anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
Only Sage saw through it though, and Jill obviously, Derek recognized her voice. Other than that Josy and Maya only knew because of Sage.
Sage and Derek are at separate ends of the intelligence spectrum. That alone suggests other people would have recognised her. We actually don't see anyone who spent any time around her at the party not recognising her and there are plenty of people we don't explicitly see spending time round her who would've done, the nature of the episode means we don't see everything she said and did at the party.

DarkKiller

Sep 3, 2016
Sage and Derek are at separate ends of the intelligence spectrum. That alone suggests other people would have recognised her. We actually don't see anyone who spent any time around her at the party not recognising her and there are plenty of people we don't explicitly see spending time round her who would've done, the nature of the episode means we don't see everything she said and did at the party.
Derek is an idiot but by all accounts he's not dumb at all, I don't really understand why you're saying that about his intelligence.

Gato21

Oct 16, 2021
Derek is an idiot but by all accounts he's not dumb at all, I don't really understand why you're saying that about his intelligence.
He's just jealous of his cocktail making skills while being a sussy baka and getting away with it.

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
He seems to have booksmarts, or at least a way of appearing like he has them. In social situations he's not at all intelligent, we see that with Ash, we could see from a distance that she was interested in him the same way as he was interested in her, but he had no clue until she got upset over Wendy.

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
He seems to have booksmarts, or at least a way of appearing like he has them. In social situations he's not at all intelligent, we see that with Ash, we could see from a distance that she was interested in him the same way as he was interested in her, but he had no clue until she got upset over Wendy.
Yeah, he is not the finest at picking up social cues, all right. But that still does not mean he lacks intelligence. Many intelligent people are weird that way or others.

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
Yeah, he is not the finest at picking up social cues, all right. But that still does not mean he lacks intelligence. Many intelligent people are weird that way or others.
Which means he'd be less likely to spot someone in disguise, he'd take it at face value if they say he doesn't know them. I know a few people like that, and they hate Halloween because people are always pranking them into thinking they're talking to strangers.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
She didn't say it was a picnic for his birthday though. Also, it wasn't meant to define someone's personality, it was designed to be a "gotcha moment" by DPC. I don't even remember if he told her it was for a female friend, just a friend. Could be wrong on that as it has been a long time since having that scene.
When the mc turns Jill down for Sage he makes it obvious it's a girl he's going to see:

mc: "I'm so sorry. You caught me at a bad time""​
mc: "I made a promise to a friend to come help her."​
mc: "She's sick and needs someone to take care of her."​

When they arrive at their picnic destination:

Jill: "We're here!"​
mc: "I have no clue where here is."​
Jill: "Here is where we will have your birthday picnic!"​
mc: "A picnic? What a surprise!"​

So yeah, definitely Jill knew it was a girl he was blowing her off for, and she definitely planned the outing for his birthday.

She was a little caught of guard but pleasant when he told her he had other plans:

Jill: "Oh... Yeah, of course. I understand.!"​
Jill: "I didn't plan anything big. It was spontaneous.!"​
Jill: "You're allowed to have other plans. Haha...!"​
Jill: "So, uh. Happy birthday.!"​

People's emotions are what they are. You can rationalise "It's fine, I didn't tell him about this in advance", but that doen't mean a person won't be upset when their efforts are for nothing, particularly if another girl is involved.

And as I keep saying, she didn't decide to dump the mc because of it, but it affected their relationship a bit, and unfortunately that snowballed into them eventually breaking up.

The only thing related to Schrodinger's theory here is there is pussy involved. :sneaky:

The two quotes are related but not contradictory.

Jill didn't directly dump the mc because he didn't go on the picnic with her. Going on the picnic set off a chain reaction of events that lead to the strengthening of their relationship:
  • The mc confessing to Jill that he was falling in love with her in the picnic rains sequence.
  • The mc redefining the terms on how they would handle Tybalt's blackmail in the same picnic rain sequence.
  • The Balcony climbing scene which left Jill wanting more.
  • The morning run with that lewd display in/by the river.
  • The visit to her friends.
  • Jill's decision to lose her virginity to the mc.
Not going on the picnic derailed some things:
  • The mc didn't confess his love to Jill.
  • The mc didn't tell her he was going to see her regardless of Tybalt's blackmail.
  • The balcony climbing scene left Jill feeling something was missing in their relationship.
  • The morning run didn't happen, therefore Jill didn't take the extra step of almost touching the mc's cock.
  • Jill decided not to invite the mc to meet her friends.
  • Jill will remain a virgin for life.
It's "Sliding Doors" man!

The point being, that Jill didn't end the relationship just because the mc didn't go on the picnic.

That doesn't mean she was a peachy keen Jilly bean when he turned her down. It's only natural for her to be disappointed.

So to those who are saying she was a hypocrite for getting upset when he turned down the picnic invite, it's only natural for her to be upset after excitedly putting in an effort for the birthday celebration with her guy, only to be turned down by him because he's off to help another woman.

And to those who are saying Jill dumped the mc because he didn't go on the picnic, there's way more to it than that.

Jan 31, 2023
And yet again with the tiny details, I just noticed that if you go into Derek's room after the electrical outage during E9 you can see a slight amount of red flashing if you look at the light reflected on the rear wall.

I'd take screenshots but I've been having a problem taking screenshots of the game, I have to open the screenshots folder and take a screenshot and then I can take one single screenshot normally, anyone have any idea how to solve this?

Crusader of Romance

Dec 14, 2019
When the mc turns Jill down for Sage he makes it obvious it's a girl he's going to see:

So yeah, definitely Jill knew it was a girl he was blowing her off for, and she definitely planned the outing for his birthday.

She was a little caught of guard but pleasant when he told her he had other plans:

People's emotions are what they are. You can rationalise "It's fine, I didn't tell him about this in advance", but that doen't mean a person won't be upset when their efforts are for nothing, particularly if another girl is involved.

And as I keep saying, she didn't decide to dump the mc because of it, but it affected their relationship a bit, and unfortunately that snowballed into them eventually breaking up.

The only thing related to Schrodinger's theory here is there is pussy involved. :sneaky:

Jill didn't directly dump the mc because he didn't go on the picnic with her. Going on the picnic set off a chain reaction of events that lead to the strengthening of their relationship:
  • The mc confessing to Jill that he was falling in love with her in the picnic rains sequence.
  • The mc redefining the terms on how they would handle Tybalt's blackmail in the same picnic rain sequence.
  • The mc didn't tell her he was going to see her regardless of Tybalt's blackmail.
  • The balcony climbing scene left Jill feeling something was missing in their relationship.
  • The morning run didn't happen, therefore Jill didn't take the extra step of almost touching the mc's cock.

The point being, that Jill didn't end the relationship just because the mc didn't go on the picnic.

That doesn't mean she was a peachy keen Jilly bean when he turned her down. It's only natural for her to be disappointed.

So to those who are saying she was a hypocrite for getting upset when he turned down the picnic invite, it's only natural for her to be upset after excitedly putting in an effort for the birthday celebration with her guy, only to be turned down by him because he's off to help another woman.

And to those who are saying Jill dumped the mc because he didn't go on the picnic, there's way more to it than that.
Well said! This is exactly what I have been saying but you explained it so well!

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020

Dude, I said that I wasn't sure he told her it was a girl. So, I was wrong. But, previous to that, I was pointing out that she didn't say it was a picnic for his birthday when she invited him. Which could have given the player a little more information to make a decision. Results you state are all scripted by DPC, so yes it was a gotcha moment where if you didn't know before hand what it implied you were most likely going to mess up and it was permanent with no way to recover. The performance should have opened up the window for romance again. All that could have been accomplished at the picnic could have been restarted at the recital. Which would of fit into your emotional reasoning.

Gato21

Oct 16, 2021
Dude, I said that I wasn't sure he told her it was a girl. So, I was wrong. But, previous to that, I was pointing out that she didn't say it was a picnic for his birthday when she invited him. Which could have given the player a little more information to make a decision. Results you state are all scripted by DPC, so yes it was a gotcha moment where if you didn't know before hand what it implied you were most likely going to mess up and it was permanent with no way to recover. The performance should have opened up the window for romance again. All that could have been accomplished at the picnic could have been restarted at the recital. Which would of fit into your emotional reasoning.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022

When I first registered here and ran through Jill's route, I also condemned Jill for the picnic, considered her behavior to be capricious and selfish in case of refusal. I was a little biased. But your posts helped clear things up, it's a very good explanation of why the picnic is the key point in the Jill/MC relationship.
Of course, in my eyes, as a LI, she remains in last place for other reasons, but this helps to understand her better.
Another important explanation comes from your post, many players ask this question: why didn't Jill reschedule the picnic for another time?
Answer: Because she was disappointed, as you wrote. She didn't like that you refused her and went to make time for another girl. Not one girl will not like this behavior, especially at the beginning of a relationship it is very important.
Jill wanted to make a pleasant MC, she had a spark, a spontaneous idea with a picnic. MC refuses her - the spark is extinguished.

Reactions: shazba

Crusader of Romance

Dec 14, 2019
I've been reading the 2023 Q&A, very interesting.
Especially what he said about that some players get too hung up on the meaning of main girl versus side girl. It looks like to him, main girl mostly means more content focused on that girl and side girl means less focused content. Many have assumed that "main girl" meant you could only end up with them in the end but the way he said it makes me wonder if maybe we can end up with someone else in the end. Is there hope for us Riona fans?

Reactions: Neyragrat tsaL

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
I've been reading the 2023 Q&A, very interesting.
Especially what he said about that some players get too hung up on the meaning of main girl versus side girl. It looks like to him, main girl mostly means more content focused on that girl and side girl means less focused content. Many have assumed that "main girl" meant you could only end up with them in the end but the way he said it makes me wonder if maybe we can end up with someone else in the end. Is there hope for us Riona fans?
Considering that she starts seeing the MC with other eyes in episode 9 and that she is one of the girls with their own closing screen in that episode, I would say that you and the rest of fans of Rio's have good reasons to be hopeful about the upcoming episodes.

Last edited:

Redneckp

Nov 30, 2022

What does it matter if the MC mentions that is a girl? She would have done the same if it was Derek, the point is that she needs to be the center of attention. When i found out that she rejects the MC because of that i didn't even bother to do another playthrough, don't care about her ending at all. I'm not going to turn down a friend that needs help and that i already made a commitment too btw, because of a whimy prima donna.

Reactions: dalli_x

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
It's true that these are things that didn't happen if you don't go, but are they reasons to break up? The only reason she has for breaking up is what happened, the MC went to see another girl, not stuff that didn't happen. And of course, this can be enough to a break up. Jill knows the MC is dating other girls, can't take it anymore and breaks up. Maybe she even thinks that it's a lie and that girl isn't sick. But the game could make a better job at explaining it and instead of a generic "this isn't right" she could say something like "I hate that you're dating other girls and I can't go on with this". I bet this would have reduced the complaints about that scene.

Reactions: dalli_x
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes