Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
Is there any reason for Jill to be with the mc in the first place?

She's not one for relationships, she wasn't even intending anything with him to start with, it kinda just happened. He pressured her a couple of times to take things out of her comfort zone, and she stopped him, and it got to the point where she felt that she needed to make a decision.

If you go on the picnic, things progress nicely from that point, and Jill feels more and more comfortable with the mc and eventually takes the plunge. If you don't go on the picnic, things start to stagnate, and yet the mc still tries to push for more after climbing her balcony.

If Jill isn't really into the mc, we see her occasionally wrestling with her thoughts about him, and when she finally does stand up against Tybalt, she also uses that momentum to let the mc know how she feels. She actually doesn't want a relationship, or at least not with either of those guys.

And in the real world, that's OK. But this is an AVN, so she should just suck his dick already! :p
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Isn't this how this happens sometimes? You don't go for it, it just kinda happens. If you don't go on the picnic, things start to stagnate, that's true. But why? Let's say that morning it started raining like hell, and she cancels the idea. Would she feel the same? I don't think so. The only reason she could feel the way she feels about that is because the MC went to help a female friend. Which is fine, but it could be better reflected ingame.

Trinitydotes

Jun 19, 2020
It seems so me that i ran into some kind of infinite glitch with my game. Episode 9 after i defend Josy and witness Rusty talking to a chick in Tommy's room, the infinite slide-show of a scene where Bella arrives to the party and meets Jill starts looping and i cannot escape it. I pursued Sage's path but somehow i have relatonship with Bella too, meaning she's at the party wearing a mummy costume. Can someone help me with that please or do i have to start all over again? Thanks

The Glorious LIME

Oct 20, 2019
It seems so me that i ran into some kind of infinite glitch with my game. Episode 9 after i defend Josy and witness Rusty talking to a chick in Tommy's room, the infinite slide-show of a scene where Bella arrives to the party and meets Jill starts looping and i cannot escape it. I pursued Sage's path but somehow i have relatonship with Bella too, meaning she's at the party wearing a mummy costume. Can someone help me with that please or do i have to start all over again? Thanks
You either used mods or are using a save with mods.
This is not a game issue/bug, it's a result of DPC's anti-cheat protection.
Download the newer version of the mod you used before.
If you don't feel like risking current installation, download S3 again to a new directory and mod that new folder.
New version of the mod will fix it for you.

Redneckp

Nov 30, 2022
Whether Jill tells the mc up front it's a birthday picnic or not doesn't change the fact that she'd organised him a birthday picnic. If she'd explained the effort she went to, and her intentions, it may have swayed the mc to go with her and see Sage later in the day, but that's the mc's perspective, not Jlll's.

My point was that Jill would have been disappointed when the mc turned her down (because of the effort she went to and her expectations), and then finding out he's not going because he's off to look after another girl only further compounds that disappointment; she would have been quite upset at the outcome. She then started reading into it as a sign, which introduced us to her "destiny" understanding which was elaborated on later.

This game isn't just about the mc collating a harem of fuck meat. The developer has tried to infuse human emotion and individual characterisations into the story. Each female has their own agency, their own style, and their own wants.

The surprising thing (from the perspective of what it usually just formulaic in this industry), is this decision isn't a definitive crossroad. If you don't choose Jill, sure, it looks like it's over. But if you don't choose Sage, she only gets mildly annoyed and then doesn't even worry about it after that. Sage is a much more balanced and reasonable girl; she works hard in her studies, she parties hard when she can, and she's down for a good time as long as she's not hurting anyone. Jill is so much more naïve, she looks for signs, believes in destiny, and lacks a lot of self confidence when it comes to relationships.

To suggest this scene had nothing to do with personalities and was just a "gotcha" moment is seriously nonsense. It all aligns with personalities (I don't care for people's hang-ups over the DIK/Chick system), and if you weren't expecting to be bitten by this choice down the track, you weren't paying attention. This was the first time two main love interests were pitted against each other. A large percentage of players panicked when they suddenly were confronted with this decision, they knew they could be fucking something up.

And I don't get this comment: "Results you state are all scripted by DPC"... The whole story is scripted by the writer. What's your point? Did he go AWOL, write up some completely bullshit, random event that makes no sense? No. On the mc's birthday, he was double-booked. He had to choose. One of the girls was going to be let down. Each girl handles it differently.

The bottom line is you choose the girl you like, if you like both you’re eventually gonna have to choose anyway.

Those who complain that the plans were made with Sage before Jill showed up are justified with that stance, but regardless, there could still be consequences from your decision. If you're dating more than one girl at a time, this will happen to you, and you will struggle to keep them all happy. I wouldn't recommend it. :p

The only annoying thing about this entire scene is that DPC literally messed up and did not allow us to see the messages between Sage and the mc if he turns Sage down. A message trail between Sage and the mc exists on the phone, It’s all there but you don’t get to access your phone for the rest of the episode so you can’t see that the mc contacted Sage and told her he’d be coming around a little later, but Sage told him not to worry.

I don't know what your experience with girls is, but if a girl who likes you invites you out, and you tell her you can't make it because you've got to attend your grandma's funeral, she'll understand and may even offer you some "sympathy". :sneaky:

If you tell this girl you can't make it because you've already made plans with some other dudes, she might be a little annoyed, but you could even invite her along (unless you're off to a strip joint - possibly not a good idea).

But if you tell this girl you've already made plans with another girl, it's gonna fucking matter.

Fortunately you've got four grandparents, so just be careful not to use their deaths more than once each. :p

Is there any reason for Jill to be with the mc in the first place?

She's not one for relationships, she wasn't even intending anything with him to start with, it kinda just happened. He pressured her a couple of times to take things out of her comfort zone, and she stopped him, and it got to the point where she felt that she needed to make a decision.

If you go on the picnic, things progress nicely from that point, and Jill feels more and more comfortable with the mc and eventually takes the plunge. If you don't go on the picnic, things start to stagnate, and yet the mc still tries to push for more after climbing her balcony.

If Jill isn't really into the mc, we see her occasionally wrestling with her thoughts about him, and when she finally does stand up against Tybalt, she also uses that momentum to let the mc know how she feels. She actually doesn't want a relationship, or at least not with either of those guys.

And in the real world, that's OK. But this is an AVN, so she should just suck his dick already! :p
My first playthrough was Jill, i figured she was the top prize based on the intro of the game. When that scene came up i thought it was a test, something along the lines of - will i break my word to a needing friend for some pussy - her personality up until that point would indicate that. But the cold shoulder the next time we meet told me otherwise, i expected her to be a little jealous not to break off everything, not even when you help her conquer her biggest fear, nope... you have to cater to her every needs or you're out. Sage was sick, you make it sound like it was a hot date. When i was romancing Jill all i could think of was can't wait to do Sage next. When i helped Sage she was just a friend (man it was hard to reject her) and i'm glad i did, it was the most intimate and special moment in the game.

I haven't done bella branch yet, but Sage is the only real LI in the game, Maya is cool but stuck on a shitty situation, hell even Camila has more character depth than the other LI's. Sage adores you even if you are a pussy, she's the best girl and the reasson why DPC had to ruined her in ep9, he had to take her down a notch for the other girls to be competitive.

Bottom line, it was either bad writing or she's a bitch, i'm thinking it's both.

Reactions: JarethJerdanis

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
You either used mods or are using a save with mods.
This is not a game issue/bug, it's a result of DPC's anti-cheat protection.
Download the newer version of the mod you used before.
If you don't feel like risking current installation, download S3 again to a new directory and mod that new folder.
New version of the mod will fix it for you.
I don't think this is an anticheat protection. More like how the game handles different paths.

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
Brand it how you wish, at the end of the day it was added by DPC to fuck with mods(multi path, money and so on).
So I'll call it an anti-cheat tool any day. DPC hates cheaters.
No, as was explained the loop issues aren't something DPC added to fuck with mods. They're normal game logic that gets broken when unintended parallel paths are opened by the mod. DPC has anticheat code, but that causes the game to close, not loops.

osculim

Aug 21, 2019
Brand it how you wish, at the end of the day it was added by DPC to fuck with mods(multi path, money and so on).
So I'll call it an anti-cheat tool any day. DPC hates cheaters.
I don't know what the problem is with people having issues with the mods Ive played this now a gazillion times over with and without the multi mod and not one issue. I am sure a issue will arise when chapter 10 comes out but so far nothing.

Reactions: The Glorious LIME

The Glorious LIME

Oct 20, 2019
No, as was explained the loop issues aren't something DPC added to fuck with mods. They're normal game logic that gets broken when unintended parallel paths are opened by the mod. DPC has anticheat code, but that causes the game to close, not loops.
I can respect that argument and believe it.

But it's funny tho, in a way, "EP8: Crossroads" is the anti-mod tool, implemented in the best possible way, Game/Ren'Py logic.
Causes a great path divide that serves as an anti-mod tool, genius tbh.

In any case, thanks for the explanation. I overall find it all funny at the end of the day.

Reactions: Meushi

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Why are you so vehemently justifying the bad letter of DPC? There are no pitfalls in this scene, DPC needed to somehow separate the branches of Jill and Sage and he did not come up with anything better than to make the rejection of a surprise a trigger for Jill.
Just as DPC for some reason divided the branches of Lily and Sage. Unless he's planning a threesome between Sage and Jill and Sage and Lily. ;)It is much easier to make a threesome with girls who are not interested in MC as a romantic partner. :devilish:

In any case, Jill put an end to MC as a future boyfriend, husband, father only after MC abandoned her? For her, the only mistake MC has become a red line? If she really liked him, wouldn't it be more logical to give him a second chance? In my opinion, it was more logical to do it at a concert. It was then, after such an important event, that Jill would decide about MC. But it turns out really funny. MC is helping Jill with the concert. He runs across town to Jill for a date with Tybalt and she publicly humiliates him because he didn't go on a picnic with her?
This shows Jill as at least a vindictive and evil bitch who decided to publicly humiliate MC in order to get revenge. After such cases, such girls are deleted even from the lists of friends.
It’s not that I am defending DPC’s writing, it’s more that I am arguing with people saying things like this:

“…she publicly humiliates him because he didn't go on a picnic with her?”

If you’d read any of my recent posts on this topic, I’ve made it pretty clear that Jill isn’t breaking up with the mc because he didn’t go on the picnic, but people keep saying exactly that.

The idea that Jill is a vindictive bitch, who got so angry with the mc because he didn’t go in the picnic that she decided to publicly humiliate him if the chance came up, is deluded.

Her actual plan for the picnic was to celebrate his birthday but also tell him they needed to distance themselves because of Tybalt threatening a lawsuit over the prep mansion "damages". It's only because the mc comes along and things take this turn:

And then they make out and he feels her jugs in the rain, it's very romantic...

The point being, that scene changes the direction of the blackmail. They continue to see each other in spite of the blackmail (the morning run, the dinner with friends), and Jill accepts he really is serious about their relationship.

If that above scene doesn't happen, Jill continues to abide by Tybalt's bullshit, and she sees the mc less, and things fizzle out.

From Jill's perspective, the mc really is wrong for her, she even lists the shit he's been up to:
  • "He told me you were at that party and that you started the fire."
  • "And you threw eggs at them."
  • "And you have this blackeye..."
  • "You've been in fights several times since I met you."
She probably has doubts about him all along, but she's just going with the flow because it's nice, but in the back of her mind, he really isn't the guy for her. But during the picnic, where they thrash it all out, and the mc lets her know in no uncertain terms, he doesn't give a shit about the blackmail, it won't stop him seeing her, she changes her plans.

It doesn't matter either. When a friend calls, you answer the phone and if you decide to help the friend and consequently pledge, you should follow up that pledge with action.

The MC player can also decide not to help Sage, so there is no dilemma with Jill, because the MC can decide to date Jill without breaking his word.
Ignoring the phone call to avoid feeling bad it is a copout. You don't know what call is about in the first place. Also you don't avoid anything you still disappoint someone. When sage comes around later for more training you loose one chance for a point with her because of that. It still makes you an ass for abandoning a sick person.
The mc actually rang Sage with the intention to catch up. She never rang him. When he finds out she's sick he suggests she stays in bed, and then she asks if maybe he could drop over since he was planning to see her anyway, and he's like, yeah, I'll be over in a bit.

It was so fucking casual, no promises, not last dying breaths, no pledges etc.

If the mc chooses Jill, he just messages Sage and says he'll drop over a bit later, and she says not to worry about it. It's so fucking low-key.

Of course when the mc lets Jill down he tells her he made a "promise to a sick friend"; he was hoping that'd sound a little more serious than, "Oh, actually I was just gonna drop by Sage's joint cause she's feeling crook, so you know, you can stick that picnic basket up your ass!"

Isn't this how this happens sometimes? You don't go for it, it just kinda happens. If you don't go on the picnic, things start to stagnate, that's true. But why? Let's say that morning it started raining like hell, and she cancels the idea. Would she feel the same? I don't think so. The only reason she could feel the way she feels about that is because the MC went to help a female friend. Which is fine, but it could be better reflected ingame.
But that swings both ways. Some times you can fall into a relationship with a girl within a circle of friends, sure. I can work out or it might now. But usually, in the early stages of a relationship, if you stop calling her and let things cool off, they fucking cool off.

And the rain scenario? If it rained and she didn't get to have the picnic, she may have decided "it was sign" and just distanced herself from the mc because that was what she intended to do anyway to avoid Tybalt's BS. And then when the mc approached her to see why she was avoiding him, we'd get that whole hallway scene from episode 7, and things would have progressed the same as if he turned her down.

Makes sense to me.

My first playthrough was Jill, i figured she was the top prize based on the intro of the game. When that scene came up i thought it was a test, something along the lines of - will i break my word to a needing friend for some pussy - her personality up until that point would indicate that. But the cold shoulder the next time we meet told me otherwise, i expected her to be a little jealous not to break off everything, not even when you help her conquer her biggest fear, nope... you have to cater to her every needs or you're out. Sage was sick, you make it sound like it was a hot date. When i was romancing Jill all i could think of was can't wait to do Sage next. When i helped Sage she was just a friend (man it was hard to reject her) and i'm glad i did, it was the most intimate and special moment in the game.

I haven't done bella branch yet, but Sage is the only real LI in the game, Maya is cool but stuck on a shitty situation, hell even Camila has more character depth than the other LI's. Sage adores you even if you are a pussy, she's the best girl and the reasson why DPC had to ruined her in ep9, he had to take her down a notch for the other girls to be competitive.

Bottom line, it was either bad writing or she's a bitch, i'm thinking it's both.

View attachment 2466320
That's pretty fucking cool looking for a change. The recent previews have kinda sucked.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes