Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022

This week I worked on and completed a big and tricky scene and some smaller scenes.
I have started working on the remaining lewd scenes of the episode now, posing both static renders and animations for them.
Art for 8 scenes remains, and three of those scenes need writing. I might need a couple more scenes after playtesting the episode if I feel something is missing.
I playtested Isabella's branch this week. It took me over 3 hours to complete it, without mini-games and without being able to test everything, as the final free roam event is still a bit of a mess regarding the code.
I felt that some parts of this branch needed a bit more content, while other parts of it were perfect and unique.
And this is an example of how I will work after finishing the art for the remaining scenes. I will playtest and then polish and add any additional content I feel is needed.
I have to do this for five branches and all possible combinations of choices and consequences therein. Each branch is of similar length, meaning a single playtest of all branches will require at least 15 hours of playtime. I always do this many times, over and over.
While there is plenty of joint content, there is also plenty of unique scenes for each branch; this makes quality control a big task.
But I'm very much looking forward to playing the episode. There are many scenes I haven't even seen in-game yet, even though the art has been finished for months - it's crazy, even more so than usual.
I'm up to 4524 renders, and now that I started animating again, I will know how many more animations I need within a few more weeks.
I don't have an accurate estimation of the release date; everything will depend on the remaining animation render times and how smooth the last stretch of development goes.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
I thought so, the only developer who adds content, not cuts. Well at least he's back to animations, I hope he doesn't decide he needs a few more full animations for Madame Rose. :ROFLMAO:
It's hard to make any predictions. November? Maybe, or maybe December, or maybe 2023. I hope before that we will not die in an nuclear war.:rolleyes:

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020

This week I worked on and completed a big and tricky scene and some smaller scenes.
I have started working on the remaining lewd scenes of the episode now, posing both static renders and animations for them.
Art for 8 scenes remains, and three of those scenes need writing. I might need a couple more scenes after playtesting the episode if I feel something is missing.
I playtested Isabella's branch this week. It took me over 3 hours to complete it, without mini-games and without being able to test everything, as the final free roam event is still a bit of a mess regarding the code.
I felt that some parts of this branch needed a bit more content, while other parts of it were perfect and unique.
And this is an example of how I will work after finishing the art for the remaining scenes. I will playtest and then polish and add any additional content I feel is needed.
I have to do this for five branches and all possible combinations of choices and consequences therein. Each branch is of similar length, meaning a single playtest of all branches will require at least 15 hours of playtime. I always do this many times, over and over.
While there is plenty of joint content, there is also plenty of unique scenes for each branch; this makes quality control a big task.
But I'm very much looking forward to playing the episode. There are many scenes I haven't even seen in-game yet, even though the art has been finished for months - it's crazy, even more so than usual.
I'm up to 4524 renders, and now that I started animating again, I will know how many more animations I need within a few more weeks.
I don't have an accurate estimation of the release date; everything will depend on the remaining animation render times and how smooth the last stretch of development goes.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
Well on one hand over 3 hours of Josy and Maya but on the other hand it might be November or December before it comes out. This very well might be the best EP yet and feel like there a high chance that could happen the problem is it never should had taken this long to make. Sure when I play it I'll will forget all about that but after the bless from the orgasm Josy gives me wears off its going to feel odd. My hope is DPC learns a lesson from this even if the EP is the best this isn't sustainable in the long run for the game.

Oliver Wendell Homely

May 9, 2020
I thought so, the only developer who adds content, not cuts. Well at least he's back to animations, I hope he doesn't decide he needs a few more full animations for Madame Rose. :ROFLMAO:
It's hard to make any predictions. November? Maybe, or maybe December, or maybe 2023. I hope before that we will not die in an nuclear war.:rolleyes:
No surprises in this week's update from DPC. Last weekend I responded to someone's complaint about his "milking supporters" by saying that the increasingly complex and branching storylines would inevitably prolong the development cycle. DPC is proving that correct by indicating that there are "plenty of unique scenes for each branch." As players, we should receive this as good news. Yes, we are all very eager to play the new episode, but I love that when it is released, it will almost be like playing several new games instead of one, as each path will be unique.

My question is whether DPC will continue to let each path be so unique that his workload becomes overwhelming. Not just in terms of the time required, but also in terms of tracking all the plot and choice variations. For his own sanity and the sake of the game's progress, he will at some point need to curtail the uniqueness of the branches. However, I don't think he's there yet.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
"sigh" He dragging it a bit long this, now. Sad to see, that its seem he is not able to see a finish line, and keep feeling to "add" something to it. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Just think, if he hadn't wasted time making that stupid interlude and reintroducing the ex-bitch nobody asked for or gave a shit about, we might actually have had an October release date for the much anticipated Halloween event.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The salt is strong with this one. You may feel a certain way about Zoey but she certainly has her fans and is sure to shape the story in a certain kind of way. Let's just keep her away from lighters and gasoline and I'm sure everything is gonna be fine. Just fine. No worries. Does anybody else smell smoke?

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
No surprises in this week's update from DPC. Last weekend I responded to someone's complaint about his "milking supporters" by saying that the increasingly complex and branching storylines would inevitably prolong the development cycle. DPC is proving that correct by indicating that there are "plenty of unique scenes for each branch." As players, we should receive this as good news. Yes, we are all very eager to play the new episode, but I love that when it is released, it will almost be like playing several new games instead of one, as each path will be unique.

My question is whether DPC will continue to let each path be so unique that his workload becomes overwhelming. Not just in terms of the time required, but also in terms of tracking all the plot and choice variations. For his own sanity and the sake of the game's progress, he will at some point need to curtail the uniqueness of the branches. However, I don't think he's there yet.
I think he is overdoing now. He should really set up a strict guide line. lets say, like max 3000-3500 render, and 200-250 animation. That way at least, the story also could be more tight.
It's been a whole year since a meaningful updatet he should need a reality check now. This way a very disapointing status updatet.

and this way, is simply not sustainable. Not with this big of a cast.

BorgiaBou

Jul 24, 2021
While there is plenty of joint content,
That's all i wanted to hear from him, this will be some BS like cyberpunk 2077 where only the start had some different scenes and then evrything was joint content... the dude hypes this update like hell...:rolleyes:

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
You used DPC and strict guide in the same line are you listing to yourself
:D
But, Yeah I do. It would be interesting to see, that even his most loyal fans are, would finally start to be impatient. Right now, it feels like he doesnt know when or how to stop, of finish the episode.
That is not a good sign, this him dragging out, and streching it beyond what its need.

and in the end it's still not gonna be perfect. like episode 8. I liked the Josy content, but the dorm party where she was all "glammed up" was a total let down , just a little talking and dance.
so even episode 9 has the possibility that despite all this content, it will have missed opportunity, and the waiting for it makes it even worse.
Yeah, I think I'm disappointed with this week status update,:ROFLMAO:

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes