair if you missing out :LOL:

• Hey there
Reactions: ename144

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
This doesnt really change much in terms of forecasts. Last week he suggested he was at 40-60% on anaimations. We now know the week 15 total was actually around 122. This means at 40-60% completion as he suggested last week we have a range of 203 - 305 targeted with 244 being the number at 50%.
Problem is here that what we have now is called development time... what suggests that nothing is set in stone ( not even the 40-60 % or the 203-305 ) so it's pointless to try so hard to project something this early... anyhow as long as there are lunatics that are convinced about next weeks release I take it can be taken as a rough estimate... but I don't think there is a scenario where this gets released before October :p :rolleyes:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
If there is a Sage's flashback, it can be interesting because of Tybalt. Was he also adopted ? If he was, who was the first one or perhaps both at the same time ? If Sage was first, did they decide to adopt another one because Sage didn't want to be spoiled or in contrary because Tybalt seem to have been spoiled, they wanted another child (Sage) where they didn't do the same mistakes like Tybalt.
usually the flashback is always very indicative of who will have a lot of space or importance in the chapter

however, they've all had a go at it; it's true that Sage's is the most out of focus, dealing with the entire new generation of fraternity presidents, so a flashback focused on her might fit.

But to tell what? what might we see that she hasn't told us?

I don't know, there are details that can be added, but I don't see what the bonus of this flashback could be

4.80 star(s) 1,531 Votes