dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Definitely could be wrong, but I think one of the HOTs (Mel?) was a commenter on Zoey's not-Twitter incident. So that could end up coming around when Zoey eventually makes it to campus.
I understand you there. The Rooster answers imply that people from the campus are behind avatars, if you only look at the writing. There are similarities in the rhetoric of some characters. But DPC himself has written so that he repeats himself in his rhetoric and he himself has to watch out so that he does not repeat himself.

But make up your own mind about it. These are my thoughts on it.

- "Wow! Is that you, Zoey?" (Sage or Maya)
- "What a whore!" (Sarah or Melanie)
- "A friend stealing your ex? That's disgusting!" (I don't know)
- "Haha! Oh my god! Zoey!" (Josy.)

- "TITS!" (Tommy)
- "Slut!" (MC.)
- "Is is just me or are those tits saggy for her age?" (Derek)

screenshot0003.png

hakuna-matata

May 30, 2020
Zoey returning was always a given.

She didn't need the interlude though, and delay the game a year.
Exactly!!! It was pretty obvious she was going to return at some point. I was hoping she would because I do enjoy the drama. We didn't need the Interlude. It was super boring and a waste of time. I was scared looking at 98% of those characters. Those characters look like you need a vaccine to be in the same vicinity.

BigBlueDude

Nov 15, 2020
- "A friend stealing your ex? That's disgusting!" (I don't know)

View attachment 2050481
That always looked like Rose (the stripper) to me.

Ive not touched the Interlude since the two reads i did after it come out. Planned only to do it again with ep9 to get Zoey fresh in my mind. But that screenshot made me remember that i had a stray thought of "How does the stripper know these people?"

Yeah yeah, i know theres too much tatts on the Rose in the Interlude rooster cluck but its not always fresh in your mind how people look exactly at every single point in time. Avatars are not always actual 1:1 portraits either. Now I doubt its Rose but it very well could be.

Reactions: zarachi and dalli_x

godkingxerxes

Sep 27, 2020
That always looked like Rose (the stripper) to me.

Ive not touched the Interlude since the two reads i did after it come out. Planned only to do it again with ep9 to get Zoey fresh in my mind. But that screenshot made me remember that i had a stray thought of "How does the stripper know these people?"

Yeah yeah, i know theres too much tatts on the Rose in the Interlude rooster cluck but its not always fresh in your mind how people look exactly at every single point in time. Avatars are not always actual 1:1 portraits either. Now I doubt its Rose but it very well could be.
I think she looks like the goth esque chick we see around, previously talking to Becky in early seasons and most recently banging the preps on the last episode.

I'm pretty sure it's same tattoo just the girl in the cluck looks skinnier.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
I think she looks like the goth esque chick we see around, previously talking to Becky in early seasons and most recently banging the preps on the last episode.

I'm pretty sure it's same tattoo just the girl in the cluck looks skinnier.
I assume you mean this girl. The hairstyle is similar, but the tattoo is not the same. The wings are missing.

screenshot0001.png

• Thinking Face
Reactions: BigBlueDude

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Those characteristics remained...

now plus we know that she got bored in San Diego, that she went there for granny (if she had played astronaut she would have gone to Cape Canaveral, if to be a cop to Quantico) and that she comes back mainly because she ran out of money

I don't see that as an improvement in character :unsure:
I think it does; these extra details make her less of a stereotypical "rebel (without a clue)" she initially appeared to be.

Also, she doesn't come back mainly because she ran out of money. She comes back because she's realized what she had dreamed of wasn't really what she thought it'd be, and that her old life was better in comparison. If she had fun in San Diego, it wouldn't be exactly hard to make money and just keep living there, like thousands of other people already do, without any inheritance from dead grandma.

Reactions: CoalPhelps

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I think it does; these extra details make her less of a stereotypical "rebel (without a clue)" she initially appeared to be.

Also, she doesn't come back mainly because she ran out of money. She comes back because she's realized what she had dreamed of wasn't really what she thought it'd be, and that her old life was better in comparison. If she had fun in San Diego, it wouldn't be exactly hard to make money and just keep living there, like thousands of other people already do, without any inheritance from dead grandma.
And what would it add?

the main reason is necessarily money which is an objective matter, optionally there is the fact that she might have completely ruined her relations with her "friends" in San Diego
and finally there is the hometown blindness, I don't want to say that it doesn't matter, but it is not the main reason.
the surfing dream had faded long ago, but as long as she had the money she stayed there.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018

Yea I kind of read it more like that. Her running out of money was more like coming to a major crossroads in her life or I guess a catalyst that forced her to look at the reality of the situation. Either go back knowing things didn't quite pan out and start over or just stay and somehow manage to build a life there instead. Most people end up just staying because they have no good reason to go back. That's why she just didn't show up for work until the guy (the tattoo shop owner, can't remember the name) has to show up at her place. She's staring at that crossroads and is frozen with indecision.
Still, Zoey's cool and all I guess but I'd rather ep 9 focus more on the other characters and just explore the Zoey stuff in later episodes. I mean it's been almost a year now haha. Ep 8 felt like it left me hanging.

Jul 22, 2022
Also she’s a confused kid with family issues like most of the characters. Zoey has had a shitty year.

She’s great at drawing, but hasn’t had the bookish aptitude or interest in pursuing the well trodden path. Grandma dies, she gets an identity crisis and bolts, gets nudes leaked, and falls flat on her face in a practical sense during the surf arc.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Also she’s a confused kid with family issues like most of the characters. Zoey has had a shitty year.

She’s great at drawing, but hasn’t had the bookish aptitude or interest in pursuing the well trodden path. Grandma dies, she gets an identity crisis and bolts, gets nudes leaked, and falls flat on her face in a practical sense during the surf arc.
there, you're right, maybe the only interesting thing we find out in the interlude is that she likes to draw (unfortunately grandma didn't notice, it would have saved us a lot of time)

all of Badik's kids have family problems, it's such a widespread and generic condition (often for no specific reason: "they have family problems") that it doesn't characterize anyone anymore

Jul 22, 2022
all of Badik's kids have family problems, it's such a widespread and generic condition (often for no specific reason: "they have family problems") that it doesn't characterize anyone anymore
Indeed in some sense it’s generic because it’s one of the main themes of the game. The common denominator seems to be a “missing parent” to varying degrees. Dead, divorced, emotionally abusive, or otherwise absent.

Even so each of them have different varieties of broken families, if you look at the details.

The interesting thing imo, is that the affected characters have reacted/ developed in many different ways, which in turn highlights the differences and make it less generic.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Are you seriously asking what it adds to have characters who are more than one dimensional cardboard cutouts?
Absolutely not. I don't understand how you could have thought that

I asked you what the Interlude would add of interest to Zoey's character

Giving only screen time doesn't necessarily add much to the characterisation

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
A little research on achievements in the Steam version. Of course, this will never stop debating which affinity is better or whose waifu is cooler. But from them we can understand what the majority of players prefer. Always loved statistics, interesting science. I don’t know, maybe someone before me did such statistics, I have been actively reading the thread for half a year, but I’ll do it anyway.

Affinity results:
Most players prefer DIK affinity (forgive me those sensitive CHICK players who take other people's choices to heart, but this is reality). Achievement to permanent DIK affinity chosen by 18.2% of players
DIKachievment.png

The second most popular is the path of Neutral. Balanced path chosen by 14.8% of gamers
Neutral.png

And the least popular is the CHICK affinity. Being a white knight aka Captain America selects a minimum of players - 10%
As you can see, I don't have this achievement. :LOL:
Chickachievmeng.png
Conclusion - the majority loves DIK route

Now no less interesting topic than the previous one - waifu. Steam gives out one of five hidden achievements for choosing a girl at the end of the second season, there are five such choices. On the one hand, it turned out quite predictably, but some came as a surprise to me and differ from the F95 audience tastes .

The most popular waifu on Steam is Sage. That's kind of a trifle, but nice. The achievement "In lieu of a flover" is given for choosing Sage, he is in the lead with 13.8%. A rather poetic name with an idiom referring to Sage's gift of a leaf. Based Steam.
sage.png

The second largest group of players do not choose any waifu, preferring to ... fuck everything that moves. And what doesn't move - push and fuck too. 11.6% of players want to bang all the chicks in college. Unknown road goes to Others.
Bang_everything.png

Are local stand-up artists and trolls ready for rofl and memes? Judging by the cheeky grins, yes. Third place - "Connected road". Jill is chosen by 10.6% of Steam gamers who wanting to be eaten alive wanting a perfect romantic relationship.
Goblin_road.png

An even smaller part of the players, which is located in 4th place, choose Trouble. This is a very serious decline from the first season, when the main disputes were - Maya or Josy, and one by one they were in the lead in the ranking of girls. But apparently many BaDIK players have Acting Lessons PTSD and don't want to take the risk. Josy/Maya route - 9.5%
maya_josy.png

And here is the last one. The smallest result. Just what surprised me. Steam gamers like Bella the less.
It's weird and wonder why? Here she is very popular, few people will say a bad word about her, but nothing more. It's not much less than Josie/Maya, but still the last place. Only 9.4%
bella.png

What else is interesting? Most stay with Sage and I can't argue with that. Almost as many more choose to stay with Bella. By the way, the name of the achievement is a reference to one very popular game. And few people stay with Derek, although it seems logical to stay with your bro and share the problem.
ep3choose.png

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2022
A little research on achievements in the Steam version.
As interesting as this rundown is, you have to remember to add a lot of caveats to your conclusions.

1. Your sample size only includes steam, we don’t known if these trends are similar in the GOG, Patreon or pirated only play throughs which severely limits the validity of the numbers.

2. We don’t know what the players preferred/ main runs are. In addition multiple players will probably do multiple runs, thus not necessarily having as strong of a preference. Also players may choose affinity’s primarily based on their LI preference. This scrambles things further.

Also the achievement percentages in general are low. I don’t know when they were introduced to the game, but I have a feeling a lot of players choices aren’t represented because they only played prior to achievements.

In addition the chosen LI paths are very close to each other most of them within 0.5-1.5%+- which isn’t exactly huge gaps.

Still an interesting post, but I doubt the general usefulness of those stats as they seem quite flawed imo.

Last edited:

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
As interesting as this rundown is, you have to remember to add a lot of caveats to your conclusions.

1. Your sample size only includes steam, we don’t known if these trends are similar in the GOG, Paterson or pirated only play throughs which severely limits the validity of the numbers.

2. We don’t know what the players preferred/ main runs are. In addition multiple players will probably do multiple runs, thus not necessarily having as strong of a preference. Also players may choose affinity’s primarily based on their LI preference. This scrambles things further.

Also the achievement percentages in general are low. I don’t know when they were introduced to the game, but I have a feeling a lot of players choices aren’t represented because they only played prior to achievements.

In addition the chosen LI paths are very close to each other most of them within 0.5-1.5%+- which isn’t exactly huge gaps.

Still an interesting post, but I doubt the general usefulness of those stats as they seem quite flawed imo.
Yes, this research concerns only Steam, I mentioned it. For example, I said about the differences with F95 - Steam players are not very interested in Bella.
Why such small numbers? Not all players bought the second season. For example, the achievement for completing Episode 4 is 56.7%, Episode 8 is 23.3%.
Only a small fraction of the players make multiple runs, these are psychos like me. :LOL: As we can see, some of the players do not complete the game even once. For Steam this is the norm, I notice this in all games.

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
Only a small fraction of the players make multiple runs, these are psychos like me. :LOL: As we can see, some of the players do not complete the game even once. For Steam this is the norm, I notice this in all games.
I have to disagree based on your own numbers: 23.3% finished ep 8. However the path achievements add up to 40%, that's an average of nearly 2 achievements per player who finished ep 8. Extrapolate out with the players who aren't interested in any LI (so only have an others route) and those only interested in a single LI (or one/both of the throuple), who probably number say a third of the ep 8 finishes (8% of total players) the majority of players who don't have a set preference clearly do have multiple playthroughs.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes