Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
For me, it's because it could be a real world story (boring as you said), too much "Save the Day/College/World-Hero" story wouldn't attract me for a longer time. The setup is like it could be happen anytime and anywhere (DPC decided to write it like the US system), there are no unnatural heroic characters. I think the secret why this game is this successful is cause you can bond with one or more characters, hate or more ones (because they remind you of existing ones) and fantasize about playing your role in the story. And what would be more satisfying than criticize the writer for his story bragging you could do it way better? ;)
We are all different types of players, this is why this thread is that good. Opposite meanings, hopes and fantasies about the past and upcoming story gives us motivation to discuss, play again and find another small parts to talk about and also bond with the others here. This is also what i like on it, to interact with real people (even when it is about fiction).
Agree with a lot of this. I do need to be specific and parse things out when I say good or bad writing. When I say this game has good writing, I am talking about dialogue and character interactions. Those are second to none and the game could coast on the strength of its characters/interactions alone. Example of bad writing would be some story logic (or lack thereof) and exaggerated drama. That wacky shit isn't really necessary and I view it as more of a hinderance than a help.

I do like very much that the player is not always a save the world hero as you stated (you can even be a bit off a baddie). Not everything needs to be a Marvel-esque battle for the future of the universe. That is not at all needed in a story like this. You can easily place yourself into the shoes of MC and believe that you are living through the day-to-day ups and downs of a first year student at university. Going to class, parties, having inter-fraternity conflicts, as well as meeting and getting to know people, all seems quite realistic to me. There is, of course, some level of fantasy, like the amount of pussy you can get in quick succession at a free roam party, or having a magic penis that not even a lesbian can resist, but the overall emotion of the game, just feels right.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
People often conflate the "plot" with "writing".

BaDIK's plot is borderline forgettable, but the writing is fantastic.

I've never, in my life, read a book twice. Once I've read a book, the twists and turns laid out for me, while the book may be memorable, I won't go back and read it again.

Other acclaimed stories here (CoBD being the immediate one to come to mind), I replayed it from the beginning after the last release, and it was a chore. I knew where the story was going, and the plot was initially interesting, but the execution was significantly lacking. Sure the graphics are good, but the dialogue is hackneyed, the scenes are boring, and I find the sex scenes to be very uninspired.

BaDIK, on the other hand:

Reliving the mc's day to day experience at college, making out with Josy, catching up with the gang, pissing Bella off, playing mind games with Quinn, flirting with Mel and Sarah, getting on Heather's nerves, hanging out at the HOTs (because he's a snowflake), headbutting Jill in the eye with a dildo, getting Nicole to sign his cock, playing footsies under the table with Jill, DnG, spanking Sally's ass, twice, hanging out with 4 naked girls in the sauna, thrashing Jill at tennis, "accidentally" groping Jill after tennis, fucking Quinn on the roof, drinking fuck loads of beer, fucking Riona on the balcony, serving Champagne a la Dick to the girls in the sauna (you know you loved it Heather), drinking tequilas with Lily without any salt, painting the fence, doing yoga, repairing the mansion, DnG, putting wieners on Sage's head, hanging out with Nicole at the bar, fucking the shit outta Nicole and Sandy, getting high with Quinn, rolling with Lily, watching Becky puke her guts up, sharing with Riona and Cammy, getting caught fucking Sage by Riona and Quinn, destroying Tybalt in tennis, working out with Josy, cleaning up at the Pink Rose, struggling to choose between Lily and Nicole, throwing piss into the back of Derek's head, helping Sage with her bucket list, finally fucking Jill...

That shit I can read again and again.

DPC knows how to fucking write.
replayability/readability is a genre issue that has little to do with the quality of the writing (for better or worse)

the more emotional a narrative is, the easier it is to replay to relive. it is much easier to rewatch with pleasure a comic film that we enjoyed than a thriller (a genre par excellence based on plot)
the more central the plot the harder it is to relive the same emotions, because a perfect twist only works the first time, once you know who kaiser soza is it's not like you can pretend you don't know

there are telenovelas that go on for decades telling the same story with the same characters just by changing the order and I don't think anyone would extol their quality of writing

to stay in the genre of BADIK, most AVNs are pretty tiring to go through even just the first time, but all of the ones that spend effort on making connections with their characters (few but not very few) you more than gladly replay.
writing in an exciting way is definitely a quality, making the characters interesting also, and BADIK has them

you don't like COBD, just in general, I don't see the oddity that you don't like replaying it....

Kamuisaki

May 26, 2020
If there is a Sage's flashback, it can be interesting because of Tybalt. Was he also adopted ? If he was, who was the first one or perhaps both at the same time ? If Sage was first, did they decide to adopt another one because Sage didn't want to be spoiled or in contrary because Tybalt seem to have been spoiled, they wanted another child (Sage) where they didn't do the same mistakes like Tybalt.

Reactions: dalli_x and shazba

Bendover885

Jan 29, 2020
If there is a Sage's flashback, it can be interesting because of Tybalt. Was he also adopted ? If he was, who was the first one or perhaps both at the same time ? If Sage was first, did they decide to adopt another one because Sage didn't want to be spoiled or in contrary because Tybalt seem to have been spoiled, they wanted another child (Sage) where they didn't do the same mistakes like Tybalt.
I believe he is adopted as well. Jade mentions she is unable to have kids if you go down her path, or something like this. I don't go there but others have mentioned this. He also says he comes from poverty, whatever he means by that considering he thinks Bella is poor.

The Burkes' wealth clearly affirmed Tybalt's ego, whereas it instilled gratitude in Sage, for sure.

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
To be fair, Sage is the only LI not to have a backstory flashback scene. I imagine if DPC were to give her one, it seems like a fitting place after Chapter 8's ending. I mean, even Quinn got one, Rusty and Tommy.
What are you talking about? We had a Sage flashback. We saw her with her even worse-colored hair when she was starting out at B&R. ;)

N7

セブン
Staff member
Donor
Apr 5, 2017

This will be a short and sweet update.

Since last Friday, I have posed ~300 renders and 19 animations.

130 animations are fully produced, and I have 22 animations in the render queue; the total when the current work is finished is thus 152 animations.

I have just started work on a branching solo lewd scene, and I will spend next week animating it and making any renders needed for it. I expect to finish all animations from that scene and continue working on static renders before next Friday.

Poll news
In this week's 2D art poll, the results of the tiered polls were split.

After tallying the votes, the winning combination was

• Girl: Lily
  • Position: Her on top
  • Environment: Beach
I'll order a 2D wallpaper and a 2D animation and include them in episode 9.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake

4.80 star(s) 1,531 Votes