Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
Ultimately, I think this particular debate is somewhat pointless because when the script loads up whether from chapter #1 or later on. Because typically variables are not always set at the start of a script, but usually they are 'sanitized' to prevent variable corruption down the road as the script performs.

So the STD variable could very well be already set from the get go as "false" until you sack Air head Arieth (I don't even know if that's even possible in the game as I just never liked that twat, so even if she was a possible LI, I still wouldn't touch her with a mile long pole).

And if Arieth is accessible then it's not much to add a line at the end of that hypothetical Arieth encounter like
$STD_clean = "False";

And that's the only extra code required to make that happen. and if you wanted to get creative you can even create a condition of getting treated for it

If ($STD_clean = "false" && $STD_treatment ="false")
then ($MC_LOSES_ALL_TEETH_AND_GROW_THIRD_ARM_AND_3_NOSES = "true");

and end up with all sorts of hilarity

:D

Point is, programing-wise this isn't much to add to the code to make happen, where it gets complicated is with the scenes and renders. that's mostly where the heavy game work rests.
But that's the thing. Let's say you ban a hypotetical Arieth. The "$STD_clean = "False";" variable would be set at the moment you have sex and would be set to false at the episode 8 for the STD to check it and give a result. So either way we know for a fact this variable is set to false in all paths, or most likely doesn't even exist.

And no. Luckily we can't bang Arieth, thankfully :KEK:

Think he played "Being a Dyke" and posted the review in the wrong thread... Ah well, shit happens! :)
That's an idea for a game... :KEK:

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
But that's the thing. Let's say you ban a hypotetical Arieth. The "$STD_clean = "False";" variable would be set at the moment you have sex and would be set to false at the episode 8 for the STD to check it and give a result. So either way we know for a fact this variable is set to false in all paths, or most likely doesn't even exist.

And no. Luckily we can't bang Arieth, thankfully :KEK:

That's an idea for a game... :KEK:
Exactly because let's say you're on Josy and Maya's path, who's to say you don't catch an STD in that Jacuzzi when they take you out for their belated B-day surprise. Who knows maybe that water was tainted by a visit from Arieth before you got there. lol

Anything's possible. Variables can be set on the fly at any point where a choice is made.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
I think he's just being a dick.... But at least he gave 2 stars, he could have given only 1... ;)
But did you know, that "Being a DIK" is "Full of feminist views and agendas"? :ROFLMAO:
Lol I read this review. Looks too familiar, this guy could use a better disguise, but he's been stepping on the rake again and again...:KEK:
Insanely absurd, it's about a game that mocks the "feminist agenda" and portrays them as clowns.

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
Exactly because let's say you're on Josy and Maya's path, who's to say you don't catch an STD in that Jacuzzi when they take you out for their belated B-day surprise. Who knows maybe that water was tainted by a visit from Arieth before you got there. lol

Anything's possible. Variables can be set on the fly at any point where a choice is made.
Because you can still be on the Jill path and get that scene, then afterwards test negative for an STI, so it's impossible for Fuckface to have an STI from that scene.

Reactions: Wizard_Shiryuu

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
Because you can still be on the Jill path and get that scene, then afterwards test negative for an STI, so it's impossible for Fuckface to have an STI from that scene.
Agreed %100
I was only saying that to make the point that variables can be modified or set anywhere in the game. Wasn't making an actual claim about what the game actually does or intended to do. It was purely academic. I should have mentioned that, my bad.

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
Agreed %100
I was only saying that to make the point that variables can be modified or set anywhere in the game. Wasn't making an actual claim about what the game actually does or intended to do. It was purely academic. I should have mentioned that, my bad.
It's a good example of the flaw in the original argument though. Literally the only way that Fuckface could have an STI on any path right now is if he got it from Nora or if another girl had got one between him fucking her ep 8 (or the latest time her fucked her) and ep 9 and then he fucks her in ep 9. Dalli's argument which sparked the whole debate was that because he only gets tested on one path then on every other path he could still have an STI, that's patently false.

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
and We are back to my original question, just how long you guys want this game to last? :ROFLMAO:
we just entered the relationship phase, but some folks want it already to be over, and start again. :unsure::ROFLMAO:
see my confusion?:LOL:
Henry Ford once said "If I asked people what they wanted, they would said faster horses". Like you said MC is relationship phase there no way you can just start over one episode in maybe later in the season or next season but its too soon to jump ship that said seems like cheating(for those that want it) is on the table or bed in this case.

Reactions: funkymonkeyjedi

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
But did you know, that "Being a DIK" is "Full of feminist views and agendas"? :ROFLMAO:
of course, as the great JAL once said (maybe a little bit more than once)
"MAYA THE LESBIAN CLICHÉ: A PATHETIC FANTASY FOR SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIORS"

that assumes same scenes have same outcomes on different branches, which is logical but not the only way it can work (don't let me write a VN, I'd make different scenes and endings depend on the name you choose at the start of the game). if DPC would want to add STD drama for, let's say, "Others" branch regardless of who you're fucking or not fucking because it's not important who you got it from, then it's not completely impossible that just being on Jill branch makes you immune to STDs

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: ffive and soprano31

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
Honestly, I don't know how much of an impact that STD test scene will have on the following updates and other LI paths. Because one would have thought someone like Bella would also demand a test done considering she's fully aware you have been sleeping around. Yet she's not bothered by it at all. Same with all other LIs.

So who knows really what direction this aspect will take down the road. Perhaps it will become a catalyst for more LI drama or whatever.

Reactions: dalli_x

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
So either way we know for a fact this variable is set to false in all paths, or most likely doesn't even exist.
Let's see if we can free you guys from the Dalli Loop.

You are making a presumption that the game has a single, universal state for all playthroughs, and base your "If there's no STD on Jill path then it's not present on all other paths, either" conclusion on this.

But, while pretty reasonable, it is just a presumption. It's perfectly possible for the developer to do a "butterfly effect" of sorts for their game, where the state of the game is subtly different for each of the potential LIs. In such scenario what happens in path for one LI isn't a proof for another LI's route. And i think that's where Dalli is coming from -- you're presuming that there's one universal state, and he doesn't.

Only DPC knows which of these is actually correct, so best just agree to disagree.

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
Let's see if we can free you guys from the Dalli Loop.

You are making a presumption that the game has a single, universal state for all playthroughs, and base your "If there's no STD on Jill path then it's not present on all other paths, either" conclusion on this.

But, while pretty reasonable, it is just a presumption. It's perfectly possible for the developer to do a "butterfly effect" of sorts for their game, where the state of the game is subtly different for each of the potential LIs. In such scenario what happens in path for one LI isn't a proof for another LI's route. And i think that's where Dalli is coming from -- you're presuming that there's one universal state, and he doesn't.

Only DPC knows which of these is actually correct, so best just agree to disagree.
I did address that, though. The thing is that would need to happen as a result of your own actions.

Let's say you can choose to hook up with girl X or not. If not she fucks someone else, gets infected and later on passes that to you. That's the only logical way of this happening and we can rule it out because it would be too NTRish to introduce into the game.

Having the game retroactively change something just because would be poor writing.

The Glorious LIME

Oct 20, 2019
Please no more STD tests, diseases, crabs in my Being a DIK. The game doesn't need this at all and let this one-time event remain forever on the banana route.
You don't understand, this is a deep mechanic that was pre-planned by DPC from the start since at the very beginning, Neil tells DPC to use a rubber, which MC foolishly not just doesn't, but creampie's everyone.

Ultimately, this is a tale of a father knowing best.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes