Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
Only 17 huh? if he truly executes all the endings well it is gonna be hard for others to top this game in terms of pretty much everything
The amount of content and diversed paths still mindblowns me
yeah there isn't a game coming close to the amount content there might be better renders out there but not to this scale

Reactions: sava75 and hahequ

saynotoNTR

Mar 17, 2021
It's not positivism when I was looking for images to make the banner I made a folder with each image from EP 9 of each girl and there the renders of each one appeared with their name

And it was more than 100 for each

mpa71 he probably have the exact numbers for how many renders each MG has in the game so far
Still, 500 unique renders for each main girl is a lot. DPC will probably dedicate 200-250 to each and that's it. I believe that the main girls appeared a lot in the renders made for canon-plot.

For example, anyone who hasn't followed Bella's path will see her in the classroom. Those who haven't followed Jill's path will see her helping Maya and dealing with the campaign she wants to run on her dead sister's behalf. And so on... So get ready, cowboy. Many forced interactions await us, my dear brother. :KEK:

mpa71

Dec 18, 2017
:coffee: Updated BigTable™ with the recent informations.
OhHello!

• Regarding the early target estimate, Renders are about 50% complete and Animations 46% done.
  • We actually closely tailing EP7 development efficiency, which have the all-Time best Ratio score.
  • Could be release by end of July (7 months / 32 weeks projection). 44% complete with that estimation.
EP​
Renders​
Animations (min)
Music*
Scenes
Size_GB
Release​
Development Time​
Ratio*
R/W
sA/W
EP1​
130151 (3:29)
—​
≈1.1
07 Feb 2019​
— days
—​
—​
—​
EP2​
1709 (+31%)77 (3:36) (+26)
—​
≈2.3 (+1.2)
04 May 2019​
087 (2 months, 28 days |≈12 weeks)
138​
EP3​
2289 (+34%)99 (4:42) (+22)
—​
10​
≈4.1 (+1.8)
16 Aug 2019​
105 (3 months, 13 days |≈15 weeks)
EP4​
2532 (+11%)134 (7:57) (+35)
—​
15​
≈6.1 (+2.0)
10 Jan 2020​
148 (4 months, 26 days |≈21 weeks)
22.6​
EP5​
2456 (-3%)157 (8:35) (+23)
17 (3.4K$)
11​
≈8.0 (+1.9)
29 May 2020​
141 (4 months, 20 days |≈20 weeks)
25.6​
EP6​
3336 (+35%)162 (8:33) (+5)
24 (4.8K$)
≈11.1 (+3.1)
13 Nov 2020​
169 (5 months, 16 days |≈24 weeks)
138​
21.2​
EP7​
3723 (+12%)250 (18:14) (+88)
18 (3.6K$)
15​
≈14.5 (+3.4)
23 Apr 2021​
162 (5 months, 11 days |≈23 weeks)
EP8​
4158 (+12%)358 (26:21) (+108)
34 (6.8K$)
16​
≈19.5 (+5.0)
19 Nov 2021​
211 (6 months, 28 days |≈30 weeks)
138​
EPI
79436 (4:36)
19 (3.8K$)
≈2.6 (new)
4 Mar 2022​
105 (3 months, 13 days |≈15 weeks)
EP9​
5037 (+21%)303 (26:08) (-55)
21 (4.2K$)
≈7.3 (+4.7)
16 Dec 2022​
287 (9 months, 12 days |≈41 weeks)
38.2​
EP10
Target ≈4500
Target ≈320
10 (2.0K$)
in development
098 (3 months, 8 day |≈14 weeks)
Complete Table with the idea of Holy Bacchus† original post — Being a DIK in development since 4 years, 1 months, 17 days (49 months / 215 weeks / 1,506 days / 36,144 hours)
* | Total: 26,467$ — Ratio: (Renders/Weeks + secondsAnimations/Weeks) | Renders/Weeks | secondsAnimations/Weeks

(y)Thumbs Up to:
| Casiope's DIK Walkthrough | AchedCroissant's EP10 Preview Collection | RPDL's
| shazba's Q/A Story Summary | Holy Bacchus 's Story Timeline | DrPinkCake's Q&A Session

c.mork

Nov 3, 2022
if you don't think that's going cause some kind of drama/shit storm then you are delusional.
Only if they have your questionable morals. If Rio gonna have a route then MC can enter a relationship with her with the full knowledge she was part of the restaurant.
College students fuck around, only you make a big deal out of it (which quite ironic from a Quinn fan).

c0gnomen

Dec 25, 2022
Unpopular opinion, but... I always believed that creating an “Other” route was a mistake, episode 10 will be the first plot-focused episode after “Crossroads” and DPC is already struggling to handle that route.

People need to understand that not all game girls can be given special attention. There's a reason why there's a divide between main girls and side girls. The plot was supposed to be focused on the main girls and that's it.

DPC will soon realize that he is biting off more than he can chew. So get ready... some characters will pay the price for this. There is no possibility that the girls from the “Others” route have their plots well worked when the author wants to tell the whole story in 16 episodes.
I think others route is just a byproduct of DPC's writing style where all side girls are getting more and more involved into main story (or main stories?). Plus we saw how MC could build relationship with some of them and it would be weird if DPC would simply cut of their pathes.
BaDIK though is more linear that you think. It's more complicated than, say, Eternum or OIaL where you can witness all the content after playing a harem route but it still doesn't have massive "butterfly effect" like some classic japanese VNs where after several episodes there are almost none same major events. Yet BaDIK had enough to force us going through several playthoughs which is a huge plus imo. Probably the biggest non-linear moment in BaDIK is where we should choose where to go after Josy shows at the dorm.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: saynotoNTR

gamingdevil800

Monke
Donor
Aug 4, 2020
Unpopular opinion, but... I always believed that creating an “Other” route was a mistake, episode 10 will be the first plot-focused episode after “Crossroads” and DPC is already struggling to handle that route.

People need to understand that not all game girls can be given special attention. There's a reason why there's a divide between main girls and side girls. The plot was supposed to be focused on the main girls and that's it.

DPC will soon realize that he is biting off more than he can chew. So get ready... some characters will pay the price for this. There is no possibility that the girls from the “Others” route have their plots well worked when the author wants to tell the whole story in 16 episodes.
Others isn't even the problem forcing a choice in episode 8 and locking everything else off is what increased the workload. So instead of just Chick, DIK and Neutral the game got split off into Chick Sage, Chick Bella, Chick Jill, Chick Maya/Josy, Chick Others, DIK Sage, DIK Bella, DIK Others then Neutral paths...

If he eliminated Others then there would only be one DIK focused path aka Sage cause Bella isn't really a Chick character. Then Others is till necessary for those that never engaged in relationships with any of the main LI's. I'd say Others is considerably less work too he can pick and choose who shows up each episode. However now e.g. there needs to be a sex scene with every other LI each episode otherwise e.g. Bella fans would go two years without content. It use to be Bella or Sage etc wouldn't have a sex scene each episode but now he's literally forced to do it.

I thought DPC wouldn't force a relationship choice till the very end of the game like most other VN's do to save themselves a headache

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
Call it hypocrisy if you want, but a girl being loose and a guy getting laid ain't the same, and everyone knows that.
If both a guy, and a girl, sleep with 20 odd people in the first month, or so, of college... Pretty sure it makes them both whores. Equality, yay!

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
this has never been a problem for DPC, call it replayability if you like:cool:

I still wouldn't replay a run for a change of scene
I've never seen the famous scene with Maya and Josy where you do everything Josy, and I'm missing several of Madame's content too
That's my point yeah. Let's say we tell someone that Neutral can get everything for every girl, and then they find some content locked behind affinity/status. That's why I don't think it is a good recommendation. I hope he doesn't start locking different content under different affinities/statuses for the same girl, that would be mean :KEK:

I don't know which Maya scene you mean.

saynotoNTR

Mar 17, 2021
Others isn't even the problem forcing a choice in episode 8 and locking everything else off is what increased the workload. So instead of just Chick, DIK and Neutral the game got split off into Chick Sage, Chick Bella, Chick Jill, Chick Maya/Josy, Chick Others, DIK Sage, DIK Bella, DIK Others then Neutral paths...

If he eliminated Others then there would only be one DIK focused path aka Sage cause Bella isn't really a Chick character. Then Others is till necessary for those that never engaged in relationships with any of the main LI's. I'd say Others is considerably less work too he can pick and choose who shows up each episode. However now e.g. there needs to be a sex scene with every other LI each episode otherwise e.g. Bella fans would go two years without content. It use to be Bella or Sage etc wouldn't have a sex scene each episode but now he's literally forced to do it.

I thought DPC wouldn't force a relationship choice till the very end of the game like most other VN's do to save themselves a headache
The truth is, the CHICK/DIK system when it comes to girls is something that doesn't work, at least not yet. We're heading into episode 10, the only scenes where this system mattered when it came to the love interests is when we had the option to choke Sage during anal sex and when we had the option to perform 69 with Bella.

This CHICK/DIK system is flawed when used with girls. I don't think it's worth being DIK just to choke Sage during sex or being a CHICK and acting like a pussy to do 69 with Bella.

c0gnomen

Dec 25, 2022
The truth is, the CHICK/DIK system when it comes to girls is something that doesn't work, at least not yet. We're heading into episode 10, the only scenes where this system mattered when it came to the love interests is when we had the option to choke Sage during anal sex and when we had the option to perform 69 with Bella.

This CHICK/DIK system is flawed when used with girls. I don't think it's worth being DIK just to choke Sage during sex or being a CHICK and acting like a pussy to do 69 with Bella.
There is a possibility though. Since now MC has permanent affinity we won't be able to chose opposite affinity desicion and we already saw how those major choises showed up with side girls (Riona, Heather).

met4lsp4wn

May 5, 2017
Since it is somewhere in Tybalt's room, I guessed you are speaking of the free roam event at the Alpha Nu Omega mansion (episode 5).

These are the magazines you can find in our dearest Tyball's room during that event.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

P. S. The screenshot is from the officlal guide for season 2 of the game, BTW, which must be linked in the OP, in case you want to pick a copy of it.
Thanks I figured it out.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Jumbi

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
That's my point yeah. Let's say we tell someone that Neutral can get everything for every girl, and then they find some content locked behind affinity/status. That's why I don't think it is a good recommendation. I hope he doesn't start locking different content under different affinities/statuses for the same girl, that would be mean :KEK:

I don't know which Maya scene you mean.
the advice on neutral affinity only makes sense for the first two seasons (and in any case does not allow one to see everything anyway), it is now outdated.

I refer to this scene (seventh chapter)
screenshot0001.png

Reactions: Wizard_Shiryuu

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
I know, I know. What I meant is that it would have been nice that an MC with neutral affinity also got his share of exclusive dialogue lines instead of being an exact copy of a chick MC in that regard.
I made a screenshot from the walkthrough. This is clearly written with which personality traits DPC defines CHICK and DIK. The joke is so that DPC has not defined any personality traits for a NEUTRAL affinity. Why?

screenshot0001.png

There is no neutrality in personality traits of people because every person has his own ego and thus is next to himself first. A person can make a neutral decision in a situation, but that is not a personality trait, it is a decision made based on a person's personality traits.

As a reason for DPC using the same lines of dialogue for NEUTRAL and CHICK is simple and told to us by the MC himself in EP5. The MC, from the story, is on his way to being an adult. That's why he's in college. CHICK (nicer/calmer/more mature).

The DIK MC (meaner/edgier/impulsive), on the other hand, contradicts what is written in EP5 and therefore needs separate dialogues because the player has actively decided not to grow up.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes