felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I don't think that's fair. If DPC said the dad wouldn't pay for her college, how many people do you think would be screaming, "Student loan bitch!"

It's possible that DPC has simply just used one wrong word: "Cosigner". If he said "coborrower" or "joint loan" it would have all made sense, particularly if it was a cash loan.

In episode 6 Maya says the following:

Maya: "He fooled me into co-signing my student loan and afterward he gave me the ultimatum that I couldn't see Josy ever again."​
Maya: "If I did, he'd withhold the funds and I would be fucked financially for the rest of my life."​
Maya: "No money for college and forever in debt."​
Maya: "All of this because he can't stand that he has a gay daughter!"​

And in episode 7 she slightly elaborates:

Maya: "He prepared a student loan application where I was a cosigner."​
Maya: "I don't know how those things work, and I trusted him."​
Maya: "You should be able to trust your parents..."​
Maya: "But as it turned out, he's in control of the money."​
Maya: "That doesn't leave me with a lot of options."​
Maya: "I can't take another loan because my credit will be fucked, and I wouldn't have the money to repay the debt."​
mc: "Can't you talk to a lawyer or something? Maybe there's a way to get out of it."​
Maya: "I don't know what I'm doing... Or who to talk to. And I certainly don't have the money to hire a lawyer."​

It's not so dreadfully flawed, since what it does is it puts Maya in debt, meaning she now can't get a student loan (as she already has a loan), and it gave her father access to the money.

If she just took out a student loan, it would have been made out to the school and that would be that. But if she and her dad took out a cash loan, and he took control of the money, he could still be paying the loan of slowly, but meanwhile she wouldn't have access to the money and wouldn't be able to get another loan.

But any dad that did all that to his adult daughter deserves a bullet in the head. That's why I reckon he's just bluffing.

Season 3 won't be released on Steam until episode 12 is complete. We're still waiting for episode 9 to be released. So it's gonna be 2+ years before you see another release on Steam. :eek:

The issue is that Maya said she was the cosigner. That doesn't make any sense.

But even if he was the cosigner, he has no legal right to the funds, he's just backup to make sure the loan is paid off.

Taking out a joint cash loan is the only way the dad could hold on to the funds. And as long as the loan is being paid off (for however long the loan period was set), there's nothing particularly illegal about it. But if he's a cosigner, then he is basically stealing Maya's money. If she's the cosigner, absolutely nothing makes sense.

So the two working solutions are:
  • It's a joint cash loan (and DPC used the wrong term)
  • The dad is bluffing (just like Tybalt did)
EDIT: Just read this on a UK guarantor website:

So what rights do you have as a guarantor?
You control the money: When the payment is made and the loan is funded, the money will go to your bank account as the guarantor. You then have a two week cooling period allowing you decide if you want to give the money to the borrower or send it back to the lender with no extra charges.
This is quite a pivotal position and if you do not fully trust the person you have agreed to sign with or want to manage their spend, you can give the money to them in stages and help them manage cashflow more effectively.

So yeah, the dad being a guarantor works. Although DPC keeps using the term cosigner, which sometimes seems the same as a guarantor, other times it doesn't. Anyway, it completely works if the dad is the guarantor, so don't know why he had Maya say she was the cosigner. But that significantly reduces the issues around the loan.
and in fact in this way DPC avoided Maya being criticized...I would say a really successful choice:cool::cool:. still improvable though by making Maya a fool who doesn't read what she signed even after she signed it and that risks ruining her life.

the student loan then is relatively easy to get but it's not like it's for everyone, there are income and merit requirements anyway, so all it took was Maya being relatively rich and not particularly smart in school to cut her off from the official student loan

whether she is a guarantor or a co-signer really changes little of the substance: the point is who has to pay back the money, and the bank takes the money from those who have it, it's not like it splits the loan into 2 portions and one agrees not to cash it in, in no situation would a bank go after a girl with no income when it can make it up to a man with a salary, a house, a business. banks want money, not justice,

Reactions: ppwlkr and shazba

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
1. Why Bella's house is juts a façade, like a a studio prop? Is her house not real? Did MCs hallucinations were more than we thought they were? It's clear that her house is just a front with no depth:

screenshot0048.png
I believe what you see here is a simple reflection of the sky behind viewer/camera. The interior isn't lit and without this lighting the windows become effectively fully opaque.

sorry for breaking the joke

mightybored

Jul 5, 2021
I think nowadays everybody knows each other surnames from Facebook and other alike social networks. Of course there are those who use aliases or noms de plume there, but most regular people use their name and surname. One could say that there's no such a thing in the game, but does it doesn't show up because it's meaningless to the plot or it doesn't exist?

And yeah... It would be very weird not to know the name of his professors... It's weird enough to call them by their first names... Since the game takes place in an obviously American scenario (otherwise why the MC would need a fake ID to go to a bar when he's already over 18), it's uncommon there not to call professors using Mr. or Mrs. Surname. Anyway, I think it's obvious that Mrs. Jade is Mrs. Burke since she's married to Mr. Burke; thus, we have Miss Sage Burke and Mr. Tybalt Burke.

B.t.w., nice tip this one of putting name surname (profession) in phone contacts. It's a good idea to do it even for mistresses. It will only get suspicious when waifu complains about 20 calls and 100 messages to the "florist" -- "Hey! Why you're messaging the florist so much, always asking for 'more of her rosebud'!?"
Jade teaches the Feminism class, she probably uses her pre-marriage last name. Jade McGillicutty or something, to make it seem even less likely she's married to Burke with a couple kids.

Jacob did try and tell MC that Sage is who she is, but got cut off mid-convo by something. So it's likely MC is the only one of the DIKs that didn't know who Sage's parents are.

• Haha
Reactions: The Dick

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
True... And you're being generous, because it's been almost a year from the last de facto update (yeah... I know the Interlude was a de jure update, but it doesn't count)...

But we have more weird stuff going on like:

1. Why Bella's house is juts a façade, like a a studio prop? Is her house not real? Did MCs hallucinations were more than we thought they were? It's clear that her house is just a front with no depth:

View attachment 2129112
This is the most terrible secret of the game. The world of Tremolo is just a simulation and doesn't exist outside of game renders. He lives in a simulation, in the Matrix of a Swedish indie video game developer.
This can be seen in another render at Bella's location - behind her house ... emptiness. There are no houses there.
The tremolo needs to figure this out ASAP...and stay in the simulation. Because the real world in 2022 is much worse. :HideThePain: MC, take the blue pill and stay there.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
This is the most terrible secret of the game. The world of Tremolo is just a simulation and doesn't exist outside of game renders. He lives in a simulation, in the Matrix of a Swedish indie video game developer.
This can be seen in another render at Bella's location - behind her house ... emptiness. There are no houses there.
The tremolo needs to figure this out ASAP...and stay in the simulation. Because the real world in 2022 is much worse. :HideThePain: MC, take the blue pill and stay there.
1666947814895.png

They never listen.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
No weekly update, did DPC run away with the money to Bahamas or smth???
We've been relying on fans to provide the weekly updates since N7 is just "too busy" for us low lives. :cry:

Problem is, now we don't know if the updates that get posted are the real deal or some half-assed forgery. :eek:

And the mods just delete them all. :rolleyes:

So yeah, eventually a kind patron will post the update for us; who knows what wonderful news is in store for us today. :giggle:

Or not. :poop:

Reactions: n0cn1l

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
OK. I've never seen this photo of Rusty at the dealership. What route was that on?
If you don't earn enough money to fully repair the mansion, Rusty sells his car to cover the difference. This requires failing the mansion repair mini-game. If you disabled minigames, then it requires either: keep the VIP pass AND work at the Pink Rose, or have less than 6 +DIK Reputation (which is distinct from both DIK Status and DIK Affinity).

No weekly update, did DPC run away with the money to Bahamas or smth???
It's not uncommon for DPC to post the update later in the day. Given that in the last update he was planning to pose all the remaining art, he may well be trying to cram in the last of the posing before he releases the update. We should know relatively soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: lollar2112

Sh0gvn

Dec 19, 2021

This week I worked on different tasks, including:
  • Finishing the remaining lewd scenes
  • Wrote three new scenes and made the art for them
  • Polished and expanded a few scenes
  • Wrote bios and added some characters to the Bios app
  • Fixed the credits section for v0.9.0
  • Made the "Previously on Being a DIK" section
  • Added ending screens and end reports
Work that remains:
  • Make some missing GUI for the new mini-game
  • Add music (A couple of scenes remains)
  • Add SFX (A couple of SFX remains)
  • Special renders/2D art (Testing remains)
  • Scenes Gallery (Testing remains)
  • Verify bug fixes from the Interlude
  • Playtest and polish (40%)
Phone content:
  • Rooster (2 clucks remain)
  • Stats, Bios and Vault (Testing remains)
As you can see, most of the manual work left is testing and polishing the episode.

Further insight:

4887 static renders are complete (0 in the render queue)
The number of animations for episode 9 at the moment is 303.
  • 258 animations are completed
  • 45 animations are in the render queue
The planned animations have been posed, and during this upcoming week, I'll try to estimate how long the render time will be for the entire animation queue.
I will try to finish all tasks in the checklist above aside from the playtest and polish task. Then I will continue to playtest and polish while the animations render. After that, beta testing and proofreading can start.

The truckload of work for episode 9 is almost dealt with. Now it's all about nailing the details.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022

His computers only rendered 6 animations in a week. :HideThePain:
Weird jumps in the animation production cycle, a week ago it was 12/week
I don’t know why it was so slow, or he added and processed static again (judging by the growth of static renderers - yes), or these animations were complex and big. But it's damn slow anyway.
I hope 303 is the total number of animations, because if this psycho adds another scene with Madame, then we will have to wait until Christmas.:ROFLMAO::HideThePain: If this is the end, then there are 45 animations left in the queue until the end.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes