underoath27

Nov 22, 2020
That happened over a year ago.
Oh, ok! So, I need to think who is the girl I like the most. I remember that my MC was dating Josy and Maya, he was pursing something with Bella, and Sage (but I don't know if she was thinking about a serious relationship or not)... hard choices for me here, haha

lobotomist

Sep 4, 2017
If your game is unmodded and your saves are unmodded, it can't be the detection no, best upload the crash report in a spoiler here and ask if any of the real renpy wizards here knows a solution. (often its outdated renpy version or something else outdated then)
there was no crash report just the game closing after marcus said the thing, also the modded save patch fixed it. so there has to be something else, like persistent data.

underoath27

Nov 22, 2020
DPC Happened xD If you haven't played in a while , wait about 2-3 years and play a finished Season 3 than to find out :D
If you're already on pause, no need to torture yourself with Episodic wait times xD
Ahhh, come on, tell me, please! I don't care for spoilers, hahaha!

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
I think Vinny was trashing the room looking for the new combination to the safe. People at the party would have been talking about the fact Fuckface helped plan the party so he probably assumed he had access.

As for the box I think the hotel previously belonged to Lynette's family, it wasn't the same hotel that Neil originally renovated so he didn't realise, but it's fair to assume that a family in the same social circle as the Royces could have multiple hotels.

Not yet, but by the dialogue in the last episode you'll want to be on the others route and having told Derek at the Preps party that you still have feelings for Josy.
I don't know right now I think the hardest way for a Josy solo would be on the others path. Because that means you have to chance your path, which sure that could happen but is it? IF Josy and Maya break up what good does that do MC on others path he not getting their scenes their would have to be choice to romance Josy or Maya. I feel like the most likely way to get a solo Josy or Maya is to be on their path and spend more time with one of them. If Josy and Maya are going to break up that only affects MC on their path and he'll have to make a choice that said it would be very hard to lose one of them. Maybe I am wrong but I feel like the only way for a solo is on their path where as a MC not on their path is just going to friends with a super hot single girl wondering what could had been and nothing more

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
there was no crash report just the game closing after marcus said the thing, also the modded save patch fixed it. so there has to be something else, like persistent data.
The modded savepatch only works to fix problems from modded saves. And yes, persistent saves might be a problem since they remain on your pc after removing the game (hence "persistent")

always86

Mar 19, 2020
Some ideas of costume foreshadowing. Some of these I think are a bit more plausible than others.

Tommy Vampire - Tommy is living dead. He’s going to die (and possibly be resurrected)

Heather Lifeguard - Heather will save someones life, possibly Tommy.

Quinn Succubus - Fucking her will lead to MCs death (I’d be pretty annoyed if anyone dies in this game given the theme, especially the MC, but it does also tie into the threesome costumes with Sage, Quinn as a skeleton)

Bella Mummy - Bella is (was) a Mommy.

Maya & Josy Fairies - The idea of a successfully thurpple is a fantasy

Sage Slutty School girl - Lost innocence when the truth about her mother, father and sorority comes out.

Elena and JB Cowboys - they’re the ones who will report things to the cops, or possibly they’ll act as the moral guides for the MC

Zoey the demon - going to interfere in MCs happiness

Jill the banana - easy to slip up on her path

Jill the Bee - will be part of ‘sting’ against the MC

Rusty the Jester - Rusty is the ‘sad clown’ might commit suicide.

Sarah and Mel are Bunnies - Their only purpose in the game is to fuck. A lot.

Anyone got any other ideas/ theories on what the costumes might mean?

ReeseQian

Sep 16, 2019
When trying to text Jill at the halloween party in Ep.9, I get this error

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

Compiling ATL code at game/scripts/new_phone/apps/pack_quest_app/mphone_pack_quest_img.rpy:181
  File "game/scripts/freeroam/episode9/ep9_freeroam_diks1.rpy", line 660, in <module>
  File "game/scripts/new_phone/apps/chat_app/mphone_chat_app.rpy", line 1, in execute
  File "game/scripts/new_phone/apps/chat_app/mphone_chat_app.rpy", line 1, in execute
  File "game/scripts/new_phone/apps/chat_app/mphone_chat_app.rpy", line 51, in execute
  File "game/scripts/new_phone/apps/chat_app/mphone_chat_app.rpy", line 64, in execute
  File "game/scripts/new_phone/apps/chat_app/mphone_chat_app.rpy", line 68, in execute
  File "game/scripts/new_phone/apps/chat_app/mphone_chat_app.rpy", line 79, in execute
  File "game/scripts/new_phone/apps/chat_app/mphone_chat_app.rpy", line 94, in execute
  File "game/scripts/new_phone/apps/chat_app/mphone_chat_app.rpy", line 107, in execute
  File "game/scripts/new_phone/apps/chat_app/mphone_chat_app.rpy", line 108, in execute
  File "game/scripts/new_phone/apps/chat_app/mphone_chat_app.rpy", line 109, in execute
  File "game/scripts/new_phone/apps/chat_app/mphone_chat_app.rpy", line 110, in execute
NameError: Name 'mod_gr' is not defined.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scripts/freeroam/episode9/ep9_freeroam_diks1.rpyc", line 660, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/scripts/freeroam/episode9/ep9_freeroam_diks1.rpy", line 660, in <module>
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3315, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3735, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 568, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 436, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3735, in <lambda>
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 447, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 637, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "game/scripts/new_phone/apps/chat_app/mphone_chat_app.rpy", line 51, in execute
  File "game/scripts/new_phone/apps/chat_app/mphone_chat_app.rpy", line 64, in execute
  File "game/scripts/new_phone/apps/chat_app/mphone_chat_app.rpy", line 68, in execute
  File "game/scripts/new_phone/apps/chat_app/mphone_chat_app.rpy", line 79, in execute
  File "game/scripts/new_phone/apps/chat_app/mphone_chat_app.rpy", line 94, in execute
  File "game/scripts/new_phone/apps/chat_app/mphone_chat_app.rpy", line 107, in execute
  File "game/scripts/new_phone/apps/chat_app/mphone_chat_app.rpy", line 108, in execute
  File "game/scripts/new_phone/apps/chat_app/mphone_chat_app.rpy", line 109, in execute
  File "game/scripts/new_phone/apps/chat_app/mphone_chat_app.rpy", line 110, in execute
  File "renpy/text/text.py", line 1574, in __init__
    self.set_text(text, scope, substitute)
  File "renpy/text/text.py", line 1693, in set_text
    i, did_sub = renpy.substitutions.substitute(i, scope, substitute)
  File "renpy/substitutions.py", line 270, in substitute
    s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs)
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 585, in _vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 646, in get_field
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 605, in get_value
  File "renpy/substitutions.py", line 228, in __getitem__
    raise NameError("Name '{}' is not defined.".format(key))
NameError: Name 'mod_gr' is not defined.

Windows-10-10.0.22621
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
Being a DIK 0.9.1
Thu Dec 29 10:35:23 2022
Some people on here dont use Mods.... Best well to go Scrappy and report that to him/her

Reactions: IrishTrainer

TomUK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2021
Hmmm, got it, but this female protagonist envolves MC, or is it another side of story?
The interlude is about an hour if you just click through most of it except for choices, you won't really learn much in it, once you've done it once you'll never have to do it again. I don't know where you ended the game at but there's 9eps+Interlude to play through. At the end of episode 8 you can choose any of the main LIs to continue a relationship with or make it so you don't date any of them and you'll follow the 'others' route.

Reactions: underoath27

underoath27

Nov 22, 2020
The interlude is about an hour if you just click through most of it except for choices, you won't really learn much in it, once you've done it once you'll never have to do it again. I don't know where you ended the game at but there's 9eps+Interlude to play through. At the end of episode 8 you can choose any of the main LIs to continue a relationship with or make it so you don't date any of them and you'll follow the 'others' route.
I guess I played episode 6, don't remember playing far than this.

JSim

Jul 4, 2017
Wow, there are a few things i don't recofnize,
the trophy on the table
the topmost thing on the wall
and the thing under the VIP card

do tell
The trophy is from triple tile game 100 turns to get it
Wine cork from a date with Bella, the topmost changes depending on your route
Gym card

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes