SomboSteel

May 8, 2017
I'm not really understanding the dislike some people have for the latest chapter. Personally, I think this was a good update. What I think it might be attributed to is that chapter 9 is almost like a new game entirely. By that I mean because of the interlude and the focus on being with only one girl, it seems like we're starting with an entirely new game that, while it is connected to, feels somewhat separated from the first eight chapters.

When chapter 1 first rolled out we were genuinely enthralled by the story and characters and were desperate to see more of them and where they go. By chapter 9 we've become fully invested in them and their stories. However, since this latest update could feel somewhat like another chapter 1 in a new storyline, we feel kind of cheated out of more time with the characters since we've followed them for so long. Could the creator have made this update longer with more to do? Maybe. However, I don't feel like I was shorted. It was an enjoyable start to the second edition of the DIK saga.

Of course, I might just be biased because of Bella's spectacular ass :BootyTime:
people disliked this episode because we waited a year and nothing significant happened regarding the narrative. The supposed “consequences“ of last episodes cliffhanger were meaningless. It has repetitive “gameplay” that essentially amounted to filler content with our usual cliffhanger/mystery ongoing in the background that only serve to set up future drama (that may or may not also end up being meaningless when it comes time to deliver on the set up).

the update is short and tedious to replay, you basically spend no real time with any of the main girls and the Vixens are barely in it and also pointless.

that’s just my initial conclusions, mind you. I have yet to finish each path and will better compose my thoughts in a future post. But gut instinct tells me that the above reasons are why people are greatly disappointed with this episode. Hope that helps you

Last edited:

SecretAsian

Jun 22, 2018
With Bella as my main, after punching/kicking out Oscar, there's a scene where Bella arrives at the party to see Jill when she's already at the party in a mummy costume. After Sage toasts mummy Bella the game loops back to when when uncostumed Bella arrives. Please fix.

Reactions: xceratxx

Shimizu69

Feb 13, 2020
You can skip the haunted mansion minigame entirely by writing
Code:
jump ep9_hm_escape_event_label
on the console.

And fix the Jill/Bella looping by writing
Code:
jump ep9_diks_ph2_mains2_event_label
on the console also.
Sorry not trying to sound stupid but how do you write in console while in the game?

Tadpol

Mar 22, 2021
I think the structure of the episode (a big freeroam and 2-3 flashbacks), plus the passage of time that is limited to Halloween night, makes it feel like it's short.

The very tedious side of the replays to see the different branches, that doesn't help either.

The worst is that I think that in each branch, we spend no less time with the LI than in the previous episodes (maybe even more). But since it's in the same place, in a very short period of time, it gives a different impression.

This episode left me very surprised/disappointed.

Something about the Vixens. The EP9 poster with the 3 girls was a simple illustration. Many took it literally. The vixens are not them in particular, but all the girls who tempt us during the evening (especially if we have chosen an LI).

Starrky

Nov 20, 2021
I haven’t finished multiple runs yet but it feels like the only meaningful thing that happens is the beginning and the drama with Tommy’s guest ps fuck him

Reactions: SomboSteel

JLP603

Apr 25, 2019
image_2022-12-17_181636367.png
image_2022-12-17_181750577.png
Anyone able to get a scene wherein they DO both have their hands on fuckface's crotch? I think this was the closest positive experience you can get while seeing the both of them without jade being mad?

Nov 14, 2021
Wish they'd fuck harder and faster. Even the "rough" sex is like super slow and careful. How is the sex with Quinn basically the same as with Jill (unless you do anal)?

Other than that, free roam is a bit of a pain and the party planning was a bit annoying. Story didn't progress that much. Halloween is my least favorite holiday. No best girl Riona scene (but that's understandable since she's been dicked downed plenty already).

Let's see how long it takes until next update... won't hold my breath

Waynew91

Dec 13, 2017
Damn the update keeps closing when Tommy and Jacob talk about the party an Jacob says "it's one scary fucking mansion"

Shimizu69

Feb 13, 2020
Wish they'd fuck harder and faster. Even the "rough" sex is like super slow and careful. How is the sex with Quinn basically the same as with Jill (unless you do anal)?

Other than that, free roam is a bit of a pain and the party planning was a bit annoying. Story didn't progress that much. Halloween is my least favorite holiday. No best girl Riona scene (but that's understandable since she's been dicked downed plenty already).

Let's see how long it takes until next update... won't hold my breath
i would guess at least 6 mo... not sure what kind of PC DPC has or uses but man they are sure slow. You would think he would have 4090's pushing out the scenes so he can get them done faster and make more money.

Reactions: Crepusculum

SomboSteel

May 8, 2017
Something about the Vixens. The EP9 poster with the 3 girls was a simple illustration. Many took it literally. The vixens are not them in particular, but all the girls who tempt us during the evening (especially if we have chosen an LI).
that’s a very fair assessment in hindsight.

But forever ago when we were teased with the poster and title, it was a totally fair assessment that those 3 specific girls would at the very least play a major role in the Halloween party itself, if not also be new characters tangential to the main narrative in some capacity.

if we have to accept that the entire concept of “the Vixens” was merely a metaphor for the temptation faced by MC after DPC literally forces the player to make some kind of cementing relationship decision, then this episode really is the sum of all fears in regards to DPC telling a succinct and meaningful story

stormhawk

Sep 17, 2020
But until the end of v0.8.0 the vn was like this... I managed to finish neutral (if I remember correctly 4 or 5 girls to choose from).
In my opinion it was good like that... and with more content with each update!
But Dark Souls has level ..up ,mission ,items ,maps is not so far from Jrpg even looking like FPS (well except dying 99999)
play acting lessons , see the ending, come to me , its more devestating than 1000 dark soul deaths

Nov 14, 2021
i would guess at least 6 mo... not sure what kind of PC DPC has or uses but man they are sure slow. You would think he would have 4090's pushing out the scenes so he can get them done faster and make more money.
The longer the rendering takes the more money he makes though. Given how many Patreons DPC has.

6 months is fair I guess, if there's plenty of content. This episode felt really short though.

Reactions: cuterabbit
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes