funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
Ok, I'll give it a last try.

You are in episode eight. You either have an STD or you don't at that moment. You go for Jill's path and you know you don't have an STD. That means that MC on episode eight is also clean. This is not debatable, this is a consecuence of the STD test. The MC at that point in episode eight is 100% clean. Beyond doubt. 100% proven. So if you load back and choose another path, you 100% know that this MC is clean. Without doubt.
I agree with what you're suggesting, but that wouldn't necessarily mean that the other LI aren't carrying any STD's though. Unless you chose the path of celibacy.

Sry, I'm bored. :)

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
If you didn't have an STD on the first route you cannot have one on the second one, even though you didn't take the test on this one. The MC can't have an STD and not have it at the same time.

It is this simple.
you can, but that would require adding science fiction elements to the story or DPC being japanese

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
I agree with what you're suggesting, but that wouldn't necessarily mean that the other LI aren't carrying any STD's though. Unless you chose the path of celibacy.

Sry, I'm bored. :)
It does mean that. You can have sex with everyone except Nora in a Jill playthrough, so that means everyone is clean. Or at least they didn't pass anything to the MC up until that point.

Well, most tests aren't conclusive until six months after having relations, so he can still have somthing, but this applies to all paths. This is a stretch, though.

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
It does mean that. You can have sex with everyone except Nora in a Jill playthrough, so that means everyone is clean. Or at least they didn't pass anything to the MC up until that point.

Well, most tests aren't conclusive until six months after having relations, so he can still have somthing, but this applies to all paths. This is a stretch, though.
I haven't been paying much attention to these threads lately, But thx for telling me that Nora is a Jill cock-block. Good to know, thx lol

*EDIT*
I just aired out my brain-fart, I just realized why You can't do both Nora and Jill. I just remembered that bar scene if you're on Jill's path.. my bad.. Aparently I'm not only bored, but in a state brainlessness lol

Reactions: Wizard_Shiryuu

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
You don't want to understand.
Ok, I'll give it a last try.
Either way an STD test only confirms the condition at that time.... You can get infected after that.... It's not like you're immune after taking a test that comes out negative... And sorry to say so... But not all STD's actually need sex to be transmitted...
Some can even walk around freely and are named "Dawe"....

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
Either way an STD test only confirms the condition at that time.... You can get infected after that.... It's not like you're immune after taking a test that comes out negative... And sorry to say so... But not all STD's actually need sex to be transmitted...
Some can even walk around freely and are named "Dawe"....
You forgot to add Dereck in that reference.. lol

• Haha
Reactions: vogelbeest

qdfe

Aug 31, 2020
It's a bit like dalli theory that Melanie and Sarah are being sent by M&J and Derek to test the MC's fidelity. Same with Swyper, Derek installed it to MC to check if he is faithful. I think DPC will not change so many events just for one path.

Edit: Or maybe it was that Melanie and Sarah themselves wanted to fuck the MC in order to snitch on him to M&J, comes out similar.

Last edited:

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
Last try.

STD TEST outputs the variable that tells the game that the MC has no STD. You are happy and excited, create a savegame.

You load an older savegame. But it does not contain the STD test variable and you choose another branch. You play this branch, but this branch never gets STD Test Variable. How should the game now know that the MC has no STD? You create a new savegame, with the small difference that this savegame does not contain a STD test variable.

Variable: STD Test = No STD

This was my last try. I'm not going to ban you from responding to this, but I'm asking you to.
Yeah... This is not now logic works. The proper logic would be you get an STD variable when you have sex and the STD test reads that variable to tell you if you have it or not. What you're saying makes zero literal logic sense... I always though you bent logic with your theories for fun but I'm questioning everything here. You either are a master troll or have zero reasoning skills. And I'm leaning towards the former, so I'm leaving it here...

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
Yeah... This is not now logic works. The proper logic would be you get an STD variable when you have sex and the STD test reads that variable to tell you if you have it or not. What you're saying makes zero literal logic sense... I always though you bent logic with your theories for fun but I'm questioning everything here. You either are a master troll or have zero reasoning skills. And I'm leaning towards the former, so I'm leaving it here...
I think it's just a question of you're both not considering the other's point of view and where you're coming from.
Dali is coming from a position of more of a behind the scenes programing variables already established prior to the test itself.

IE:
$STD_test_positive = "true/false"; already determined by the game itself.

And you Wizard are coming from a position with a view of the real world outlook.

This isn't a jab at either one of you, I just think it's a question of not quite seeing the other's point of view in the proper perspective. nothing more.

;)

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
I think it's just a question of you're both not considering the other's point of view and where you're coming from.
Dali is coming from a position of more of a behind the scenes programing variables already established prior to the test itself.

IE:
$STD_test_positive = "true/false"; already determined by the game itself.

And you Wizard are coming from a position with a view of the real world outlook.

This isn't a jab at either one of you, I just think it's a question of not quite seeing the other's point of view in the proper perspective. nothing more.

;)
But I am considering his viewpoint. I've played D&D and sometimes you can give the players the illusion of choice. No matter what they choose you can make it so the same thing happens eventually. This works because the players don't know this and what could happen if they choose the other option is unknowable, and this is the key part. In a game like this you couldn't do this type of things without making a plothole or just bad writing. I even made a proper programming logic on how this would work properly.

I understand your simple logic, but it is inefficient. DPC would have to add that STD variable for every time the MC has sex. The MC might have a lot of sex, so he has to type a lot and it also gets messy.

The opposite way is more efficient. Make STD the default and add a few variables that cancel out STD.
"DPC would have to add that STD variable for every time the MC has sex".

Yeah... That's how it would work. Or at least add one on the relevant parts (or many unused ones so preople checking the code wouldn't get any ideas) Just check if he had sex on one specific moment... How would you manage if the test ended up being positive?

In the end it doesn't matter which one is more efficient or not. That would be another debate. The part I'm discussing is that the MC is clean at the end of episode 8.

Last edited:

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
Ultimately, I think this particular debate is somewhat pointless because when the script loads up whether from chapter #1 or later on. Because typically variables are not always set at the start of a script, but usually they are 'sanitized' to prevent variable corruption down the road as the script performs.

So the STD variable could very well be already set from the get go as "false" until you sack Air head Arieth (I don't even know if that's even possible in the game as I just never liked that twat, so even if she was a possible LI, I still wouldn't touch her with a mile long pole).

And if Arieth is accessible then it's not much to add a line at the end of that hypothetical Arieth encounter like
$STD_clean = "False";

And that's the only extra code required to make that happen. and if you wanted to get creative you can even create a condition of getting treated for it

If ($STD_clean = "false" && $STD_treatment ="false")
then ($MC_LOSES_ALL_TEETH_AND_GROW_THIRD_ARM_AND_3_NOSES = "true");

and end up with all sorts of hilarity

:D

Point is, programing-wise this isn't much to add to the code to make happen, where it gets complicated is with the scenes and renders. that's mostly where the heavy game work rests.

Reactions: dalli_x

The Glorious LIME

Oct 20, 2019
Am I the only one who feels like F95 needs a reaction of wtf??? just for Dalli??
Nah, it needs a donation button for us to donate every time we get amazed or facepalmed by that brain of his.
Than again, Dalli already has

Because MC in Jill's branch be like

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes