RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
hey guys what if the ending of the game involves the DIK mansion being on fire while all the girls are inside and you can only save one?

If you know you know;)
Counterpoint. What if the only people inside are the goblin and the blue haired bitch and you have the option to save none? That would go down as one of the best endings to an AVN I've ever played!!! DPC, get on it!!!!

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Yeah, we can't know. But we know she only realised that after losing what she had there, which makes her look selfish. Maybe she would have realised she missed home eventually? Maybe. But with the information we have she only realised that after losing everything in SD.
selfishness is an exaggerated term

she had doubts, but until she had a choice she did not face them. back to the wall she went

I would speak more of fear than egoism

Reactions: SomboSteel

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
selfishness is an exaggerated term

she had doubts, but until she had a choice she did not face them. back to the wall she went

I would speak more of fear than egoism
It wasn't the word I was looking for, but I couldn't find a better one. I hope I got my point across.

I wouldn't say she did it out of fear, to me she didn't think about home while things where ok (they never were really ok, she was always losing money). And only started thinking long term when she couldn't keep living she same way she was doing.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
It wasn't the word I was looking for, but I couldn't find a better one. I hope I got my point across.

I wouldn't say she did it out of fear, to me she didn't think about home while things where ok (they never were really ok, she was always losing money). And only started thinking long term when she couldn't keep living she same way she was doing.
within the limits of the narrative Zoey thinks about home in general and MC in particular at least until the stupid choice to let him go (she wanted him to go to San Diego when she had to finish school, then when school is over she doesn't want him anymore..), and by that time surfing is already a failure.

But it takes courage to reintroduce yourself to someone after deliberately avoiding them, and Zoey only finds this courage when she has no other options

Last edited:

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
Ok, I got a bone to pick with who it was that uploaded that archive of Bella's and Jill's voices couple weeks back (I forget who that was now). I just now remembered to finally check that out, and after hearing sweet Bella's voice, can't see her the same way anymore.
YOU'VE RUINED BELLA!!
that was a mortal sin buster!
:mad:

Why, oh why did I have to be so curious to even go there.

Joking aside though, good grief is that voice-over just horrible. :ROFLMAO:

Flute

Jun 12, 2019
I'm fine with Zoey. Things like that happen in real life and long distance separates everyone, sometimes intentionally and sometimes not, and honestly I care more about the present (and so far, she's just trying to reconnect so ya know).

Also, Bella as a mummy looks just..weird? I liked the costume of the girl which just tossed a sheet over herself more that that mummy look.

lollar2112

Dec 10, 2017
I'm fine with Zoey. Things like that happen in real life and long distance separates everyone, sometimes intentionally and sometimes not, and honestly I care more about the present (and so far, she's just trying to reconnect so ya know).

Also, Bella as a mummy looks just..weird? I liked the costume of the girl which just tossed a sheet over herself more that that mummy look.
I agree she looked odd. DPC seems to have a fascination with experimenting with lots of makeup on his girls. Attractive women usually don't need much makeup. I thought Josy looked fine with her hair down, but he gunked her up in so much makeup and lip gloss she looked different. IMO he should just make them all more natural looking and I don't think they will look as odd as often.

SomboSteel

May 8, 2017
within the limits of the narrative Zoey thinks about home in general and MC in particular at least until the stupid choice to let him go (she wanted him to go to San Diego when she had to finish school, then when school is over she doesn't want him anymore..), and by that time surfing is already a failure.

But it takes courage to reintroduce yourself to someone after deliberately avoiding them, and Zoey only finds this courage when she has no other options
i overall agree with your perspective regarding Zoey in the interlude. i think it was an overall small failure on DPC's part regarding the way she is written. if he really wanted us to believe she was homesick, then why wasnt that more prominent throughout the entire episode? why emphasize that she only comes back home when she has no way to survive in San Diego?

im literally gonna pull something out of thin air that could have been added in: have a scene where Zoey wakes up from a dream about a past memory with MC (like hanging out in detention or whatever). we dont even have to see the dream, her inner monologue can make that apparent for us. then as she lays in bed thinking about the dream, maybe she picks up her phone and looks over the last texts she sent MC and has a look of worry/contemplation as she thinks about texting him again to see how is has been doing. ultimately she doesnt have the courage to send anything, but at least its made clear to the audience that she considered it and maybe actually has mixed feeling about MC and how it ended.

but instead of stuff like that littered throughout, she spends her days having a total blast and spinning around in chairs and living her best life with MC not even a thought in the back of her mind for 99% of it. DPC could have let her wear that mask in front of her new friends, but in her alone time we should have seen much more of her vulnerable insecurity and mild despair at her situation with her "best friend". and as ive previously mentioned on this topic, if you had her ACTUALLY DATE people as she pretends to "move on" (pretends is because she obviously stays an option to MC based on the nature of this game) and realizes through personal experience how shitty so many other guys are, and then as a consequence realizes how great her and MC were together and that she now knows she wants their relationship taken to the next level. that makes a much more meaningful catalyst for her returning home, and it would make sense whether she had money/success in San Diego or not, and doesnt add any negative connotations to her character motivations for returning.

i think many of the Interlude's issues come from the differences on how the game was set up to played compared to how its supposed to function merely as a larger slideshow of filler information to catch her up to everyone else in the game's timeline. if the game was built to actually mimic BaDIK and Zoey was a real MC of her own, with us being able to take many different paths as she experiences genuine trials and tribulations (including sexual encounters), then her journey and growth could be better explored similar to the actual MC. but because she is like some psuedo-MC wannabe in her episode, it limits what's possible for us to experience when "playing" as Zoey, as well as the fact that she reverts to basic side girl status in the real game means that the mish mash that is the Interlude just doesnt really work particularly well in any of its intended roles in this overall story.

drax 4998

Mar 27, 2021
Ep 9 have most of others (no relationship dating) path scene and here I thought why there are only few scenes with every path I tryed every single path Bella sage jill josy & Maya and couldn't unlock all of them and then finally I found the others option and it's was the main path for ep 9 (only for this ep)

Thank you for those who miss guide me before but eventually I get what I want and cause of them I get lots of save file mixed up but it contains everything so thak you

osculim

Aug 21, 2019
Ep 9 have most of others (no relationship dating) path scene and here I thought why there are only few scenes with every path I tryed every single path Bella sage jill josy & Maya and couldn't unlock all of them and then finally I found the others option and it's was the main path for ep 9 (only for this ep)

Thank you for those who miss guide me before but eventually I get what I want and cause of them I get lots of save file mixed up but it contains everything so thak you
How were you misguided? The others path can be linked to literally any of those paths you played. It all depends how willing you are to feel like an ashole having to reject some of the girls in the end. It is pretty simple really if you want to go for all the side girls just do the sage path and bang anyone you want except the other main girls. Since Sage is just a fuck buddy during the first 8 episodes she doesn't take the rejection hard at all. The advice you were probably given is to stick to one girl at a time which is not bad advice to be honest. Unless your a sucker for punishment.

robrize2169

Oct 8, 2022
the different takes on Zoey are interesting to read. personally i like Zoey. she was mc's first love and he was devastated by her leaving him. she saw him a bit differently. a best friend with benefits and though i think she missed him alot, she didn't realize how much till she saw the little drawing on the train. that clues her in to just how much she missed him. and since she never realized that he thought Bret was her new bf, she doesn't realize how much she hurt him till they reconnect on the park bench. during the party, the way he behaves and her dik/chick affinity should play into a potential reconnect as gf/bf down the road. proabably on the others route. but maybe even with one of LI's as a way to open Zoey up to sharing. she sees the party goers as weird but if she ends up going to B&R at some point, i see her spending a lot of time with MC and his various harem of girls and who knows what could happen from there. i just wish DPC would move the stories along a bit quicker rather than adding all the fluff like collectible renders etc.

Reactions: Mtmtmt007

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
i overall agree with your perspective regarding Zoey in the interlude. i think it was an overall small failure on DPC's part regarding the way she is written. if he really wanted us to believe she was homesick, then why wasnt that more prominent throughout the entire episode? why emphasize that she only comes back home when she has no way to survive in San Diego?

im literally gonna pull something out of thin air that could have been added in: have a scene where Zoey wakes up from a dream about a past memory with MC (like hanging out in detention or whatever). we dont even have to see the dream, her inner monologue can make that apparent for us. then as she lays in bed thinking about the dream, maybe she picks up her phone and looks over the last texts she sent MC and has a look of worry/contemplation as she thinks about texting him again to see how is has been doing. ultimately she doesnt have the courage to send anything, but at least its made clear to the audience that she considered it and maybe actually has mixed feeling about MC and how it ended.

but instead of stuff like that littered throughout, she spends her days having a total blast and spinning around in chairs and living her best life with MC not even a thought in the back of her mind for 99% of it. DPC could have let her wear that mask in front of her new friends, but in her alone time we should have seen much more of her vulnerable insecurity and mild despair at her situation with her "best friend". and as ive previously mentioned on this topic, if you had her ACTUALLY DATE people as she pretends to "move on" (pretends is because she obviously stays an option to MC based on the nature of this game) and realizes through personal experience how shitty so many other guys are, and then as a consequence realizes how great her and MC were together and that she now knows she wants their relationship taken to the next level. that makes a much more meaningful catalyst for her returning home, and it would make sense whether she had money/success in San Diego or not, and doesnt add any negative connotations to her character motivations for returning.

i think many of the Interlude's issues come from the differences on how the game was set up to played compared to how its supposed to function merely as a larger slideshow of filler information to catch her up to everyone else in the game's timeline. if the game was built to actually mimic BaDIK and Zoey was a real MC of her own, with us being able to take many different paths as she experiences genuine trials and tribulations (including sexual encounters), then her journey and growth could be better explored similar to the actual MC. but because she is like some psuedo-MC wannabe in her episode, it limits what's possible for us to experience when "playing" as Zoey, as well as the fact that she reverts to basic side girl status in the real game means that the mish mash that is the Interlude just doesnt really work particularly well in any of its intended roles in this overall story.
the interlude set itself an objectively difficult goal, to create interest and empathy toward a "new" character in people who were waiting for news about quite different characters.

the point is not even that Zoey should have been shown to be more nostalgic toward MC, that would have been a problem for players who don't even want to have doubts anyway. it would have been enough to show a more integrated Zoey in San Diego: what would have changed if she ended up really liking surfing and succeeding? it would have been good for her and for everyone.

instead DPC is a damn boomer so teenagers always make mistakes.
Zoey discontinues her studies? she regrets it, takes an online baccalaureate but that doesn't el allow her to go to the college she wants to
Zoey manages money for the first time? she's worried about this she has yet to get off the train. how does it work out? she squanders it on months of vacationing

basically in the end her stepfather is right ... what a boomer ... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

never mind the talk of a boyfriend or a fling ... it would either end in attempted rape or come down Discord.

instead no, epure the interlude also started off interestingly with the hostel, the drinking bracelet (essential for drinking beer on friends' terrace ...) , the surfing course ... I have a hard time imagining a more boring vacation...the only spice is added by that deranged Emma. the only important news it adds is that Zoey likes to draw... 3 renders were enough

Mmoney7187

Sep 30, 2017
Year 2029, F95 Being a DIK thread.

Everyone breathed a sigh of relief: the final Episode of Season 4 has just been released. It's all over, we finally got to Endgame. Some of the OGs survived it, people are discussing the endings and sharing their impressions.
And suddenly some dude with a new account:
"Please help. My game crushing at Episode 9 start during Jacob scene".
Underrated comment, also not enough mod user shaming :KEK:

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes