Envy*

Apr 10, 2022
Not being American and knowing that this kind of place is not very fashionable in France, I was wondering, does it really happen like that in universities and campuses there? Fraternities, hazing, "Hell Week", I knew about Spring Break but not that ?

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Not being American and knowing that this kind of place is not very fashionable in France, I was wondering, does it really happen like that in universities and campuses there? Fraternities, hazing, "Hell Week", I knew about Spring Break but not that ?
Yeah, kind of, it might be a bit over exaggerated for comedy purpose, but no more than a typical college genre movie. You probably seen some of that

• Wow
Reactions: Envy*

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
Hell week is a real thing and hazing does happen but after people started dying colleges try to put a stop to it

Envy*

Apr 10, 2022
Hell week is a real thing and hazing does happen but after people started dying colleges try to put a stop to it

Yes I had heard that sometimes the hazing bordered on school bullying and that it went to suicide, but I thought it mainly happened in Southeast Asia

Bendover885

Jan 29, 2020
It's not a uniform thing. Every fraternity does "hell week" differently. When I was doing my frat's HW years ago, it was a glorified team-building exercise. The difference is whether Hell Week just initiates people who were chosen to join, or whether it is designed to break people, causing them not to join. Our fraternity believed we used Hell Week in the former, not the latter, which is how DIKs seem to use it.

• Red Heart
Reactions: ename144 and Envy*

Envy*

Apr 10, 2022
It's not a uniform thing. Every fraternity does "hell week" differently. When I was doing my frat's HW years ago, it was a glorified team-building exercise. The difference is whether Hell Week just initiates people who were chosen to join, or whether it is designed to break people, causing them not to join. Our fraternity believed we used Hell Week in the former, not the latter, which is how DIKs seem to use it.
I see what you mean !!

I find it very interesting to discover all that through a game, it's so far and different from our culture to us, the French, we have very little this system of "comradeship "in the bosoms of our faculties. x)

Reactions: Bendover885

Bendover885

Jan 29, 2020
I never talk about the users, I am the last boy scout

on the question of whether she is really the most hated probably depends on the context: among the patreons I would say that's definitely not true :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: , here among the jokes and trolling she might as well be that

always keeping in mind that in this the word hate is as exaggerated as the word love, which is to say that those who believe in it have some unresolved problem :oops:
In this thread, you learn to take a joke really quickly, especially if you are a Jill fan. To each their own.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
is it me or does the house in Mom's pic look a bit like Jill's childhood house that was on their date?
it is not you

that is just the same house, what this means though is ground for theories
In this thread, you learn to take a joke really quickly, especially if you are a Jill fan. To each their own.
:unsure: there's just not the conditions to take seriously the things you can read here against fictional characters written by people you don't know and probably never will know. there's just a lack of prerequisites.

:cool:there is actually one LI that is an exception, but defending it is necessary to make the world a better place, it is a moral duty

horusxcaen82

Mar 20, 2018
Yeah, kind of, it might be a bit over exaggerated for comedy purpose, but no more than a typical college genre movie. You probably seen some of that
if anyone wants to know where I bet DPC got a lot of his influence for the game? check out a show called Blue Mountain State, its hilarious and similar in humor.

Reactions: allanl9020142

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
if anyone wants to know where I bet DPC got a lot of his influence for the game? check out a show called Blue Mountain State, its hilarious and similar in humor.
that can be an influence too, but DPC take inspiration from lots of thing as He mentioned couple of time. It's not one specific thing,
it's a mixture of these movies , with games, like life is strange or Bully from rockstar. Hell, may be even from Mass Effect, with the Chick or Dik, thing, which is more of a Paragon vs Renegade thing. :cool: (y)

4.80 star(s) 1,531 Votes