Roger-a-Dale

May 9, 2024
Sure. It also allows you to get a bit of perspective early on in the game on what the CHICK and DIK status/affinity stands for and what the repercussions of making those kinds of choices are without being too linear, so that you can pretty much figure out how you want to play the game as you're playing it since it lets you make a few errors in your playthrough at times without being too unforgiving in order for you to be able to continue with your preferred path even if you might've fucked up with a few choices in your run. Of course, that depends on the path itself as well since some of the girls are way easier to get with than others. With Jill or Quinn, you'll have to be careful with your decisions so that you don't end up with a scene that ends their path, whereas with someone like Sage, you don't really have to be too wary of things like that.

It's a simple system but it works very well. What the most favourable choice may be depends on the situation and more importantly your own point of view on it.
Yes and now that we have demonstrated genuine appreciation for the game's good points we get to criticise it and both our criticism and praise will seem more valid to people who aren't paying attention to the mind games.

One thing that really, REALLY annoys me are the diary flashbacks. Not what they do to the story, that is very interesting. Not the Neilynn romance which is adorable. No it's the music. The game presumably takes place in the late 2010s, so the parents' romance would have happened in the 1990s. So why is the BGM from the 1930s? It has absolutely no impact on the story. It is a completely trivial detail, but it annoys the crap out of me.

Yes, I am the single weirdest person you have ever met.

Jul 29, 2017
One thing that really, REALLY annoys me are the diary flashbacks. Not what they do to the story, that is very interesting. Not the Neilynn romance which is adorable. No it's the music. The game presumably takes place in the late 2010s, so the parents' romance would have happened in the 1990s. So why is the BGM from the 1930s? It has absolutely no impact on the story. It is a completely trivial detail, but it annoys the crap out of me.
I think the music is cute, makes it seem a bit like a classic romance. Of course, that's contrasted with Neil being a dumbass and Lynette being naked half the time, but that might be the point. The songs themselves are good too, the Commandeers feel authentically old world. And they also do "Set Us Free", which is a bop even if it weren't part of one of the most cathartic scenes in the game.

Dec 22, 2017
Always interesting to see the fanbase at the halfway point, its the thread collectively losing their minds posting random shit. Funny as hell, but makes me want these next 3/4 months hurry up so we can get an actual timetable.

sikario

May 5, 2024
Well then maybe you shouldn't take it so personally. I already noted that this argument resulted mostly from you being overly sensitive, it was obvious when I read the way you, ironically, were whining more than a Garrett. Funny how you mention you at least have played CSGO probably since 2016 yet you're still letting words from a random guy like me get to you. Best part was you trying to turn the whole thing around on me, making me out to seem like the "victim" and "Karen" when you keep complaining about me all the time right now.
Im trying to make sense to you that criticizing someone going personal isnt the way to do things. Yeah im been playing cs since then and because the community is so toxic there at least i dont like seeing the same replay in other places.

L1m1tl3ss

Sep 27, 2023
Personally, I like the music that plays in those scenes but I do get what you're saying. It's weird how that seems to be the consistent soundtrack choice for those scenes in particular. I remember that during my first playthroughs of the game I was really confused when I saw Neil with a modern phone in his hand and modern cars all around, yet in those scenes it's always that same kind of old-school background music. It's intentional too, since I'm pretty sure that all of the music that plays during the Neil and Lynette flashback scenes is made by the same band.

Reactions: Roger-a-Dale

Ray_D

Nov 13, 2022
Always interesting to see the fanbase at the halfway point, its the thread collectively losing their minds posting random shit. Funny as hell, but makes me want these next 3/4 months hurry up so we can get an actual timetable.
It is a tradition that helps to cope with the wait. anyway we are almost halfway through the year the time is flying by. :KEK:
42l1up.jpg

Roger-a-Dale

May 9, 2024
Personally, I like the music that plays in those scenes but I do get what you're saying. It's weird how that seems to be the consistent soundtrack choice for those scenes in particular. I remember that during my first playthroughs of the game I was really confused when I saw Neil with a modern phone in his hand and modern cars all around, yet in those scenes it's always that same kind of old-school background music. It's intentional too, since I'm pretty sure that all of the music that plays during the Neil and Lynette flashback scenes is made by the same band.
I should clarify that I don't think the music is bad. It just imitates a completely wrong era. Imitates it well too. But I keep thinking: "Oh Lynette was 70 when she died at childbirth and Neil looks really spry for a man in his 90s. That Diary must have a huge page count."

4.80 star(s) 1,516 Votes