Qmil679

Q / Motherlover
Donor
Mar 13, 2019
I've just finished playing the new update...

Damn!.. If I can be honest.. it was the best update. Ever.

Jill and Bella .. I love them. Scenes with them are fcking beautiful.

But.. in the end, with the Bella scene.. I feel bad to see Jill catch MC and Bella.:(

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
Are there any theories on who the girl is?
She's one of your (usually absent) classmates.
Which was the server yall went with for the download?
Torrent.
So I wonder who's josy's boyfriend and why she never mention about that guy after that? what happend and Where is that guy now?
I'm kinda confused Am I misunderstanding something?
You are misunderstanding. There never was a 'boy'friend, Josy was in the closet.
What's the music when you have sex with Jill?
I was listening to Bloodhound Gang at the time, thanks for asking!

Can anyone tell me where to put this hotfix thing? I don't see any folders that match the ones in the hotfix...
in your install\game folder. Just throw the whole thing into the game subfolder.
okay am i missing something? last time when i saw episode 7 released, it had an update file. I don't see that with episode 8. I only see the full game to download.
There is not, nor will there be an 'official' patch from 7 to 8. He upgraded to a new version of RenPy (64-bit) and decided it was too much of a PITA to try and make a compatible patch.
Melanie+Sarah+MC. Would love to see that Threesome
You kinda got that if you stayed at the HOTs after your temper tantrum with M&J when you leave the dorm. If you're a DIK, anyway.

• Love
Reactions: Warscared
Jul 17, 2020
My OCD is really starting to kick in with all these branching paths now. Before I could get away with Chick, Dick and other clutter saves. How are you guys organizing your saves?
before, i just have four main saves and a bunch of in game saves, now because of that sudden realization of MC during breakfast, i will have a save for every LI plus OTHERS, thank you DPC!:ROFLMAO:

Felicityskye

Jan 8, 2018
No they aren’t. We literally have a picture of Lynette at the Royce’s house. With women who are clearly related to Jill’s friends. She and Lana are either the same person or they know each other. Therefore if they aren’t the same person, might a logical reason they are in the Royce grounds but Lana isn’t in the picture be that she is taking it? This is fairly straight forward deduction.

If I were trying to tell you that Zoe and Josy are secretly sisters, because they are both short, and the reason Zoe’s hair is blue is because when she was a child she was in a car crash and it turned white overnight, so she dyes. Then those would be massive reachs.

Reaching a logical conclusion that there might be a connection between Jill and the picture of MC‘s Mum, given that one literally fades in to the other, is fairly obvious.
There has been ZERO mention of Lana in Lynette's diary so far. ZERO. If they knew each other and was taking the picture there would have been some mention of her. But there is NONE. You're literally fabricating things. That is a massive reach.

BeenThroughHell

Sep 10, 2020
She's one of your (usually absent) classmates.
Torrent.
You are misunderstanding. There never was a 'boy'friend, Josy was in the closet.
I was listening to Bloodhound Gang at the time, thanks for asking!

in your install\game folder. Just throw the whole thing into the game subfolder.
There is not, nor will there be an 'official' patch from 7 to 8. He upgraded to a new version of RenPy (64-bit) and decided it was too much of a PITA to try and make a compatible patch.
You kinda got that if you stayed at the HOTs after your temper tantrum with M&J when you leave the dorm. If you're a DIK, anyway.
hell Yeah im a DIK, i know that Scene
I mean a actual THREESOME scene

Felicityskye

Jan 8, 2018
The amount of girls who have unprotected sex in this game and only one gets pregnant, probably Arieth because of the odds calculation. I think if DPC wanted to add drama, certainly he would make Bella or Jade pregnant, all other girls may cause impact, but they have similar weights drama-wise, no?
Can't be anyone MC creampies. Because you can do a non MC creampie route and that preggo test render still pops up. Pretty unlikely the pregnancy has anything to do with the MC.

Sep 29, 2021
If Tybalt was your brother, would you honestly give a shit?
Yes. Without question. Even if I though my brother was a rich kid wannabe dweeb I'd still say something if the some dude decked him at a party right in front of me. It's bad storytelling on DPC's part and can't be hand waved away with "lol it's Tybalt," especially as Sage doesn't seem the tough love type of person.

Skyangel007

Jan 14, 2018
Couldn't agree more.

The overall flow, or lack there of, in this episode really took me out of it. The MC would just appear out of nowhere to scenes and exit without us really knowing where he's off to, it was bizarre. We are so used to seeing the MC travel and communicate to us where he needs to go that day well in advance; these isolated scenes made the whole episode feel pieced together which is not the norm for DPC. A date with Jill and her friends literally begins and ends at the doorsteps to the house, no build up or cool down. You would think that directly after a scene like that would be the time for Jill and the MC to have a talk about where they stand in the relationship, instead, it gets deferred to after the MC makes his choice and Jill only brings up the issue of you seeing other people a literal sentence before you resolve it with her. Despite Jill getting the most attention in this episode, because of the nature it's presented, things feel rushed.

Honestly, most of the plotlines here felt rushed. You're forced into committing to a LI for no major reason other than season 2 needs a finale, and because you're pushed into this decision, the MC can't go about cutting things off with others in the best and logical way, all for the sake of creating avoidable drama. Sure, it would be a shock to Jill to find out Bella and MC are dating, but did she really need to walk in on them fucking? Sure, Bella would be disappointed and isolated after being turned down by the MC, but he couldn't tell her something like that to her face? Hell, this episode makes a point to show how all of the LIs have become a group of loving friends, would it be that hard to get them all in a room together and have a honest heart-to-heart with them? Judging by their characters, although they would be upset, I think each of them would be pretty understanding about you making a choice. At the very least, you'd actually tell Maya and Josy you picked them before the season ended.

This all felt hurried along, like DPC had a series of plot points and choices he wanted the player to make in the episode, and because season 2 is the arbitrary deadline to make these happen, we're just racing through them to fill the quota. There were some seriously great moments in this episode, which you'd expect nothing less from DPC, but much like Episode 4 (the season 1 finale), there's a real disconnect between what the player feels/knows and what the MC pursues.

Overall, this episode just leaves a bad taste in your mouth, which is unfortunate because it didn't need to. Rather than "talking in circles" about the plot twists like DPC said would happen, it seems a lot of us are thinking about the actual future of the game in the macro. Is the game going to be the same fun and wild ride that we've been enjoying now that the MC has to commit to LIs? It's an honest question and the more I think about the Halloween party on the horizon, the less excited I am given the new parameters we've been railroaded into. Is someone romancing Bella really going to have fun at a DIK house party that she likely won't attend?

The balance between detailed romance gameplay and reckless college partying gameplay now seems at real odds, where the majority of your playtime will now be turning down various romantic or sexual options in order to stay true to the LI you committed to. If DPC expects us all to run with 5-6 save files to experience all of the content in a single episode from here on out, this game will turn into a real chore - episodes that become a mile wide, but only an inch long for each playthrough. People keep ridiculous amounts of saves like that by choice as a way to test the combinations of outcomes they can get, not because they have to in order to get a reasonable amount of content from each update. Obviously diverging paths have been the foundation of BaD, but with the amount of variables thrown into the mix with this finale, I have a hard time seeing how things can stay on track and still be fulfilling.

Hopefully DPC has a plan for all of this, but the lack of plot reveal in this episode really makes you wonder if this game will have enough steam to justify the planned length.
Although I don't agree with all these points I do agree with one major point which is that this update feels like it should have been split in two and that the current one feels rushed. Some dialogue lines or scenes don't even make sense (at least based on the choices I made) and like you pointed out the scene switching at times was very confusing. There are also some missed opportunities story wise that have been pointed out by others users in the comment. Apparently according to a post I read in this topic the Dev said writing wasn't his strongest point. Personally I think the writing is one my the top 5 of adult games that I played but this update just felt rushed. I personally would have love for him to take more time and delayed this release a month or two just so we could have a better ending to this season. Just my two-cents though.

Reactions: ename144

barbod67

Jan 31, 2018
Honestly I think her father was supposed to be the obnoxious man-bun dude at the party but DPC changed it because too many people figured it out. This is an awful storytelling technique by the way.
DPC isn't really the type to change shit based on what the player figures out or not.

Reactions: Ilhares

Felicityskye

Jan 8, 2018
Yes. Without question. Even if I though my brother was a rich kid wannabe dweeb I'd still say something if the some dude decked him at a party right in front of me. It's bad storytelling on DPC's part and can't be hand waved away with "lol it's Tybalt," especially as Sage doesn't seem the tough love type of person.
They aren't blood related. I knew of a foster brother and sister from high school. They didn't care about each other at all.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Can't be anyone MC creampies. Because you can do a non MC creampie route and that preggo test render still pops up. Pretty unlikely the pregnancy has anything to do with the MC.
don't need the creampie to make a bun in the oven. He never wraps it once, and daddy cautioned him 2x that I know of.

Hesteros

Feb 18, 2021
She had never said she had a boyfriend; that was MC jumping to conclusions. All she said that she was in a relationship and she was telling the truth. If anything the “boyfriend” is actually Maya.

Neutral also worked. That, along with Rose’s are the only scenes that are accessible to Dik or Neutral, but not Chick.

Reactions: Lazzokun

scarletlove

Jul 18, 2017
The update was mostly good with a few goofups near the ending.
I have 5 different playthroughs for each of the main LIs (DIK/CHICK) and 1 where I'm basically a full DIK and going after everyone other than the main LIs. Still not finished playing Jill path and Maya n Josy path.
Didn't have to break anyone's heart yet, so that felt nice.

In my Bella playthrough I mostly ignore Jill and somehow she's still upset watching Bella/MC going at it. Also for some reason Quinn shows up in the flashback even though I had nothing to do with her.

The ending didn't make sense with the MC going fuck times 5, since in all my playthroughs (except Full DIK), I had him play like a prude except with the LIs. Even ignored Tybalt in most of the playthroughs and was mostly civil with him.

Still good progression with Sage and Bella. The recital was extremely well done.

barbod67

Jan 31, 2018
We know absolutely zero about how Sage and Tybalt feel about each other, so calling it "bad storytelling" is a bit too much. Sometimes siblings, whatever blood related or adopted, don't like each other very much.

4.80 star(s) 1,516 Votes