felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
To play Devil's Advocate here: If there's genuinely 15 hours of content then that is considerably more than most games on this site have all together throughout 3-4 years of development, so if it does take 18 months between ep 8 and ep 9 that's still faster (and with higher quality content) than most devs.
If a run lasts three hours, the chapter is not 15 hours. 70-80% of the runs are identical

Envy*

Apr 10, 2022
Hasn't others been in all branches? I don't think I have a playthough without a main LI.

Quinn has been in the banner for a while now. I don't think she is a main LI with her own branch because at the end of ep 8 when you choose who you want to be with she isn't one of the options.
She will be there, I keep my hopes up!

Reactions: Eland51298

Darkdevil66

Apr 16, 2020
Hasn't others been in all branches? I don't think I have a playthough without a main LI.
The "Others" option is only available if you aren’t in Josy’s and Maya’s relationship and don’t have a successful relationship with Jill. It will be focused on side girls ( Quinn, Lily, Envy, Jade, Nora... & probably Zoey ).

the fifth branch is "others"

Zoesy will be in all branches
Zoesy ? Zoey and Josy's lost girl ? :illuminati:

Good thing there are only 5 LIs for now. If Quinn, Zoey, Lily, Nicole & Riona had a whole dedicated path, DPC probably would have feel to need to add even more extra content for each of them. :oops:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
DPC will be like, "Well guys, you've complained developing five branches takes too long, so now it'll be just one branch. Enjoy!" :whistle:
DPC tells that he thinks Bella's route is missing a little something, that the big free-roam will still take a lot of his time
But the blame would be on the branches....:oops:

If I were him I would make two interludes between chapters for the " branching":unsure::unsure:

"so much will be worth it.":cool::cool::cool::love::love:

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
DPC tells that he thinks Bella's route is missing a little something, that the big free-roam will still take a lot of his time
But the blame would be on the branches....:oops:

If I were him I would make two interludes between chapters for the " branching":unsure::unsure:

"so much will be worth it.":cool::cool::cool::love::love:
Mhmm now am kinda thinking Bella interlude would be pretty neat.

Cover her backstory from Bella's point of view, plus all the free screeching from people who'll think she is NTRing them by boinking her husband in the past.

• Haha
Reactions: SomboSteel

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
I have some interesting thoughts.
1. We know that he made a Halloween's freeroam.
2. The final freeroam is quite large and variable that it's not even really finished (it has some problems with the code, but I don't think it's a big problem).
What is the last final event that probably caused him to increase the number of renders and animations?
It's hardly Pink Rose, because Isobella will be present at this freeroam.
So it's Thanksgiving after all. My past theory that he would want to combine Halloween and Thanksgiving into one episode is confirmed. Or maybe I'm wrong.
And of course the fact that he wants to add a few more scenes after alpha testing adds a bit of concern. I think this is due to the fact that rendering animations takes a lot of time and in order to avoid downtime, it will just add a few scenes as the animations are ready. It sounds logical.
But in general the development of episode 9 is a disaster. DPC said that he worked a project manager and it was enough to expect such a chaotic development from a person who previously had wonderful planning and a clear structure...unusual. Probably, before the release, he will explain what caused it, but perhaps it's psychological problems again, given that he dropped out for two weeks due to nervous breakdowns.
Ah shit. I didn't know about that. Now I feel bad about my rant. Also think a Thanksgiving thing would be kind of nice.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Mhmm now am kinda thinking Bella interlude would be pretty neat.

Cover her backstory from Bella's point of view, plus all the free screeching from people who'll think she is NTRing them by boinking her husband in the past.
:eek::eek::eek::eek:I can't wait until June so I can play with it

• Haha
Reactions: ffive

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
If a run lasts three hours, the chapter is not 15 hours. 70-80% of the runs are identical
I HIGHLY doubt it's going to take 3 hours to play through the update. I mean, I'd certainly enjoy that much content, but he's saying it took him 3 hours to "playtest" it, meaning he was checking every detail as he went along, probably taking notes, maybe making himself something to eat in the middle of it, playing with his cats, and for all we know he reads like my 75 year old father (slow as all fuck in case you were wondering).

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I HIGHLY doubt it's going to take 3 hours to play through the update. I mean, I'd certainly enjoy that much content, but he's saying it took him 3 hours to "playtest" it, meaning he was checking every detail as he went along, probably taking notes, maybe making himself something to eat in the middle of it, playing with his cats, and for all we know he reads like my 75 year old father (slow as all fuck in case you were wondering).
But without minigames and probably skipping the part he had already checked out

3 hours seems like a reasonable estimate for the single run

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
I decided to dilute the panic mood in the thread with the help of logic and cautious optimism.
I don't understand the reasons for the premature panic in the comments. The static renders are almost complete and have reached the target figure. DPC is speeding up the development of the missing animations and MAYBE add more animations if needed. This is an assumption, not a fact. In three weeks, he will make the main remaining animations and so will make a decision based on how the game build will look. They may or may not be needed. We don't have numbers yet, only speculation.
Plus, it polishes flaws and bugs in the code, which is normal at the beta testing stage. So it makes no sense to write "see you in 2023".
So we are waiting for the numbers and a detailed report and don't panic. I'm still looking forward to a release within two months.

scarp1

Aug 22, 2020
Well, if you are a Patreon supporter, let me ask what is the general mood on the comment section after this announcement?!. are they at least start to get impatient?.

It's nice to be your own boss, but even in that way, you should set up a personal deadline at least, and not the: "it take ass long as it takes ". In the past, he at least had a reasonable development circle, with proper progress. Even Interlude was more Focused.
He knew what he wanted, what he needed to achieve, it was productive and visible, progress. EP9 is off the rail.
No unrest on Patreon at all, maybe one comment which just says 'Welcome 2023'

This update may have taken a long time but it will be bigger than what other games offer in a years period.

I've said before, DPC could throw out 6 updates a year, but they will have 3 scenes and half a branch of one LI.

The way the game is done with all the different paths it wouldn't really work for me, would be just too bitty and having different branches all over the shop in various updates over the year.

Oct 18, 2021
People just like to overreact when they read some piece if information and immediately start to assume the worst or something bad in general. It's nothing new though or unexpected, so I don't see a reason why there are like 2+ pages of silly comments like 'see you in 2023', or that 'DPC suddenly lost track of his own progress' just because he said there might be some additional content potentially added if necessary. Today wasn't the first time he mentioned such a possibility for a BADIK episode, though people act like it's some groundbreaking piece of news :unsure:
All the heavy lifting for this episode in terms of animations has already been done if you haven't followed the last status updates, so why panic at a mention of DPC getting back to animating?

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes