ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Removing all plot, story, dialogue, and character elements from a game and reducing it just to mechanical inputs in an attempt to justify an opinion about the characters and story is both absurd and dishonest. The hypocrisy meter is going off the charts and there's quite a bit of mental gymnastics made to keep in denial.
Maybe, but when the players are forced to fill the blank, because the game fails to properly shown the necessary details, to understand why certain thing happened the way they happened, you can't be surprised if people just simply simplify it, to nothing more but, a mechanical checkpoint.

It also could have been better if for example punching Tybalt is what makes Jill doubt in MC , instead of him wanting to help someone who is sick and because of it, he can't go out in a picnic. It would be in line with Jill personality too,
after all, She is the definition of Massive Chick :ROFLMAO:

Doorknocker

Aug 5, 2017
Maybe, but when the players are forced to fill the blank, because the game fails to properly shown the necessary details, to understand why certain thing happened the way they happened, you can't be surprised if people just simply simplify it, to nothing more but, a mechanical checkpoint.
Forced to fill the blank? I completely disagree that this game failed to show the necessary details. I and many on this forum have argued (seemingly endlessly) that the question of who Jill is and what was going on there was very clear. There was no ambiguity for many of us. So this is just a situation of some people not understanding the story and characters, and some people understanding it. That's going to happen in pretty much any story but the most obnoxiously simple, crude, and basic stories. Certainly any story with subtext.

So if you're one of the people that didn't get it, then fine. You didn't get it. That doesn't mean there wasn't anything there to get.

And no, this doesn't justify people in removing all context, story elements, and character elements to justify an opinion on character and story. The argument was a dishonest one.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Forced to fill the blank? I completely disagree that this game failed to show the necessary details. I and many on this forum have argued (seemingly endlessly) that the question of who Jill is and what was going on there was very clear. There was no ambiguity for many of us. So this is just a situation of some people not understanding the story and characters, and some people understanding it. That's going to happen in pretty much any story but the most obnoxiously simple, crude, and basic stories. Certainly any story with subtext.
Who Jill is is actually the reason why it doesn't make sense, why she cut ties with MC, who is wanting to help someone in need, She of all people should be the one who is understanding, hell even offering to also help :ROFLMAO:

so I don't know why some so surprised when other scratching their head a bit, about this

Just like, the same way, when a Fuck Buddy MC suddenly doesn't want to be the rebound guy for Sage , right after he confessed Jill that he falling for her.:ROFLMAO:

Doorknocker

Aug 5, 2017
Who Jill is is actually the reason why it doesn't make sense, why she cut ties with MC, who is wanting to help someone in need, She of all people should be the one who is understanding, hell even offeringto also help :ROFLMAO:

so I don't know why some so surprised when other scratching their head a bit, about this
I'm not surprised if some people didn't get it (especially if they didn't actually play through the picnic). I'm arguing against people claiming that there was nothing to get. And Jill doesn't cut ties with the MC. She decides to not be his girlfriend. She describes thier relationship as a nice friendship in Episode 9. That's not cutting ties.

Also, it's not a matter of her being understanding or not. Shazba went over this at length. The circumstances are very specific. But the power of denial is strong, and people are still ignoring the context.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
I'm not surprised if some people didn't get it (especially if they didn't actually play through the picnic). I'm arguing against people claiming that there was nothing to get. And Jill doesn't cut ties with the MC. She decides to not be his girlfriend. She describes thier relationship as a nice friendship in Episode 9. That's not cutting ties.

Also, it's not a matter of her being understanding or not. Shazba went over this at length. The circumstances are very specific. But the power of denial is strong, and people are still ignoring the context.
The context is very simple. You go to picnic, and you have chick affinity or neutral affinity, otherwise, you fucked. that's the context.:LOL:

and BTW , Yes, She cut ties with MC, She cut ties so hard you won't even noticed you are off from her path, until the end of episode 8 when She doesn't show up as available option.:whistle::ROFLMAO:

or when She reject MC , who then stand there scratching his head not understanding what he did wrong, right after he just helped her to achieve her dream. :ROFLMAO:

Jan 19, 2023
The context is very simple. You go to picnic, and you have chick affinity or neutral affinity, otherwise, you fucked. that's the context.:LOL:
and BTW , Yes, She cut ties with MC, She cut ties so hard you won't even noticed you are off from her path, until the end of episode 8 when She doesn't show up as available option.:whistle::ROFLMAO:
So maybe the problem here is not that we don't understand what happened...it's just that DPC screwed up and left too many things up in the air or didn't explain good enough what he had in mind :LOL:

Doorknocker

Aug 5, 2017
Ah, there we go. Straight forward, conscious, willful lies/trolling. None of this subconsious denial stuff. Cool. No point in engaging now.

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
The issue for me isn't whether it's logical for Jill to reject Fuckface for not going on the picnic, although I think she could have given him some sort of heads up that she was no longer interested before the restaurant scene, I get that logic.

My issue is with DPC's writing and the fact that helping Sage seems like the CHICK status/affinity move and players on the Jill path do move towards CHICK choices. It's clear that DPC was trying to organically separate routes around that point but he isn't very good at it (Cathy taking off her underwear to give Fuckface a blowjob being another example of this).

The Glorious LIME

Oct 20, 2019
Just for fun, not trying to offend anyone.

View attachment 2467478
There are other games I played 1-3 routes maybe with CTRL, some I barely force myself to finish the 1 route.

But I got give praise to BaDIK.
One of the rare few games I wanna play all paths/affinities. And I'm not talking about AVNs only, but overall.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
There are other games I played 1-3 routes maybe with CTRL, some I barely force myself to finish the 1 route.

One of the rare few games I wanna play all paths/affinities. And I'm not talking about AVNs only, but overall.
I have only two games at the moment with several routes, maybe three will be later. There are very few high quality AVNs.

Reactions: The Glorious LIME

Envy*

Apr 10, 2022

For me it's the opposite, the only game where I kept only one save and kept Bella... at least until there is a route for Quinn.

Redneckp

Nov 30, 2022

Your argument is agree with me because i get it, i'm right in my interpretation of what happened offscreen, in RL you don't get do-overs, you don't have the chance to go to both places and see what happens in the picnic, it's bad storytelling and i wish people stopped supporting it and defending it. All we got was the cold shoulder the day after and her telling you "so, why haven't you shown it more" when MC tells her that he want's to see her, he even explains everything to her, but she doesn't want to hear it cuz she's a spoiled brat. The only interpretation possible without knowing what happens in the picnic is that she's pissed you blow her off to treat a sick friend, cuz she needs to control your every move the same way she forced helped you with the "bullies". Sage being sick was a sign to stay clear of crazy.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Your argument is agree with me because i get it, i'm right in my interpretation of what happened offscreen, in RL you don't get do-overs, you don't have the chance to go to both places and see what happens in the picnic, it's bad storytelling and i wish people stopped supporting it and defending it. All we got was the cold shoulder the day after and her telling you "so, why haven't you shown it more" when MC tells her that he want's to see her, he even explains everything to her, but she doesn't want to hear it cuz she's a spoiled brat. The only interpretation possible without knowing what happens in the picnic is that she's pissed you blow her off to treat a sick friend, cuz she needs to control your every move the same way she forced helped you with the "bullies". Sage being sick was a sign to stay clear of crazy.
The funny thing about that, She actually don't say that to MC. That is an Inner monologue of Jill that only We as the Player see, but the MC doesn't hear it :LOL:

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes