dempun

Dec 3, 2021
I honestly don't get all of the hate that the characters Zoey & Madame receive.
From what I've read, it appears a lot of the hate for Zoey rather involves the fact the dev took the time to create the Interlude in the first place. This in turn took away from the time he could have spent on the main story.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
I dislike Zoey because her part in the story is done. She's taking away attention and time from vastly superior girls. I mean shit, I think even Maya might be better than her, and that's saying something. The fact that she went and got tit tattoos just reinforces my already significant "what the fuck is she here for" feeling.
We will have the opportunity to find out in 5-8 weeks. I think the DPC will be able to integrate Zoey into the main story and some of the players will like it. In the script, she plays the role of a sharp plot twist in the middle of the game.
People do not care about Zoey because she was introuced WAY TOO late into the game. Personally when I see bblue hair now I think of life is strange and the worst character in video game history Chloe XD
Bad association.
For me, the blue color is associated with a police telephone booth.;)

• Haha
Reactions: Ilhares

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I honestly don't get all of the hate that the characters Zoey & Madame receive.
actually no one hates Zoey, talk of hate only serves to polarize positions.
also the interlude is not Zoey's responsibility, but DPC's in the case

but a large portion of the players really care little about her at this point in the game, then there is plenty of time to change their minds

bardock8114

Jul 11, 2022
Zoey was introduced rather early on in the game, some people just weren't paying attention. MC tells Bella all about her and their history together. You're right that a lot of people don't care about her, but she was part of the story well before the Interlude.
Yes as a memory and first love nothing really else The Interlude makes her now one of the most important characters like it is played. It feels like a cliche Jdrama now when everything you think is going well suddendly the lost big love of the past shows up for one Episode. It is a filler for me personally.

Astongally

Jan 5, 2022
actually no one hates Zoey, talk of hate only serves to polarize positions.
also the interlude is not Zoey's responsibility, but DPC's in the case

but a large portion of the players really care little about her at this point in the game, then there is plenty of time to change their minds
Of course to release a filler product like the interlude, and probably delaying several months the real update, doesn't contribute to make Zoey a favorite character, but it's not only that.

The presentation that DPC has done of her is not the best for starting liking a character. She's a brat that leaves her mother in a bad moment for her (her mother has just died), and breaks MC's heart for no good reason. Wanting to live by the beach like if it were holydays all year is a naïve and frivolous reason to leave everything behind. And the things that happens to her during her time in San Diego are boring. The characters that she finds there are cliché and uninteresting, and the things that happens to her once she leaves the MC are boring. Even herself bores of that living at the end and returns home.

Also, her personality seems to be the blue hair and the tattoos. She want's "to be herself", "to be unique", "to be special" and what she does? To follow an stupid trend... She was a frivolous brat before the tattoos, and now is a frivolous brat with tattoos. And she left for around a year, and apparently she's waiting to find it all as she left it, including the MC... She's delusional too. Those are not attractive traits for a character and DPC should know that. If the player is older of 20, will find Zoey's personality superficial and childish. Probably realistic, most people of Zoey's age are superficial and childish (and way, way older nowadays), but it doesn't make her an attractive Li, if you are asking to a character something more that the possibility of seeing some renders of her sitting in the face of Josy, for a quick fap.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Of course to release a filler product like the interlude, and probably delaying several months the real update, doesn't contribute to make Zoey a favorite character, but it's not only that.

The presentation that DPC has done of her is not the best for starting liking a character. She's a brat that leaves her mother in a bad moment for her (her mother has just died), and breaks MC's heart for no good reason. Wanting to live by the beach like if it were holydays all year is a naïve and frivolous reason to leave everything behind. And the things that happens to her during her time in San Diego are boring. The characters that she finds there are cliché and uninteresting, and the things that happens to her once she leaves the MC are boring. Even herself bores of that living at the end and returns home.

Also, her personality seems to be the blue hair and the tattoos. She want's "to be herself", "to be unique", "to be special" and what she does? To follow an stupid trend... She was a frivolous brat before the tattoos, and now is a frivolous brat with tattoos. And she left for around a year, and apparently she's waiting to find it all as she left it, including the MC... She's delusional too. Those are not attractive traits for a character and DPC should know that. If the player is older of 20, will find Zoey's personality superficial and childish. Probably realistic, most people of Zoey's age are superficial and childish (and way, way older nowadays), but it doesn't make her an attractive Li, if you are asking to a character something more that the possibility of seeing some renders of her sitting in the face of Josy, for a quick fap.
since DPC had a plan for Zoey giving her more backstory was necessary, even in my opinion the plan is not perfectly successful but it was necessary. if he had done it in the ninth chapter little would have changed and we would still have waited practically the same amount of time (2-3 weeks less maybe)

about her acting like a brat, it's true, but all the characters in BADIK do that
MC wants to drop out of college because Troy is obnoxious
Josy is punished by her parents by taking away her cell phone
Jill consoles people by making funny faces
and I could give examples for everyone

they are all brats as such are treated, evidently DPC sees teenagers this way

nyrek

Apr 19, 2021
true, quinn and whoopi take pretty much the same spot on the hot scale :Kappa:

I dislike Zoey because her part in the story is done. She's taking away attention and time from vastly superior girls. I mean shit, I think even Maya might be better than her, and that's saying something. The fact that she went and got tit tattoos just reinforces my already significant "what the fuck is she here for" feeling.
I disagree, she wouldn't get a whole semi-episode just like that if she's done. her part in the story is just starting and I'm pretty sure she'll stir some shit up.

Reactions: Geralt From Rivia

bardock8114

Jul 11, 2022
I disagree, she wouldn't get a whole semi-episode just like that if she's done. her part in the story is just starting and I'm pretty sure she'll stir some shit up.
AS I said it is a filler when everything goes well the EX is coming back to create some conflict. It is boring and cliche. Personally when I see her I will ignore her as much as he lets me. Also SHE endet the relaationship not the MC. Why should I care about a person that caused "me" so much pain?

edit: Also the MC would be an idiot to know being confused about some old Ex first love with what he has now.

nyrek

Apr 19, 2021
AS I said it is a filler when everything goes well the EX is coming back to create some conflict. It is boring and cliche. Personally when I see her I will ignore her as much as he lets me. Also SHE endet the relaationship not the MC. Why should I care about a person that caused "me" so much pain?

edit: Also the MC would be an idiot to know being confused about some old Ex first love with what he has now.
well, how you play the story is your choice in the end, that's the whole point of having choices.
apart from the unavoidable stuff, of course, like playing tennis

and as far as cliches go, I'm completely fine with a quality done cliche as this one compared to millions of OH SORRY MC I DID NOT SEE YOU THERE IN YOUR ROOM WHICH I ENTERED WITHOUT KNOCKING WHILE YOU WERE UNDRESSING, NEED HELP WITH THAT ERECTION?

bardock8114

Jul 11, 2022
well, how you play the story is your choice in the end, that's the whole point of having choices.
apart from the unavoidable stuff, of course, like playing tennis

and as far as cliches go, I'm completely fine with a quality done cliche as this one compared to millions OH SORRY MC I DID NOT SEE YOU THERE IN YOUR ROOM WHICH I ENTERED WITHOUT KNOCKING WHILE YOU WERE UNDRESSING, NEED HELP WITH THAT ERECTION?
More branches also means less time with the girls you have now. The more characters who gets involved as love interests the longer this will take. We already have a lot of options. And yes there should be an Option for the MC to become a stupid idiot. But with another women or better his ex who ditched him?

Maybe we should stop adding new love interests and actually go with the story. Like whats with the whole ddrug business? The last reveal and so on . I mean didnt he say it also gets dark? Where is the dark part? Or did I just miss this because I am on a different path with Bella?

nyrek

Apr 19, 2021
More branches also means less time with the girls you have now. The more characters who gets involved as love interests the longer this will take. We already have a lot of options. And yes there should be an Option for the MC to become a stupid idiot. But with another women or better his ex who ditched him?

Maybe we should stop adding new love interests and actually go with the story. Like whats with the whole ddrug business? The last reveal and so on . I mean didnt he say it also gets dark? Where is the dark part? Or did I just miss this because I am on a different path with Bella?
well, maybe. but we don't really get a say in this
if we did, I'd throw jill and quinn right out of the fucking airlock episodes ago.
but instead I had the honour of practicing yoga, playing tennis, having to see tybalt content, quinn being a bitch to everyone close to her, drug dealing, prostitution... did I miss something? dumb shit with those two is the dark part of this game for me.
I'd take zoey over those any day.
but yeah, well, that's just like my opinion man. right?

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
This pointless argument about Zoey's presence in the plot is incredibly funny. Because the "I hate Zoey" brigade cannot change anything, no matter how much they talk about it - it is embedded in the story and will continue to influence the plot. Then why talk about this topic for almost 8 months?

bardock8114

Jul 11, 2022
This pointless argument about Zoey's presence in the plot is incredibly funny. Because the "I hate Zoey" brigade cannot change anything, no matter how much they talk about it - it is embedded in the story and will continue to influence the plot. Then why talk about this topic for almost 8 months?
You can not change many things in life but that does not mean you should not say anything if you do not like it. Will it change anything? No it will not not in this game at least. But this also can be seen as experience for future game developers or future projects. You can only learn from criticism and failure

but yeah, well, that's just like my opinion man. right?
Sure just like the hate of Zoey is just an Opinion. It is not even a real person it is just a fictional charakter many people hate or do not like.,

Last edited:

nyrek

Apr 19, 2021
I feel like I need to add this
when the interlude was introduced, I had the same opinion as bardock. as time went by and I played it... let's say I stopped having any particular emotions towards it.
I can't say I like or dislike zoey. I am sort of indifferent towards her for now. the whole san diego story is... meh?
but she does have some nice renders in it, some of the best DPC's work. you might say it's wasted on her but it's there nonetheless

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
You can not change many things in life but that does not mean you should not say anything if you do not like it. Will it change anything? No it will not not in this game at least. But this also can be seen as experience for future game developers or future projects. You can only learn from criticism and failure
For me, Interlude and such a sudden introduction of a character are normal, especially since I have more than 10 saves and I will find a place for Zoey, this is not a problem for me.
But for your group...isn't it easier to accept the situation? Spend 8 months on this? In 4-6 weeks, no one will remember about it.

bardock8114

Jul 11, 2022
For me, Interlude and such a sudden introduction of a character are normal, especially since I have more than 10 saves and I will find a place for Zoey, this is not a problem for me.
But for your group...isn't it easier to accept the situation? Spend 8 months on this? In 4-6 weeks, no one will remember about it.
My Group? Who is this group you are talking about? And yes people will remember because now she is in the story and wasting time and is just creating unnecessary conflict no one wants.

Zoey is not a one shot but as far as I know she will be now part of the main game. She now has more history than any of these other girls already and the question is WHY?

I would be happy about every Girl getting a special Flashback episode but why someone "new"?

Professor Historian

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
The scene at the end when he is obligated to chose a love interest -- after only two months of college! when he is banging everybody (or at least can do)! -- also makes no sense at all from a DIK's point of view. It's like DPC is forcing the chickanization of character down our throats. In the end the MC has the same personality and the dik-o-meter only serves to foreclose some dating/sex possibilities, because his personality always end up being the same.
I so agree with this. Even when you choose the DIK's path the MC is always so nice and wishy-washy it's annoying. I don't want to be fucking Charlie Brown. The only time I felt like a DIK was when I punched Tommy and with Becky. It's not like I want MC to be a douche, but he could be more assertive for sure.

Astongally

Jan 5, 2022
since DPC had a plan for Zoey giving her more backstory was necessary, even in my opinion the plan is not perfectly successful but it was necessary. if he had done it in the ninth chapter little would have changed and we would still have waited practically the same amount of time (2-3 weeks less maybe)

about her acting like a brat, it's true, but all the characters in BADIK do that
MC wants to drop out of college because Troy is obnoxious
Josy is punished by her parents by taking away her cell phone
Jill consoles people by making funny faces
and I could give examples for everyone

they are all brats as such are treated, evidently DPC sees teenagers this way
Zoey's backstory is not so interesting. A flashback have been more than enough. And making a full update with music, minigames and all is not a 2-3 weeks job. We would already have the real update since September, probably.

MC wants to drop out college because the second night he finds himself naked in the middle of the street without even a place to sleep. And it's just for less than an hour, until he finds Derek. Everybody would have a bad moment and would like to just go home and feel safe in a situation like that one.

Josy is childish. She wants it all and she wants it now, MC and Maya, and she doesn't want to be a grown up. She even says that during her date with the MC. So, her parents treat her like a child. Another character that I don't understand why people find attractive, except because want to see some renders of hers sitting on Maya's face.

Jill is making a joke, that's all. She's not a brat. Actually, she's a pretty decent character with a lot of positive traits, she really cares about the MC, and her narrative arc is not bad (it's Tybalt narrative arc the bad one). But people here doesn't like her because DPC made a mistake with her mouth and her smile looks weird :FacePalm: If I know something, is that most of people only care about the characters looking good and don't even think about their real personalities. Well, I'm sorry, but I like characters for their personalities and acts more than due how their mouths look.

For sure, there are other bad characters in BADIK.

Reactions: goldenrule91

nyrek

Apr 19, 2021
Jill is making a joke, that's all. She's not a brat. Actually, she's a pretty decent character with a lot of positive traits, she really cares about the MC, and her narrative arc is not bad (it's Tybalt narrative arc the bad one). But people here doesn't like her because DPC made a mistake with her mouth and her smile looks weird :FacePalm: If I know something, is that most of people only care about the characters looking good and don't even think about their real personalities. Well, I'm sorry, but I like characters for their personalities and acts more than due how their mouths look.
wait, you're serious?

jill is by far the most useless character in the entire story. brings literally nothing. if you removed her, the main story wouldn't suffer at all. her "arc", if there is any at all, is complete shit. she is the mary sue and obvious bait for every neckbeard.
she tells on chad because it's aparently 3rd grade. treats fuckface as an idiot in the process. you crap on joey for actually acting her age, while you tolerate jill's tattling even though fuckface told her he wants her to do nothing about it?
at least zoey has done something impulsive in her life, which shows she has some character. jill has been playing her role of a good daughter to rich parents, even after having a sister who got kicked out of the house for acting differently.
she's naive as fuck (this is stated in the game as well)
apart from acting cocky in the rusty-coming-to-college flashback, she just lets everyone else walk over her, especially an idiot like tybalt.
her face is BY FAR the least of her problems.
but, yeah, rofl that face :ROFLMAO:

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes