vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
hey im having an issue where right at the beginning where the black guy says "its a scary fucking mansion" the game just closes itself. idk if anyone else has this issue or not but i have tried uninstalling the game and still not working.
Not everybody has that problem, but by now i think you are number 547 in this thread to mention it.
The people that have that crash problem or sometimes looping scenes, all use modded saves, it's the cheatmod detection that causes these problems. Each new update there's a ton people experiencing it....

Now for solutions, first advice don't use saves after changing major events with mods, second use updated mods...
Third it's always good to read the first page of threads, if you do you'll see a warning for mods (can break your game), Mods, Several save files, fixes, walkthrough's, pretty much anything but DPC's telephone number....

The modfix should probably fix your problem, alternative use the unmodded save files, Have fun! ;)

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
hey im having an issue where right at the beginning where the black guy says "its a scary fucking mansion" the game just closes itself. idk if anyone else has this issue or not but i have tried uninstalling the game and still not working.
It's one of DPC's tripwires for modded saves, he doesn't like mods. Try using the save fixer under the extras spoiler in the OP.

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
Not sure what's going on, but I imported at least 2 modded saves and was able to finish ep9 without any problems.
Might depend on which mod, I know Sancho's wasn't tripwired but Scrappy's was, basically the game detected one of Scrappy's files and sent the game into the loop.

alex13_zen

Sep 30, 2019
Might depend on which mod, I know Sancho's wasn't tripwired but Scrappy's was, basically the game detected one of Scrappy's files and sent the game into the loop.
Weird, I'm actually using Scarppy's. Just like with some girls branches, conditions here seem to be more complex :)

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
Not sure what's going on, but I imported at least 2 modded saves and was able to finish ep9 without any problems.
The detection checks for contradicting checks, you can't be in a relation with Maya/Josy if you went with Jade (or Burke has the sex vid) so it's not so much scrappymod is detected but sanchomod might be leaving less contradictive checks after changing?
Best just not make saves after altering events, i use scrappymod and never experienced any problems....

Reactions: alex13_zen

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Somewhat DIK related question: I heard somewhere that Tremolo will stop uploading BaDIK songs on Youtube(Ep9 being his last).
Anyone know the reasons?
It was a drama from nothing (I hate nothing, its made Rio sad), Tremolo has already released an update. His reluctance to continue after Episode 9 is based on personal beliefs.
1.JPG
But the snowflakes on Reddit community have gone berserk and are ready to cancel the DPC until the post is removed.

hydra1991

Sep 28, 2019
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/scripts/rewards/rewards_mixed.rpy", line 1, in execute
File "game/scripts/rewards/rewards_mixed.rpy", line 22, in execute
File "game/scripts/rewards/rewards_mixed.rpy", line 180, in execute
File "game/scripts/rewards/rewards_mixed.rpy", line 181, in execute
File "game/scripts/rewards/rewards_mixed.rpy", line 187, in execute
File "game/scripts/rewards/rewards_mixed.rpy", line 187, in <module>
IndexError: list index out of range

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
python hide:
File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
python hide:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
ui.interact()
File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3315, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3735, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 568, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback, seen)
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 436, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3735, in <lambda>
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 447, in per_interact
self.update()
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 637, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
File "game/scripts/rewards/rewards_mixed.rpy", line 22, in execute
File "game/scripts/rewards/rewards_mixed.rpy", line 180, in execute
File "game/scripts/rewards/rewards_mixed.rpy", line 181, in execute
File "game/scripts/rewards/rewards_mixed.rpy", line 187, in execute
File "game/scripts/rewards/rewards_mixed.rpy", line 187, in <module>
File "renpy/python.py", line 992, in __getitem__
rv = list.__getitem__(self, index)
IndexError: list index out of range

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
Being a DIK 0.9.1
Thu Dec 29 21:12:00 2022

Zoomaa

Jul 14, 2022
guys what do you think the future of Zoey would be ??

she is a cool character but introducing her after choosing LI to pursue is weird I assume she is not going to be a LI is the mc going to cheat on the current LI with her or is she going to be best friend but that seat is taken by Derek , she probably joins the university it makes the plot easier for her to meet the MC more also THE DIK members seem to like her is she going to date one of them because that won't be awkward right ??? :)

The Glorious LIME

Oct 20, 2019

she is a cool character but introducing her after choosing LI to pursue is weird I assume she is not going to be a LI is the mc going to cheat on the current LI with her or is she going to be best friend but that seat is taken by Derek , she probably joins the university it makes the plot easier for her to meet the MC more also THE DIK members seem to like her is she going to date one of them because that won't be awkward right ??? :)
Depends, if you are playing on the alone path, you ain't cheating if you want to give it a second chance.
But it makes sense bringing her in now, just add to the drama that she appears right when people decide to commit to someone.
Overall, I'm interested to see where the story goes with her, on friend and Li routes.

Reactions: Ilhares and Zoomaa

Traitus

Aug 6, 2017

I don't see Zoe dating anyone. The NTR crowd would explode, implode or something...

Reactions: aykarin and Zoomaa

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022

DPC has a thing for blue-haired landmine characters.

Reactions: Zoomaa

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

Zoey will somehow get into BR. I think she will start taking some graphics/drawing classes, but she could also enrol normally, and in the end from our point of view the two situations are identical.

I don't think she's going to join a sorority, it would be a pretty unnecessary stretch (the HOTs were already too many before, and it seems absurd to me that the DIKs would accept a girl). a dorm accommodation would be much easier and it would also create a permanent bond with Becky and the Vixens world.

at that point i'd like a double path, with Zoey or MC's partner or friend, which is what happens for the LIs too, but in a way that i think is really not credible, while with Zoey it could work well

Reactions: Zoomaa and ffive
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes