stOrM!

Sep 23, 2019
I have this too when the party blacks out.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/scripts/misc/flashlight.rpy", line 23, in render
TypeError: '<' not supported between instances of 'NoneType' and 'int'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scripts/freeroam/episode9/ep9_blackout.rpyc", line 31, in script
  …
I' was able to localize the problem for myself (and probably some other problems I've had with various games here) and that is:

I always convert the PC versions of the games to a MAC version using the Renpy SDK 8.0.3.

The code in the Flashlight.rpy seems to be incompatible to this SDK. Therefore I used the Renpy SDK 7.5.3 especially for this game to generate a MAC version from the PC version which solved any problems for me.

rapiidz1

Nov 10, 2020
when I try to unzip the file like the instructiones for Mac tells you to. The step where I have to write "cd ./BeingADIK_Season3" into the terminal it tells me "cd: no such file or directory: ./BeingADIK_Season3"

Anyone got a clue?
Dude same here. I tried both methods and I still don't know what's wrong.

c.mork

Nov 3, 2022
Anyone able to get a scene wherein they DO both have their hands on fuckface's crotch? I think this was the closest positive experience you can get while seeing the both of them without jade being mad?
Doubt it's possible. You have to break up with one of them at the end of ep8.

Reactions: JLP603

hakuna-matata

May 30, 2020
people disliked this episode because we waited a year and nothing significant happened regarding the narrative. The supposed “consequences“ of last episodes cliffhanger were meaningless. It has repetitive “gameplay” that essentially amounted to filler content with our usual cliffhanger/mystery ongoing in the background that only serve to set up future drama (that may or may not also end up being meaningless when it comes time to deliver on the set up).

the update is short and tedious to replay, you basically spend no real time with any of the main girls and the Vixens are barely in it and also pointless.

that’s just my initial conclusions, mind you. I have yet to finish each path and will better compose my thoughts in a future post. But gut instinct tells me that the above reasons are why people are greatly disappointed with this episode. Hope that helps you

This is by far the worst episode. It's just a free roam and nothing else. It has 0 story progression. It becomes even more annoying and tedious when you have multiple playthroughs. I had to force myself to do the other playthroughs. I had about 20 something save files.

Now, it will take another year just to get to, maybe Thanksgiving.

Last edited:

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
Question regarding Riona this episode: Does she only decide you're relationship material if you've taken yourself off the market? I'd be sad, but I would honestly respect the solid troll if that's the case.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Glooskabe

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
The worst is that I think that in each branch, we spend no less time with the LI than in the previous episodes (maybe even more). But since it's in the same place, in a very short period of time, it gives a different impression.
Yeah the overal time whith each of the main LI's may be the same as in other ep's.
But the time was split beetwen several scenes and between free roams, the scenes are short and most them are just a bit of fluff....like it really doesn't matter with whom you do the haunted house thing, except Sage, which enjoys a a bit of fun in the pillory :LOL:.
And in the end it's still the same party, doing the same things, most of the content is the free roam and the shared content, well you get a nice scene with each main LI at the end, loved the Nicole cuddling.
Something about the Vixens. The EP9 poster with the 3 girls was a simple illustration. Many took it literally. The vixens are not them in particular, but all the girls who tempt us during the evening (especially if we have chosen an LI).
I mean, if temptation was the goal, not being able to cheat defeats the whole point...
Even on the others path, there is a lot of teasing but not much else.
The very tedious side of the replays to see the different branches, that doesn't help either.
True, after the first run, i didn't really want to go through it again...in the end i forced myself 5 times throught it (for each of the main LI's and others path), but there is no way i will do this an other +10 times to see small differences in the same routes...

Last edited:

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
I just want to tell everybody a few things (advices/warnings):

FIRST: Episode 9, if you don't disable "special effects" in the options ---> settings menu, the haunted house minigame will be a nightmarish unpleasant experience. So, disable "special effects" when you enter the haunted house and when the light turns off.

SECOND: the fucking damn key in the skeleton cage is here: https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-v0-9-0-dr-pinkcake.25332/post-9625255

THIRD: Episode 9 will hugely disappoint you if you played 1 gameplay only or just a couple of different gameplays. The game HUGELY branches after the main choice towards the end of Episode 8. If you only played a DIK gameplay and a Chick gameplay only, you will be disappointed.
You'd better play a Sage DIK path, a Sage neutral/chick path, an Others DIK path, a Jill path, a Bella path, and a Josy&Maya path at least.

Remember: the more different paths you play after the end of Episode 8 the more you will enjoy the game from now on.

This is what BaDIK has become.
It took 5 minites for me to play the haunted house and find all keys. It's actually easy.
For these who don't want experience that i would recommend choose "telling scary story" during party planning.

Reactions: Mtmtmt007

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
Damn the update keeps closing when Tommy and Jacob talk about the party an Jacob says "it's one scary fucking mansion"
You have modded saves, download saves from the OP page, or wait untill mods get updated.
i lost my save files... anyone got all the different routes before s3 ?
Check 1st page under 'Extras'

JohnDelfino

Mar 27, 2020
Sage branch

Expectation:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reailty:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Is this an out of season April Fool's joke? Does DPC review his work for consistency check?
You make a big decision becoming a couple but the girl is back to the fuck-buddy attitude...
Now I'm really worried DPC is gonna ruin Sage...
Yeah it's stupid. Between the stupid threesome last episode, how she acts this episode and her hinting about wanting to fuck other people and peg you it is like he is going out of his way to try and ruin her.

She acts more like a girlfriend when her and the MC are fuck buddies.

She was my favorite going into episode 8 and now I don't even feel like playing the game anymore.

Crepusculum

Jan 4, 2018
i would guess at least 6 mo... not sure what kind of PC DPC has or uses but man they are sure slow. You would think he would have 4090's pushing out the scenes so he can get them done faster and make more money.
I'm not sure what it the main cause of the slow updates, i doubt it's processing power. With the amount of Patreon subs he has, he can easily get a monster PC with two 4090's, I'm sure he would also prefer things rendered faster for his thought process.

DPC is very talented, based on his two games, writing, music and art direction is top tier.

Maybe the slowness is coming from the vast amount of ingenuity and new mechanisms, i would guess that at this point, probably 95% of players world prefer he drops most things the are supplemental, such as: special renders, rewards, PACK, and especially the new elaborate mechanisms like mansion fixing, jobs, and now evidently party planning. I WISH he would do that.

But, like i said i think he is extremely talented and probably has his own process he won't deviate from.

Sony676

Mar 14, 2021
I'm quite disappointed in the new episode. In comparison to Episode 8 it really lacks a lot. Storytelling is meh since its mostly a free-roam event at the party but the biggest issue to me are the scenes this time. Did we really need to have a Lily scene AGAIN? A Camila scene? There are so many fresh girls in the game yet they are being left untouched. I was so hyped for the Heather scene and then completely disappointed because it was short and did not even lead into the main course. Of course there is a chance for it to happen in the future but man... We waited for OVER 1 year for this episode so I assume Episode 10 will make us wait the same amount of time. Then those small short scenes that kind of reminded me of the DnD scenes quality-wise... I really didn't expect that he would use small unspectacular scenes like that in such a big update thats been in the works for such a long time. Three scenes are really really good and those are the ones with Josy/Maya, Bella and Jill. The rest always lacks something and was a letdown when I look back to Episode 8 where you had two "first times" with Bella and Jill. So I expected him to give us some fresh and new girls. Welp. One thing I also don't quite understand: WHY does he not include sound effects and voicovers at all when it comes to sex scenes? I don't need voiceover for all the lines in the game but its such a huge upgrade to have actual sex sounds and moans etc. Since I played Treasure of Nadia or Genesis Order I really appreciate that and the guy from this game barely uses ONE voice for all and just pitches the voices here and there. Being a Dik is most likely the most successful Renpy game right now and there are no ressources in creating stuff like this? I think it's a huge factor that could make the scenes SO much better!

All in all I kind of expected that I could be disappointed since a waiting time that long simply cannot fullfil all of your expecations BUT the thing is that this might be one of the weakest episodes and that really makes me sad...

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes