NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
The car salesman is also the father of Maya or Josy ... I think it's a DPC failure in chapter 8.
But to see this character you have to lose in the quest to repair the mansion, for Rusty to sell his car and pay for the damage
I am pretty sure Maya's father is supposed to be a car salesman and they live local, so if its him, probably no mistake. I don't remember anything about what job Josy's dad has.

Reactions: Redd23 and shazba

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
The car salesman is also the father of Maya or Josy ... I think it's a DPC failure in chapter 8.
But to see this character you have to lose in the quest to repair the mansion, for Rusty to sell his car and pay for the damage
Maya's father I think

Reactions: shazba

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
yeah its Mayas father.

And Maya is a local, they live near college, she said that in the first encounter with her that she was many time on campus and knows it cause they live near by.

Cant really remember if its mentioned what the job of her father is, but its definitly him in chapter 8 buying rustys car. So he is obviously a car salesman... maybe even own the business?

Josys family lives far away, like MC too... need some hours drive by train/car. And we saw her dad in episode 5... btw nice guy, wouldnt hurt to see him more often, visit Josy or maybe MC+Josy visit him, show him they are a couple and such... of course, more Neil is a must too.

I only played it ONCE in a playthrough to fail the mansion game on purpose just to see the outcome. After seeing it i decided there is nothing much to it, and every other playthrough i just finished the minigame and to be honest... it was kinda pointless in the end, its not even a challenge to manage it, really, you just CANT fail this game if you play it that is... but saying its pointless, i enjoy it anyways... added some depth to the whole game i think. But it could be way more challenging i think so there would be a possibility to "fail" the thing... cause no matter what, if you "try" to manage it, you will...

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
Aaahh thinking of maya... nearly everbody thinks that she will stay in college either way. (cause she is a maingirl and needs to stay in the story) but i think many forget that she lives near by anyway... its a possibility that she has to leave college, wouldnt change anything reagarding her role in the game. She could easily visit campus every day, maybe even work near by as a waitress or such.

I wont rule it out that the whole tuition thing blows up for her and dont get a "happy ending"...

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
I am pretty sure Maya's father is supposed to be a car salesman and they live local, so if its him, probably no mistake. I don't remember anything about what job Josy's dad has.
Maya's father I think
yeah its Mayas father.

And Maya is a local, they live near college, she said that in the first encounter with her that she was many time on campus and knows it cause they live near by.

Cant really remember if its mentioned what the job of her father is, but its definitly him in chapter 8 buying rustys car. So he is obviously a car salesman... maybe even own the business?

Josys family lives far away, like MC too... need some hours drive by train/car. And we saw her dad in episode 5... btw nice guy, wouldnt hurt to see him more often, visit Josy or maybe MC+Josy visit him, show him they are a couple and such... of course, more Neil is a must too.

I only played it ONCE in a playthrough to fail the mansion game on purpose just to see the outcome. After seeing it i decided there is nothing much to it, and every other playthrough i just finished the minigame and to be honest... it was kinda pointless in the end, its not even a challenge to manage it, really, you just CANT fail this game if you play it that is... but saying its pointless, i enjoy it anyways... added some depth to the whole game i think. But it could be way more challenging i think so there would be a possibility to "fail" the thing... cause no matter what, if you "try" to manage it, you will...
There's a very good chance it's deliberately meant to be Patrick Baily (Maya & Derek's dad), and not just a lazy reuse of the same model.

It's not his dealership though, since it's called "Richard's Auto Sales", but no reason he can't be a salesman there.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
But it makes sense he's a lying sack of shit used care salesman! (No offence to any used car salesmen on the forum, I'm sure your all decent and honest :p)

Also adds some weight as to how he bamboozled Maya with the loan, probably did a swifty through his own financier.

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
There's a very good chance it's deliberately meant to be Patrick Baily (Maya & Derek's dad), and not just a lazy reuse of the same model.

It's not his dealership though, since it's called "Richard's Auto Sales", but no reason he can't be a salesman there.
But it makes sense he's a lying sack of shit used care salesman! (No offence to any used car salesmen on the forum, I'm sure your all decent and honest :p)

Also adds some weight as to how he bamboozled Maya with the loan, probably did a swifty through his own financier.
If it looks Patrick talks like Patrick and acts like Patrick its probably bob:ROFLMAO:

myukimo

Nov 18, 2021

But look at the behind the scene detail that's Shibuya from Yakuza games... Although many fantasy games are created from ARK... Normal ARK has a good outdoor mapping system and its graphical detail is good to this day. In Leap of Faith there is a scene where Cece and her friend come out where they are on the map of the island of ARK,
And it's funny to see how in some images the trees appear and disappear because DPC has to cut them down by hand probably with the moderator's rifle :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: shazba

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

Because at the end of the day, this student loan business with a girl without a job as guarantor, if you put your mind to it, but you have to put your mind to it, makes a little sense.

Never give up

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Because at the end of the day, this student loan business with a girl without a job as guarantor, if you put your mind to it, but you have to put your mind to it, makes a little sense.

Never give up
The easy way out for DPC on this debacle is very, very simple: Patrick lied to Maya (i.e. he's bluffing). There is no other solution.

But we should all know the true story by now... :giggle:

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
I don't see that he really has any intersection with MC, so I don't see what a red herring that would be
Was referring to the timing of the dead grandma and if he never actually did anything wrong to the MC would be easier to connect with him if related. But I tend to go with DPC mind games, if I had to guess.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
The easy way out for DPC on this debacle is very, very simple: Patrick lied to Maya (i.e. he's bluffing). There is no other solution.

But we should all know the true story by now... :giggle:
after killing Jill cerebrally, it is not out of the question that he kills Maya as well, after all, they are kids in love

and the BR selects only the best of American youth

I don't think DPC will ever do that, he is proud of his perfect plan

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020

Never give up
If the loans are in Patrick's name or if he co sign so Maya can get the loan I think it works, that DPC is a fucking lazy ass milker:Kappa::ROFLMAO:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Was referring to the timing of the dead grandma and if he never actually did anything wrong to the MC would be easier to connect with him if related. But I tend to go with DPC mind games, if I had to guess.
but in what sense? i don't understand

do you think Rich and MC might be related and contenders for inheritance? that the dead grandmother is Lynette's mother?

may be, after all it was not clear what motivation the money that came to MC had....

If the loans are in Patrick's name or if he co sign so Maya can get the loan I think it works, that DPC is a fucking lazy ass milker:Kappa::ROFLMAO:
except for the curious detail that if Maya does not repay the debt it is she who ends up bankrupt....
basically Maya borrows for her father, what a golden child!!!!:love::love::love:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Darkwen

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
except for the curious detail that if Maya does not repay the debt it is she who ends up bankrupt....
basically Maya borrows for her father, what a golden child!!!!:love::love:
Loans 101 for anyone who doesn't know shit about getting a loan (looking at you Maya):
  1. Typically you can't get a loan if you don't have a means to paying it off (income or collateral)
  2. A guarantor or co-signer can help you with this, but they have to prove they have the means to pay it off (income or collateral).
  3. You can't be a co-signer or guarantor if you don't have any income or collateral.
  4. Student loans typically don't need a guarantor or co-signer anyway since it's all about helping you to get to the point where you will have an income.
So ultimately if what Maya believes is true (that she is a co-signer on the loan), it would mean that she and her dad are equally responsible for paying her loan. If she doesn't pay it off, her dad still has to, or if he doesn't pay it off, she has to. The bank doesn't give a fuck, they either both pay the loan off or they both get bad credit ratings.

Now typically she should be the borrower (not the co-signer) and her dad would be the co-signer, not the other way around as the game has it. Because that would mean she passed a credit check and has either the income or collateral to pay the loan off, which we know she doesn't.

Also, Maya isn't a guarantor (meaning she's 100% responsible for the loan if her dad doesn't pay). She's a co-signer, meaning she's equally responsible as her dad. If she was the borrower and her dad was the co-signer (which is how it should be), or the other way around (where Maya is the co-signer - as she believes the case to be), it doesn't change the outcome. They both have to pay and it means the dad doesn't actually have any leverage.

So all of that means that DPC doesn't know what he's on about, or Maya doesn't know what she's on about. Both are plausible. So I'll just go with the one that works: Maya's dad bullshitted her to scare her into doing what he wants and she doesn't know shit about loans and never thought of looking for information on the Internet. The girl is looking for a degree in social work... :rolleyes:

EDIT: It seems that in some circles, a co-signer is the same as a guarantor (which means ultimately Maya would be responsible for the debt even though she couldn't have proven to have income or collateral in the first place). Other sources indicate the co-signer is almost like a co-borrower (except the co-signer doesn't get anything tangible out of it). So that just fucks shit up even more. Ultimately Maya couldn't be either, she hasn't got shit.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes