Sony676

Mar 14, 2021
Most AVNs with voice acting don't deliver in that front. The VA in those is usually subpar. In this same game, did you hear Jill's voice during the warning message the first time you ran the game? It's horrible, simply put.
Well if you use the money you have you definetly could find and hire professional voice actors... Not really an argument talking about that very early voice acting experiment.

• Haha
Reactions: saynotoNTR

saynotoNTR

Mar 17, 2021
Well if you use the money you have you definetly could find and hire professional voice actors... Not really an argument talking about that very early voice acting experiment.
Dude, get your head out of the clouds and back down to earth. The cast of Being a DIK is quite diverse, hiring perfect voice actors for all the characters would be a challenge even for a large company like Rockstar.

Do you really want to see some fat, virgy Sally fan in their 40s voicing Quinn's dad?

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
Regarding of your original comment, about the Neutral Affinity differences, I understand that DPC didn't wanted to add a 3 variation for every conversation, but I think it could have been more trasnparent if the Neutral MC's personality would have been determend by how many Dik or Chick major choices he made.
If you have more Chick choices You get the Chick variation of the conversation, and if you have more Dik, you get the Dik personality. :unsure:
Yeah, that could have worked just fine. (y)

Last edited:
Reactions: ChipLecsap

Sony676

Mar 14, 2021
Dude, get your head out of the clouds and back down to earth. The cast of Being a DIK is quite diverse, hiring perfect voice actors for all the characters would be a challenge even for a large company like Rockstar.

Do you really want to see some fat, virgy Sally fan in their 40s voicing Quinn's dad?
If you're satisfied with what you get - fine by me. I would always aim for something more if the patrons support me that much. And I also added "If not for all the lines then at least for sex scenes.". Something like moaning would add so much and now pls don't tell me it would be hard to cast female voice actors for that. The Genesis Order has like 2 different voices that uses different pitches/layers and for THAT it is quite good... But if you don't even try to add something new and spicy to your game then I ask myself what you're aiming for to get better and offer something more?

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Hiring high quality professional voice actors for so many dialogues is a huge amount of money and even with DPC's high incomes I don't think he can pay for it. We are talking about hundreds of thousands dollars, maybe even a million.

Sony676

Mar 14, 2021
Hiring high quality professional voice actors for so many dialogues is a huge amount of money and even with DPC's high incomes I don't think he can pay for it. We are talking about hundreds of thousands dollars, maybe even a million.
My main focus on the original comment have been the sex scenes, not ALL of the lines. But even there you could find a compromise in just adding SOME voice lines to add something fresh to the main characters. Main Focus to me would be enhancing the sex scenes...

Reactions: Geralt From Rivia

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
Well, yes, that's a good point, but getting accredited professionals can't come cheap. It may not pay off.

Sony676

Mar 14, 2021
Never change a winning team, young padawan. ;)
There we just have completely different opinions. As an artist I would ALWAYS aim for something more to ensure the best and most immersive experience for my patrons. But maybe thats just me.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
My main focus on the original comment have been the sex scenes, not ALL of the lines. But even there you could find a compromise in just adding SOME voice lines to add something fresh to the main characters. Main Focus to me would be enhancing the sex scenes...
Sounding sex scenes is a very good idea by the way - moans, blowjob sounds, orgasms, spanking, sex sounds, etc.. Such a sound background will make these scenes more alive, I once wrote about it.
I saw it in one other popular game and it's cool.Game name: Our Red String

Don Sucio

Jan 17, 2021
It would be a very difficult job to do well, for example, in most games in which there are noises or moans in sex scenes, I turn down the volume, it makes me cringe to listen to it because I don't feel it real. Yes, it would be very interesting if all the scenes had a voice, as if it were a television soap opera so to speak, but as they have previously commented, it is something extremely expensive and complicated to do well. Hopefully at some point someone will do it, it would be quite a revolution, but since I don't find it "natural" today, I prefer that it not be implemented. Of course it is my humble opinion.

saynotoNTR

Mar 17, 2021
There we just have completely different opinions. As an artist I would ALWAYS aim for something more to ensure the best and most immersive experience for my patrons. But maybe thats just me.
I understood the message you wanted to convey. It's just that sometimes, less is more. Don't take it personally, your idea was a good one... if DPC had the resources available though. Even if he has an infinite amount of money, it's not easy to cast a voice cast for a game of this magnitude. Like I said, I don't think it's worth it.

Don Sucio

Jan 17, 2021
Sounding sex scenes is a very good idea by the way - moans, blowjob sounds, orgasms, spanking, sex sounds, etc.. Such a sound background will make these scenes more alive, I once wrote about it.
The difficult thing would be to do it well and in a way that does not bother the player

Sony676

Mar 14, 2021
I understood the message you wanted to convey. It's just that sometimes, less is more. Don't take it personally, your idea was a good one... if DPC had the resources available though. Even if he has an infinite amount of money, it's not easy to cast a voice cast for a game of this magnitude. Like I said, I don't think it's worth it.
Don't get me wrong. I think he definitely earned the number one spot when it comes to those games. Especially the early episodes have been nothing but fantastic and he overshadowed mostly anything in the whole genre. Now that we're heading to episode 10 I just really want something to spice things up a little bit. Yes voice lines for EVERYTHING might be way too ambitious but I really would love an enhancement when it comes to sex scenes.

Reactions: saynotoNTR

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
Episode 9 might have been the biggest episode but it was also by far the weakest one to be honest. I don't really see him release a new episode in June/July. For his workflow this would be way too "fast". It kinda sucks to read those reports if you know it'll take an eternity anyways. Still don't get why the BIGGEST patreon renpy game doesn't hire workers to speed up the process. Dude has over 13.000 patrons yet he insists on working all alone...Dr. Pinkcake could still be in creative control but others could take SO much work from him. I at least would and DO expect the biggest patreon erotic game to put some money into speeding up the process of releasing updates.

p.s.: He should really consider to at least hire some voice actors. If not for all of the text it would at least add something spicy to the sex scenes etc. THAT and actual sex "sounds". We're heading towards episode 10 and there hasn't been anything close to that. Games with less money and attention added stuff like that and it worked out pretty good. With the money Dr. Pinkcake earns he could EASILY hire talented people.

Uhh "hire workers" again to make things faster? DPC is one example that its just not true that more workers would speed up the development significantly, cause he makes more renders and animations then anybody else around here in the same time. Alone...

That you think it would be kinda "fast" for his workflow to get an episode done in 6 months, let me tell you... so far NO episode took much longer than 6 months, episode 9 was the first that took so long. Overall DPC delivered episodes in around 5-6 months, with one exeption. Someone in this thread kept a chart with the development time for each episode and the amount of renders and animations in it, (sorry buddy, dont remeber your name and iam to lazy to search for it now, but its an awesome chart).

That DPC doesnt want to hire people is a thing that bothers many, and i was once one of them, until i took a closer look at other projects around here... most of the games are not even close to the quality DPC can deliver, with a whole team behind it and making updates not even half that big in 6-8 months. I cant name one single project (and i played plenty, way more than 200 already) that can deliver MORE renders and animations and playtime with a single update in the same time as DPC is capable of... digi.b gets real close i would say. And surprise, he flys solo too.

Is it possible with hired people to get things done faster? Maybe, but there is no evidence so far... most Teams with several DEVs are building a team cause no one has the talent to do everything on his own, not to get out updates faster.

What is most time consuming is the writing and rendering. Hire someone for writing? NO WAY DPC would ever consider that, and how should that even work? forget it. Hire someone for animations and rendering? Thats the thing DPCs cares the most for, maybe even more than for the writing and has the most fun as it seems. NO WAY he would hire someone for that and check all his work twice just to make it himself again. So... whats the point here?

And even if he would hire people, we would get the major problem... boring development for DPC. He likes to do everything by himself, cause like this, its not getting boring. We already went through a phase where he struggled with that. That was the reason for the interlude btw. He needs to make different things now and than. One week writing, one week static renders, than a week posing animations, code a minigame, bla bla bla and so on. If he would hire people for some things, he wouldnt do it himself anymore, that would lead to a monotone development shedule for sure.

Nah to hire people wouldnt speed up a single thing, and would more likely cause a loss in quality overall, and would kill DPCs passion in the long run.

Hire people for maybe sound and dialogues? Well, iam not a fan of that... in nearly everysingle game around here that has voice in it or "sexsounds" its getting rather disturbing really fast and is far off from reality.

In the intro of being a dik we get to see Jill the first time and she has a voiceactress there... And i dont know why, it kills my immersion. It helps the immersion to just imagine how they would sound and so on... to actually hear it? Nah... its not a movie and not a live-action-game either. Its a visual novel, and those are never with "voice" But its just my taste in this regard... If DPC wanted to add more sounds and especially voice, he would have done it, but i think he doesnt want to, and i personally dont see any point in doing it differently... Cause all the other games with sex-sounds or voice in it, are not even close to the sucess of being a dik, so why do you think they benift from them? Its your taste, ok... and of course many others might like that too. But as you can see, being a dik doesnt have those and is incredibly sucessful. Voice and sexsounds wouldnt change that. And i dont think it would be more sucessful with it. In fact... it would slow down development even more.

To summarize... so far episode 9 is the only exeption with such a long development time, still DPC delivered round about 5000 renders and 300 animations of high quality (most of the pointless, but he did it anyway) which are numbers no one else can deliver, not even in 12 months to be clear.

I didnt liked ep9, its by far the weakest so far i think... and overall most people are not that fond of the last episode, but there are still many who liked it very much.

But to say DPC is to slow in development, and he needs to hire people to get updates out faster with more content ist kinda ridiculous. Cause he is one of the fastest DEV with the biggest updates overall on this plattform.

Would i like to get episodes out faster? OF COURSE. But do i see a realistic way to get it done faster if he hires some people for work he wants to do himself? Nope. doesnt matter who he would hire and for what work... it wouldnt speed up anything. The only thing that could REALLY speed up things is better or MORE hardware. precisely more rendering slaves... but that would mean DPC has to post renders faster too... which would cause trouble in the overall workflow i think.

It took him a while to get a good workflow going, and he has found his rythm. He lost that rythm during development for ep9... there are plenty of reasons why this happened though. (one of them is the new system in season 3) And so far for ep10 everything looks fine, just like before ep9 again... BUT with higher rendering and animations quality. If he can deliver episode in the same time like he did with ep7 and 8 and every single one before, there is really no room to complain.

I was afraid that the more than 8 months he took for ep9 would be the "new" pace, but it doesnt look like it. He has already done more renders and animations in 3 months than he did in 5 months for ep9. He didnt increased the speed, but got back to the development pace before ep9. And to throw out an update with more than 4000 renders and more than 250 animations in about 6 months in this kind of quality? Whats to complain about that? Others can even deliver half of that.

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
So you'd like to get voices mainly in the lewd scenes? I would not even call that voice acting then. IMHO quite unnecessary.

KАRАMBA

Engaged Member
Jan 6, 2021
I disagree. Voice acting can spoil the imaginative perception. The visual component is quite enough for imagination.

Sony676

Mar 14, 2021
So you'd like to get voices mainly in the lewd scenes? I would not even call that voice acting then. IMHO quite unnecessary.
Well to me it made a huge difference in some games. Yes some games add shitty moans for scenes like that but Genesis Order for example uses hardly 2 different female voices and pitches them. And the resources of Dr. Pinkcake are way bigger I assume. So he could definetly do something good to those scenes.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes