Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
dude, your own quote :LOL: :

They kind of know what seed it is, they know if planted a fantasy seed or mystery seed or whatever. But as the plant comes up and they water it, they don't know how many branches it's going to have, they find out as it grows

He know what he planted , he just don't know "where it will lead him". or more properly how many branches it will have;)
and this is more in line with one of his earlier Q/A when he said, that Maya and Jade suprised him the most, as howand where their character evolved, becasue he kind of just let them grow by their own, or something.

so Yeah, he has a base idea, but it's not planned to every little details, like the architect in that example quote of yours.;)
I imagine he has outlines of what will happen but no meat until he has a point A and point B but doesn't know how he's going to get there

Reactions: ChipLecsap

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
dude, your own quote :LOL: :

They kind of know what seed it is, they know if planted a fantasy seed or mystery seed or whatever. But as the plant comes up and they water it, they don't know how many branches it's going to have, they find out as it grows

He know what he planted , he just don't know "where it will lead him". or more properly how many branches it will have;)
and this is more in line with one of his earlier Q/A when he said, that Maya and Jade suprised him the most, as howand where their character evolved, becasue he kind of just let them grow by their own, or something.

so Yeah, he has a base idea, but it's not planned to every little details, like the architect in that example quote of yours.;)
Of course, it is impossible to think through the scenario to the smallest detail, I'm talking about basic events that are the framework of the scenario and connect the world around.
He comes up with something along the way, some new idea appears, with which he can fill the world.
He has interesting tastes if he likes Jade's development. That is, he likes it when she shows her true face of an embittered bitch with an eternal under-fuck. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: ChipLecsap

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
I imagine he has outlines of what will happen but no meat until he has a point A and point B but doesn't know how he's going to get there
This is what I'm talking about. He has points A and B (major plot points). He must figure out how to reach them, fill them with content. This is the work of an architect.
The gardener does not know how the plot will develop, he does not know about his main events at the beginning of the book, he must get to them along the way and come up with them.

Reactions: Darkwen

saynotoNTR

Mar 17, 2021
I don't think it's implied they're screwing. At least not anymore.
Since Tommy only knows how to attract the attention of dorm girls and Pink Rose ladies, I doubt there's anything going on between him and Quinn. I bet something happened between Quinn and Vinny, but not Tommy. The guy is a loser.

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
Since Tommy only knows how to attract the attention of dorm girls and Pink Rose ladies, I doubt there's anything going on between him and Quinn. I bet something happened between Quinn and Vinny, but not Tommy. The guy is a loser.
There's a line of Tommy in Quinn's room that goes something like "We used to be closer, much closer" that keeps me thinking that something happened.

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
This is what I'm talking about. He has points A and B (major plot points). He must figure out how to reach them, fill them with content. This is the work of an architect.
The gardener does not know how the plot will develop, he does not know about his main events at the beginning of the book, he must get to them along the way and come up with them.
Right which is how good storytelling usually works. Take the best movies out there there writers didn't have everything figure out things chance along the way

Reactions: Geralt From Rivia

saynotoNTR

Mar 17, 2021
There's a line of Tommy in Quinn's room that goes something like "We used to be closer, much closer" that keeps me thinking that something happened.
I always thought he was referring to how they were getting closer to the point of being more than friends (FwB). Or maybe not, maybe Quinn really had sex with Tommy. What a phase... Quinn is better than that (I think...). :KEK:

Simplest case, he can buy Quinn's ass like any other loser on the campus, MC included.
It makes sense that they had something through the “restaurant”. :unsure: And just to be clear, my MC is not a loser... and not a pussy either... :LOL:

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Or maybe not, maybe Quinn really had sex with Tommy. What a phase... Quinn is better than that (I think...). :KEK:
A little more seriously, i imagine from Quinn's point of view it'd make sense to hook up with the guy who was second-in-command and basically her equivalent in the fraternity which was expected to soon eclipse the jocks. HOTs used to be associated with the jocks through Sage+Chad, and with Quinn becoming the next president it'd be Quinn+Tommy for HOTs+DIKs partnership (and drug dealing)

Reactions: saynotoNTR

saynotoNTR

Mar 17, 2021
A little more seriously, i imagine from Quinn's point of view it'd make sense to hook up with the guy who was second-in-command and basically her equivalent in the fraternity which was expected to soon eclipse the jocks. HOTs used to be associated with the jocks through Sage+Chad, and with Quinn becoming the next president it'd be Quinn+Tommy for HOTs+DIKs partnership (and drug dealing)
The hypergamy present in this game is surreal. First Sage and Chad, then Quinn and Tommy (probably), now Lily and MC (possibly). Is there no love in Being a DIK? Damn... It's believable if this was the reason Quinn got sexually involved with a whiner like Tommy, at least.

• Haha
Reactions: A360

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
I'd go out on a limb and presume that, given it's been 4 years since DPC started making this game, he likely has the plot more or less written down by now, including how he's going to get from A through B, C and so on to Z(oey)

Like, there's no real reason for him to put that off.

Reactions: Darkwen
Jan 31, 2023
Quinn never fucked Tommy, she be an item with Vinny, which is how she introduced Vinny to Buddy and got him involved in the drug trade, they had a falling out and Vinny left B&R, she now hates Vinny for whatever happened, and she at no point ever fucked Tommy, she doesn't even seem sexually attracted to Tommy, she kind of treats him like a little kid.

Reactions: A360

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
I think DPC hyperfocuses too much on some of the menial shit. I don't mind it, I love BaDik, but you can only do so much alone and on top of that he stated before that he takes zero influence from Fans. On one hand it is respectful, someone fully commited to their art who takes no shit from anyone else, on the other opinions and criticism have to be taken into account to improve.
Both sides of this show in his work, on one hand he is pretty much regarded as the king of AvN (according to sales and patreon numbers) where he produces top tier products.
On the other he feels tonedeaf, we had to wait nearly 8 months for an episode which many feel like it didn't deliver, or delivered too little for how much time we had waiting.
An architect requires the services of builders, people who read over his work, providers of materials and many many other proffesions that will help him build a building.
A gardener cannot work without tools that lessen the strain of his job.
DPC doesn't adopt either strategies. He has to have a product perfect and to his liking.
Look at another author and game designer who is just like DPC, ConcernedApe. He fully created Stardew Valley alone, but then when he encountered a problem he couldn't solve (networking issues for multiplayer and porting the game to consoles and phones, or when he created board games he had to outsource to an art company) he asked for help, he used tools that would allow him to progress as a game designer.
You can only progress so much alone. That isn't to say I dislike DPC, quiet the contrary as a fellow artist I have full respect for work he does, it is just setting up a bad precedent for a possible failure or burnout.
Burnout is possible, but not guaranteed, it depends on the stability of the psyche. Someone can work 16 hours a day and he is fine, while someone burns out from 12.
What we know about him is that he's obsessed with his work and goes berserk if someone steals it, as he did last year during the scammer incident.

Reactions: ShadowLordV1

DanMotta

Dec 7, 2022
DPC already told his patreons that he has the whole VN planned since he was working on AL. He said he watched many school/college movies and his story is based on that. With that being said, I don't think he will change anything. He only writes the lines of every character, but the situations are the ones he already planned to do. If he changes situations, characters's personality in the middle of his project it would recquire a lot more time to finish his project. He would have to rethink everything from that point and so on. The VN would probably increase the amount of episodes he had planned, and he already told in the past 2 years at least twice, that this VN will only have 15-16 episodes.
We already learned what have been taking longer for DPC to deliver his content isn't the story, but the features he's been adding to the game: Minigames/free roams/longer animations (to give it the aspect of a real game).

I think Quinn is the way she is supposed to be from the start. Her character is cliche. I've seen many tv shows, movies, where the drug dealer/criminal/antagonist isn't really a bad guy/girl, and you end up loving that bad guy/girl. It is not DPC changing anything, it is DPC following the cliche character that many popular stories already have.

I know we all want our favorite characters to be special. And many think, "oh, since many of us started loving Quinn and side characters, DPC is dedicating more of his time and energy onto them", but they already had a role to fullfill since the start of the VN.

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
I'm pretty sure DPC has the story beats set up and knows which episodes they are due in, however I don't believe he has all the relationship plots fully drawn up.

For example with Bella path being killed by Cathy blowjob and Jill path being killed by helping sick Sage he was clearly planning gradual branching. But he then realised that the gradual branching was not working so instead came up with a single branching event at the end of ep 8 instead of trying to branch each route off with individual decisions.

Likewise I think the Bianca plot development has come from the fanbase reaction to her, if she had been basically ignored from her brief appearances at the dinner and at the recital then we would not have seen her again, or if we did it just would have been brief appearances still, we certainly wouldn't have had the option of groping her ass. Same with KRJ and Sally, it's their popularity which has pushed them towards being options on the others path.

The main story beats are Maya's tuition, Burke's tuition scam, Quinn's drugs, Jill's campaign in memory of her sister (which while rarely mentioned will tie in with the other plots) and Bella's husband. That's why I believe that he'll be linked to either the drugs or the tuition scam. Anything else regarding the girls are subject to change depending on fan reactions.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes