vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
Why...? Lol It's no less likely than any other moment. It's not like there was some incredible significance behind that moment, it just happened to go off while Derek was in the room sleeping, which I could only assume is at least 1/3 of the time (8 hours out of 24)... Thats actually pretty damn likely lol.
Because it's really strange an appliance with low battery power is lightning up like a Xmas tree every few seconds....
Derek sleeping there about 1/3 of the time was not the reason it went off, he's been sleeping there for 6 or 7 weeks so what is different to all these nights before when it did not light up? You're using an argument why he witnessed it, that by itself has no connection to anything happening with the detector...

It's electrical, it needs power, so it's either batteries low or it is connected to the electricity network, it's really that easy.
Derek sleeping there or not is not a factor, the only thing that matters is he is there to witness the detector going off or not.
So what makes more sense? The batteries running out exactly that moment or the fact the power was off that day?
I still think it makes more sense it was a result of main power been off then batteries running out just that moment...

Edit : Seems there's spycam smoke detectors available on batteries or the normal electricity net. Most work with movement detection and wifi storage.
Possibly the mysterious black box is the storage device.... Technically it seems possible, (google : Amber, Latticeworks )
So another reason the detector goes off could be "wifi connection lost", however that still means batteries in the black box ended pretty much exactly at the time of the party.... So imho still very low chance of that happening exactly that moment....

Last edited:

always86

Mar 19, 2020
It's not Netorare because that typically involves cheating. It's not netori either because he's into it. John Boy isn't a cuck.

Is voyeur more accurate?
Yeah, I think it depends on what is considered to be ‘cheating’ or being ‘unfaithful’. Arguably you can’t be either if it’s consensual. That said I think the ‘internet‘ would say he’s a cuck.

Well if it follows that format lots of people will be leaving the game for while because i see it pretty boring. And just to fill in i can bet you the mystery of the mother will be solved in maybe 4 episodes and every single plot will be boring without the which girl to choose drama. I hope the game dosent become large but i wont be surpirsed if after the end of season 4 the game will be extended considering is on Steam
We’ve had a party free roam in 4 out of the past 5 episodes, so I wouldn’t be particularly surprised if we get another in episode 10. Each relationship has it’s own continuing drama.

Sage has the HoTs fucking her dad, the MC fucking her mum, and Quinn dealing drugs. Bella has Jill and her husband.

Jill has Bella and her sister (and MCs mums connection to her) as well Bianca.

Maya and Josy have their own relationship drama, Maya’s student loan situation and Josy’s relationship with Tommy.

Bella obviously has her husband as well as situation with Jill. Not to mention that Burke clearly wants to fuck her, wouldn’t be surprised if he tries to blackmail her over her relationship with MC.

What was the tease that the next episode will take place at Christmas? Are you referring to the Christmas animation at Bella's house at the beginning of the episode? Imo, that could mean a lot of things. Initially, it seemed to me like that was just something DPC threw in as a "hey, this episode is coming out around Christmas, so here's a little gift for y'all", although that wouldn't really explain the ominous theme of it, but it being a tease for next episode doesn't really explain it being at the beginning of this episode either. I could chalk up the eerie theme to DPC trying to mix the Christmas season release with the Halloween season theme of the episode.

It could also be like you said, but it's actually a well-known joke (at least in America) that the Christmas season is celebrated immediately after Halloween and Thanksgiving gets pretty much ignored except for on the day itself, so I personally think that's more likely than DPC skipping the entire rest of the semester and going into winter break. Although judging by this last episode skipping everything between episode 8 and Halloween, I guess its not that unbelievable.
I think (and I could be wrong on this) that the Christmas animation was supposed to play at the end of the episode, like the Halloween mansion one at the end of 8. It played in the wrong place in the 9.0 version but if you play 9.1 I think It now plays at the end. It could be a tease for the end of season, but that would be a little odd itself.

I think as a European telling a story set in the US it would be very strange not to do a thanksgiving event. In most media out of the states, thanksgiving is given similar significance to Christmas, if not greater due to the non denominational nature of it. After a quick Google thanksgiving is the most popular holiday in the US.

Even if you ignore that Thanksgiving is certainly A top 4 (Christmas, Halloween, Independence Day and Thanksgiving).

Not that much time was skipped between Episode 8 and 9. Maybe a week at most. Midterms were finished, which would be mid to late October, results aren’t published yet and classes for the new term haven’t started either.

I agree jumping 6 to 8 weeks, to Christmas would be a big time leap, so I guess we’ll see what happens.

DPC confirmed that the big minigame of season 2 was to fix the mansion and the minigame of season 3 will be to plan the parties, the minigame will continue in the next 3 episodes until the end of the season. I just hope that the parties and minigames take up less than 40% of the episodes and that the events move forward.
The minigame tends to only take up as much time as you want to put into it. I like to min max these things so spend to long on it. I think we’ll continue to have at least one party free roam an episode as has been the case in 4 out 5 of the last episodes. It might be we get two parties in one episode, similar to how we got two or three (?) mansion cleaning mini games in some episodes. I guess it could be some parties have more than one planning phase.

Without chit-chat, when will the next episode be released? :)
View attachment 2272846
July to October based on similar episode size to 8 or 9, with production rates inline with 9. If he upgrades his rigs or makes a smaller episode June is possible.

Reactions: John Ness

YeOldeWanker

Nov 16, 2022
So, I follow a lot of gamer streamers on twitter. And most of the time you end up running into pictures of streamer girls in undies, bikinis or even half naked. But this girl, she reminds of my favorite Being a DIK character and I couldn't just let it pass without sharing it with you. Now guess who I am talking about... View attachment 2274064
Sure she’s got the hair, but that’s about it. Don’t get me wrong that’s obviously a very beautiful woman, but she doesn’t really look anything like Quinn. She doesn’t exude any of the same traits either. The eyes, face, heavy alt vibe, attitude and piercings are missing. Besides the hair, and general physique there’s not really a similarity. This woman is very pretty though.

Reactions: DanMotta

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
I think as a European telling a story set in the US it would be very strange not to do a thanksgiving event. In most media out of the states, thanksgiving is given similar significance to Christmas, if not greater due to the non denominational nature of it. After a quick Google thanksgiving is the most popular holiday in the US.
That might be true but most likely the majority of the students will be with family or friends. Still can have a party around that time of course, but MC going to a family dinner on each possible path is a nightmare to implement, so i guess it's most likely to let MC celebrate thanksgiving with Neil and perhaps Zoey and family... (if only just to keep Zoey into the picture lol)
And a thanksgiving dinner in the DIK mansion seems a valid option too i guess...

DanMotta

Dec 7, 2022
Sure she’s got the hair, but that’s about it. Don’t get me wrong that’s obviously a very beautiful woman, but she doesn’t really look anything like Quinn. She doesn’t exude any of the same traits either. The eyes, face, heavy alt vibe, attitude and piercings are missing. Besides the hair, and general physique there’s not really a similarity. This woman is very pretty though.
She is a cosplayer with only fans. I'd say may be missing piercings, but that slutty "kind of" attitude, she has that too. And the way the picture was taken in the bed remind of some scenes with Quinn in her lingeries. And this girl is dutch, I'd be almost certain she smokes weed as well lol. But one thing that is totally different is she is 6ft tall. and Quinn is short.

• Haha
Reactions: vogelbeest

znar25

Apr 25, 2021
At the end of Ep.9, Lily path (no other LI or side influence):

Is Lily projecting where she tells MC not to fall in love with her, yet, is it possible she is already in love with him and sees it (based on of course only knowing herself) as a disaster (her own lack of confidence of having a relationship)?

DanMotta

Dec 7, 2022
At the end of Ep.9, Lily path (no other LI or side influence):

Is Lily projecting where she tells MC not to fall in love with her, yet, is it possible she is already in love with him and sees it (based on of course only knowing herself) as a disaster (her own lack of confidence of having a relationship)?
I am pretty sure she isn't in love with him. There was not even a single conversation or image that would make you think that.
And I think she probably has more relationship experience than most of those girls. I think she just thinks too much of herself to the point she believes he'd fall for her. Or in past relationships where she just wanted to roll with someone, they ended up falling for her at some point.
It is not that hard to fall for a stripper though lol. They usually know what they do in bed and that alone makes any man go crazy.

Reactions: dav3knight

DarrehL

Feb 7, 2018
Only now i realized that in the broccoli scene with Quinn the couple making out in front of them are Jill s friends cheating lol, christ this game has so many hidden clues and scenes i have to watch everything closely.
wow, I did not notice that, lol. Do you hapeen to have a screenshot? Thanks.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
I think it's likely she gets herself through college by working at the Pink Rose and after graduating she will move to the other side of the country and start a new life... Burning all bridges, leaving everybody behind that know the Lily in college. Possibly she is getting feelings for MC, but for now she just warns him not to get attached to her. I think the warning itself says more about Lily's plans for life, either way it's a nice way of dropping the hint she is not looking for any commitment to MC.

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020

Even if you ignore that Thanksgiving is certainly A top 4 (Christmas, Halloween, Independence Day and Thanksgiving).

Not that much time was skipped between Episode 8 and 9. Maybe a week at most. Midterms were finished, which would be mid to late October, results aren’t published yet and classes for the new term haven’t started either.

I agree jumping 6 to 8 weeks, to Christmas would be a big time leap, so I guess we’ll see what happens.
Most native US students will go home for Thanksgiving, they usually get the week off. Non-native students might stay at school, but some will be invited to the home of their friends for the holiday. There is no need to do a holiday event at the school. Thanksgiving could just be a small scene in the game with either the MC at home for dinner or having Thanksgiving dinner with GF and if they live close enough (within hour drive) you would do both.

Reactions: forthewins

KАRАMBA

Engaged Member
Jan 6, 2021
It's cute you think the kid is dawe's.
Of course not. It's a joke. But for Dawe, it's a reason to be proud. And the child is most likely Jacob's. I think so. It's just that the paternity of anyone else will not be so obvious. And this event should be comical.

Reactions: Bubba McSmith

bakasto

Apr 22, 2017
Finished first play through of ep 9 on Jill route. Does any other LI get the "introduction" to the DIKs at the end or just Jill?

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes