iowaboy1844

Oct 6, 2018
If he says the same shit next week, I'm fairly convinced we'll get the update next year.
In past, he didn't take too long to playtest and then release. However, he also didn't have this much unfinished animations/renders still nor this many unique paths that are needed for the entire episode (yes, each of the 5 was unique in past, but one would either lead to another or you simply skipped others in past - now each runs it's own course for most of the episode, only to all intertwine at the Halloween Party. At it would seem this way now).

Thinking this through, I would guess end of November might be the reality, but a Christmas release isn't out of the question.

Reactions: sava75

apologetik

Apr 7, 2022
I just finished a playthrough of S1-S2 for the first time. I didn't sign up for these feels. What the hell?

Also Jill/Bella. Fight me.

Reactions: znar25

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
In past, he didn't take too long to playtest and then release. However, he also didn't have this much unfinished animations/renders still nor this many unique paths that are needed for the entire episode (yes, each of the 5 was unique in past, but one would either lead to another or you simply skipped others in past - now each runs it's own course for most of the episode, only to all intertwine at the Halloween Party. At it would seem this way now).

Thinking this through, I would guess end of November might be the reality, but a Christmas release isn't out of the question.
Sure he playtests it, then sends it out to his beta testers when it's ready and they test it for 10-14 days. So like half a month is lost in beta testing. It does sound like he still has to render for a month. Then the beta test phase and at best we'll get a release 18th November. But that's not happening if he keeps adding stuff.

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
:D
But, Yeah I do. It would be interesting to see, that even his most loyal fans are, would finally start to be impatient. Right now, it feels like he doesnt know when or how to stop, of finish the episode.
That is not a good sign, this him dragging out, and streching it beyond what its need.

and in the end it's still not gonna be perfect. like episode 8. I liked the Josy content, but the dorm party where she was all "glammed up" was a total let down , just a little talking and dance.
so even episode 9 has the possibility that despite all this content, it will have missed opportunity, and the waiting for it makes it even worse.
Yeah, I think I'm disappointed with this week status update,:ROFLMAO:
Josy scene at the dorm party is one of favorites even despite no sex scene there. EP 9 I think is going to be the best or it better least be top 3. But yeah he can't keep going like this. Right now he likely doesn't because he working (I hope) but after to comes out I think he going to have a "oh shit what have I done " moment :ROFLMAO:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: dalli_x

georsak

May 15, 2021
Unfortunately it seems to me that even a November release is a very optimistic scenario. Development times are getting ridiculous at this point.
Seems I called it last week too. It looks like December if we' re lucky now.
I'm sorry but being a developer is not only about renders and writing, but project management in general. And our good doctor is terrible at that, as he seems unable to control himself. Artistic independance and freedom is all well and good, but since this is a commercial product, the supporters/customers have some expectations.
As a patreon for over a year, I'm very disappointed today and will not be renewing my subscription. I believe that developement over 6 months is unreasonable, although I'm sure the content will be massive. It's just that I think that being unable to manage your material in order to deliver your product in a somewhat predictable time frame, is not good practice and should be discouraged.
I still think DPC is one of the best artists, just a bad project manager.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Josy scene at the dorm party is one of favorites even despite no sex scene there. EP 9 I think is going to be the best or it better least be top 3. But yeah he can't keep going like this. Right now he likely doesn't because he working (I hope) but after to comes out I think he going to have a "oh shit what have I done " moment :ROFLMAO:
Here is the thing. if in Episode 9 it does not turn out that Josy is Dik affinity leaning. Having a solo Halloween lewd scene with her including Anal, then it's already did not worth the wait.

and comment like this "There are many scenes I haven't even seen in-game yet, even though the art has been finished for months"- What if he doesn't like it, the way it is, and decide to " add" something to it.
:ROFLMAO:.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: Tyzorak and Darkwen

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
How DrPinkCake could sustain 7 more episodes development this way, I wonder.

He ought to reconsider his working method. Just my 2 cents, of course.

Reactions: SomboSteel
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes