TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
No. Manipulation, bullying, and threats are anything but mind control. By your logic, coersion and deciet is a kind of magic. Human trafficking certainly can't be real, where victims don't go to the police because of the lies they were told, because that would be mind control. The stuff of fairies and dragons. Wage theft wouldn't be the most common kind of theft in America (which iit is) without people standing up for themselves and their rights, because that would be a kind of magic.

And the hyperbole is a bit much. No, it's unlikely there's an extra grave for the kid, unless they splurge for it. Claims of cremation are more likely, and they wouldn't have to do a thing for that excuse.

And who the hell brings all of their friends from out of state to their hospital when they give birth? No one knows when they need to rush to the hospital, and many women are lucky to have even their partner there when it happens. To expect everyone they know to be there when it happens really is the stuff of fantasies. If you happen to know someone who had all of their loved ones live close by and have the luxury (and determination) to spend weeks on standby, then good for you. That's not how it goes for most people.

And no, what I laid out doesn't require them to have never met Neil. If he got threatened and bullied enough to not tell people about MC (assuming Lynette's friends reach out to him on more than one or two occassions), then it's very believable for him not to tell them the truth. Especially if he got coerced into signing somethinng shady (that wouldn't stand up in court, but Neil doesn't know that).
If all of that is seriously more likely in your opinion, that the only 2 people she has left, her 2 best friends being at the hospital with her as she gives birth, all 3 of them being 19 years of age and any "out of state" being obviously not true since Neil drove not only to work at the hotel every morning he also hung out there when he ran into Lynette, then we just gotta agree to disagree and watch how the story unfolds.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Oh, so what you ment is that it wasn't a inheritance from Lynette at all, but rather from either her mom or dad aka one of the MC's grandparents dying ?

If that's what you ment, then there still would be no legal way to confuse who actually died. The MC would have been notified of the death (if he was determined to be one of the benefactors) and then, being of legal age, he has to sign and accept his inheritance and no he can't pawn that of to his dad. :D

And given what he got, it would have to have been via a will, because as a grandson you don't inherit your mothers clothes or diary, but you do climb the inheritance ladder if there are no children, if what you say is true and Lynette was an only child it would have been the remaining spouse(grandparent) and then the MC.

So the inheritance via will would absolutely be possible, but not sneak it past the MC.
What if there is an executor?

This person is then responsible after the death of the testator (grandfather) to implement the last will and testament of the testator (grandfather) and to divide the inheritance and if necessary also to manage.

If the inheritance, is not Lynette's, which is probably because Neil said that Lynette was not rich, but her father who did not want to help them.

But if grandfather has a will and has named an executor (Priscilla), the executor must carry out grandfather's last will and testament. For example, if grandfather's will is that the MC should first prove himself worthy to receive the full inheritance and not just the statutory compulsory portion?

This may include so that the MC does not get the check and the package with the clothes and the diary until he is 19. Why? It may be the grandfather's will so that the MC reads something specific in his mother's diary that discredits Neil. At 19, the MC is old enough to handle something like that. But why at 19 and not at 18?

Maybe because Lynette was 19 when she delivered the MC and died.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: saynotoNTR

Doorknocker

Aug 5, 2017
If all of that is seriously more likely in your opinion, that the only 2 people she has left, her 2 best friends being at the hospital with her as she gives birth, all 3 of them being 19 years of age and any "out of state" being obviously not true since Neil drove not only to work at the hotel every morning he also hung out there when he ran into Lynette, then we just gotta agree to disagree and watch how the story unfolds.
Man, you're really dodging the points here, aren't you? It's not an opinion, but a fact that people don't know when a child is actually going to come out. For everyone be there, they'd have to be free, close, and ready to go there. There are plenty of stats that indicate how unlikely that is. I know plenty of mothers who gave birth to children alone. Working construction, Neil would be lucky to even get the call and be able to drop everything immediately. If he had guys able to cover for him, finish what he was doing, and take care of take down/taking care of his tools, then sure.

Edit: Also, how quickly did Lynette give birth after arriving at the hospital? How proactively did she start heading out? Were there people available at that exact moment? There are a lot of variables there. To say that no, it's completely unbelieveable and the stuff of "fairies and dragons" to say that her friends weren't absolutely there, is not at all a reasonable or realistic statement.

And no, Neil drving his way to work at the hotel every day is not proof that Lynette's friends lived close by. They traveled a far distance to see Lynette the one time that she wrote about; far enough that it sure sounded out of state to me. And we have no idea whether Neil and Lynette stayed there when she ran away with him. So to assume Lynette's friends were close by when she gave birth is an unreasonable assumption.

I have no idea how their exact age matters here or why you brought it up, but I definitely agree to disagree. I definitly don't hink that the most likely scenerio is that Lynette is alive and that Neil has been lying to MC and deceiving him this whole time.

Edit: And possibly kidnapping him in this case? Your theory seems to assume he was taken against Lynnette's wishes. And dude, there's a million ways to put a stop to that over 19 years.

Last edited:

Real_JeffBezos_64

Jun 3, 2021

This person is then responsible after the death of the testator (grandfather) to implement the last will and testament of the testator (grandfather) and to divide the inheritance and if necessary also to manage.

If the inheritance, is not Lynette's, which is probably because Neil said that Lynette was not rich, but her father who did not want to help them.

But if grandfather has a will and has named an executor (Priscilla), the executor must carry out grandfather's last will and testament. For example, if grandfather's will is that the MC should first prove himself worthy to receive the full inheritance and not just the statutory compulsory portion?

This may include so that the MC does not get the check and the package with the clothes and the diary until he is 19. Why? It may be the grandfather's will so that the MC reads something specific in his mother's diary that discredits Neil. At 19, the MC is old enough to handle something like that. But why at 19 and not at 18?

I highly doubt the grandfather/grandmother left the money. Since they were rich as the story covered they absolutely had a will, and since they practically disinherited their own daughter for dating a construction worker they definitely didn't care about their grandson who was born to a poor household.

The inheritance was most likely from Lynette without a will. When this happens the funds would go into probate (basically divided by the court based on the states laws). As to why the MC would have gotten the willed items at 19 I have no idea. I don't think there would be a legal reason for him to get the will at 19 instead of 18, but Neil not knowing anything about the contents of the inheritance does make sense as he wouldn't be involved in the process since they weren't married.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: dalli_x

Doorknocker

Aug 5, 2017
And despite the rabbit hole I just traveled down, it's worth mentioning again the possiblility that DPC might not understand how inheritance works in the US, or perhaps he's decided to go with how things work in Sweden.

sultan21king

Feb 6, 2021
Hi
Can anyone please help
At the start of season 3 episode 9
The conversation between Tommy and the other guy
My game always crashes when the other guys says the mansion is scary
No matter what save I use or
If I try and download a game and use no cheats it always crashes
I also tried downloading saves from the internet to see if they work but they crash as well

Anyone else has this same problem
Please advise what to do

Real_JeffBezos_64

Jun 3, 2021
Hi
Can anyone please help
I also tried downloading saves from the internet to see if they work but they crash as well

Please advise what to do
I've heard a lot of issues with scrappy mod in episode 9 if you try to do multiple paths at the same time. If you are having an issue with saves downloaded from the internet on a vanilla game then it is probably a pc problem but I don't really know enough to help.

Reactions: sultan21king

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
Hi
Can anyone please help

Please advise what to do
Are you using the most recent Graphics card drivers for whatever version of windows you're using?
Without knowing more about the system environment it's going to be 'trial and error' to figure out what's causing the crashes.

But to start out simple,
-Try updating your Graphics drivers
or
-unpacking the game.zip file to a different location (if you're using Win10-11 it's not a good idea unzipping files into the default "C:\Program Files (x86) " as this folder is protected by the system from manual modifications by default.)

-remove any third party mods if you use some.

if the above doesn't help, we'll need more info on what's happening in the background by examining the logs and traceback files. (For this one, I'll put it off until morning as I'm typing this with just 1 eye opened, I've had a long day and about to go planking for a few hrs)

GL for now.
Hope this will help.

Reactions: sultan21king

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
Hi
Can anyone please help

Please advise what to do
I've got this same issue. only suggestion I can give is do a playthrough of seasons 1 and 2 without mod and hopefully that works

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
honestly I don't know what this game's problem is. I just did an unmodded run through seasons 1 and 2 and made a save file to transfer and season 3 still crashes on me despite not being modded

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017

Everything you said is legally possible and I wouldn't blame DPC for the parts that dont quite work because at that point it gets highly technical and the differences from state to state become so convoluted that, given that BAD is a pr0n game and not a law thriller, you really just have to go with the flow of the story.

You can name anyone of legal age as the executor of your will, he would then file your last will with the probate court.

The will would also overrule the normal order of inheritance.

You can also will a specific item, like our mystery box, to a specific person.

The will could also include optional terms, like "only if X finishes college and gets his/her degree will he inherit Y." (they even made a movie out of that one called "The Ultimate Gift")

The age of the MC would no longer matter, because while you can tie an inheritance to a benefactor reaching a certain age, it would most likely just be tied to when the testator died.

Where it gets tricky is the law that binds the executor, he namely has to inform all heirs, even those that were disowned in the will, of the contest period. It's a timeframe in which all legal and named heirs can accept, decline or most importantly challenge a will. Nobody could have done that for the MC, so that is where it kinda falls apart.

Right now I still favor the "someone just send the MC a box" theory. And I agree with you that one of Lynette's parents are the most likely suspects, however I wouldn't discount Neil or even Lynette herself. 18 year old girl gets knocked up, can't handle it, doesn't want to abort and the diary ends up being her confession as to why and how.

I'm 99.9% convinced that Neil knows more than he is telling, there is almost no reasonable way where he doesn't, but I fear that story will not reach a conclusion untill Season 4.

• Thinking Face

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Everything you said is legally possible and I wouldn't blame DPC for the parts that dont quite work because at that point it gets highly technical and the differences from state to state become so convoluted that, given that BAD is a pr0n game and not a law thriller, you really just have to go with the flow of the story.

You can name anyone of legal age as the executor of your will, he would then file your last will with the probate court.

The will would also overrule the normal order of inheritance.

You can also will a specific item, like our mystery box, to a specific person.

The will could also include optional terms, like "only if X finishes college and gets his/her degree will he inherit Y." (they even made a movie out of that one called "The Ultimate Gift")

The age of the MC would no longer matter, because while you can tie an inheritance to a benefactor reaching a certain age, it would most likely just be tied to when the testator died.

Where it gets tricky is the law that binds the executor, he namely has to inform all heirs, even those that were disowned in the will, of the contest period. It's a timeframe in which all legal and named heirs can accept, decline or most importantly challenge a will. Nobody could have done that for the MC, so that is where it kinda falls apart.

Right now I still favor the "someone just send the MC a box" theory. And I agree with you that one of Lynette's parents are the most likely suspects, however I wouldn't discount Neil or even Lynette herself. 18 year old girl gets knocked up, can't handle it, doesn't want to abort and the diary ends up being her confession as to why and how.

I'm 99.9% convinced that Neil knows more than he is telling, there is almost no reasonable way where he doesn't, but I fear that story will not reach a conclusion untill Season 4.
On the whole, I also agree with you.

Like you, I think Neil knows more than he has told the MC. That Lynette is still alive one way or another, but Neil has decided it would be better to let the MC live with the knowledge that his mother is dead.

I have a new theory or fanfiction about this.

What if Lynette was wrongly sentenced to death for a jealousy murder. The MC is born in prison, whereupon Lynette and Neil decide together for the good of the MC to let the MC believe that his mother is dead.

Years later, however, the tide turns and Lynette's innocence is established. She is released, but cannot simply participate in her son's life. After all, the MC was lied to by his parents his entire life. So the MC has to be educated about the context of the story beforehand. He gets the diary. Neil doesn't have to read the diary because he knows everything.

I figure so Lynette was at the Halloween party. That's actually the perfect time for her to get closer to her son without being recognized. That's why my MC always writes to Neil to make sure he's wearing a Sparta costume so there's no confusion. The only problem now is so Lynette can't see her son's face through the helmet. But there could be several more cameras in the DIK Mansion.

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
On the whole, I also agree with you.

Like you, I think Neil knows more than he has told the MC. That Lynette is still alive one way or another, but Neil has decided it would be better to let the MC live with the knowledge that his mother is dead.

I have a new theory or fanfiction about this.

What if Lynette was wrongly sentenced to death for a jealousy murder. The MC is born in prison, whereupon Lynette and Neil decide together for the good of the MC to let the MC believe that his mother is dead.

Years later, however, the tide turns and Lynette's innocence is established. She is released, but cannot simply participate in her son's life. After all, the MC was lied to by his parents his entire life. So the MC has to be educated about the context of the story beforehand. He gets the diary. Neil doesn't have to read the diary because he knows everything.

I figure so Lynette was at the Halloween party. That's actually the perfect time for her to get closer to her son without being recognized. That's why my MC always writes to Neil to make sure he's wearing a Sparta costume so there's no confusion. The only problem now is so Lynette can't see her son's face through the helmet. But there could be several more cameras in the DIK Mansion.
Holy crap that's REALLY out there as far as fanfics go :D

All I know is that DPC doesn't waste ressources, if he bothers to render a chick you can be sure that sooner or later the MC will have the option to stick his dick into her. And he has put a lot of effort into Lynette !

All we have is hints and everyone, me included, ran with them and the consensus is : Lynette = Angel, Neil = Best dad in the world, Lynette's parents = devilish hell creatures.

The fact is : we don't know if any of that is actually true.

What do we know ? Lynette's father moved his family into a hotel he purchased - that's not evil. He wasn't happy with Neil pursueing his baby girl - what father ever is ? Lynette actually tried to run away before she ever met Neil, to live her life in her own way.

How is Lynette portrait to us ? Headstrong, self assured, independent and adventurous ? I think that's a fair description.

Wouldn't it be just as fair and likely to simply assume that Neil knocked her up, she told him she's pregnant and said "Dude, I'm 18, I wanna see the world and live my life before I settle down, I'm gonna have an abortion!" And Neil then told her he will raise the MC by himself and she said "Fine, but only if you tell him I died, I don't want anything to do with him/her!"

And then she ran away not to live happily ever after with Neil, but to have the child away from her parents and friends and it's actually the grandparents who have no clue that the MC exists.

Everything else would make so much more sense in that scenario, Neil's guilt for keeping the lie up eating away at him, the total absence of anyone from Lynette's side in the MC's life and last but not least, DPC pouring ressources into the Lynette arch to give us a cheeky banger of a plot twist at the end of that storyline. It's no burning house, but it's something ! :D

• Thinking Face

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
Because Lynette is stubborn, self-confident, independent and adventurous, she would have had an abortion and Neil would probably have agreed. Both Lynette as well as Neil would not yet have an emotional attachment to an embryo.

We do know though so Lynette's father knew about the MC because Neil said so he would not help them.

What I could imagine is that Lynette developed a postpartum depression due to the previous events with her parents and with the stressful life situations like financial poverty, social isolation or a low quality or support in the partnership, and because of that she left Neil and her son.
But that is part of the problem, all info comes from Neil and he will always be the information bottleneck, because we don't have any other source.

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
Hi guys, may i know where can i find KEG and tommy? unable to find these 2. please help i am stuck
I'm assuming you are speaking of the Halloween party. The kegs are in Tommy's room IIRC. As for Tommy himself, just try the different locations through the fast travel menu at the bottom-right corner of the screen until you find him.

honestly I don't know what this game's problem is. I just did an unmodded run through seasons 1 and 2 and made a save file to transfer and season 3 still crashes on me despite not being modded
That is so fucked up. What are your system specs? Maybe you are lacking hardware somewhat? Also, try again after disabling "Special effects (better experience)" under settings, just in case.

any other games with love interest like Quinn?
What do you mean exactly?

If you like wild looking girls, then Ashley, from the game Halfway House, may meet your criteria.

If you mean bad girls who may actually be not that bad, there is a popular term in the manga/anime world for this personality trait. Tsundere, as you've been told.

Now, I'm not an expert in the field, so this information may not be accurate at all. But if you really like her real look and what you are looking for are love interests that primarily or partially use the same assets used for Quinn, then you should know that she is based on Aurore for Genesis 3 and 8 female. There are quite a few games that use characters based on that model. But in none of those games is she used as the main LI, as far as I know. Which is a shame, in my opinion.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes